THE BROWNS BOARD

Facebook live beating

Erie Dawg

It appears they are torturing this person for no other reason except he is white. There is no other apparent motive. They did not kidnap him for ransom, they did not rob him. They tortured him for only one reason. He was white. (and probably an easy target being mentally handicapped)

Yep, seems like the motive was pretty clear in the video

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how much shit did Donald Trump get for not denouncing David Duke as loudly as the left wanted him to?

Even though it was a basically made up charge?

WSS

Difference being david duke was almost actively campaigning for trump so it would be pretty important to definitively distance yourself from that. And how long did it take trump? I obamao immediately denounced the incident.

So yeah slight differences. But as usual you breeze eight on by with your invalid corrollation pronouncements.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.esquire.com/news-politics/news/amp4719/racists-support-obama-061308/

I'm not making an accusation but I wouldn't be surprised if Cleve got news letters from some of these organizations.

But of those who supported him over McCain I have never heard the president disavow any of them harshly or otherwise.

WSS

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/28/politics/donald-trump-white-supremacists/

Yup that sounded like a voracious disavowel. "I just dont know anything about him". Of course he would later give a firmer response but we get the picture here. My point still stands u were relating two very different circunstances, per usual or shall we say....typical?

The problem I see with labels like hate crime is its just stupid. You're criminal or you're not. Period. Having these stupid little labels makes it impossible to fully convict criminals without the labels being established.

The labels were developed to punish above and beyond what the normal punishment would be. Do I think they need them? No not really.

According to the city of Chicago's website, "Hate crimes are acts of bigotry, and are committed because of the intended victim's actual or perceived ancestry, color, creed, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability (including HIV status), or national origin. Hate crimes not only harm the victim, but also the group in which the targeted member belongs."

Based on the evidence we know hate crime will not hold up in court.

No known premeditation.

Mutual meeting at McDonald's.

No known prior statements of race discrimination.

They spent at least one night together and drove all over Chicago in a stolen car.

They were play fighting in the ghetto of Chicago by all accounts mutually and things escalated from there.

Ok, how many racists have you known to spend the night with their 'sworn enemy' outside of prison?

I bet a bottle of JD No.7 the charges will be reduced. Any takers?

Just wish they could get the full hate crime penalty without the label of a hate crime. Not gonna happen.

According to the city of Chicago's website, "Hate crimes are acts of bigotry, and are committed because of the intended victim's actual or perceived ancestry, color, creed, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability (including HIV status), or national origin. Hate crimes not only harm the victim, but also the group in which the targeted member belongs."

No known premeditation.

They spent at least one night together and drove all over Chicago in a stolen car.

They were play fighting in the ghetto of Chicago by all accounts mutually and things escalated from there.

Ok, how many racists have you known to spend the night with their 'sworn enemy' outside of prison?

Just wish they could get the full hate crime penalty without the label of a hate crime. Not gonna happen.

Who gives a fuck? They deserve life in prison for what they did no matter how you 'label' it.

No known premeditation.

Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said there "was never a question" whether the case would be investigated as a hate crime, but police wanted to check all the facts before deciding anything based on emotion. He said the racial comments of the attackers and the disabilities of the victim both played a role in the decision.

"Let me be very clear, the actions in that video are reprehensible," Johnson said. "That, along with racism, have absolutely no place in the city of Chicago. Or anywhere else for that matter."

While the other charges filed against the four defendants Thursday have much more serious consequences aggravated battery with a deadly weapon carries up to 15 years behind bars it was the hate crime count that garnered the most attention.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-facebook-live-attack-charges-met-20170106-story,amp.html

Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said there "was never a question" whether the case would be investigated as a hate crime, but police wanted to check all the facts before deciding anything based on emotion. He said the racial comments of the attackers and the disabilities of the victim both played a role in the decision.

"Let me be very clear, the actions in that video are reprehensible," Johnson said. "That, along with racism, have absolutely no place in the city of Chicago. Or anywhere else for that matter."

While the other charges filed against the four defendants Thursday have much more serious consequences aggravated battery with a deadly weapon carries up to 15 years behind bars it was the hate crime count that garnered the most attention.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-facebook-live-attack-charges-met-20170106-story,amp.html

So is that a bet???

At one time I would agree that hate crime laws are not necessary and I was initially against it but now I support it. If someone is targeted due to race, religion ,being gay or any other reason they are being singled specifically out I don't mind at all an enhancement of the penalty. However in this case if it cannot be proven a hate crime was committed then they might as well scrap the law. The prosecutor must have thought the elements of this being a hate crime are met as they were indicted for it. We'll see how it plays out going through the legal system. The point of the hate crime law is to discourage what is seen on this video.

At one time I would agree that hate crime laws are not necessary and I was initially against it but now I support it. If someone is targeted due to race, religion ,being gay or any other reason they are being singled specifically out I don't mind at all an enhancement of the penalty. However in this case if it cannot be proven a hate crime was committed then they might as well scrap the law. The prosecutor must have thought the elements of this being a hate crime are met as they were indicted for it. We'll see how it plays out going through the legal system. The point of the hate crime law is to discourage what is seen on this video.

Racist or not doesn't matter. Are you saying it would have been better had he not said fuck white people??? Or even fuck Trump???

Personally, I see a room of sick people that deserve more than they might get no matter what. The motivation or lack there of shouldn't mean a damn thing, especially in this case.

Had he said I love white people and Trump is my favorite while doing this, I might think these idiots were too insane to stand trial.

obamao has expedited the increased false narrative that it is justified to act out

over political and racial bigotry, as long as it is blacks acting out.

Racist or not doesn't matter. Are you saying it would have been better had he not said fuck white people??? Or even fuck Trump???

Personally, I see a room of sick people that deserve more than they might get no matter what. The motivation or lack there of shouldn't mean a damn thing, especially in this case.

Had he said I love white people and Trump is my favorite while doing this, I might think these idiots were too insane to stand trial.

The motivation does mean something and that is why we have hate crime laws. If the motivation is just to attack someone because of their race, religion, sexual orientation etc. than there is an enhancement of the penalty. I agree with it. We want the word out that this crime in particular carries a stiffer penalty because of the motivation of the crime.

So getting kidnapped by a black friend is worse than being kidnapped by a white friend.....got it.

What is the motivation? If anyone is kidnapped and tortured because of their race it means you have added a hate crime enhancement to your crime. They do the same with gun crime enhancements, if a gun is used in a crime the penalty gets enhanced just for having the gun.

On a side note, interesting to see the championing of hate crime laws now by some of you folks. Seems to me i recall sometime ago a discussion where alot of you thought they were pointless and shouldn't be applied. But now that we have a clear cut case the other way you guys are all about it?

On a side note, interesting to see the championing of hate crime laws now by some of you folks. Seems to me i recall sometime ago a discussion where alot of you thought they were pointless and shouldn't be applied. But now that we have a clear cut case the other way you guys are all about it?

They are fucking stupid. However, they are here and thus should be used accordingly and not just when the perp is a white guy.

Personally, I wish hate crime laws would go away. If someone commits murder, that alone seems plenty hateful enough.

Archived