THE BROWNS BOARD

No Love for Quinn

DawgPound4Life

Quinn played well against Denver last year (His first start and ony game he wasn't injured) and they would have won the game had the awful defence not taken a crap on the field.

just for the sake of argument....Denver's defense was as pathetic as ours last year.....and he still lost. it could be blamed on our D not stopping a good offense, or it could be blamed on our offense's inability to do anything against another horrid defense.

i remember the defense losing a few other games that a certain unpopular QB was playing in....but that blame was also placed on said QB's shoulders.

take off the glasses.....perception is in the eye of the beholder.....

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Embrace the fact that Quinn works harder at being a better pro than Derek Bear. Because it is absolute fact

how do you justify this? how can you say what DA does at all outside of games? he even does off-field stuff like kid's football camps. (!)

will it ever be enough?

the guy just has no chance with so many of you, there seems no end to it.

how do you justify this? how can you say what DA does at all outside of games? he even does off-field stuff like kid's football camps. (!)

will it ever be enough?

the guy just has no chance with so many of you, there seems no end to it.

The reason is he simply is not a very good QB Bill, and that will always be first and foremost the reason why.

just for the sake of argument....Denver's defense was as pathetic as ours last year.....and he still lost. it could be blamed on our D not stopping a good offense, or it could be blamed on our offense's inability to do anything against another horrid defense.

i remember the defense losing a few other games that a certain unpopular QB was playing in....but that blame was also placed on said QB's shoulders.

take off the glasses.....perception is in the eye of the beholder.....

What is your answer then? DA? His QB rating was less tha 60 2 years ago and he never recovered from that Cinci loss that cost us the playoffs (see record and QB rating last year). All I am saying is give the guy a chance. We drafted him for a reason and Savage was not a complete idiot.

you still seem hung up on the idea that to say anything negative about quinn means that individual is a raging lumbergh......

im not sitting here armchair quarterbacking.....frankly, i care very little about WHO is under center.....only that that person is competent. i have no faith in anyone on the roster right now, so i dont care who they trade.

just get picks.....if we are rebuilding, we need picks so it doesn't take 3 more years.

im not enamored by quinns play.....in college or in the pros. but im not an ohio native either.

that position has been known to take awhile for guys to develop, especially w/out a quality vet to mentor from. neither of our current guys have had that. the top 10 QB's in the league still make mistakes regularly, yet everyone overlooks it (except Philly fans). similar to how the league values Braylon more than CLE seems to. our situation might require the better guy to play, even if he won't be the better guy forever.

i like our QB situation and hope we keep them both--as i've said before iron sharpens iron and those guys have shown they can coexist.

it's fan opinion that seems to be the problem. even if BQ starts and falters many will want to give him a two-year leash it seems. i'm ok with the best guy playing regardless and trust the staff to evaluate the talent for me. let the weaker choice develop on the practice field.

My concern with Quinn is his ability to go downfield accurately. Because of the injury, that question hasn't been answered.

It hasn't been answered about any rookie that hasn't even put on a NFL uniform yet either. Why is the grass always seem greener on the other side?

Yet, some would suggest we mortgage our future on a very suspect rookie QB class that features 2 underclassmen who have proved nothing. Let's hand the reins back to Mr. Accuracy Anderson, who isn't afraid to throw into triple coverage and can't hit a 5 yard crossing pattern while a guy that will be paid between 30 and 40 million sits with a clipboard and learns for a year or so. And by the end of the 2010 season we might know if he has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL. In the mean time we will be looking for a new coach and GM who will want to come in a bring in their own QB.

Around and around and around and where it stops nobody knows.

The one thing Lerner said after he fired Savage and RAC is that their biggest problem was they couldn't decide on a QB to run this team. And when he hired Mangini he said, "I can win with Quinn".

Maybe MaryKay Grossi will search the blogs and find another rumor to make these next 9 or 10 days even more disruptive.

It hasn't been answered about any rookie that hasn't even put on a NFL uniform yet either. Why is the grass always seem greener on the other side?

Yet, some would suggest we mortgage our future on a very suspect rookie QB class that features 2 underclassmen who have proved nothing. Let's hand the reins back to Mr. Accuracy Anderson, who isn't afraid to throw into triple coverage and can't hit a 5 yard crossing pattern while a guy that will be paid between 30 and 40 million sits with a clipboard and learns for a year or so. And by the end of the 2010 season we might know if he has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL. In the mean time we will be looking for a new coach and GM who will want to come in a bring in their own QB.

Around and around and around and where it stops nobody knows.

The one thing Lerner said after he fired Savage and RAC is that their biggest problem was they couldn't decide on a QB to run this team. And when he hired Mangini he said, "I can win with Quinn".

Maybe MaryKay Grossi will search the blogs and find another rumor to make these next 9 or 10 days even more disruptive.

