THE BROWNS BOARD

Pryor injured

gftChris

I never said players were faking it. I said the FO might be pushing them towards IR in some cases where the player COULD play. The sheer number of injuries tells me that. So calm down, nut job.

Zombo, Hue might be trying his hardest to win a game, but still be aware that the tank is the FO's desire. I know those seem incompatible, but I see it as a case of everyone doing their job.

The front office isn't concerned with winning in 2016, the coach is. I understand that.

But you have failed to show who we have put on IR that could have played.

I'm looking at the list, and I don't see any.

I'm sure the league office and the NFLPA would be interested as well.

Zombo

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, we don't "HAVE" to, but it was a likely outcome. We want to start over with new, younger players. So they will suck their first couple years. Then they will be good with experience and development. Why is this so hard for you to get?

That was a dumb thing for Hue to say.

Like the 14 0-11 raiders? They sucked, two decent draft picks and 2 years...Playoffs. pretty typical NFL turnaround

Raiders also signed a fair number of FAs... including most of their OL... so there's that...

Yep......yep yep yep......

coulda, woulda, shoulda

A year late is still better than not at all.....

But....I will say....woulda been easier to attract that much needed FA help before we became the worst team ever.....

Raiders are the perfect example of how to fix a team...fast......they prove that a couple decent drafts and a few key signings can turn a really bad team around.....fast......and w/o screwing the fans or embarrassing the city or turning the team to crap....

So you'd rather win 3 games this year than 9 or 10 in a couple years. Got it.

And you would rather have players, coaches and administrators who tank games and mail it in... Yeah. SURE way to build that team you want.

How many teams has THAT worked for?

Stoke your team full of people that don't give a rat's behind, except for their own payday.

That works EVERY time, doesn't it?

Yeah. Got it.

You must be a really big Jags fan then.

coulda, woulda, shoulda

A year late is still better than not at all.....

couldn't, wouldn't, shouldn't plus Can't, Won't... Shon't???

I don't see much FA in the cards this coming year as well...

See you in 2018?

No, we don't "HAVE" to, but it was a likely outcome. We want to start over with new, younger players. So they will suck their first couple years. Then they will be good with experience and development. Why is this so hard for you to get?

That was a dumb thing for Hue to say.

Why dumb? If he believes it, say it. Or it could be another of those runaway train type quotes that'll have us an interim coach this time next year. It's been awhile since we've been down that road. 0 fer a year and a half will probably do it though. 0-24 sound right?

Right, players also can get regular pay differently injured than on other statuses which even though they get 1/17 pay already for each game can be a "considerable sum" (for us working stiffs) and they'd rather have it....even though they're already rich if they haven't blown it.

And if the team decides to place a player on injured reserve, it must be a major injury. The NFL defines major injury as an injury that renders the player unable to practice or play football for at least six weeks -- or 42 calendar days -- from the date of injury.

Combine this ^^ with the record number of guys that hit IR this season throughout the league than combined with new IR rule of:: "only 1 guy per team can be brought back from IR per Season to Active Roster"(RG3)...were not the only FO "so-called" stashing Players & of course The Mighty $Dollars$ that might fill a TANK

Combine this ^^ with the record number of guys that hit IR this season throughout the league than combined with new IR rule of:: "only 1 guy per team can be brought back from IR per Season to Active Roster"...were not the only FO "so-called" stashing Players & of course The Mighty $Dollars$ that might fill a TANK

Not all but a lot of injuries this year are the result of lack of strength and conditioning practice time thru the CBA. Those are the preventable ones.

the CBA/Players Union is ruining a great sport. Putting a number on padded practices is ruining good OL play & any live contact, some call tackling..Add "what is a catch" wait "we have a review, but maybe not." the league worries about rating being down.....BS

the CBA/Players Union is ruining a great sport. Putting a number on padded practices is ruining good OL play & any live contact, some call tackling..Add "what is a catch" wait "we have a review, but maybe not." the league worries about rating being down.....BS

I agree. The league has made a number of rule changes that detract from viewer fun. The opening hour of commercials help too. Plus with all the replay.....More ads. Yipppeee! And the science channel on Thursday night is more interesting than the game play on NFL Network.

This has not been an openly tanked season.

We suck.

Playing with an injured finger isn't going to hurt his career.

Zombo

Yeah- you can put a brace on that finger to immobilize it to prevent further damage. Saw he practiced today.

Yeah- you can put a brace on that finger to immobilize it to prevent further damage. Saw he practiced today.

