THE BROWNS BOARD

Schefter reports Gilbert traded....

hoorta

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The night of the draft I was bitching about passing on Khalil Mack, every wide receiver, Derek Carr or Garapolo! This year's draft wasn't any better! They passed on top ten talent and ended up with Coleman! Coleman? Are you kidding me? We could have drafted Zeke Elliot, Noah Spence and Dak Prescott! All three would be starters and our team would be infinitely better than what we got!

there's no proof from anyone's record (football) in the FO that any of this will work.

football is a different sport than baseball. you don't build by analytics or worrying about the purse string. you actually need first round talent on both sides of the ball.

hope you got another decade and 3 more regimes to see this team recoup anything that'll look like that.

me, my days are #'d and i'm tired of it.

btw, those young players will be replaced next year because of some calculation.

For my money this has been the real problem since 99. The FO has been horrible since day 1. If you were trying to fuck drafts up you couldn't do much worse than the Browns the last 17 years.

The night of the draft I was bitching about passing on Khalil Mack, every wide receiver, Derek Carr or Garapolo! This year's draft wasn't any better! They passed on top ten talent and ended up with Coleman! Coleman? Are you kidding me? We could have drafted Zeke Elliot, Noah Spence and Dak Prescott! All three would be starters and our team would be infinitely better than what we got!

I mean who knows how much pull Hue has in calling who he wants us to draft. Sashi and Desposta might have the ultimate say. Trading down also let us pay the rookie less which saves jimmy big money. Coleman should be a good WR2 eventually, but dammit I wanted an instant playmaker. A clay matthews, jj watt, khalil mack type player. It's very hard to find a diamond in the rough. Next year i'll be happy if we take the best player on the board with our pick.

So are we going to rename this thread "Thoughts on Past Drafts" or what?

Personally I'd go with "dumb dumbs Bitching About Things That Can't be Undone" but I'll leave that up to the mods.

I hear you...

No one was more dismayed at passing on Mack than me, and even I know there's an expiration date on that bitch...

So are we going to rename this thread "Thoughts on Past Drafts" or what?

Personally I'd go with "dumb dumbs Bitching About Things That Can't be Undone" but I'll leave that up to the mods.

Ok I go with this draft. Drafting Corey Coleman with #15 was an epic fail.

Ok I go with this draft. Drafting Corey Coleman with #15 was an epic fail.

LMAO You know this after 1 training camp and 2 pre-season games?

Funny how most Steeler fans are OK with the trade as are Browns fans letting him go.

Gilbert seen as low risk high potential acquisition.

Having legit 4.3 speed, he would be the best kick returner on the Steeler roster.

Lol.

Your roster must blow.

Better hope Ben doesn't go down. Not much else going on there.

Z

Funny how most Steeler fans are OK with the trade as are Browns fans letting him go.

Having legit 4.3 speed, he would be the best kick returner on the Steeler roster.

troy palomala v2.0 with ur coaching staff.

No one should think the Steelers are the end all be all in the art of player acquisitions and drafting either.

Recall the last time the Steelers made a deal with the Browns?...trading up with the browns to draft Shamarko Thomas.... in the eyes of Steeler scouts projected as the second coming of Troy Polamalu. That aint working out so well. A disappointment, his ass still occupies the bench.

Lol.

Better hope Ben doesn't go down. Not much else going on there.

Z

And I know you're hoping he does, but fear not the Steelers have acquired Mettenberger from the Chargers!

How can you go wrong with another QB named 'berger'?

A double berger man...two all beefs, one well done the other a litte raw.

Just know that the dude is more than a little "strange".

If I were Tomlin I'd locker Gilbert right next to Harrison. Would simultaneously motivate Justin's ass and make him seem more "normal".

And I know you're hoping he does, but fear not the Steelers have acquired Mettenberger from the Chargers!How can you go wrong with another QB named 'berger'?A double berger man...two all beefs, one well done the other a litte raw.

Like my balls in your face you fuckin idiot.

I just wanted Gilbert cut, but THIS FO gets rid of him, gets a pick for him, AND dumps him on Pittspuke! LOL

Life is good!

Mike

Exactly.

I thought the Andy Lee trade was a thing of beauty. But this tops that.

Z

Which is fine for the price you paid for him, but for the price we paid, we expected much, much more than a STs guy.

Archived