THE BROWNS BOARD

Debate Night!

MLD Woody

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump started out awfully slow. Hillary started off strong, but has tapered off. A given, considering that his tape was the opening topic. He hit her pretty hard and effectively on foreign policy. He looks much more comfortable than last debate. I'd call the debate pretty much even at this point, which is an overall win for Trump - His grab em by the pussy video will be out of the newscycle tomorrow.

I think they both slowed down over time. They jumped out and started throwing around key statements and attacks then settled in. I think he did look better than last time, but I don't think it was even. I still think Clinton won. Trump seemed desperate at times with his mudslinging and was all over the place in some of his responses.

and listening to Alison Krause and the Union Station "Live" album.

that gets me really enjoying great, beautiful music, gets me all inspired ...

to compensate for watching the debate later... and getting po'd.

interesting to see this before I watch the debate later...

**DRUDGE POLL** WHO WON THE SECOND PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE?
TRUMP 89.76% (97,513 votes)
CLINTON 10.24% (11,120 votes)
Total Votes: 108,633

interesting to see this before I watch the debate later...

**DRUDGE POLL** WHO WON THE SECOND PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE?
TRUMP 89.76% (97,513 votes)
CLINTON 10.24% (11,120 votes)
Total Votes: 108,633

You can't actually think this means anything.

If I polled people in Ann Arbor on whether Michigan was better than OSU, and 95% said yes, would you take that as fact?

I think you have certain glasses on woody, not that I don't but Frank Luntz's focus group overwhelmingly picked Trump as the winner and even CNN losers were talking about how Trump won or at the least Clinton didn't do as well as before

Whatever glasses you think I have on, I'm pretty confident yours are much stronger.

Bill Clinton did treat women worse. And Hillary attacked them when they said so. Trump engaged in some dirty language like a lot of guys. I think it was a stroke of Genius to have bills victims sitting in the audience just to remind everybody.

I suppose their supporters will have different ideas as to who won but I don't think he did badly. I'd have answered a few things a bit differently but... And I did notice the moderators telling the crowd to shut up when they were applauding for him but not when they were planning for the hildebeest.

And I was a little creeped out by that shit eating grin she kept on her face most of the time.

WSS

And I did notice the moderators telling the crowd to shut up when they were applauding for him but not when they were planning for the hildebeest.

WSS

This is false and I can only imagine the result of selective memory. They definitely said it in regards to both sets of supporters.

Wrong, Woody. When higgardly late in the debate got in one of her designed "zingers" and got

a significant reaction of laughter from her supporters ? in the crowd, neither moderator said

anything. They stayed silent.

And indeed, they let higgardly go over her time, and didn't interrupt her.

and, both moderators tried to trip Trump up again, more than once, in effect,

arguing with him, and once, insisting he "answer the question".

The trouble is, higgardly often never answered questions, and the mods stayed silent.

It was way too obvious, and I think a lot of Americans are going to see it, and see Trump as the victim of their bias,

and Sanders supporters already have had their fill of Sanders being treated like he isn't going to be treated fairly, in favor

of higgardly.

Trump did great. Higgardly can't defend her record - it is a foul open book, except for the coverups via email deletions,

FBI/Obamao INjustice dept cronies playing ball with them. Higgardly's cheap out as in "well, none of that is true" wore

out early in the debate. I see it as a far bigger win than the last debate. Her platitudes have been worn out, her cred

is non-existent, and she lies - it's common understanding with most voters. What's stunning, is the number of

higgardly supporters who don't care about her being a liar, unethical failure, and a very dangerously vindictive

and arrogant low blow political operative for the left. I'd say Trump helped himself immensely, and higgardly

didn't help herself at all.

This is false and I can only imagine the result of selective memory. They definitely said it in regards to both sets of supporters.

There's always the possibility my memory could be faulty but I don't think so in this case.

The moderators admonished the crowd not to cheer and scolded the Trump supporters when they did. It occurs to me they are wet the rare applause for Hillary go unchecked.

And Martha Radisson did certainly bicker with Trump but did not bicker with Hillary.

That's not her job. If there are counterpoints to be made that's Hillary's job not the moderators.

Woody, jrb, your thoughts on my take?

TBH between boarding windows, evacuating, dodging a hurricane, and drinking like a fish for four days I straight up fell asleep at 8 o clock or so. I've found the best source of information for this election has been fivethirtyeight, who I'd defer to the most. This is the same group btw who had the race at a dead heat prior to the 1st debate. Anyway, his reaction is here:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-second-debate-probably-didnt-help-trump-and-he-needed-help/?ex_cid=2016-forecast

Basically, Hilldawg still "won" the scientific polls albeit by a close margin. Nate concludes it's fair to call the debate a draw, but Trump needed a lot more than a draw to get past this latest gaffe. Also, since I've seen you and others say it-many polls have not taken into account the damage of those comments based when the polls are conducted. As I said before, that was a monumental shot at his chances.

Trump did what he had to do in that debate. He addressed the 11 year old video but did not let that be the dominant topic of the whole debate. He is a quick learner who has learned to pivot from debate questions that put him on defense and turn the question around on Clinton. I felt he had to score a homerun last night and I give it to him. He put in perspective some "locker room talk" versus actual words and deeds by the Clintons and that there are more important issues to deal with in this election.

Trump was in some real danger here with the spineless RINO defections over the 11 year old video and my guess is that will stop now with his debate performance.

Going into the debate the future looked bleak for Trump IMO...he was up against the well funded Clinton machine, a biased MSM and biased moderators and the icing on the cake were the establishment RINO's jumping ship (who I think some are going to have egg on their face today for being a little too hasty).

Lol, "scientific" polls and 538. Clearly biased article. In reality people loved the Trump special prosecutor idea, people want Washington held accountable.

Trump scored big by redirecting the debate to talk about actions instead of words. Hildebeast had to lie about supporting changes to the tax code. Hildebeast also tried to lie again about starting the birther movement.

I haven't heard much talk about this but I think Trump made a huge appeal to disgruntled Bernie Sanders supporters in the debate. Even if he cannot get them on board to vote for him maybe he can get them upset enough with the shenanigans of Debbie Wasserman Schultze and the DNC where they will either stay home or vote for a third party candidate like Johnson?

Lol, "scientific" polls and 538. Clearly biased article. In reality people loved the Trump special prosecutor idea, people want Washington held accountable.

Trump scored big by redirecting the debate to talk about actions instead of words. Hildebeast had to lie about supporting changes to the tax code. Hildebeast also tried to lie again about starting the birther movement.

I agree. Anything that doesn't show glowing support of Trump is a biased, MSM, liberal elitist article. ....

"People" loved it, sure. But probably not enough of them to win an election

CNN was caught coaching their focus group, I think there's some bias there.

Trump won, he's the one you remember. He had a great recovery.

Being the "one you remember" isn't necessarily a good thing.

The 538 article made a good point. Trump's expectations were much, much lower going into this debate. He probably exceeded, so he did a good job. That doesn't mean he won though.

Archived