THE BROWNS BOARD

Corey Coleman broke his hand

Adoug319

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Coleman in my starting line ups on every fantasy team. Now I have to go and change each lineup in CBS, ESPN & NFL leagues!

Not to mention what the Browns are going to do!

Maybe Kessler like most rookies finds a favorite receiver from practice. Rishard Higgans?

OMG

I can't disagree. We're going from "no contact" pre season to "getting blasted" in season & these players' bodies are not tuned to absorb that difference. Screw this "safety first" shit...it ain't working & it ain't just the Browns folks!

Let's get back to REAL football.

Mike

You hit the nail on the head! Pete Caroll and the Seahawks just lost a draft pick and got a hefty fine for their practices. And it's not the first time the Seahawks have been caught and fined.

Roger Goodell is ruining the NFL

Alright, it's official that the Browns are cursed. It's time to get into the supernatural to get this curse lifted. Who knows which one will work, so let's start with.....animal sacrifice?

It's got to be a live chicken in the locker room forget that Colonel Sanders stuff.

And plenty of cigars and rum....well maybe for me. :)

Not a bad idea to plan a new movie, Cleveland is due for some additional national attention of some sort.

What is the record winning margin in an NFL game

When we play the Pats in week 5 it could be a horror show ....Brady will be making up for lost time as will Gronk

Well it could be worse. We could have lost our starting QB, paid a king's ransom to get someone else's starting QB then in turn lose the best runner in the NFL and the starting LT who was supposed to protect the newly acquired QB. At least our brittle QBs did not cost anywhere near someone else's brittle QB who will likely go down to injury if he keeps getting hit like he did this past game.

yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Yo ho ho and a bottle of Kessler. You listening Z? The 60 proof Orange shit won't cut it this Sunday. (I did bring a bottle)

When we play the Pats in week 5 it could be a horror show ....Brady will be making up for lost time as will Gronk

But Josh- not McCown is back. :) We're going to score 50 with Hogan at qb. As to winning margin- that would be held by Da Bears 1940. It's 73-0. I feel pretty safe in saying that one is good forever.

I know every year it seems like we've pissed *someone* off and we get fucked over by bad draft choices, good players turning shit, getting suspended or whatever, but this year is taking the cake. It's like, someone is seeing that cleveland has a good player, and they're just like NOPE LOLOLOL!!!

I know every year it seems like we've pissed *someone* off and we get fucked over by bad draft choices, good players turning shit, getting suspended or whatever, but this year is taking the cake. It's like, someone is seeing that cleveland has a good player, and they're just like NOPE LOLOLOL!!!

Sunday around 2PM: The Browns just went up on the Ravens 20-0 in the first quarter, it looks like we have stabilized the QB position with Josh McCown and our rookie WR Corey Coleman already has two TD catches....Harps are playing in the background

Cut to Wednesday night ; The Browns blew the lead, lost the game and got screwed by the refs for good measure, McCown is nearly dead, Coleman's gone, as is our other promising rookie and our starting center, we are 0-2, on our third QB and Browns fans have seizures every time they get an alert on their phone ... music from "Psycho" playing in the background.

Zombo

If I wasn't already losing my mind about this team, I am now. It just doesn't seem possible. The Nassib injury was bad enough, but this one is just horrendous. This season was all about evaluating our young players and assembling a quality, youthful roster. Now, it's even more difficult to do this. Nobody in the sporting world has ONE nice thing to say about Kessler, and it appears to be a foregone conclusion that he is going to be absolutely miserable. What's worse? How do we expect to keep Cody healthy? It's going to be bad enough watching Kessler play, but do you have ANY idea what we'll be like when he goes down? We're facing Suh, Williams, and Wake this weekend. I mean...wtf man.

What hurts worse is how Coleman really broke out for us. He just looked so explosive and everything our team needed. The thought of watching our WR's play with Josh McCown was really the one thing I could still get excited about. Now, that's been taken away too. If I had to point to something positive, it would be that Coleman does NOT need surgery, and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. Being young, it wouldn't surprise if it was closer to 4 weeks than 6. I'm thinking he'll be back by game 6, maybe 7, and Gordon and McCown will both be playing too (hopefully).

