THE BROWNS BOARD

No Love for Quinn

DawgPound4Life

Can someone please explain to me why the Browns are trying to get rid of Quinn? We have a solid QB who, if given the right time, could be our franchise QB and we're trying to trade him for possible draft busts? The guy only played a couple of games last year and the game against the Broncos looked very promising. I can see the Browns dumping DA because he had his chance and was a bust. I just dont understand what Mangini's thinking is here.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone please explain to me why the Browns are trying to get rid of Quinn? We have a solid QB who, if given the right time, could be our franchise QB and we're trying to trade him for possible draft busts? The guy only played a couple of games last year and the game against the Broncos looked very promising. I can see the Browns dumping DA because he had his chance and was a bust. I just dont understand what Mangini's thinking is here.

Can you please show me something from the team that says they are trying to get rid of Quinn?

If you want to believe everything you read, then watch out, the sky is falling.

The media tries to make news now, they don't report it anymore.

You partially answered your own question...mangini wants to trade quinn obviously even for a second rounder which i find unacceptable and then there is the quinn smear campaign thats being waged against him originating from an unknown source likely mangini himself...mangini wasnt high on quinn as the jets coach and obviously still isnt..

I guess those 3 games bq started in were not real because he most certainly looked like a real nfl qb to me especially for his first starts..im really starting to question mangini's reasoning and motives on this issue..its unlikely any qb we get from the draft will measure up to quinn with sanchez having the best chance to be as good but its a gamble..and im going to be pissed if mangina starts DA or brings in a crappy vet...

Im on the verge of giving up on this club permanently as far as ever winning again its to early to tell but mankok may be a bigger bust then savage/crennel from a different prospective..savage wanted an exciting team mankok appears to want a drab vanilla and losing team with his own questionable leftover jets talent applied from the get go..

Right now we have to give them the benifit of doubt but doubt is quickly becoming the word as in i have no confidence at this point that mankok can build us a winner..i dont care for their choices in FA and predict i will feel the same throughout the draft and into the season..but who knows i could be way wrong its just a hunch..;)

You partially answered your own question...mangini wants to trade quinn obviously even for a second rounder which i find unacceptable and then there is the quinn smear campaign thats being waged against him originating from an unknown source likely mangini himself...mangini wasnt high on quinn as the jets coach and obviously still isnt..

I guess those 3 games bq started in were not real because he most certainly looked like a real nfl qb to me especially for his first starts..im really starting to question mangini's reasoning and motives on this issue..its unlikely any qb we get from the draft will measure up to quinn with sanchez having the best chance to be as good but its a gamble..and im going to be pissed if mangina starts DA or brings in a crappy vet...

Im on the verge of giving up on this club permanently its to early to tell but mankok may be a bigger bust then savage/crennel from a different prospective..savage wanted an exciting team mankok appears to want a drab vanilla and losing team with his own questionable talent applied..

Right now we have to give them the benifit of doubt but doubt is quickly becoming the word as in i have no confidence at this point that mankok can build us a winner..i dont care for their choices in FA and predict i will feel the same throughout the draft and into the season..but who knows i could be way wrong its just a hunch..;)

WOW.....talk about a stretch here....where the xxxx do you come up with this shit? Seriously! For one, IF the reports are true, and that's a BIG IF, all of them say a 1st is on the table and the Browns want more. Two, you honestly think Mangini is waging a smear campaign against Brady? Again, SERIOUSLY? Dude, you gotta put down whatever you're smokin!

Can you please show me something from the team that says they are trying to get rid of Quinn?

If you want to believe everything you read, then watch out, the sky is falling.

The media tries to make news now, they don't report it anymore.

I didn't necessarily mean to say that they are TRYING to get rid of Quinn. I just don't know why they would even dangle him in any trade whatsoever and why they would possibly even consider trading him.

I SWORE I wouldn't respond to anymore of this rumor crap, but I can't believe the BS that is being spread as fact.

I don't have the time for it, but someone ought to LIST both the writers & fans that are spreading/perpetuating all these rumors, then print their names (totally DEMOLISHING their credibility) when all this stuff proves to be false. Of course, if some of it proves to be true, give them credit for a good guess. Not ONE of us really knows what Mangini & Kokinis are thinking (that's a GOOD thing), so let's just post our opinions rather than gossip, & see what actually happens!

