THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns to make pitch for Jimmy G // Trubisky #1 QB on their board

DKAllDay

The advantage would be instant gratification, and a quicker rebuild. With Haslam's trigger finger, that instant success is necessary. Any way you acquire a QB is a risk, and eventually you're going to have to pay him if he's franchise material.

I actually really like Mitch, hence my username. It's just the logic that an inexperienced rook would be worth the #1 pick, but a guy who has shown success (albeit short term) wouldn't even be worth #33.

If we want to be competitive next year, the smart thing to do would be sacrifice #33 and something next year for a QB, and capitalize on the deep defensive talent in this draft.

If we take Mitch, which I would be fine with, it's gonna be a few years before we are competitive, and is Haslam really going to wait that long?

Ha, what's to say even with Jimmy we'd be "competitive"? BTW, it's been argued elsewhere what if McDaniels gets the SF HC job? No one should know Garropolo better. If he doesn't make a play for him, no one else should either.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let's not look at him because he plays for the Patriots.

While we have our head in the sand, let's stay clear of coaches who have been fired and defenders who played in the Big 12.

Zombo

Thats not what I mean. What I am getting at is every fucking time one of Brady's back ups become available via trade of waivers, everyone loses their shit. A QB who learned under Brady!!! Wow he must be good. But stats point to the opposite. I mean the most successful Brady back up was Hoyer, and he was out of 6+ Qb's to be released or traded. Look at him, thats fine. But don't proclaim him a franchise QB just because of where he came from and what he did in the 2 games he played this season.

I would go hard after Jimmy, I would offer NE our 2nd. (65) this year, and our 2nd. next year. We still have 3 top picks for Def. and we walk out with our QB, the top Def. pick, and 12 and 33 to boot....

This is where I stand. Two 2nd round picks is as much as I'd be willing to give up. Getting a young QB with NFL experience who is ready to start right away and still maintaining picks 1,12, and 33 to build the defense wouldnt upset me.

Thats not what I mean. What I am getting at is every fucking time one of Brady's back ups become available via trade of waivers, everyone loses their shit. A QB who learned under Brady!!! Wow he must be good. But stats point to the opposite. I mean the most successful Brady back up was Hoyer, and he was out of 6+ Qb's to be released or traded. Look at him, thats fine. But don't proclaim him a franchise QB just because of where he came from and what he did in the 2 games he played this season.

Well, I'm not going to regurgitate my 50 posts on the subject, but my interest in him has nothing to do with who he backs up.

Liked him before the draft. Still like him.

Never clamored for Cassel, Hoyer or that other fuckstick while they were with the Patriots.

They're different people.

Zombo

Well, I'm not going to regurgitate my 50 posts on the subject, but my interest in him has nothing to do with who he backs up.

Liked him before the draft. Still like him.

Never clamored for Cassel, Hoyer or that other fuckstick while they were with the Patriots.

They're different people.

Zombo

Me too Z. I was and AM a JG Fan & getting him while keeping both our 1st rounders this year would be as good as it gets, IMHO.

Mike

Every time? Enough people have seen what happened to Matt Cassell, Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett in life after NE (like previous coaches from NE in particular) to know these aren't franchise QBs. Having said that, Hoyer got us off to a 7-4 start in 2014 which was a pleasant surprise to say the least. I know he had a horrible game in the playoffs for Houston last year.

Is there a more overused phrase than "franchise QB" while so many college offenses and coaches aren't preparing their QBs for the NFL ahead throughout their #1 priority of winning. For example, which of the unbeatable college teams in the National Championship are/did build up their QB's resume for the NFL ahead? Not much different than the rest of college football right now challenging those with the task of projecting great football ahead from QB prospects in today's crapshoot.

At this time, I'll settle for a freakin keeper out of the draft especially since the last time we were able to do so required the supplemental draft of 1985. Before that, we have to go all the way back to the 13th round of 1972 to remind ourselves how much vision and poise should be counted as much as arm strength in our QB evaluations. Vision, poise and accuracy were the assets behind the only League MVP caliber QB we've seen here in the last 50 years. In our quest to reach on the bionic arm of Brandon Weeden, we refused to allow ourselves the alternative to enjoy the vision, poise and accuracy of Russell Wilson. He's frequenting playoffs in spite of some very bad offensive lines. In order to spot vision, we have to hope our front office has finally has vision.

