THE BROWNS BOARD

Jimmy Garoppolo Speculation

jiggins7919

A fans comment on Garrett's video and Garrapolo: "It's ALL part of the Hoodie's master plan.....he's already sucked them in...Garrett gives them the brushoff, and then Garropolo becomes simply irresistable...he's feeding off their weakness...like a shark...."

:lol: :lol:

Cleveland is going to find a way to really fuck this up. It's what they do best. Please God, just once, grant them a brain cell in the FO. :wacko:

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youre interpreting the word 'entitled" wrong.

The Patriots do not necessarily have to accept 2 - 1st round picks. They can lower compensation to what they see fit as value.

How do you know what any NFL team will do?

The franchise tag allows teams to protect their investment -- which is a significant value. Even if a team does not particularly want to keep a player, or feels a long-term deal is hopeless, it can tag the player and put him on the trading block, knowing the value of the player is greater than the compensatory third-round pick the team could receive for losing a high-caliber player to free agency.

What do you think washington would get if they tag cousins this year again, after he led them to two winning seasons the last two years (after winning 7 games total the previous two) with not a great deal of help from his defense? They might get a first round pick for him. Maybe. Jimmy G? Has shown nowhere close to even Cousins' level of play, consistently, because he's only played like 4 games in 4 years.

This whole concept of Jimmy being a sure fire thing worth even one first round pick doesn't seem to have much basis in reality to be honest.

A 1st round pick for Bradford? How did that work out?

Pretty well actually... over 70% completion rate... 4:1 TD/INT ratio.

Zimmer is more than happy enough to hand the keys to Sam again in 2017.

And Sam Bradford and Brock Arseweillier?

A 1st round pick for Bradford? How did that work out?

Funny you should bring up Osweiler - a guy who on a championship team for a few games looked like he could be a franchise QB but then when given the opportunity shat the bed with his play. You think that helps the case for Jimmy?

And Bradford - has tice now been traded for a first. Was the number one overall pick, played every year in St Louis (when not injured) and was already a franchise QB. Not really apples and apples here.

Funny you should bring up Osweiler - a guy who on a championship team for a few games looked like he could be a franchise QB

Did he?

I never got the bidding war over this guy. Got replaced by a 39 yo Manning on bad knees throwing quails ... That is how little Denver trusted him ... And they knew him best.

Shame on Houston.

Grop is a totally different guy. You may be cautionary, and thats cool and understandable, but that 7 foot dork doesnt have anything to do with him.

Zombo

So when gipper is a willful participant in being trolled in a thread that is hilarious it gets shut down, but when gipper is a willful participant in being trolled by some random patriots pumper full of garropolo semen, its allowed to go stretch forward into infinity. This thread reminds me of battery commercials in the 90s. Energizer would have a commercial that said "we have the best, longest lasting batteries, then Duracell would have a commercial that said "we have the best, longest lasting batteries. Cmon guys, one of Gippers infinite loops was finally entertaining and it got the axe?

So when gipper is a willful participant in being trolled in a thread that is hilarious it gets shut down, but when gipper is a willful participant in being trolled by some random patriots pumper full of garropolo semen, its allowed to go stretch forward into infinity. This thread reminds me of battery commercials in the 90s. Energizer would have a commercial that said "we have the best, longest lasting batteries, then Duracell would have a commercial that said "we have the best, longest lasting batteries. Cmon guys, one of Gippers infinite loops was finally entertaining and it got the axe?

The thread that had boiled down to three guys asking each other how their Dick's tasted? I think it had run its course.

I don't even read the Gip - Boo exchanges. I think people are still talking about Garappolo around them hence the thread being open.

Zombo

The thread that had boiled down to three guys asking each other how their Dick's tasted? I think it had run it course.

I don't even read the Gip - Boo exchanges. I think people are still talking about Garappolo around them hence the thread being open.

Zombo

Can you take all Ghoolie's recycled jibberish and put it back into the chain fenced kennel once a week?

That even scared Atenears away. He forgot Ghoolie likes to play 50 Shades of Gay with Steel Orphans...

Can you take all Ghoolie's recycled jibberish and put it back into the chained fence kennel once a week?

That even scared Atenears away. He forgot Ghoolie likes to play 50 Shades of Gay with Steel Orphans...