How many of us will "jump ship" if things don't go our way?...I know I won't...I have lived & died with Cleveland Teams since the very early 1950s & I will remain loyal to them...It WILL payoff before I croak (I think! ;) )

Mike

I guess you guys missed the piss poor practices BQ had over the past 2 years.

Then he finally gets in a game...guess what...he is piss poor.

Real fans would see the value in trading him now before he stinks up the joint and aint worth crap mid season.

Those same fans were happy to see Eric Snow start too....I mean he is local...so he must be good.

Charlie Frye

One good game against a team with no defense does not a career make. Perhaps Mangini watched Quinn in college, or his Pro day pre-draft which was said to have soured several teams on him, or the the fact that he's only cleared 45% on completions in one of the 4 games he's played, or seen him in practice/workouts a few times.... or perhaps he just wants to go a different direction altogether, nothing wrong with that, especially if he can get something of value for him.

Someone said Mangini has a history of building teams from the line and the linebackers first. Makes sense, that wasn't really a strong point last year. Maybe he thinks either QB is serviceable for a year or so if he improves the other stuff.

Who knows, it could be an interesting few weeks, could go into fall before we know who the starter at QB is.

For starters Quinn had an entire training camp to unseed Cletus the slack jawed yo cal and I don't care how blind, deaf, and dumb the coaching staff was ,if he had reminded anybody of Joe Montana he would have been the starter

That being said I think he's the real deal and given the talant and the COACHING he can lead us to the promise land,I just don't believe he has wowed anybody in the organization either past or present

The only possible way to get value for DA is to try to make somebody think we'll keep him, and maybe we will , DA wouldn't be the first QB to revive his career via coaching change

My feeling is the powers that be would like to off load DA's hefty contract plus any QB controversy but I think he'll end up back next season with a clipboard

As far as trading BQ,DA or BE your a fool if you don't at least listen ,as coach a you believe you're the reason the team wins or loses not any one player

If you don't think as a coach you can win with DA as your QB(For Christ sakes even Romeo did) then you shouldn't be a coach in the NFL

If your lucky enough to find the next LT in the draft then any QB just got a whole lot better,now we all know that there are no LT's in this draft but the FO may believe that there are 3 guy's round 1 that can turn this franchise around faster than the 3 best players we have on our roster right now.

For starters Quinn had an entire training camp to unseed Cletus the slack jawed yo cal and I don't care how blind, deaf, and dumb the coaching staff was ,if he had reminded anybody of Joe Montana he would have been the starter

I doubt you realize just what you have said here.....Even Joe Montana didn't start his first year. He threw all of 23 passes that rookie campaign.

Secondly, Do you really think Quinn or any 2nd year QB was going to unseat a Pro bowl QB that had just thrown 29 TD passes (A Browns record) the season before?

Brilliant post!

Im on the verge of giving up on this club permanently as far as ever winning again its to early to tell but mankok may be a bigger bust then savage/crennel from a different prospective..savage wanted an exciting team mankok appears to want a drab vanilla and losing team with his own questionable leftover jets talent applied from the get go..

Wake up dude and stop believeing everything you read from MaryKay Grossi. Mangini told the media todya the he expects Anderson and Quinn to be competing for the starting QB job when camp opens. He has said he isn't trying to trade Quinn. He told Quinn he isn't trying to trade him and that comes from Quinn himself so why do you believe these media hacks over the HC.

I doubt you realize just what you have said here.....Even Joe Montana didn't start his first year. He threw all of 23 passes that rookie campaign.

Secondly, Do you really think Quinn or any 2nd year QB was going to unseat a Pro bowl QB that had just thrown 29 TD passes (A Browns record) the season before?

Brilliant post!

Thank you Sherlock

Didn't say anything about Quinn's' first year but thanks for the history report on Montana's' rookie year

The point was if Quinn where a can't miss no doubt star there would be no trade talks.

The point was if Quinn where a can't miss no doubt star there would be no trade talks.

That couldn't be more innacurate. Not only potential stars, but current stars have always come up in trade talks.

Think about what you said again....If he were not a potential star....Why would any team be asking about him?

Must have me confused with somebody else ? don't remember posting that he has no potential ?

Then what did I say?

