THE BROWNS BOARD

Facebook live beating

Erie Dawg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a side note, interesting to see the championing of hate crime laws now by some of you folks. Seems to me i recall sometime ago a discussion where alot of you thought they were pointless and shouldn't be applied. But now that we have a clear cut case the other way you guys are all about it?

It is always despicable to see anyone attacked for no reason other than their race, religion, sexual orientation etc...and I like to see the enhancement on these type crimes as a deterrent.

So Ariel Castro's crime was less heinous because it wasn't a hate crime? What kind of bullshit logic is that folks?

WSS

And you might be right WSS but I just find attacking someone for no reason than their race, religion, sexual orientation etc so repulsive..so against our free society that enhancements as a deterrent are not a bad idea...

And you might be right WSS but I just find attacking someone for no reason than their race, religion, sexual orientation etc so repulsive..so against our free society that enhancements as a deterrent are not a bad idea...

Frankly I don't think that's the reason sick bastards attack other people. I think the fact that they are sick bastards is the important thing.

I would also questions how much deterrent there is to people that are in fact sick bastards.

WSS

So Ariel Castro's crime was less heinous because it wasn't a hate crime? What kind of bullshit logic is that folks?

WSS

Well steve there was a time in this country when attacking a black or gay person, in some parts of the country not all, was considered good weekend sport or a nice mid work week respite from the daily grind. And these local areas were more apt to look the other way entirely or apply some vastly lesser sentencing. Thats the ugly part of our history.

So thats why federal hate crime legislature came to be. So when some local judge gave a few boys on the varsity football team a pass for some shit, the feds could now come in with their own charge cause they cant retry on the previous charges.....

I haven't seen this anywhere but from you.

I'm going to chalk the numerous narratives you are claiming up to hyperbole at this point.

Fine. His mom just dropped him off at McDonalds to spend the weekend with a stranger/kidnapper that just happened to go to his school. I guess it is just a spectacular speculation to assume they were friends.

Fine. His mom just dropped him off at McDonalds to spend the weekend with a stranger/kidnapper that just happened to go to his school. I guess it is just a spectacular speculation to assume they were friends.

It was reported that he was dropped off. I went to school with 5-600 people I wasn't friends let alone acquaintances with all of them. At this point We'll have to wait and see.

• 5 months later...

Archived