THE BROWNS BOARD

What would you think of our top 3-4 picks going D

Frenchie

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There any actual merit to this front to back and inside out other than being more attractive than the alternative to an engineer/math guy's mind?

In today's flag happy NFL on DB's? The only way to consistently win with defense is to affect the QB up front.

In short, yes.

Was it a progression read from the pocket or a pre-determined timing pattern thrown to an area of the field off a pre-specified drop back?

Danny Kanell recently said about the Freshman QB at Texas that he hadn't seen a gorgeous deep ball like that in the Lone Star state since RG3. But, if you ask RG3 to read progressions - he's going to look he was the pinball wizard in a pocket The Who lyrics accurately described as "deaf, dumb and blind." Unfortunately, we've also learned that deep ball arm he had coming out of college has an expiration date of late October in a Great Lake Climate.

Assuming he declares- that's what chalk talk is for Tom. You interview the coach to find out exactly what those throws are predicated on. Like I said, I'll have another look at the game, But first impression was he sees the field pretty well, and locates an open guy way faster than Griffin. AND he's far more accurate than Robert, especially with pressure in his face. I'll chart the last drive for you when I have a chance.

Sure I like what I've seen so far, But if the FO determines Garrett or Allen have higher value, I'm fine with it.

In today's flag happy NFL on DB's? The only way to consistently win with defense is to affect the QB up front.

In short, yes.

True, but I can add that it's been a NFL cliche' since before you were born. It was just as true for stopping the run when the run was King and DT-MLB-sauruses ruled the day...

He made a bunch of them Mik, his first TD pass was perfect. I still have the game on my DVR, and I'll give it another look. :)

I think you'll see a project with great potential. Not worthy of #1 but if he's your franchise guy, who cares. On the other hand, with so many holes to fill, do you risk that he falls to 12 (I hope so)? I think there's a good chance that one of the top 3 QB's fall to 12 and a lower chance that one of the top 4 QB's fall out of the first round.

I say don't panic on the QB, see how the draft falls, take an impact D player at #1. Re-evaluate the board at 12 and either take the QB there or take another impact D player if they are available. Do the same in the second round. If a QB doesn't fall into place, be patient and either trade, FA, or wait another year and see how Cody or RG3 improves. Either way, QB or no QB, this is THE DRAFT to change this franchise from rock bottom. We say it every year but "please don't screw this one up!"

Was it a progression read from the pocket or a pre-determined timing pattern thrown to an area of the field off a pre-specified drop back?

Danny Kanell recently said about the Freshman QB at Texas that he hadn't seen a gorgeous deep ball like that in the Lone Star state since RG3. But, if you ask RG3 to read progressions - he's going to look he was the pinball wizard in a pocket The Who lyrics accurately described as "deaf, dumb and blind." Unfortunately, we've also learned that deep ball arm he had coming out of college has an expiration date of late October in a Great Lake Climate.

That's harsh. I think RG3 has potential if he can play (I.e. Avoid injuries). I thought he improved with every game at the end of the season. On the Flee-Flicker TP interception from the end zone, everyone blamed Hue for the call and RG3 for the throw. How about blaming TP for not continuing to run the pattern (he misjudged the depth of the throw) and having the ball fly over his head for the interception?

I wipe my ass with the Browns and Orange report. Why not quote what Seth Myers, or some other gay, homo, cocksucker thinks we should do in the draft?

The Browns need a QB. Hey don't need anything else. hey can draft all the "fill" players they want. Hey need to get a QB. The rest is horse shit.

I think the same of the B&O but their picks are what prompted me to start this thread. It got me thinking about our D, that's all. And I didn't want to take someone else's picks without quoting them - regardless of their quality, comedic talent, sexual preference, or sexual activity - God you're an arrogant and insulting SOB.

As for "Hey don't need anything else", I'll take that as your attempt at comedy, because I'm LMAO.

1. OLB Myles Garrett

2. S Jamal Adams

33. FS Budda Baker

and let's throw in:

Desmond King, CB Iowa (assuming he's still available by then)

Thoughts?

The Browns could do better than they have by downloading the CBS 2017 NFL Draft Prospects list and taking whoever is rated highest overall when their turn comes, unless they find there are character issues of some kind (dope, run ins with the law, general dumbassery, etc) When you finish 1-15, it is hard to draft badly. You probably have a hole at the position of the next player up. I am half serious about doing it that way.

According to Yahoo Sports: Garrett, Hooker (with Triubisky still on the board), TX RB Foreman, and Cal QB, Webb. Says we pick-up Garropolo or some other veteran QB. Yuk!!

Adams taken #4 overall

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-mock-draft-3-0-six-quarterbacks-land-in-two-round-projection-151720662.html

That's harsh. I think RG3 has potential

I don't normally do this but you are right Frenchie. That was too harsh on my part. It isn't like the guy WANTS to struggle with the time constraints our line and 1st years starters at WR give him or lack a pocket presence in the process. That doesn't make him stupid as much as it reminds me he's as in over his head as Brady Quinn was.

