THE BROWNS BOARD

Pryor injured

gftChris

Heartline's an expert I guess.

He expects Pryor to put up big numbers every game. But if you're a D-coordinator preparing for us, who do you try to double cover? Coleman? Barnidge? Ricardo Louis? Nah, you gameplan to take Pryor out of the game.

Is Pryor kind of an ahole? Yeah, he's a 15 yard penalty waiting to happen.....but he's about the best threat we've got. It'd be nice to keep him.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

give any WR a radio mik & they all were #1 Wr's. :o But, your own teammate. STFU Hartline..No Gordo grabbing some attention away from Pryor was not in the plan. But, I would get rid of that #11 Jersey & go with #88. That's 4 0's as targets a QB might hit..BullsEye!! (8 0's for those drinking at home)

Heartline's an expert I guess.

He expects Pryor to put up big numbers every game. But if you're a D-coordinator preparing for us, who do you try to double cover? Coleman? Barnidge? Ricardo Louis? Nah, you gameplan to take Pryor out of the game.

Is Pryor kind of an ahole? Yeah, he's a 15 yard penalty waiting to happen.....but he's about the best threat we've got. It'd be nice to keep him.

Agree with this. Hey, I hear Dez Bryant and Odell Beckham are super stable guys, Brian.

I'm beginning to think there are too many people bitching about Pryor for it to be a case of sour grapes or whatever. Plus, he does disappear for games at a time. I'd keep him, but he doesn't deserve Green/Jones/Brown money.

Until this season, I always had a dislike of Pryor from his OSU days......he was always just kind of a stuck up prick....

Then....after watching him this season, I thought he had matured and grown and I got kinda excited.....

Then.....the cracks in his personality started to show again.....and now even more.....

So....me thinks there's enough there to suspect he's still a bad seed and not a good "locker room guy"

Id still consider signing him.....but not for #1 money.....and certainly not Green/Jones/Brown money.....(not even close)

I think we're of a mind on this one Mud. I'd keep him, after all he's only had one season as a WR and it's been pretty solid. Hopefully he can show the same progress this offseason he showed last and he'd be a top player.

There's no way he's going to get more than something in the range of $25-26 million in the open market. There's too many variables there for basically one good, not great season. I think he'd be happy as a clam to sign here on say a 3 year, $24 million contract with 10-12 million guaranteed.No way on God's green earth he will get the $50 million you guys are thinking.

Is Pryor really this much of a dick? I mean idc about that too much if he continues to preform but I guess I never realized people don't like the guy the level he's getting into lately.

That's what scares me. The Giants drafted Sterling Shepard in the 2nd round and to this point he is vastly outplaying Corey Coleman. The overarching theme of the Browns woes is terrible talent evaluation from draft, to free agents and player retention.

Shepard is also playing alongside arguably the best WR in football and getting the ball thrown by a HOF QB. Those are FUNDAMENTALLY different scenarios, come on man don't be that dumb.

Guy like Ocho Stinko and TO have become a bad influence on todays WR.. they act like pompous little divas... Theres too much self promoting and show boating in todays NFL

There's no way he's going to get more than something in the range of $25-26 million in the open market. There's too many variables there for basically one good, not great season. I think he'd be happy as a clam to sign here on say a 3 year, $24 million contract with 10-12 million guaranteed.No way on God's green earth he will get the $50 million you guys are thinking.

Is Pryor really this much of a dick? I mean idc about that too much if he continues to preform but I guess I never realized people don't like the guy the level he's getting into lately.

Shepard is also playing alongside arguably the best WR in football and getting the ball thrown by a HOF QB. Those are FUNDAMENTALLY different scenarios, come on man don't be that dumb.

Sorry but Coleman doesn't get separation, win 50/50 balls or make "standard" catches. I wasn't evaluating numbers because Coleman was hurt and Shep has the better team but I have watched both play a few games this year. But I guess smart guys don't watch other players.

Sorry but Coleman doesn't get separation, win 50/50 balls or make "standard" catches. I wasn't evaluating numbers because Coleman was hurt and Shep has the better team but I have watched both play a few games this year. But I guess smart guys don't watch other players.

Hate to say I agree with this...but I do.....he's definitely struggled and has shown that there is truth to the "knocks" we heard about him from his college career.....and Im seeing what your seeing in terms of separation, drops, etc....

BUT!.....there's something there I see......some extra flash and determination that I like.....and I think he will be one of the few, from this class, to grow and eventually excel .....I dont think he'll be a top #1 type of receiver, but I do think he'll be productive and exciting(tho his drops will also break our hearts a few times)....so Im holding out and waiting to see him in year 2, on a better team.....and, hopefully, with someone who can get him the ball, before I write him off as another round 1 disappointment....