"I didn't look at the video. I'm dumb and would like to draft the big name of the year ... Because I'm really, really dumb."

Well I looked at the video of JG Mr. Zombo. He sure was tearing up those vanilla defenses in preseason. It (at least to me) screams another New England system QB.

Compared to my fave (you know who) equally mobile. Mitch has the better arm and better deep accuracy. I'm not exactly awed by the number of short outs Jimmy was tossing. Oh, Garropolo might be marginally better than Kessler or Griffin- but I'm not going to throw a first round draft pick on the guy after what I've seen. You know my position- Bill's trying to sucker some team into overpaying for him. Bill, you can have our #52- take it or leave it- you broke even.

Point was made, you draft someone- you have at least 4 years on a rookie deal. You won't get that with Jimmy. It's franchise or punt. BTW @ #52, I'd take Mahomes over Jimmy- if he's still there.

"I didn't look at the video. I'm dumb and would like to draft the big name of the year ... Because I'm really, really dumb."

You wouldn't know a good QB if it bit you in the pussy lips, Chief Queef.

Let's keep suckin' Belichick's rejects though. Maybe relive those glory years of the early 90's when the Browns were relevant and you were still a closeted cocksucker.

Let's keep suckin' Belichick's rejects though. Maybe relive those glory years of the early 90's when the Browns were relevant and you were still a closeted cocksucker.

So says the guy who bitches at everyone that doesn't agree with the Modell R.I.P. thread

So says the guy who bitches at everyone that doesn't agree with the Modell R.I.P. thread

Adults are talking here, squirt. It was cute that you thought your opinion mattered.

You're just the leech hanging off the back of Zombo's ballbag, hoping to catch some leftover chowder.

Adults are talking here, squirt. It was cute that you thought your opinion mattered.

You're just the leech hanging off the back of Zombo's ballbag, hoping to catch some leftover chowder.

Cool Story Cuck.

yeah defending the family that essentially ruined the franchise doesn't make you a browns fan, it makes you a cocksucker.

Cool Story Cuck.

yeah defending the family that essentially ruined the franchise doesn't make you a browns fan, it makes you a cocksucker.

Hahaha. Fucking cuck, that's priceless.

It was probably tough to type that without spilling your chai latte all over your MacBook keyboard, wasn't it?

I just realized I'm arguing with a hipster millennial. Dudes first memory of the Browns is probably Brady fucking Quinn.

GTFO of here, vagina.

It was probably tough to type that without spilling your chai latte all over your MacBook keyboard, wasn't it?

I just realized I'm arguing with a hipster millennial. Dudes first memory of the Browns is probably Brady fucking Quinn.

GTFO of here, vagina.

because you're a cuck. and you act like a child who instead of resorting to logic. you call people who don't agree with you names.....

Is it your goal to shit all over every thread in which someone disagrees with you, Bitchtits?

When did you start coming around again, anyway? Daddy find a new bottom?

Zombo

GTFO of here, vagina.

Yooooo da fuq's wrong with a latte?!?!?!

You don't even know what that word means, man. Get out of here with your weak nonsense, junior.

cuck - Not simply a man who's wife/girlfriend cheats on him, but rather a man who actually gets aroused by knowing or seeing her in sexual situations with other men, such as flirting, kissing, fondling, or sex. In particular, situations where he is NOT participating but instead marginalized, just observing, or even completely ignored.

cuck - Not simply a man who's wife/girlfriend cheats on him, but rather a man who actually gets aroused by knowing or seeing her in sexual situations with other men, such as flirting, kissing, fondling, or sex. In particular, situations where he is NOT participating but instead marginalized, just observing, or even completely ignored.

Someone did a Google! Yay!

i wouldn't be mad if we get Jimmy G this year. It's better that than Kizer or god forbid Watson.

I've said all along my interest in Garropolo is totally dependent on the asking price. (And like I just mentioned) anything higher than our #52 is too damn much. If Bill wants what Minnesota gave up for Bradford, he's crazy. Any team willing to give up that much is crazy.

