THE BROWNS BOARD

Border War... Oh, it's on, Mexico...

Tour2ma

Going to hit Mexico goods with import tariffs... you know... to make them "pay for the wall." lol...

20%... wait... not 20%... could be less... probably less...

... but they are definitely paying by raising the price of their goods that Americans buy...

... but Americans aren't paying for the wall...

... even when they pay the higher prices that will be charged...

... for the higher cost goods...

... that the sellers pass through...

... to the Americans who buy them...

... without paying for the wall...

Or something...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logic, you also said no way in fucking Hell would Trump ever have a snow balls chance in hell of becoming President. Well?.......

He beat the odds. Hillary was unpalatable enough to get beat by Trump even after having almost all of the media in the bag.

However, the guy can't defy basic economics. If you add a tariff (in the case of Trump) or a tax (in the case of Obama) to a good, the person buying it will end up getting fucked over.

no, meaning they have to lower their stupid prices.. haha.

They should stfu and realize that they have been riding out

American gravy train for too long.

and, I will be DELIGHTED to pay a lot more for AMERICAN products

actually being made right here.

The saying is true that corporations don't pay taxes that any taxation they get they pass on to the consumers. So by trying to penalize Mexico it is true they will just raise their prices accordingly to consumers in the United States.

But that also means other things that our own goods will sell better with our goods being priced more competitively against Mexico's newly higher priced goods. Seems like that would be the case.

How many more years can the US keep up with a negative trade deficit and not just with Mexico? We can't keep spending more and more on imports. In 94 we imported 64 billion a year from Mexico now 235 billion per year. The playing field needs to be leveled.

But this would do nothing to fix that. What are you going to export to mexico to make up for it?

The US will pay for the wall.

I have a feeling that you guys have not seen with your own eyes what the cartels get up to, and they have absolutely no opposition except each other. The police and military are clueless. I don't care who pays for it initially, build that wall. They'll be begging to pay for it as soon as they figure out they're getting the dick.

I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert on Mexico or the border in any way, and we obviously don't have a third world country on our doorstep here, but in many ways the EU - being comprised of 28 mostly autonomous but also bound by some laws, freedom of goods and movement - is quite similar to the US system of states being mostly autonomous but bound by some common (federal) laws and freedom of movement and goods, and in that way (which is the way that scares a lot of people, they see the similarities and are terrified of turning europe in to the US, just think about that for a moment) we do have a border with third (maybe second?) world countries. These countries, of course, have different issues to Mexico etc but they each present their own issues.

Do we have a domestic supply to replace everything coming from Mexico? Even if we do, domestic suppliers can just raise their price now, but still be under the taxed Mexico good. A lot of ways this lands back on the consumer

I wonder how many people have said they'd be happy to pay a little extra for goods made in America?

WSS

I know you Whiney pussy liberals don't know how to negotiate from a point of strength. Let's put it this way: Mexico needs the US. The US does not need Mexico.

There are dozens of countries that can do the same thing Mexico does. The US on the other hand is the wealthiest country in world history.

I do.

Never have bought a foreign car and I never will. Same for other products.

I'm sure that "american" car, has parts sourced from foreign countries. The whole, "Buy" American, doesn't mean the same thing it did 20 - 30 years ago. Did you check to see what tires came on your car, if they weren't Goodyear or Cooper, guess what, they were built buy a foreign owned manufacturer. Car's built in the USA are basically assembled, with many components coming from somewhere else other than the USA.

Hell, even foreign owned manufacturers are building cars here in the USA with American workforce... How ya feel about that?

Ford was assembling cars and making 80% of the parts in Mexico, same with the other American car companies. Same with non-American car companies (like VW). The US is such a big consumer of automobiles that it makes sense for the big auto makers to have plants on this side of the world rather than importing them across an ocean - some have chosen the US, others have chosen Mexico.

Ford's biggest seller, the fusion, was made in Mexico until recently - I'm not sure what they're still making over there but they fairly recently announced they were moving more small car production south of the border.

Not sure how much that changed since President Trump, I know they cancelled some of their plans to move south.

I'm sure that "american" car, has parts sourced from foreign countries. The whole, "Buy" American, doesn't mean the same thing it did 20 - 30 years ago. Did you check to see what tires came on your car, if they weren't Goodyear or Cooper, guess what, they were built buy a foreign owned manufacturer. Car's built in the USA are basically assembled, with many components coming from somewhere else other than the USA.

Hell, even foreign owned manufacturers are building cars here in the USA with American workforce... How ya feel about that?

How do you feel responding to a clear troll account (probably from Diehard) on the poli board?

Archived