THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs Ravens Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Do you think the Browns go with Kessler next week? If McCown is hurt they have nothing to lose! Hue was the one who wanted Kessler and Hogan should play too this year if we're going to lose. Might as well see what we have.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched it several times, it appears to me that he intended to toss it to the ref and the ball slipped out of his hand.

Just a real bad call by the Refs

Do you think the Browns go with Kessler next week? If McCown is hurt they have nothing to lose! Hue was the one who wanted Kessler and Hogan should play too this year if we're going to lose. Might as well see what we have.

i think McCown will keep playing until he breaks a bone. It may happen soon, so hopefully Kessler takes some snaps with the 1's during the week.

I've watched it several times, it appears to me that he intended to toss it to the ref and the ball slipped out of his hand.

This^^^U can't make this Shit up.. watch TP follow-threw..AHH Slip..

Competitive game, and they looked better than the week before.... I'll take it, but the debbie downers won't.

I feel this way too, trust me. A lot of encouraging things and we largely fucked ourselves with "rookie mistakes" as opposed to bad plays.

But as noted, that call is beyond bullshit and the NFL won't do anything about it because 1) It's the Browns, 2) They have no balls.

The losers always try to blame the refs for their failures. The Browns gave up 25 unanswered points. THAT lost us the game

I'm so God damn fucking tired of this line of thinking. This is football, one missed call can be the reason you win or lose. Yes, we didn't play well in the 2nd half. But we played well that last drive and were all in to win the fucking game and a fucking jobbed call cost us that chance. That wasn't a late call to have a chance for a miracle onside kick and hail mary. Two bad things don't correct each other, and we got screwed.

Just a real bad call by the Refs

The ref was at least a foot to two feet to the R of the Ratbird, when Pryor lifts it up shoulder high and lets it just drop on the left side of the players shoulder which causes it to roll away left away from the ref. A second ref with the best angle is right behind Pryor and clearly has the best angle to know exactly what he did. He was the one that threw the flag.

I feel this way too, trust me. A lot of encouraging things and we largely fucked ourselves with "rookie mistakes" as opposed to bad plays.

But as noted, that call is beyond bullshit and the NFL won't do anything about it because 1) It's the Browns, 2) They have no balls.

I'm so God damn fucking tired of this line of thinking. This is football, one missed call can be the reason you win or lose. Yes, we didn't play well in the 2nd half. But we played well that last drive and were all in to win the fucking game and a fucking jobbed call cost us that chance. That wasn't a late call to have a chance for a miracle onside kick and hail mary. Two bad things don't correct each other, and we got screwed.

And you can be upset by that line of thinking but unfortunately "we made strides" which we've been hearing since 2007 isn't true. One of the things I liked about Pettine is comment, "no such thing as a moral victory in the NFL" and he's right.

The bad call by the ref in the closing seconds of the game didn't cost us the game (we were already losing at that point).

It did however cost us the opportunity to win the game.

The poor offensive showing in the 2nd half cost us the game.

The bad call by the ref in the closing seconds of the game didn't cost us the game (we were already losing at that point).

It did however cost us the opportunity to win the game.

The poor offensive showing in the 2nd half cost us the game.

Agree. It was a tough call, but not a bad one. Our player tossed the ball and it hit the opposing player.... That is a fact, can't dispute it. Only Pryor knows for sure if it was his intent to hit him or not, but in the end he's the one that let the ball go out of his hand in a day and age where the refs look for stuff like that.

It's like in baseball when everyone sees the "bad" call at 1st to end the game as the reason their team lost 4-3, but they all forget that their 3,4 and 5 batters all struck out with the bases loaded in the 3rd..................

The ref was at least a foot to two feet to the R of the Ratbird, when Pryor lifts it up shoulder high and lets it just drop on the left side of the players shoulder which causes it to roll away left away from the ref. A second ref with the best angle is right behind Pryor and clearly has the best angle to know exactly what he did. He was the one that threw the flag.

I see it very different...its Over! So is the game! NEXT....

Honestly, I'm only going to say this once and let it go. But, it's calls like this one that make me wonder about if pockets are lined for Vegas. The spread was 4.5 on most all major lines this week in favor of the Ravens..they cover with a 5 point win. The second they went up 5 I looked at my wife and said "let's see how the refs call this knowing the spread has been covered"

I'm not saying it's rigged, but damn if sometimes it's hard not to feel that way.

Agree. It was a tough call, but not a bad one. Our player tossed the ball and it hit the opposing player.... That is a fact, can't dispute it. Only Pryor knows for sure if it was his intent to hit him or not, but in the end he's the one that let the ball go out of his hand in a day and age where the refs look for stuff like that.

It's like in baseball when everyone sees the "bad" call at 1st to end the game as the reason their team lost 4-3, but they all forget that their 3,4 and 5 batters all struck out with the bases loaded in the 3rd..................

Thanks Paul Depodesta....? Sorry couldn't resist ?

Like it or not, these losses NEED to happen.

We need to watch these young players grow and who can contribute. They need to learn how to remain competitive before they can learn to win.

More importantly, if you want to do this shit right, you get the #1overall pick this year. Even IF there is no franchise QB available in your eyes, you hold all the draft cards and leverage for future picks.

Some of you will bitch about the penalty on TP at the end of the game. I fucking wish we could have had that called against us playing the Colts in 2011. Then we'd be having this conversation but at least Andrew

Luck would be our starting QB.

I laugh at someone in there twenties saying 'just one before I die'.

Honestly, I'm only going to say this once and let it go. But, it's calls like this one that make me wonder about if pockets are lined for Vegas. The spread was 4.5 on most all major lines this week in favor of the Ravens..they cover with a 5 point win. The second they went up 5 I looked at my wife and said "let's see how the refs call this knowing the spread has been covered"

I'm not saying it's rigged, but damn if sometimes it's hard not to feel that way.

I think it's more of the "No Fun League" being overly enforced. I was more upset when Josh gave himself up early in the game and the Ravens pounced on him late.

I had to sit there and listen to the goddamn golden state warriors fan base cry about how the refs had taken the championship from them. No its because your team flat out blew their lead and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and this is no different. Don't give up 25 straight points and you don't have to worry about a taunting call.

Browns C Cameron Erving left the stadium on a stretcher in an ambulance following the Week 2 loss to the Ravens.

Erving was injured late in the loss, needing medical attention on the field before making his way to the sideline. On the bench, he appeared to be grabbing at his left pectoral or upper chest. The Browns say he's in stable condition, but was experiencing cramps and discomfort in his vagina and ribs.

I think this kinda sums up my view on the call at the end as well. This from the ex-head of officiating from the NFL who's great to read during the games because he's not afraid to criticize the officials during the games.

Mike Pereira @MikePereira 51m51 minutes ago

Pryor dropped the ball on the opponent, but I don't like that call as taunting. Technically it is, but I don't really like it.

I think this kinda sums up my view on the call at the end as well. This from the ex-head of officiating from the NFL who's great to read during the games because he's not afraid to criticize the officials during the games.

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira 51m51 minutes ago

Pryor dropped the ball on the opponent, but I don't like that call as taunting. Technically it is, but I don't really like it.

Yep, I agree too.... a tough call, but not the wrong call. If Pryor leaves the ball on the ground, or hands it to the ref, who knows, maybe we're all celebrating a great win. Hopefully the coaches will use it as a teachable moment, and not make excuses for him.

Archived