THE BROWNS BOARD

Pryor injured

gftChris

Browns wide receiver Terrelle Pryor tore a ligament in his finger Sunday, Rapoport reported. Pryor will try to play through it and have a procedure after the season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000759715/article/injuries-jets-qb-bryce-petty-chest-ok-after-tests

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Browns wide receiver Terrelle Pryor tore a ligament in his finger Sunday, Rapoport reported. Pryor will try to play through it and have a procedure after the season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000759715/article/injuries-jets-qb-bryce-petty-chest-ok-after-tests

I appreciate Pryor's willingness to tough it out but I don't think he should worry about the rest of this season. Get the digit worked on, resign, and come back strong.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Though, given that the news was that there'd be no contract talks until the end of the season, some people were suggesting the FO wanted to see him continue to perform at the level he'd been at earlier in the season. Whether that's true, and a factor, I'm not sure.

How much do you pay a 28-year old with one year's production? He could definitely still get to 1000 yards, but he's looking like he's getting towards the same numbers as Travis Benjamin last year:

Pryor - 67 catches, 877 yards, 4 TDs

Benji - 68 catches, 966 yards, 5 TDs

Benji was 25 at the end of last season, with similarly one good season, and signed a 4 year, $24m contract in San Diego with $13m guaranteed. The year his stat line is 44-602-4, so a bit of a dip.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Though, given that the news was that there'd be no contract talks until the end of the season, some people were suggesting the FO wanted to see him continue to perform at the level he'd been at earlier in the season. Whether that's true, and a factor, I'm not sure.

How much do you pay a 28-year old with one year's production? He could definitely still get to 1000 yards, but he's looking like he's getting towards the same numbers as Travis Benjamin last year:

Benji was 25 at the end of last season, with similarly one good season, and signed a 4 year, $24m contract in San Diego with $13m guaranteed. The year his stat line is 44-602-4, so a bit of a dip.

eh, don't forget gabriel...me thinks he has more td's than both those guys...with still 2 games left...

I think it happened on that one drop near the goal line. Looked like a classic "jammed finger" from playing basketball. He didn't look the ball in and it drilled his finger.

I appreciate Pryor's willingness to tough it out but I don't think he should worry about the rest of this season. Get the digit worked on, resign, and come back strong.

Bullshit. We've got two games left and one of them is a divisional game against our biggest rival.

If we're going to change the culture, let's change the culture.

Zombo

Bullshit. We've got two games left and one of them is a divisional game against our biggest rival.

If we're going to change the culture, let's change the culture.

Zombo

This has been an openly tanked season. I would rather have Pryor fresh and ready to go at the beginning of next season without any residual issues.

This has been an openly tanked season. I would rather have Pryor fresh and ready to go at the beginning of next season without any residual issues.

This has not been an openly tanked season.

We suck.

Playing with an injured finger isn't going to hurt his career.

Zombo

I think it happened on that one drop near the goal line. Looked like a classic "jammed finger" from playing basketball. He didn't look the ball in and it drilled his finger.

Exactly the play I flashed to....

Zombo, I'm of the belief some guys have been put on IR that in winning years wouldn't have been. You can keep believing this isn't a tank, but it is.

The good news is that it leads me to believe we're going to have a pretty decent squad next year.

Zombo, I'm of the belief some guys have been put on IR that in winning years wouldn't have been. You can keep believing this isn't a tank, but it is.

The good news is that it leads me to believe we're going to have a pretty decent squad next year.

I don't think you guys know what tanking is.

Purposefully not giving giving any value to winning football games this year by the front office? Yes.

Purposefully not trying to win the actual games by the coaching staff and/or players ... not on your life.

Get out there with your injured finger, we have two football games to win.

Zombo

By that standard, no one has ever tanked in NFL history. Of course the staff and players are trying to win. That's their job. But as far as the FO can influence them not winning, it appears to me that they have. And personally, I'm cool with that.

I don't think you guys know what tanking is.

I know what it is....a loser way to go.....and no one chooses to be a loser....

Go BROWNS.....Kick some Charger ass.....then the stools....(I got yer back Hue, even if the FO doesnt)....;)

By that standard, no one has ever tanked in NFL history. Of course the staff and players are trying to win. That's their job. But as far as the FO can influence them not winning, it appears to me that they have. And personally, I'm cool with that.

Well tell me how this is supposed go down.

Pryor wants to play. Hue wants him to play. The docs say he can play if he can handle the pain. But Sashi is going to go ahead and put him on IR from his evil lair?

Z

why ? he might not even be playing here next season

so the mofo needs to be out there

I'm really curious. Who? Which players are slacking and faking injury? Or which fo people are involved? How can an MRI be faked?

Well tell me how this is supposed go down.

Pryor wants to play. Hue wants him to play. The docs say he can play if he can handle the pain. But Sashi is going to go ahead and put him on IR from his evil lair?

Z

Not saying that's happening in this case. It may have in others though.

