THE BROWNS BOARD

My case for Fournette #1 overall

Louisville Slugger

It's a possibility that we could take Trubisky first then pick Fournette with our second first.

The WR position was addressed last season.

With Gordon, Pryor, Coleman, Higgins, Hawkins, Louis and Payton we should be set. Most WR come to the next level in their second season so really just about all of them could make the jump! That jump would be even further amplified by a solid and dependable starter at both QB and RB.

I think we've found our long term backup in Kessler, the kids a champ... just not elite. With Trubisky, Kessler and Hogan at QB I would feel pretty comfortable at that position for a while. Then we would have found solutions to QB-HB1/HB2-WR1/2/3/4- and all that really needs tweaked would be the center position. Hell, maybe a healthy and conditioned Erving could make a comeback next season?

The Defense did a good job early in the season... too many injuries and too many reps killed that unit. Next season with an improved Offense this defense could shine.

Just a thought.

I'm an OU fan an agree it looks bad but the talent is there. Someone is going to take the chance. Mixon is better than Demarco Murray and almost as good as Peterson.

You can't possibly actually believe either of those.

You can't possibly actually believe either of those.

Absolutely if he wasn't sharing carries with Perine his numbers would be off the charts. Mixon is faster than Murray with much better passing catching skills. I'm not sure of measurables but football speed he is faster than Peterson but Peterson is a bulldozer. Therein a reason Stoops sold his soul with Keith Ford & Perine on the roster, Mixon is the real deal.

They aren't complete enough as a team to compete and win games. First year, it is just what is it. But you never

get there, unless you get started on the right path. We are there. Ya only have one draft a year, so it's ludicrous to

think the sky is falling just because we have a winless team so far.

This next draft is crucial, and it's going to be fascinating.

Agree. Just don't trade any picks and they can fix things in a hurry.

Mixon is a player the previous Browns would have ended up drafting. Then, he would be on dope,

suspended, maybe jail time, etc etc etc.

Then the same people who wanted to draft him, would bitch and bitch etc etc... forever and 27 more Sundays...

NO. The Browns now draft comprehensively, including character, love for the game, locker room addition or

subtraction....all that stuff. Stop the cycle of drafting players who are punks mentally while only looking at college videos and the

combine.

I think we've found our long term backup in Kessler, the kids a champ... just not elite.

I agree that that's probably the best way to look at Kessler at this point.

We should enter the offseason with that mindset.

Absolutely if he wasn't sharing carries with Perine his numbers would be off the charts. Mixon is faster than Murray with much better passing catching skills. I'm not sure of measurables but football speed he is faster than Peterson but Peterson is a bulldozer. Therein a reason Stoops sold his soul with Keith Ford & Perine on the roster, Mixon is the real deal.

Ted Ginn is faster than both these guys. Doesn't make him a better RB.

If he was as good as you claim, Perrine wouldn't get anywhere near the carries he's gotten.

I don't get out the pitchforks over how a coach chooses to discipline his players. I just don't really have the energy to care about stuff like that. Having said that, Stoops is an idiot for doing so much to keep a RB when, as you said, he had two other studs on the roster.

I agree that that's probably the best way to look at Kessler at this point. We should enter the offseason with that mindset.

Agree as well, but should we draft a QB high and Kess develops into a contender for the long-term starting job as well... that;s a problem I'd like to have for a change.

If he was as good as you claim, Perrine wouldn't get anywhere near the carries he's gotten.

I don't get out the pitchforks over how a coach chooses to discipline his players. I just don't really have the energy to care about stuff like that. Having said that, Stoops is an idiot for doing so much to keep a RB when, as you said, he had two other studs on the roster.

Perine stats are incredible and in 2014 minus Joe Mixon he was phenomenal. If Perine stays healthy, which has been a problem in 15 & 16, he'll be a top 3-5 back in 2017. Stoops did what he did because Keith Ford, who is solid, isn't in the same discussion as Mixon or Perine. Mixon is the real deal and he'll prove it next year on someone's roster in the NFL.

