THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns "elite" O-line

jbluhm86

Erving is at least improving. Until the trajectory turns back downward, why not keep riding the wave?

I'm with you. I would not cut him yet. See how he does this last week and all preseason first. (But still draft a pure quality center or get a FA one)

Have you actually watched him play recently or are you just going with what people on message boards say?

Just to expand on what was said above, if this was end of year one I would be a lot more in your camp. The problem, his bad tape is still AWFUL. You can put lipstick on a pig but it isn't going to help that much in the end.

But the older his "bad tape" gets... the less relevant it is...

I've no doubt Cam will be in camp next summer competing for his job.

Tour, any chance you'd have the time to do some analysis of just Cam's last few games? It'd be so head-slapping stupid to see him succeed somewhere else just like our last hi-drafted OL starter misadventures [schwartz/mack]. I'm happy to withhold judgement and let his learning curve speak for itself.. the NFL is a job for a reason.

Just to expand on what was said above, if this was end of year one I would be a lot more in your camp. The problem, his bad tape is still AWFUL. You can put lipstick on a pig but it isn't going to help that much in the end.

I'm not debating it was a bad pick. It was. Year one, Erving was fat and didn't understand the offense. He came to camp this year in fantastic shape and this has essentially been his real rookie year....and he's shown progress. He will be contending for the starting job next season and there's a chance he wins it.

We're not drafting 3 OL this year, as much as people on here want to shit themselves over it. Just ain't gonna happen.

I'm not debating it was a bad pick. It was. Year one, Erving was fat and didn't understand the offense. He came to camp this year in fantastic shape and this has essentially been his real rookie year....and he's shown progress. He will be contending for the starting job next season and there's a chance he wins it.

We're not drafting 3 OL this year, as much as people on here want to shit themselves over it. Just ain't gonna happen.

I mean I don't disagree with that. All I'm saying is that OL just like a lot of areas (seen above) is one where we can easily stand to improve. I'd be fine taking such a dude in the 2nd round with the Titans pick in particular.

So I heard on 92.3 today that Cam"turnstyle" Erving may be moving to right tackle this week. Is this his last audition?

So I heard on 92.3 today that Cam"turnstyle" Erving may be moving to right tackle this week. Is this his last audition?

He is practicing at RT ... I guess the QB will get killed from a different angle instead of up the gut this week.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/12/cameron_erving_spends_time_at.html

Zombo

well....RT is his natural position, so it only makes sense to me....

The fact is, he only played 5 games at center in college....so to those that think it's his natural position....not so....

And the Browns.....who drafted a RT to play C..... then turned around and started him out at G are whacky doodle doo.....

The fact is, he only played 5 games at center in college....so to those that think it's his natural position....not so....

And the Browns.....who drafted a RT to play C..... then turned around and started him out at G are whacky doodle doo.....

I'm wondering if Cam had to say hey guys do you know that I played LT in college? move him to RT and slide everyone else in one spot should work...lol

He is practicing at RT ... I guess the QB will get killed from a different angle instead of up the gut this week.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/12/cameron_erving_spends_time_at.html

Zombo

Ha- some quotes... with appropriate editing....

Hue- "There are some things that he has done good (very few) and there are some things he needs to improve (sorry you can't admit he sucks out loud) at, but I am not down on Cam about this season." Next season is another story.

Cam: "But when you have a tall center, those are the things that we focused on most of the season, just trying to make sure we minimized tripping over each other (or myself) and just making sure we stayed compact." So I pretty much admit I suck at center, and never mind when I wasn't getting driven back into the qb or missing blocks, I uncompacted blocking the wrong guy getting our qbs killed.

Tour, any chance you'd have the time to do some analysis of just Cam's last few games? It'd be so head-slapping stupid to see him succeed somewhere else just like our last hi-drafted OL starter misadventures [schwartz/mack]. I'm happy to withhold judgement and let his learning curve speak for itself.. the NFL is a job for a reason.

Sure... I graded the first 3/4's of the Cinci game... Cam was awful. Still have it on the DVR plus the SD game and will record this Sunday's finale.

Who's working at Center?

lol... I sit here recalling all the prognosticators saying how he needed to move to C, his natural position, when was getting steamrolled at OG...

And, no... he'll be awful at RT because he is awful in space. I've seen NTs fake him off balance. Speed rushers will eat him alive. All we're doing is trying to eliminate his post snap mental lapses so evident at C. I shudder to think what his pre-snap grade has been.

Archived