THE BROWNS BOARD

Kyle Shanahan

BaconHound

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0-16 right arounds the corna....oh wait, we have the titins to play...but we'll fuck that game up to...maybe another fake punt from our enzone....no wait, lets give the ball to a fullback inside the redzone with the lead who never touched the ball all yr while crow was unstoppable the whole game...go get em baby huey...

You forgot running the option with McCown after he had already fucked up his shoulder.

There's been a lot of sunshine pumping here you have to admit...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Its just that I'm not sold on this "browns are improving" rhetoric YET, cause its way too early.

You all are using the Ravens game as a measuring stick? Really? The browns always do "great things" vs the Ravens.

Throw that game out the window because no matter how good or bad the Ravens are, those games are always battles and have always been close.

If it wasn't for the fluke blocked kick last year you would have beat those fuckers twice.

Thus far in 2016 its history repeating itself.

The browns are losing games the same exact way they have lost countless games no matter what regime was in place...by boneheaded mistakes, undisciplined play, and ridiculous play calling at crucial times.

I bet if the research was done, the browns would own the "coulda, shoulda, woulda's"

Don't give me "its because they're young team

sums it all up very nicely......and yipper, we have been a young team now for what 17 yrs..and .we keep getting younger...wonder why that is.....hmmmmmmmmm

Absolutely and there in lies the point. For whatever reason some fans believe coaching, rather than lack of talent, is the problem in Cleveland.

it's fucking both in this case...take a look around...all the previous head coaches...do you see any of them as head coaches now...crennell went to kansas city and won what 2 games and got fucking canned...and he took brady quinn with him to be his starting qb...there is a good example of a fucking horrible coach and player....do you see any of them even mentioned as candidates for a hc job... i saw shurmur on some game..looks like he is the waterboy coach now...phwapppp....and yes, the lack of talent has been absolutely horrible...fucking amadejo, where is he...fucking greg littlehands etc etc...the worse talent in the world....we get the double whammy...fucking horrible coaching and talent...

I noticed you left out why Kyle wanted out of here badly after only 1 season as our OC. Not exactly a wonderful endorsement of the HC and Front Office.

Kyle disliked Farmer who quite possibly is the worst GM in the NFL in the last 10 years

0-16 right arounds the corna....oh wait, we have the titins to play...but we'll fuck that game up to...maybe another fake punt from our enzone....no wait, lets give the ball to a fullback inside the redzone with the lead who never touched the ball all yr while crow was unstoppable the whole game...go get em baby huey...

Duke was in concussion protocol and crow was gassed. Probably should have taken a TO, or called someone elses #. Hindsight is 20/20.

• 3 months later...

Another thing young Shannie is? A hot OC that ain't getting much of a sniff for HC slots.

Might it be his bridge-burning departure from the Browns is a bit off-putting?

Another thing young Shannie is? A hot OC that ain't getting much of a sniff for HC slots.

Might it be his bridge-burning departure from the Browns is a bit off-putting?

Some guys are great coordinators but not head coach material, I think Josh McDaniels. Just trying to pierce the bubble that Browns fans have created that blames everything on the coaches and puts little blame on the players and the talent evaluators that selected them.

Bump for posterity's sake. Shanahan is a solid OC that many of the pumpers blamed for our poor offense under Pettine & Co. Once again it illustrates the Browns have no talent and that is the problem.

I don't remember anybody too upset with Shanahan, most of us liked him a lot, he got the most out of a little.

He left because of Farmer. Farmer's gone.

We reset the franchise in 2016 not sure what good lamenting about shit that happened before that does.

Zombo

I don't remember anybody too upset with Shanahan, most of us liked him a lot, he got the most out of a little.

He left because of Farmer. Farmer's gone.

We reset the franchise in 2016 not sure what good lamenting about shit that happened before that does.

Zombo

Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.

As Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, Gregg Williams, Dom Capers, and Lindy Infante can attest to - some guys are just better wired to be Coordinators.

I hope we don't have to say this about Hue. Having said that, Cincy's offense looked like it went into park until Ray Horton's defense provided it with jumper cables both times.

I guess Romeo Crennel sporting the #1 rated defense in the AFC can sneak him into this category even if it's only as long as a cup of coffee.

I also got a feeling the OC that finally reached puberty in NE will stay in this category. The cup of coffee in Denver outside of BB's supervision and Tom Brady's perfection was a good reminder of why/how long he should hold onto his great situation in NE as is.

As Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, Gregg Williams, Dom Capers, and Lindy Infante can attest to - some guys are just better wired to be Coordinators.

It's just a whole different thing emphasizing a different skill set... akin to a Brain Surgeon running an 8400 person organization.

IDK if shanny will ever be half the coach his dad was

We shall see. Throw him the next John Elway and Terrell Davis he'll make up a lot of ground quickly. That said, Matt Ryan is having an MVP caliber season while Shanny has an impressive balanced attack heading to the NFC Championship Game. Stay tuned?

Whole point of this thread from the beginning was the coronation of Kyle Shanahan but merely pointing out that talent is the driving force in the NFL. As Browns fans, many cling to the fantasy that there is talent on this team. And why I wouldn't go as so far as to say the Browns are completely talentless, they are severely lacking compared to successful teams. Time to stop blaming coaches for this team's lack of success and place the blame squarely where it belongs, the front office and the players.

Some guys are great coordinators but not head coach material, I think Josh McDaniels. Just trying to pierce the bubble that Browns fans have created that blames everything on the coaches and puts little blame on the players and the talent evaluators that selected them.

I don't know....I think we have put an awful lot of blame on both the players and the people that selected them.

The thing is, we, like ancient Rome had a Triumvirate:

Bad Talent Evaluators

Bad Talent

Bad coaches coaching bad talent.

You don't do as bad as the Browns have done without having all of that.

8802411_orig.png

I hear that it is basically a done deal that Kyle Shanahan will become the next HC of the 49ers. Both McDaniels and Tom Cable bowed out of consideration.

I still think that Belichick is telling McDaniels to stay put for just another couple of years, that he will be retiring soon.

I still think that Belichick is telling McDaniels to stay put for just another couple of years, that he will be retiring soon.

As soon as Tommy's skills diminish, then Bill will walk away too.

Well, apparently any stigma was not too great, but then SF did hire Chip. Interesting note is the batting order SF set in hiring a HC first to be on board for the GM hiring process.

It will be interesting to see the impact on ATL Sunday, but more so in 2017.

Aside: I see Chip is interviewing for the JAX OC job.

Carson Wentz was the worst QB in the league after week 7. He's not the future of the Eagles - he's barely their present.

The FO was right regarding him.

Deal with it.

And Corey Coleman is not a first round worthy WR.

Or is it too early to tell with him?

Archived