If we have FO or personnel on this team that want to tank games then I don't want them in this organization.

If you don't want to win then go somewhere else.

No one should be paid millions to play the numbers, or only put out the best effort when your team has a winning record.

It's easy to be motivated when your team is 14-0.

Now show me what you're made of when your team is 0-14.

THAT'S the kind of player or FO personnel I want to see.

Pretty much my thoughts.

and Hawk the year before that.....seems like whomever gets the most targets, will also get 1000 yds...which is what we said about Benji last year.....pretty much expected his return to earth this season and he didnt disappoint.....

Gordon was an example of what a special talent can do....even with complete shit at QB.....I think Pryor could be special too(not JG special tho) if he had a good QB and counterpart at WR.....

It'll be interesting to see if the FO can keep him.....

You keep alluding to players faking it to be put on IR. Then you're answer is...Oh maybe not this time but others. Dude, we got Cleveland Clinic and University Hospital. Two of the best in the whole friggin world. Now again I ask nicely, who is faking it? I wanna know, the fans wanna know and the NFL wants to know. So answer who or STFU about faked injury

Sashi is not putting guys on IR without consulting coach and with medical reports.

You've agreed coach is not in on "tank".

So you are saying Sashi is stashing guys on IR on his own in spite of the coach and medical staff?

Like who? Orchard? Bitonio?

I don't think there is a reason to "stash" Orchard.

Bitonio had Lis Franc surgery, he was done.

Who do you speak of?

Zombo

An NFL tank is Indy holding out a medically cleared P. Manning to ensure they could draft Andrew Luck.

• Who have we held out?
  • Who is Andrew Luck in this draft?

An NFL tank is Indy holding out a medically cleared P. Manning to ensure they could draft Andrew Luck.

• Who have we held out?
  • Who is Andrew Luck in this draft?
That is the only time that I can recall a tank season. The whole suck for luck was the start of that talk. No one really dared to talk of intentionly losing that I recall. Unless there is that once in 10 year kind of player, draft position is way overrated

TP had full practice today. He only need 123 yards to hit 1000. He would then collect on some contract incentives.

Right, players also can get regular pay differently injured than on other statuses which even though they get 1/17 pay already for each game can be a "considerable sum" (for us working stiffs) and they'd rather have it....even though they're already rich if they haven't blown it.

And if the team decides to place a player on injured reserve, it must be a major injury. The NFL defines major injury as an injury that renders the player unable to practice or play football for at least six weeks -- or 42 calendar days -- from the date of injury.

And then there's team pride....see even for me it not just for the money. :lol:

If we have FO or personnel on this team that want to tank games then I don't want them in this organization.

If you don't want to win then go somewhere else.

No one should be paid millions to play the numbers, or only put out the best effort when your team has a winning record.

It's easy to be motivated when your team is 14-0.

Now show me what you're made of when your team is 0-14.

THAT'S the kind of player or FO personnel I want to see.

So you'd rather win 3 games this year than 9 or 10 in a couple years. Got it.

You keep alluding to players faking it to be put on IR. Then you're answer is...Oh maybe not this time but others. Dude, we got Cleveland Clinic and University Hospital. Two of the best in the whole friggin world. Now again I ask nicely, who is faking it? I wanna know, the fans wanna know and the NFL wants to know. So answer who or STFU about faked injury

I never said players were faking it. I said the FO might be pushing them towards IR in some cases where the player COULD play. The sheer number of injuries tells me that. So calm down, nut job.

Zombo, Hue might be trying his hardest to win a game, but still be aware that the tank is the FO's desire. I know those seem incompatible, but I see it as a case of everyone doing their job.

So you'd rather win 3 games this year than 9 or 10 in a couple years. Got it.

How is one tied to the other? We HAVE to lose all the games this year to win nine or ten 3 or 4 years from now? That makes no sense. Most people were picking them at 4-5 wins here. I thought that optimistic but winning a few this year would be nice. You need to listen to your hero better. Hue said that next year at this time we'll be preparing for the playoffs. And I would say that is a kind of timeline on the plan.

I never said players were faking it. I said the FO might be pushing them towards IR in some cases where the player COULD play. The sheer number of injuries tells me that. So calm down, nut job.

Zombo, Hue might be trying his hardest to win a game, but still be aware that the tank is the FO's desire. I know those seem incompatible, but I see it as a case of everyone doing their job.

So you know squat about injury reports and IR criteria.

How is one tied to the other? We HAVE to lose all the games this year to win nine or ten 3 or 4 years from now? That makes no sense. Most people were picking them at 4-5 wins here. I thought that optimistic but winning a few this year would be nice. You need to listen to your hero better. Hue said that next year at this time we'll be preparing for the playoffs. And I would say that is a kind of timeline on the plan.

No, we don't "HAVE" to, but it was a likely outcome. We want to start over with new, younger players. So they will suck their first couple years. Then they will be good with experience and development. Why is this so hard for you to get?

That was a dumb thing for Hue to say.

Archived