Hate to say I agree with this...but I do.....he's definitely struggled and has shown that there is truth to the "knocks" we heard about him from his college career.....and Im seeing what your seeing in terms of separation, drops, etc....

BUT!.....there's something there I see......some extra flash and determination that I like.....and I think he will be one of the few, from this class, to grow and eventually excel .....I dont think he'll be a top #1 type of receiver, but I do think he'll be productive and exciting(tho his drops will also break our hearts a few times)....so Im holding out and waiting to see him in year 2, on a better team.....and, hopefully, with someone who can get him the ball, before I write him off as another round 1 disappointment....

He doesn't seem like a diva which is nice. I agree he could develop into a solid slot guy.

You all really think any former Buckeye is going to have something positive to say about Pryor?

Hartline come out with his bullshit after Pryor has had his 2 worst games of the season back to back which just happen to coincide with RG3 being back in the line up.

Before RG3 got back to starting for us Pryor was on pace for over 1,100 yards receiving now he might not even break 900.

I don't believe hes a #1 receiver but he has done pretty fucking good for his first year playing the position.

You all really think any former Buckeye is going to have something positive to say about Pryor?

Hartline come out with his bullshit after Pryor has had his 2 worst games of the season back to back which just happen to coincide with RG3 being back in the line up.

Before RG3 got back to starting for us Pryor was on pace for over 1,100 yards receiving now he might not even break 900.

I don't believe hes a #1 receiver but he has done pretty fucking good for his first year playing the position.

And on 12/29 he is quoted that he will do what his agents think is best for him. He's really sounding like he's leaving for best offer. Sounds about right

And on 12/29 he is quoted that he will do what his agents think is best for him. He's really sounding like he's leaving for best offer. Sounds about right

To be honest, he's 28, has shown essentially Markus Wheaton ability - stretch the field, contest jump balls, run a few routes - and so is a very solid number two receiver, and opposite someone who is a true number one he's be very dangerous. He's not going to win anything in cleveland any time soon - even if we're optimistic and say we make the playoffs in 2018, doesn't mean we go far in them, we probably bengal-out straight away.

So maybe he wants to go somewhere and win? Good for him. He's decent but wildly inconsistent. I'd keep him if he wanted to stay but I'm not crying if he wants to leave.

It's a business. He will go to whomever shows him the money. Browns don't do that. Fill the coffers and fuck the fans.

To be honest, he's 28, has shown essentially Markus Wheaton ability - stretch the field, contest jump balls, run a few routes - and so is a very solid number two receiver, and opposite someone who is a true number one he's be very dangerous. He's not going to win anything in cleveland any time soon - even if we're optimistic and say we make the playoffs in 2018, doesn't mean we go far in them, we probably bengal-out straight away.

So maybe he wants to go somewhere and win? Good for him. He's decent but wildly inconsistent. I'd keep him if he wanted to stay but I'm not crying if he wants to leave.

The second opinion is spot on. I don't want to see the Browns overpay to retain players ala Joe Haden. Haden leaving wouldn't have hurt anything other than a few fans feelings.

Well....if his past teammates have nothing good to say....what does that say about him??

Hartline come out with his bullshit......

I don't believe hes a #1 receiver

Isnt that what Hartline said?.....he's a #2?.......so it's bullshit when Hartline says it, but not BS when you do?......so confusing....

Well....if his past teammates have nothing good to say....what does that say about him??

Your smart enough to figure this out right?

Hartline come out with his bullshit......

I don't believe hes a #1 receiver

Isnt that what Hartline said?.....he's a #2?.......so it's bullshit when Hartline says it, but not BS when you do?......so confusing....

Umm you do realize anyone can actually scroll up and see what i originally wrote. I know you can do better ;)

Was pointed out by the announcers today. Coleman still has a lot to learn- like coming back for the ball when on a quick out. We'll see if he was worth a first round pick, but pretty sure he's not going to be a total bust.

Was pointed out by the announcers today. Coleman still has a lot to learn- like coming back for the ball when on a quick out. We'll see if he was worth a first round pick, but pretty sure he's not going to be a total bust.

Right....and bust is a relative term.....

IE: Dont think he will live upto that #1 ranking......but will be good enough to stick around as a contributor.....

Only question is......does a #1 pick that plays like a #3 or 4 equal bust?

Right....and bust is a relative term.....

IE: Dont think he will live upto that #1 ranking......but will be good enough to stick around as a contributor.....

Only question is......does a #1 pick that plays like a #3 or 4 equal bust?