You didn't say he had no potential....And I didn't claim you did. You said he wasn't a potential star....This is what I said you had posted. You said If he was, there would be no trade talks.

You said, "If Quinn was a no doubt, can't miss star, there would be no trade talks".

You are obviously saying there are trades talks because he isn't thought of as a potential star or a can't miss guy.

So you must think teams make 1st round pick offers for guys that are not potential stars. The trade talks or rumors that you say shouldn't be happening if Quinn was a can't miss guy are with the Broncos and supposedly they have offered a #1 for Quinn....I doubt teams would be willing to give up a # 1 unless they think of him as a can't miss guy. Being a #1 is the epitome of a can't miss guy. Thus, giving up a #1 up would only be done for a can't miss guy.

Being a #1 is the epitome of a can't miss guy. Thus, giving up a #1 up would only be done for a can't miss guy.

You need to read the post (I think it was by OconRecon) that gives the track record of #1s the last decade... hardly can't miss.

You need to read the post (I think it was by OconRecon) that gives the track record of #1s the last decade... hardly can't miss.

You completely missed the point.....That being, when drafted #1, that means you are expected to be a can't miss guy. Not that you automatically are.

Of course there are #1's that are bust every year. But when a team drafts a player #1 that means they are laying millions of dollars on a guy not being a bust....therefore, being a #1 is the epitome of what a team's feels is a "Can't miss guy".

Why else draft him #1?

Did you read the entire conversation I was having with him? I'd think that should've been obvious and easy to understand if you had.

i just want a QB......DA can't get it done, and im not impressed with quinn thus far. wont be upset a bit if he's traded, wont be upset if he stays.

popular opinion in C-town is hardly a reason not to consider shopping his ass....

this thread reminds me of a quote on a hunting forum I frequent

"I swear, the IQ of this board drops every day!!"

Thanks for adding that extremely intelligent and informative post.

Reading a thread and then making a post within it concerning it's lack of value or intelligence is like going to a county fair and then talking about how only hillbillies go to the county fair.....Brilliant!

You may have confused "reports out of Berea" with "posts by shep"

Absolutely agreed, Lum. Does this guy look like he works out? Absolutely not!

BradyQuinn.jpg

And that terrible lethargy surely leads to no film study. Graduating from Notre Dame with dual degrees in Politcal Science and Finance, I'm sure his study habits are pathetic.

What does body waxing have to do with this?

FYI, I've heard Anderson say he can bench 4 bills. How's about ole chest wax there, what's he bench?

Well, it depends how you look at it. At the combine, he threw up 225 24 times. I'm pretty sure that translates to a max of at least 400. If DA can really bench 400, pigs can fly.

Week 9 at last year, he benched Derek Anderson.

Take your pick.

Well, it depends how you look at it. At the combine, he threw up 225 24 times. I'm pretty sure that translates to a max of at least 400. If DA can really bench 400, pigs can fly.

Week 9 at last year, he benched Derek Anderson.

Take your pick.

This is insane! Quinn played well against Denver last year (His first start and ony game he wasn't injured) and they would have won the game had the awful defence not taken a crap on the field. He won the Monday night game against the Bills with a broken finger, and was shut down for the year the game after that. He is NOT going anywhere. BE on the other hand is probably gone. He is a head case and probably will not work well with Mangini. I like the idea of some picks and Steve Smith from the Giants. If they want BE bad enough they will get it done. If not, we have BE signed through this year, can match his restricted FA offer next year, and can Fran-tag him the next year to lock him up for the next 3 seasons. Either way we will be fine.

Absolutely agreed, Lum. Does this guy look like he works out? Absolutely not!

BradyQuinn.jpg

And that terrible lethargy surely leads to no film study. Graduating from Notre Dame with dual degrees in Politcal Science and Finance, I'm sure his study habits are pathetic.

Gayest thread ever.

Who's faster, the Green Lantern or Superman?

My concern with Quinn is his ability to go downfield accurately. Because of the injury, that question hasn't been answered.

Well, he needs a chance to prove it before they talk trade. Sanchez is not the answer. He's got a bum knee and the running game can't support him right now. Quinn is mobile and COULD go downfield when he played at ND. Just my 2 cents. I say we trade DA to the Niners for a 3rd (or Vernon Davis) and give the guy a chance.

Archived