Yep,TP was limited along with our only LS'er Hughlett. which has only 1 job to do. Long Snap..Hammy Christmas!!..S Trae Elston was sent packing, to move up our last rookie from PS to get a lookzie CB Trey Caldwell..maybe Trey's Parents could use your seats ;)..Hoorta now moved to Browns inactive List saturday

And you would rather have players, coaches and administrators who tank games and mail it in... Yeah. SURE way to build that team you want.

How many teams has THAT worked for?

Stoke your team full of people that don't give a rat's behind, except for their own payday.

That works EVERY time, doesn't it?

Yeah. Got it.

You must be a really big Jags fan then.

It's worked for many times. I don't like the Jags. Raiders are pretty cool though.

Gotta throw Goddell in the mix. He's just a guilty as the CBA for fitting the game

Another one bitching about Pryor - this time, Brian Hartline.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000761094/article/terrelle-pryor-finds-another-detractor-in-brian-hartline

"If I'm building a team, what is [Pryor]?" Hartline asked during an appearance on Columbus radio station 105.7 The Zone (via Ohio.com). "Is he my No. 1? God, I hope not because let's put it this way: For me, I want a guy day in and day out I know what I'm getting. You don't know what you're going to get. You don't know who's going to show up. You don't know if he's going to get in trouble. You don't know if he's going to smart off. I need stability. That's so much more important to me.

"I need a guy that runs routes. I need stability. I need constant production. Is he a No. 2? OK, yeah. I mean maybe. He kind of disappeared the last couple weeks. So I'm very apprehensive as a Cleveland Browns guy to give out a contract. Listen, you had one year. You're a flash in the pan. You're trying to tell me with a guy that had suspect personality characteristics, I'm going to go ahead and hand you a bunch of money but you're going to work harder? Uh, I think I'm going to bet against that if I'm a betting man."

I heard that interview as well as many opinions after. I think TP can be a good one but will he be a Jones or Brown or Green? Plus he can't do it alone. Cover Pryor and you pretty much got the pass covered. I'm thinking the FO screws him, but I'm cynical.

I'm beginning to think there are too many people bitching about Pryor for it to be a case of sour grapes or whatever. Plus, he does disappear for games at a time. I'd keep him, but he doesn't deserve Green/Jones/Brown money.

So whats everyones cutoff for Pryor's contract?

To put it in perspective, Marvin Jones is getting paid 5 years, $40 million + 8mill signing bonus. Ideally, he signs for Marvin Jones money.

However, given our current state to keep talent and add building blocks (i hope), we're probably going to be overpaying for Pryor, somewhere north of 50-55 million. And truthfully, the guy would be a fantastic #2, but I don't think he's worth 50-55 mill.

So whats everyones cutoff for Pryor's contract?

To put it in perspective, Marvin Jones is getting paid 5 years, $40 million + 8mill signing bonus. Ideally, he signs for Marvin Jones money.

However, given our current state to keep talent and add building blocks (i hope), we're probably going to be overpaying for Pryor, somewhere north of 50-55 million. And truthfully, the guy would be a fantastic #2, but I don't think he's worth 50-55 mill.

If I were calling the shots I'd wave goodbye. I think he is living in the Jordan Cameron & Gary Barnidge zone, a solid player on a horrendous team. In the NBA he'd be called a looter in a riot. If Coleman is a top 15 player and you have glaring weaknesses on both sides of the ball I'm not sure overpaying a #2 WR is wise.

I think he has character issues. giving him that fat of a contract is too risky. I'd rather franchise his ass if we can sign collins.

when pryor was at OSU, so was my best friend and a couple of times pryor went to his frat parties and made a total asshole of himself. Hopefully he's grown up and changed since then, but back then he was incredibly self-centered. He needs to prove his worth to us because a couple good games aren't good enough. Do you think the patriots would give him 50 million?

....Pryor leads the Browns with 67 catches for 877 yards and four touchdowns....

Yeah #2 numbers on a disfunctional team and yeah he was a #1 assh*le at OSU.

I think he has character issues. giving him that fat of a contract is too risky. I'd rather franchise his ass if we can sign collins.

when pryor was at OSU, so was my best friend and a couple of times pryor went to his frat parties and made a total asshole of himself. Hopefully he's grown up and changed since then, but back then he was incredibly self-centered. He needs to prove his worth to us because a couple good games aren't good enough. Do you think the patriots would give him 50 million?

That's what scares me. The Giants drafted Sterling Shepard in the 2nd round and to this point he is vastly outplaying Corey Coleman. The overarching theme of the Browns woes is terrible talent evaluation from draft, to free agents and player retention.

I wouldn't sign him for more than 2 years. Let's see how he performs on a (hopefully) better squad next season.

He did well the first 4-5 games when the offense was healthy. Not much production since. He had decent chemistry with Kessler.

I'm not crazy about his attitude, but we need playmakers.

Archived