THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs Ravens Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hoorta I guess you saw a lot of different reaction than I did after the game. What I saw in my section (138) , in the hall on the way out and all the way back to Puritas on the RTA was outrage on the total fuck job we got. No calls on hitting McCown after he was down, bullshit personal foul on Coleman, bullshit PI on Haden and the most outrageous being the taunting call at the end. This was OUR game to win and we were straight fucked. Fuck dont take it from my slanted view 17 rows up from the fucking play, here it is in the words of a Ravens reporter

Jeff Zrebiec, Ravens reporter: The Ravens won't be able to overcome the issues that plagued them today against too many other teams. Give them credit for making some plays late and give the assist to a phantom taunting call on Terrelle Pryor. However, until team figures out to run the ball better and more consistently, they are going to play a lot more games like this.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tour watch this vid , especially the 2nd angle and tell me there is any stretch of the imagination that makes this a legit taunting call. it is not even in the realm of taunting. I have seen Pryor run his mouth , taunt and act immature but this was a straight bullshit call.

https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/ll5i.mp4

Did and I don't see taunting... never did. I thought it slipped out of his hand when I saw it live... and that is still what it looked like.

Did you watch the Week 1 MNF game? Williams scored on a late run and could not get a hold on the tip of the ball to do his little bowing salute he does. After a couple tries he had to dry his gloved hand on his uniform. Then he got a grip and proceeded. Point being the little slips that happened looked just like what happened with Pryor.

Know what? Doesn't matter...

My point above was that the refs have to enforce the rules as written and not judge how bad the infraction was considering the time left in the game... blah... blah... blah. Does not mean they will get them all right all of the time, but does eliminate a variable.

Nope be honest....you're happy they lost. Makes it easier for you to come in here and say you were right and the Browns are terrible and you all should've listened to me when I told you that they are going to suck.

he is being realistic...they do suck..and it won't change until we get a qb, a pass rush, a secondary, linebackers that can cause fumbles. an ol that can consistantly block well. we suck.....still....maybe it will all change now that we signed clipboard jesus...heheheheheeeeee. what a catastrophy...

Taunting is a stupid fucking penalty to begin with. These are grown ass men playing a sport that could literally kill you at any moment.

Does a finger wag bruise your vagina to the point where you can't play? Get over it.

Yep!

Yea, it would be sooo kool if the guys could toss the ball in their opponents face and grab their crotches while flipping them off... Fuck yea man that would be bitchen.

Taunting is a stupid fucking penalty to begin with. These are grown ass men playing a sport that could literally kill you at any moment.

Does a finger wag bruise your vagina to the point where you can't play? Get over it.

And there you go. You don't want to get taunted? Don't get beat. You're pissed a guy celebrated in front of you? Kick his ass on the next play. This isn't kindergarten, the NFL is not a 'safe space'.

he is being realistic...they do suck..and it won't change until we get a qb, a pass rush, a secondary, linebackers that can cause fumbles. an ol that can consistantly block well. we suck.....still....maybe it will all change now that we signed clipboard jesus...heheheheheeeeee. what a catastrophy...

Again, "I only Bitch52" STFU.. You know 2 words, sucks & hehehe..surely gay bars need more bitches like you..Told you week 1,Got 15 more weeks to enjoy this ride. #quitbitchin52

The ref who was closest to the play and looking right at the players appeared to have no intention of throwing a flag but the out of position ref who came running down the sidelines and was not in as good position as the other ref seemed to be a little flag happy in how quickly he threw the flag.

https://cdn-e2.strea...mobile/ll5i.mp4

The ref who was closest to the play and looking right at the players appeared to have no intention of throwing a flag but the out of position ref who came running down the sidelines and was not in as good position as the other ref seemed to be a little flag happy in how quickly he threw the flag.

Not in position? 2 yds away? Come on man. You're reaching now.