Brady Quinn threw into blatant triple coverage twice and when he got yanked there were four red, white, and navy jerseys closer than anything resembling orange and brown.

deep balls sail but for the most part DA's long balls are easily catchable. he vastly improved his short game touch from '07 to '08 but could improve more.

not horrible for a guy who began cultivating his short pass while in the pros.

from my perspective there's a lot of bias in your post y-town.

And when he hired Mangini he said, "I can win with Quinn".

Mangini never said it on the record, somebody at the OBR had reported that they heard it from someone else.

While I know that it's basically become the holy grail for BQ Nation, keep in mind that there's a pretty damn good chance that it was never said. Especially now with BQ clearly out on the trade block.

Well like we discussed last summer when you were talking about DA doing great things in 08, we will see. The rubber will meet the road and once again you'll have egg on your face. Especially if Daboll is looking to run a WCO. Do you really think that type of offense fits derek bear's strengths? It's an honest question.

I didn't make predictions for 08 other than to tell you who the starter was. look it up BQ panty sniffer.

And as long as Brady "The Lady" Quinn keeps throwing interceptions on quick slant routes then any offense is better suited for DA.

I didn't make predictions for 08 other than to tell you who the starter was. look it up BQ panty sniffer.

And as long as Brady "The Lady" Quinn keeps throwing interceptions on quick slant routes then any offense is better suited for DA.

And totally ignore all of DA's INTS on slant routes AND screen passes. Yep, quality posting.

You completely missed the point.....That being, when drafted #1, that means you are expected to be a can't miss guy. Not that you automatically are.

Of course there are #1's that are bust every year. But when a team drafts a player #1 that means they are laying millions of dollars on a guy not being a bust....therefore, being a #1 is the epitome of what a team's feels is a "Can't miss guy".

Why else draft him #1?

Did you read the entire conversation I was having with him? I'd think that should've been obvious and easy to understand if you had.

Without reading the rest of the thread.... I'm sure the decision makers are thinking "can't miss" at the time they draft a first rounder, but 2 entire years of limited production and a new regime of decision makers might change that outlook... the new guys might think there are other "can't miss" guys on the horizon and it's time to move someone who's been there for 2 years and is still unproven for another "can't miss" opportunity.

Mangini never said it on the record, somebody at the OBR had reported that they heard it from someone else.

While I know that it's basically become the holy grail for BQ Nation, keep in mind that there's a pretty damn good chance that it was never said. Especially now with BQ clearly out on the trade block.

For your information Mangini to it to one of the OBR staff when he did group interviews after he was interduced. Pluto reported it, Zac Jackson reported it and Caplan reported it.

So, since Mangini told Quinn they aren't trading him, what does that mean in your book? He's on the block? YOu talk about BQ bias..................you're a laugh a minute you dumbass.

Brady Quinn threw into blatant triple coverage twice and when he got yanked there were four purple and black jerseys closer than anything resembling orange and brown.

deep balls sail but for the most part DA's long balls are easily catchable. he vastly improved his short game touch from '07 to '08 but could improve more.

not horrible for a guy who began cultivating his short pass while in the pros.

from my perspective there's a lot of bias in your post y-town.

I would take what you said as constructive critism until you said DAs short game touch improved from 07 to 08. Then I realized you really don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Bias, yes...................................I want the best chance to win and I know it isn't with DA under center and it isn't with some rookie QB who has played 16 games in college whose coach said he wasn't ready.

Sorry, I'm not a Quinn lover, I just want the best chance to win. If I tell you that Quinn wasn't the only QB in the NFL last year who threw into tripple coverage twice would that make a difference. Anderson does it regularly every game.

Guest Super Fly
Not only does DA have multiple shortcomings in his passing game but the guy has cement shoes. He's about as mobile as stephen hawking in a mud pit.

That and he has absolutely no charisma to rally the troops when needed. If you get down in a game and need to come from behind you want a QB your team can get behind and get excited about. The Oaf just stands there with this sheepish green and doesn't really say much. His teammates stand around wondering if the guy is stoned or legally Retarded.

Like I've said a million times, he's a very good backup and will win you a few games if you don't have any pressure or expectations on him.

He is Retarded and is the last one to leave the shower

Guest Super Fly

you have been jerkin your gerkin since 2007 over derek anderson and hate anyone who likes any real quarterback.

Not only does DA have multiple shortcomings in his passing game but the guy has cement shoes. He's about as mobile as stephen hawking in a mud pit.

That and he has absolutely no charisma to rally the troops when needed. If you get down in a game and need to come from behind you want a QB your team can get behind and get excited about. The Oaf just stands there with this sheepish green and doesn't really say much. His teammates stand around wondering if the guy is stoned or legally Retarded.

Like I've said a million times, he's a very good backup and will win you a few games if you don't have any pressure or expectations on him.

nice try, very passionate.

Too bad DA has a half a dozen come from behind wins on his resume to prove your post is nothing but BQ lovin bullshit.