If someone stays around and gets good enough to play somewhere in the starting lineup weekly, then not a bust. We need steady players as well as stars.

Regarding Pryor, I'm having a bit of a change of heart. I'm now looking at it like - what would we think if we'd drafted this guy in april? His first year in the league (as a receiver) he gets a thousand yards with a carousel of quarterbacks. If Corey Coleman had done that, we would be elated, build around this guy forever.

So why not Pryor? Because he was, out of nowhere, our main receiving threat? He was so much better than expected he thrust himself into WR1 status, and now people say 'well he's not a good WR1 so cut him'?

I said a little while ago he was a lot like Travis Benjamin. Similar numbers across the board. If we let Benji go, why not Pryor? But, we need to start keeping the guys that have shown ability to play in this league, and Pryor essentially just had his rookie season, while Benji had played receiver his whole life and has now basically hit his ceiling.

Pay the man.

Regarding Pryor, I'm having a bit of a change of heart. I'm now looking at it like - what would we think if we'd drafted this guy in april? His first year in the league (as a receiver) he gets a thousand yards with a carousel of quarterbacks. If Corey Coleman had done that, we would be elated, build around this guy forever.

So why not Pryor? Because he was, out of nowhere, our main receiving threat? He was so much better than expected he thrust himself into WR1 status, and now people say 'well he's not a good WR1 so cut him'?

I said a little while ago he was a lot like Travis Benjamin. Similar numbers across the board. If we let Benji go, why not Pryor? But, we need to start keeping the guys that have shown ability to play in this league, and Pryor essentially just had his rookie season, while Benji had played receiver his whole life and has now basically hit his ceiling.

Pay the man.

Benji is a midget with a ceiling and injury concerns. Pryor played through injuries this year and has the height to be elite. I would pay him Benji + money for sure, but not #1 elite money. He has a lot of drops, mental errors, missing blocks, running backwards ... but that is all correctable. Pay him before March 15, and lock up Collins too, and then get to work on next year's guys.

The biggest problem with out past GMs was waiting until a guy's free agent year to begin negotiations, you gotta sign them the year before when you still have leverage. That's why I was pleading for the Browns to re-sign Schwartz after his third year and everyone thought I was nuts. The fucker hadn't missed a snap, was healthy as could be and was finally starting to get it .. he was gold! But we waited until he had all the leverage, and top-graded season, and he walked.

We might have to overpay to keep Pryor and Collins ... just do it! No going backward.

But if we are smart, we get to work on guys like Kirksey, Crow and Bitonio now ... keep your fucking young vets for chrissake. Can't get better til you stop the bleeding.

Zombo

I agree. We could 'Gipson' him, but why mess around? Guy shows enough to get the job done and has a nose for the endzone. 19 TDs in 3 years will do nicely.

In related news, Browns finished second in rush yards per attempt in 2016 with 4.9, up from 4.0 in 2015. Bills first with 5.3.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/yards-per-rush-attempt

I agree. We could 'Gipson' him, but why mess around? Guy shows enough to get the job done and has a nose for the endzone. 19 TDs in 3 years will do nicely.

In related news, Browns finished second in rush yards per attempt in 2016 with 4.9, up from 4.0 in 2015. Bills first with 5.3.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/yards-per-rush-attempt

I had no problem with our running backs, and when we had the right dudes in there we could run block pretty good.

We never used the running game to put opponents away though. I'm thinking of a couple games where we jumped to big leads under McCown, then we kept throwning until he made enough mistakes to let the opponent come back. We never decided to run down anybody's throat. That doesn't come up a lot on 1-15 teams, I understand, but i think Hue was a little in love with the pass when we had opportunities to salt the game away with the run. We didn't have Andy Dalton and A.J. Green out there, sometimes an Off Tackle can win you games. (Bubble screens at the two yard line are gay).

But I digress .. yes, re-sign Crow to a big deal, he is a big deal.

Zombo

How "big"? Top 5 big? Top 10? Top 20?

There's a word for the contracts both Crow and TP need to be offered: incentive laden... make that two words...

Pay the man.

Benjamin has hit his ceiling and regressed back down to the basement. He did nothing in SD this year, except for the last week of the season when he decided he didn't want to play because of an owie to his knee, despite not being on the injury report all week. 2 hours before the game he pulls himself out of the lineup. He was invisible for weeks at a time and had some horrendous special teams mistakes early in the season. The Browns made the right choice letting him go.

Pryor is a totally different thing. He's a big dude with speed, not a little skinny guy with speed like Benjamin. I think he'll stay because he wants to stay with Hue.

Archived