Hoorta I guess you saw a lot of different reaction than I did after the game. What I saw in my section (138) , in the hall on the way out and all the way back to Puritas on the RTA was outrage on the total fuck job we got. No calls on hitting McCown after he was down, bullshit personal foul on Coleman, bullshit PI on Haden and the most outrageous being the taunting call at the end. This was OUR game to win and we were straight fucked. Fuck dont take it from my slanted view 17 rows up from the fucking play, here it is in the words of a Ravens reporter

Jeff Zrebiec, Ravens reporter: The Ravens won't be able to overcome the issues that plagued them today against too many other teams. Give them credit for making some plays late and give the assist to a phantom taunting call on Terrelle Pryor. However, until team figures out to run the ball better and more consistently, they are going to play a lot more games like this.

The Ravens suck. Browns should have beat them. They only won because we had a QB that was an understudy for the Villain in The Fugitive (one armed man), and because refs decided that the Browns we too young to be allowed to win a close game.

Not in position? 2 yds away? Come on man. You're reaching now.

Look at the video at 8 seconds and it is a straight on shot showing the ref closest to the players and the ref who threw the flag not even in view. If anyone would have thought that should be taunting it would be the ref closest to the players involved.

Did anybody else think Joe Haden should've run that first pick back for a TD? All he had to do was keep going down the sideline, but he cut it back to the middle of the field. WTF? We ended up scoring (thank God), but that usually means "FG Attempt' for our team. Maybe he's just rusty with the ball in his hands.

Look at the video at 8 seconds and it is a straight on shot showing the ref closest to the players and the ref who threw the flag not even in view. If anyone would have thought that should be taunting it would be the ref closest to the players involved.

Two can play that game. Stop it at 4 sec just as the ball is leaving his hands. That ref is in perfect position to see it all.

Also germane... taunting type stuff is one of the NFL's "points of emphasis" for 2016.

And I think that's truly the key to the whole call. Being that it's a point of emphasis...if its remotely close, they're calling it. In hindsight, the more surprising call is the call on Coleman. The officials should've seen that both guys were guilty in that situation and its either no call and break them up and move on, or its the offsetting variety of calls just to get everyone's attention.

Two can play that game. Stop it at 4 sec just as the ball is leaving his hands. That ref is in perfect position to see it all.

The ref who was in perfect position did not throw the flag and the one who threw the flag what did he witness? He saw a ball very gingerly being dropped and bouncing off the shoulder pads of the ravens player. It looked like the ref was wanting the ball and the Ravens player was between the ref and Pryor so it is not like Pryor went out of his way to drop the ball on the Ravens player. This was in the closing seconds of a close game and why would you throw a flag on that ticky tack call?

The ref who was in perfect position did not throw the flag and the one who threw the flag what did he witness? He saw a ball very gingerly being dropped and bouncing off the shoulder pads of the ravens player. It looked like the ref was wanting the ball and the Ravens player was between the ref and Pryor so it is not like Pryor went out of his way to drop the ball on the Ravens player. This was in the closing seconds of a close game and why would you throw a flag on that ticky tack call?

Because it's a 2016 "point of emphasis" rule. The officials are on notice to watch for it and call it whenever it's close.

How many times have you seen that before in the history of the NFL?

Off the top of my head, I remember a popular little fella getting called for taunting after he flipped off the entire opposing team....... Too bad they called it, what a great sport it would be if everyone could act like immature punks each and every play.

They can, and they do. And it is a great sport. You can always go watch Bob Ross paint happy trees if you want.

I prefer to watch men like Barry Sanders play the game, while you like to watch punks like your boy Johnny Finger..... To each their own.

Well there were a couple, like the PI call in the endzone that the refs put the ball on the 2 and not the 1, the so called fumble, You fags are so fucking blind it makes me sick, always get bullshit calls, like the game against Miami a few years back andthere are so many to even count. Fuck the Steelers and their fans and why the fuck are you on a BROWNS fan site anyhow?

you both sound like a couple of old women arguing over the correct temp. for cooking a casserole

Off the top of my head, I remember a popular little fella getting called for taunting after he flipped off the entire opposing team....... Too bad they called it, what a great sport it would be if everyone could act like immature punks each and every play.

Man, that little fella sure is tearing the league up right now, isn't he?

Let me rephrase - how many times have you seen an actual legitimate NFL player grab his balls and flick off a player or ref?

I bet you give your kids participation medals, too.

Archived