Hey nice finish by BQ in the Denver game BTW. 4 straight incomplete passes with the game on the line. Blasted one over KIIs head on 4th down. That's a troop rallier if there ever was one.

you have been jerkin your gerkin since 2007 over derek anderson and hate anyone who likes any real quarterback.

Yeah me and other NFL coaches seem to think alike. Uncanny isn't it?

However, you and the editors of GAY MENS magazine are thinking on the same wavelength. So you got that goin for ya.

Guest Super Fly
Too bad DA has a half a dozen come from behind wins on his resume to prove your post is nothing but BQ lovin bullshit.

against inferior teams

this settles it bitch

that position has been known to take awhile for guys to develop, especially w/out a quality vet to mentor from. neither of our current guys have had that. the top 10 QB's in the league still make mistakes regularly, yet everyone overlooks it (except Philly fans). similar to how the league values Braylon more than CLE seems to. our situation might require the better guy to play, even if he won't be the better guy forever.

i like our QB situation and hope we keep them both--as i've said before iron sharpens iron and those guys have shown they can coexist.

it's fan opinion that seems to be the problem. even if BQ starts and falters many will want to give him a two-year leash it seems. i'm ok with the best guy playing regardless and trust the staff to evaluate the talent for me. let the weaker choice develop on the practice field.

You develop by playing the game. Watching will only carry so far. At some point you have to get reps.

Playing the guy who is better now because the other guy needs to develop is counter-productive. Not to mention, the other guy actually ISN'T better now.

You develop by playing the game. Watching will only carry so far. At some point you have to get reps.

Playing the guy who is better now because the other guy needs to develop is counter-productive. Not to mention, the other guy actually ISN'T better now.

Aikman has always said this. You can't learn to throw by studying throwing, your need to actually throw. Same for quarterbacking. Get in there, take your lumps, and learn on the job.

Amen brother.

Aikman has always said this. You can't learn to throw by studying throwing, your need to actually throw. Same for quarterbacking. Get in there, take your lumps, and learn on the job.

Amen brother.

After 3 years pf play, Aikman had thrown 31 TDs and 46 INTS.... most of guys on this board would have never let him play year 4 and have the career he had.

And Aikman was a first round draft choice and given a Manning level amount of time to develop.

If he were a 6th round draft choice and a first round draft choice was on the bench, then he would have been yanked halfway though year #2.

Guys, stop attacking the Straw Man. D&S doesn't have a leg to stand re:Derek-bear's performance, so he's going to pull the old switcheroo and try and deflect the convo.

Guys, stop attacking the Straw Man. D&S doesn't have a leg to stand re:Derek-bear's performance, so he's going to pull the old switcheroo and try and deflect the convo.

DA's performance was just plain not that bad. There are guys here drooling over first rounders and saying they should be given time, years if necessary, to improve to DA's level or beyond of play. He's had some poor games, and some very good games, but he's been the most successful QB the Browns have had in years. Apparently if he'd been drafted 140 picks earlier none of this supposed controversy would exist.

Wake up dude and stop believeing everything you read from MaryKay Grossi. Mangini told the media todya the he expects Anderson and Quinn to be competing for the starting QB job when camp opens. He has said he isn't trying to trade Quinn. He told Quinn he isn't trying to trade him and that comes from Quinn himself so why do you believe these media hacks over the HC.

Would you supply a link or explain how you came by this inside info. :blink:

Would you supply a link or explain how you came by this inside info. :blink:

Mangini released a statement through the team PR guys and he told Quinn that and Quinn told it to the media. I'm not searching for links. You believe it or not. But his initials are Zac Jackson.

BTW, my son works for a local ESPN radio affiliate and also writes some and does source verification for Scouts.com. They usually check out their rumors before they print a story, unlike MaryKay Grossi.

Some of the OBR articles are just writers opinions but those are what they are, but when Fred Greetham puts something out, he has checked the sources and there are some facts behind it.

I'm not saying you have to believe anything, take it for what it's worth.

DA's performance was just plain not that bad. There are guys here drooling over first rounders and saying they should be given time, years if necessary, to improve to DA's level or beyond of play. He's had some poor games, and some very good games, but he's been the most successful QB the Browns have had in years. Apparently if he'd been drafted 140 picks earlier none of this supposed controversy would exist.

Let's see...ummm..yeah. 1st rounders usually GET years because you are PAYING them for years regardless. That's what sucks about it. You're essentially held hostage hoping a guy will improve (see Michael Vick). If Aikman had been a 6th rounder, he wouldn't have made it past year 1 before he would have been replaced.

The difference here is that OUR first rounder has never had the chance to show that he sucks. He's been in the league for 2 years, but the opportunity to start wasn't granted until the team was in complete chaos. It's pretty damn similar to the Rodgers situation, except Favre was still playing at a high level.

Archived