THE BROWNS BOARD

☆ 2016 WORLD SERIES ☆ Chicago Cubs vs CLEVELAND INDIANS ☆

mjp28

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And there it goes.. Kerplunk!... Great season Tribe.. you didnt give it away... We werent supposed to be there.. Now we get to listen to all the ass kissers on FOX and ESPN slobber all over the Cubs for the next year.. Thanks for choking.. Again.. Now about that goat...

I"m having a hard time wrapping my head around that decision for the intentional walk.

He might have been cold in that game but Zobrist has been pretty on point for the Cubbies all post season.

Fuck it, I'm getting hammered drunk. At this pace I won't see another one of these motherfuckers until my 40's.

I still can't get over how many Cleveland fans sold their Game 7 tickets to Cubs fans. I saw rows of Cubs fans

in prime seats. It sounded like there had to be 7 or 8 thousand Cubs fans in our stadium. What the blue fuck?

I get it that people were paying ridiculous sums for tickets, but season ticket holders selling their World Series

tickets to Cubs fans? For Game 7?!? C'mon, man. I'll say this---you sure as fuck didn't see very many Indians

fans at Wrigley. Sad.

It's just cheaper to go to the games in Cleveland, plus beer and concessions are cheaper.

There were a ton of Toronto fans at the alcs game. 4 sat behind us at game 2 they all said the drive to Cleveland with tickets, hotel, and everything else saved them money over Toronto.

I don't think season ticket holders should have access to that many tickets though.

I gotta say my peace on this. The rain delay ruined the momentum and the game for the Indians, and it absolutely was a terrible decision to call it. The delay lasted 17 minutes and the tarp was directly rained for less than a minute. Why the absolute fuck did they stop that game? That overtly hurt the Indians and benefited the Cubs. I'm so steaming mad about that, everything else was just an incredible game of baseball. I seriously think we are hoisting the trophy without that garbage.

CLEVELAND -- We may have just watched the greatest World Series game ever played, and that may be the thing the Chicago Cubs and Cleveland Indians can agree on weeks from now when there's time to reflect on things.

The Cubs and Indians can take enormous pride in this 4-hour, 28-minute thriller that delivered on virtually every level. When it ended, the Cubs had won, 8-7, in 10 innings to capture their first World Series title in 108 years.

Considering the stakes -- a winner-take-all baseball game, for heaven's sake, featuring two iconic franchises -- this was set up to be an instant classic. As it unfolded -- with the Cubs taking control and the Indians clawing back -- as both teams seemed determined to write their own ending and as the whole thing became a war of wills, it was exactly that.

"Look, I think we just saw the end of one of the great World Series of all-time," Commissioner Rob Manfred said.

Game Date Matchup

Gm 1 Oct. 25 CLE 6, CHC 0

Gm 2 Oct. 26 CHC 5, CLE 1

Gm 3 Oct. 28 CLE 1, CHC 0

Gm 4 Oct. 29 CLE 7, CHC 2

Gm 5 Oct. 30 CHC 3, CLE 2

Gm 6 Nov. 1 CHC 9, CLE 3

Gm 7 Nov. 2 CHC 8 CLE, 7 (10)

TOTAL RUNS CLE 27 CHI 27 INCLUDING BEING SHUT OUT TWICE, THE THREE 1 RUN GAMES DECIDED THE WORLD SERIES, THE INDIANS JUST NEEDED A FEW MORE TIMELY RUNS.

The Cubs will be the enduring storyline because this World Series, as wonderful as it was, ended a seven-year quest by Cubs owner Tom Ricketts to construct a model franchise. In hiring two brilliant men -- Theo Epstein, the baseball architect, and Joe Maddon, the manager -- Ricketts has so transformed the Cubs that they'll never be looked at the same way by anyone inside or outside baseball.

No matter how we elevate the Cubs -- and they deserve every last ounce of praise -- we simply cannot allow ourselves to overlook these Indians. This has been a magical baseball summer in Northeast Ohio, and not just because the Indians got to the World Series for the first time in 19 years.

This club showed so much heart and determination during a season that could have been crushed by injuries. Instead, those injuries brought out the best in the franchise, thanks to one of baseball's best managers, Terry Francona, who pushed all the right buttons in a clubhouse with more talent and character than anyone could have known.

"That was an incredible game to be a part of," Francona said. "It is an honor. And I just told [my players] that. It's going to hurt. It hurts because we care, but they need to walk with their head held high, because they left nothing on the field. And that's all the things we ever ask them to do. They tried until there was nothing left."........

....All in all a great WORLD SERIES, just needed a few more Indians runs.

Great game that the wrong team won. Great pitching beats great great hitting every time, but the pitching tires more quickly.

Fuck the cubs and fuck Eddie vedder he can eat schwarber's dick

And fuck schwarber he can eat hildebeast's shriveled nut sack

Well we agreed for a moment there... and then on cue you fucked it up...

Great game that the wrong team won. Great pitching beats great great hitting every time, but the pitching tires more quickly.

Well we agreed for a moment there... and then on cue you fucked it up...

I live in Chicago and am a huge Cubs fan... But I can't tell you how impressed I am with The Indians... What a great young group. Lindor is as fun to watch as anyone in baseball. I hate that there had to be a loser in this great series, but this Indians team will get one no doubt.

I gotta say my peace on this. The rain delay ruined the momentum and the game for the Indians, and it absolutely was a terrible decision to call it. The delay lasted 17 minutes and the tarp was directly rained for less than a minute. Why the absolute fuck did they stop that game? That overtly hurt the Indians and benefited the Cubs. I'm so steaming mad about that, everything else was just an incredible game of baseball. I seriously think we are hoisting the trophy without that garbage.

I agree.

I still can't get over how many Cleveland fans sold their Game 7 tickets to Cubs fans. I saw rows of Cubs fans

in prime seats. It sounded like there had to be 7 or 8 thousand Cubs fans in our stadium. What the blue fuck?

I get it that people were paying ridiculous sums for tickets, but season ticket holders selling their World Series

tickets to Cubs fans? For Game 7?!? C'mon, man. I'll say this---you sure as fuck didn't see very many Indians

fans at Wrigley. Sad.

Figure they made a few thousand dollars off of it. I can't blame them.

In these days of falling viewership on a lot of venues including sports the CHI/CLE GAME 7 was the most viewed baseball game in 25 years.

I think there were ~40,000,000 viewers which is quite amazing for 2016.

GO TRIBE, CAVALIERS and of course our lovable losers da' BROWNS!

Archived