I'm seeing a guy who has the potential to be decent- but nothing special. & pretty sad if we're willing to settle for "decent".

The problem with your argument for JG is that it completely disregards the fact that every QB who has filled in for Brady has performed exceedingly well for the most part, which makes a true evaluation of JG awfully hard.

He's worth no later than a second round pick, however I wouldn't sacrifice a top 15 pick for a guy in the last year of his contract. It doesn't make any sense from a cap perspective. You're essentially sacrificing four years of rookie wages for a guy that, in all honesty, is still almost as much of an unknown.

Could he be great? Sure. But so could the rookie you draft at #12. I'm not going to trade away four years of cheap "could" for one year of cheap "could".

I'd like to see JG for our 2nd this year and a 4th next year with the ability to make it a 2nd based on his performance. If we do that and grab Garrett or Allen and Hooker I'd call it a coup. I'd also like that trade along with Garrett or Allen and Mike Williams. Draft a center in the 3rd, trade back up into the 3rd and draft Mahomes too. Steal Trumaine Johnson, find a safety boom Super Bowl lol

I'd take any of the QBs in this draft for four years over one year of JG.

Even trash bag Chad Kelly.

TCPO went from "Garroppollo is worth no later than a 2nd (maybe it was 3rd) to "I'd take any of the QBs in this draft over him." What gives?

Every time? Enough people have seen what happened to Matt Cassell, Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett in life after NE (like previous coaches from NE in particular) to know these aren't franchise QBs. Having said that, Hoyer got us off to a 7-4 start in 2014 which was a pleasant surprise to say the least. I know he had a horrible game in the playoffs for Houston last year.

Is there a more overused phrase than "franchise QB" while so many college offenses and coaches aren't preparing their QBs for the NFL ahead throughout their #1 priority of winning. For example, which of the unbeatable college teams in the National Championship are/did build up their QB's resume for the NFL ahead? Not much different than the rest of college football right now challenging those with the task of projecting great football ahead from QB prospects in today's crapshoot.

At this time, I'll settle for a freakin keeper out of the draft especially since the last time we were able to do so required the supplemental draft of 1985. Before that, we have to go all the way back to the 13th round of 1972 to remind ourselves how much vision and poise should be counted as much as arm strength in our QB evaluations. Vision, poise and accuracy were the assets behind the only League MVP caliber QB we've seen here in the last 50 years. In our quest to reach on the bionic arm of Brandon Weeden, we refused to allow ourselves the alternative to enjoy the vision, poise and accuracy of Russell Wilson. He's frequenting playoffs in spite of some very bad offensive lines. In order to spot vision, we have to hope our front office has finally has vision.

I would say everytime. I get that people liked Jimmy during the draft, hell I liked him too. But its always seems like the media's mission to help NE inflate any potential trade value their backup QBs have.

Every fucking one was touted as the next coming of Christ but they all never lived up to the bill.

Really?.....touted as the next coming of Christ?.....Cassel Mallet Hoyer???....by who?

How does one live up to the bill of getting waived....or traded for a 7th?.....

Not much to live up to, eh?

Thats not what I mean. What I am getting at is every fucking time one of Brady's back ups become available via trade of waivers, everyone loses their shit. A QB who learned under Brady!!! ...... But don't proclaim him a franchise QB just because of where he came from and what he did in the 2 games he played this season.

Who is saying that JG is great "because he learned under Brady?".....dont see one single comment ...anywhere.... saying that...

Assuming?....or do you actually have an example....

I would say everytime. I get that people liked Jimmy during the draft, hell I liked him too. But its always seems like the media's mission to help NE inflate any potential trade value their backup QBs have.

So...the media inflated the trade value of these guys...???

Hoyer was so inflated, that he was waived...then sat for 3 months before getting picked up.....

Mallett was inflated off the charts, to the point that he was traded for a 7th round pick, then waived......

Cassel was inflated by the media??....or by New England?.....who franchised him.....then traded him, with an All Pro LB for a 2nd....

TCPO went from "Garroppollo is worth no later than a 2nd (maybe it was 3rd) to "I'd take any of the QBs in this draft over him." What gives?

I meant I'd take any of the QBs in the draft over trading a first for JG.

You don't trade a first round pick for an expiring contract.

Archived