We should create the OL first before worrying about the RB.. and we only need one piece: C

Cooper is in fact as good as his draft position.. Bitonio and Paz have solidified their positions.. Picking 2 from Greco/Drango/Coleman/Reiter to keep as backups in 2017 is a good problem to have. We put one of our top4 picks on Will Ferrell - excuse me, Pat Elflein - and problem solved.

we need better OL not RB, with a good OL opening holes I believe Crow would be in the 1500 yrd range.

Crow averaging 4.5 YPC this season... No way we take Fournette unless he falls and that won't happen..

We need an OL, a better pass rush, and a secondary before we even address our skill positions.

Crow could easily be at 1000+ yards this season if he had more carries

Right....another one of my season long bitches......why not more carries???......even early in the season, when he was smoking hot, we continued to pass pass pass, even tho the passing game completely sucked.....

This season we passed almost 70% of the time.....and ran only 30%.....nice balance.....

we need better OL not RB, with a good OL opening holes I believe Crow would be in the 1500 yrd range.

Lets look at the numbers.....Crow averaged 11 carries per game(pathetic) and has 800 yards......(top backs like Elliot, etc get 16-21 per game)

So....give it to him 20 times a game and what do you have?.......something closer to 1500 yards.....

Crow's a good back, but let's not get carried away... for once...

I honestly dont think he's a 1500 yr guy.....but the #'s indicate he was vastly under used....

As was Johnson......

Our O is so terrible and there was zero attempt to establish a smash mouth running game, even when the early #'s indicated we could be one of the top running teams out there.....

I know folks will say we passed because we were always playing catch up....but after losing game after game, why not try something else.....why not attempt to establish a run game and control what you can???

Go with what works.....(we didnt)....we abandoned it, actually.....

going away from the run had something to do with being 2nd down and 13 most of the time it was tried. Then it was 3rd and incomplete then scrambled and injured. Fuck we need an OL in a bad way.

Right....another one of my season long bitches......why not more carries???......even early in the season, when he was smoking hot, we continued to pass pass pass, even tho the passing game completely sucked.....

This season we passed almost 70% of the time.....and ran only 30%.....nice balance.....

Lets look at the numbers.....Crow averaged 11 carries per game(pathetic) and has 800 yards......(top backs like Elliot, etc get 16-21 per game)

So....give it to him 20 times a game and what do you have?.......something closer to 1500 yards.....

I honestly dont think he's a 1500 yr guy.....but the #'s indicate he was vastly under used....

As was Johnson......

Our O is so terrible and there was zero attempt to establish a smash mouth running game, even when the early #'s indicated we could be one of the top running teams out there.....

I know folks will say we passed because we were always playing catch up....but after losing game after game, why not try something else.....why not attempt to establish a run game and control what you can???

Go with what works.....(we didnt)....we abandoned it, actually.....

Things are never that simple are they?

Bito went down in game 5; Greco in game 12. Our opening, four-game string of 120+ yd rushing ended in game 5. Since then we've had 3 in excess of that mark, two of which were vs. Cinci.

Game 5 was the Pats. They held us to a season low 27 yd rushing. They showed how to do what the first four games told teams they had to do... make us beat them through the air. Bito's loss simply made doing so easier.

The "more carries" multiplier is problematic at best. Yards gained late when teams are in prevent are stat padders.

More later... kick off approacheth..

Things are never that simple are they?

The "more carries" multiplier is problematic at best. Yards gained late when teams are in prevent are stat padders.

More later... kick off approacheth..

Its never that simple...I agree....

But...we abandoned the run too soon.....when we had no passing game to replace it.....

Ill stick with my main bitch.....which is....you go with what works and, this year, the only thing that worked was the running game....

They returned to it yesterday and were closer to success than they've been most of the season....not saying it would've been the difference, but putting the team on Kessler or RG's back clearly wasnt the right choice.....

Archived