Herein lies the problem with QBs coming out of college for such a culture shock of the NFL. Quinn was frequently hailed as "the most pro ready" QB of his class, which isn't saying much especially in hind sight 20/20.

RG3 just isn't durable enough for the style of offense he was a rookie of the year in. Then again, he took a beating in our pocket just like Kessler and McCown. He also tried to play through some pain in the process.

So Clowney is Gruden's Grinder in the Oak-Hou game. If you caught it then you know what to expect from his clone, Garrett.

So by 2019 Myles will be a significant contributor. Good to know... ;)

According to Yahoo Sports: Garrett, Hooker (with Triubisky still on the board), TX RB Foreman, and Cal QB, Webb. Says we pick-up Garropolo or some other veteran QB. Yuk!!

Adams taken #4 overall

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-mock-draft-3-0-six-quarterbacks-land-in-two-round-projection-151720662.html

Yuk??

Garrett, Garappolo, Hooker, and Foreman.

Those sounds like gold.

Z

That's true Z.

It's a tough choice: trade for Garapolo (if say it's a 1 & 3 in 2018) and take Hooker at 12 or keep the picks, lose Hooker and pick up Triubnsky at 12. Or give up the picks, lose Hooker, take Garaopolo and then Triubinsky at 12 - now were set at QB for a while. Hooker is great but similar players are available every year.

Anyway, it's the Foreman/Webb combination that I'm not crazy about in the Yahoo draft. Too many needs to go RB/QB in the second round. CB, S, O-Line are better values in my opinion.

WTF you talking about. You were on the Johnny train. Are you trying to tell us that you were a Browns fans since Johnny was wearing short pants?

Yes. Your memory must really blow. I've posted this several times.

war has repeatedly said he's been a Browns fan since childhood...

He simply did not become active here until the Johnny saga began.

war has repeatedly said he's been a Browns fan since childhood...

He simply did not become active here until the Johnny saga began.

Ding ding ding. And even then,I joined this board almost a year after he was drafted.

Quinn was frequently hailed as "the most pro ready" QB of his class, which isn't saying much especially in hind sight 20/20.

Let me fix/update that for ya :lol: :lol:

Trubisky is frequently hailed as "the most pro ready" QB of his class, which isn't saying much especially in FORE sight 20/20. ;) ;)

Let me fix/update that for ya :lol: :lol:

Trubisky is frequently hailed as "the most pro ready" QB of his class, which isn't saying much especially in FORE sight 20/20. ;) ;)

You may be biased. You want to see the Browns take another A&M asshole.

What makes you think we want any more part of the A&M curse?

Except for one guy, all the players the Browns have ever taken from A&M have been shite.

Garrett's an asshole?

Probably not....its just that you don't think that a guy whose screen name if TexasAg may have an A&M bias.

There's an A&M curse? Does Denver know?

There is one when it comes to the Browns.

In checking....since 1950 the Browns have taken just one single good player out of A&M: Cody Risien.

All others turned out not so good

Garrett's an asshole?

Probably not....its just that you don't think that a guy whose screen name if TexasAg may have an A&M bias.

There's an A&M curse? Does Denver know?

There is one when it comes to the Browns.

In checking....since 1950 the Browns have taken just one single good player out of A&M: Cody Risien.

All others turned out not so good

My greatest bias is towards defense. No problem admitting that. But if you have paid attention to other posts I have made, I have clearly stated I would not be averse to taking Allen @ #1 as long as we addressed our very clear problem of edge rusher @#12. I don't see Allen as an edge rusher, so my "biased" view is to address the edge rush rush deficit @ 12 unless we take Garrett @ #1. Would I like to see a Clowney in Cleveland? Sure. But I can live with other alternatives.

So my "bias" is we have a major edge rush problem that must be addressed early in this draft which is far greater in terms generating the wins that will keep this franchise above water. A QB #1 will not do that due to the very long learning curve involved. We will be firing another whole crew before that pick generates any dividends for the Browns.

My greatest bias is towards defense. No problem admitting that. But if you have paid attention to other posts I have made, I have clearly stated I would not be averse to taking Allen @ #1 as long as we addressed our very clear problem of edge rusher @#12. I don't see Allen as an edge rusher, so my "biased" view is to address the edge rush rush deficit @ 12 unless we take Garrett @ #1. Would I like to see a Clowney in Cleveland? Sure. But I can live with other alternatives.

So my "bias" is we have a major edge rush problem that must be addressed early in this draft which is far greater in terms generating the wins that will keep this franchise above water. A QB #1 will not do that due to the very long learning curve involved. We will be firing another whole crew before that pick generates any dividends for the Browns.

Well, my bias is toward winning. And the Browns have not been doing any winning. And a lot of that can be attributed to a lack of a quality quarterback.

Defense IS absolutely a priorty...but it isn't the highest one imo, We need a talent infusion in so many areas. A franchise QB. A couple of OL, and, yes, defenders at all levels, DL, DB, LBs.

But I don't think the Browns should concentrate on one area at the expense of the others. (though, of course, they must make hard choices)

Archived