It doesn't seem right. It just doesn't. Hue Jackson had NO IDEA what it would be like in Cleveland, and it didn't take him long to figure it out. I'm sorry Hue...welcome to Browns football.

If I wasn't already losing my mind about this team, I am now. It just doesn't seem possible. The Nassib injury was bad enough, but this one is just horrendous. This season was all about evaluating our young players and assembling a quality, youthful roster. Now, it's even more difficult to do this. Nobody in the sporting world has ONE nice thing to say about Kessler, and it appears to be a foregone conclusion that he is going to be absolutely miserable. What's worse? How do we expect to keep Cody healthy? It's going to be bad enough watching Kessler play, but do you have ANY idea what we'll be like when he goes down? We're facing Suh, Williams, and Wake this weekend. I mean...wtf man.

What hurts worse is how Coleman really broke out for us. He just looked so explosive and everything our team needed. The thought of watching our WR's play with Josh McCown was really the one thing I could still get excited about. Now, that's been taken away too. If I had to point to something positive, it would be that Coleman does NOT need surgery, and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. Being young, it wouldn't surprise if it was closer to 4 weeks than 6. I'm thinking he'll be back by game 6, maybe 7, and Gordon and McCown will both be playing too (hopefully).

It doesn't seem right. It just doesn't. Hue Jackson had NO IDEA what it would be like in Cleveland, and it didn't take him long to figure it out. I'm sorry Hue...welcome to Browns football.

Look at this way-maybe we're getting all the bad shit out this year in some sort of cosmic intervention. Coleman and Nassib will be back with plenty of season left to evaluate them. If a guy is destined for an injury I'd rather it'd be in a lost season as opposed to late in a good one.

Also, a hand is far from the worst thing to break all things considered.

Look at this way-maybe we're getting all the bad shit out this year in some sort of cosmic intervention. Coleman and Nassib will be back with plenty of season left to evaluate them. If a guy is destined for an injury I'd rather it'd be in a lost season as opposed to late in a good one.

poor kessler...poor poor poor kessler...he's going to get sloberknockered.....

What's Brady gonna do, throw 50 yard deep balls over us? Scramble for 20 yards? Or will Belichik and his coaches form a game plan to get the best out of everyone they have on that roster? Amazes me that people think Brady is some sort of God, he has a limited skillset but is a pawn for the best gameday coach to ever stand on the sideline to use.

What's Brady gonna do, throw 50 yard deep balls over us? Scramble for 20 yards? Or will Belichik and his coaches form a game plan to get the best out of everyone they have on that roster? Amazes me that people think Brady is some sort of God, he has a limited skillset but is a pawn for the best gameday coach to ever stand on the sideline to use.

There's a lot of stupid stuff on this board, but this might just take the cake. Yep, that Tom Brady guy will surely go down as the dude with a limited skill set.

This is why we can't have nice things.

If there is any validity to the law of averages, what you say could be true. Perhaps we're just getting all of the awful crap out of the way, and the rest of the year our players will remain mostly healthy. I know it's laughable, especially at this moment, but it's possible. What REALLY hurts is how we need to throw Kessler to the wolves. Not only is he 3rd string and by all accounts "not ready", but he's going up against a truly nasty defensive front. I'm not sure Kessler gets out of this game in tact.

We need Kessler, Ogbha, and Nassib to play well this season. Hopefully Ogbah remains healthy and begins to improve his play. I don't think he's been terrible, but he also hasn't been filling up the stat sheet either. We need him NOW. If our season ends and we look back and say, "Well, it was a disaster, BUT Ogbah, Nassib, and Coleman appear to be solid, if not stars"...that will lessen the pain. Maybe even other young players exceed expectations too.

Nobody is holding out much hope for Kessler. Not many people on this board, and not many people in the sporting world. BUT...but...perhaps he plays well enough this weekend to move the ball and score some points. He doesn't have to be amazing, or even win the game. But if he looks like he "belongs", than I think people and fans will feel a bit better.

Archived