Ya, it's truly sad to watch Ghoolie beg to come back over and over again. Ate must have felt sorry for the poor Retard in a moment of weakness and then remembered he's a Steeler lover and took off. Can't blame him.

But the mods are under "strict orders" not to mess with Ghoolie, lol. I fuck with him five times before I finish my morning coffee and tells the mods to do whatever you have to do with him.

Poor fat Retard gets a lot of "views" though ... Cause he checks in every five minutes to see how his thread is going.

Zombo

No one is budging...

Won't be long until we see how it plays out...

Carry on...

I will wait on the "budging" thing. When JG gets a 25 mill signing bonus, or is tagged and paid 25 mill per year by the Pats.....you can budge me right off the cliff. But, until then, like I said, I will wait.

Did McGoo beg you to enter the fray for him?

Hoorta is one of the smart guys on this board. He does not need prompting from me.

And not only that.....while there are few rules on this board, one of themI think is not insulting someone because of their disabilities. Everyone here knows that I am having issues with my vision because of my condition of Superior Oblique Palsy...and now you make fun of me because of that condition? Shameful.

I make fun of you because you come off stupid, delusional and a Pats sychophant. But, if you really were Retard, I would not belittle you because of it.

He already cried to WSS and had him change my screen name. What powers to you posses here Hoorta? Please dont take away all my reputation.

Zombo did that all on his own, no prodding from me. Ask Z why he did that.

Look, the Browns are fat with cap money according to sporttrac. Over 100 million? That cant be right, is it? If any team can afford Garrapolo its the Browns.

No homo. Garrapolo gets at least 25 million guaranteed in a new contract. He has the same agent as Brady - Don Yee.

Now, in some situations, the franchise tag is just a stall tactic as team and player work out a long-term deal. (Clearly, these players aren't available in the trade market.) However, forming a deal off the franchise number can create obstacles. Typically, the player and his agent want a three-year deal based on an annual 120 percent increase from the franchise number. Makes sense, right? Building a deal off the franchise number should be easy. But it isn't, and this is where negotiations break down.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827568b5/printable/franchise-season-making-sense-of-tags-and-tenders

Yup, the Texans shot themselves in the foot. The same way some teams do with high round drafted QBs that they think are going to be sure bets.

Again, call us when JG gets that money.

Top 5 AJ McCarron thread starters:

1) - Wife Katherine Webb is smoking hot. Google her and prepare to be fully Musbergered, you dirty old man.

2) - AJ's upper body is covered in hand drawn Jeebus tats and his head has a massive scar left over from a boating accident. So colorful. Discuss!

3) - Has the "it" factor. Can't be defined but you'll know it when you see it. (Massive head scar looks like a halo to some.)

4) - Doesn't require 25m commitment. 2017 salary less than 675k and won't be a RFA until 2018. Trade for and audition for 2 years at minimal real costs.

5) = Free Rustproofing. What do I have to do to put you in this QB today?

Ya, it's truly sad to watch Ghoolie beg to come back over and over again. Ate must have felt sorry for the poor Retard in a moment of weakness and then remembered he's a Steeler lover and took off. Can't blame him.

But the mods are under "strict orders" not to mess with Ghoolie, lol. I fuck with him five times before I finish my morning coffee and tells the mods to do whatever you have to do with him.

Poor fat Retard gets a lot of "views" though ... Cause he checks in every five minutes to see how his thread is going.

Zombo

LOL. Steeler Fags are happy Ghoolie isn't putting any roses on their pianos cuz dey'd rather keep his two lips on their organs.

Top 5 AJ McCarron thread starters:

1) - Wife Katherine Webb is smoking hot. Google her and prepare to be fully Musbergered, you dirty old man.

2) - AJ's upper body is covered in hand drawn Jeebus tats and his head has a massive scar left over from a boating accident. So colorful. Discuss!

3) - Has the "it" factor. Can't be defined but you'll know it when you see it. (Massive head scar looks like a halo to some.)

4) - Doesn't require 25m commitment. 2017 salary less than 675k and won't be a RFA until 2018. Trade for and audition for 2 years at minimal real costs.

5) = Free Rustproofing. What do I have to do to put you in this QB today?

6) Sucks

Did McGoo beg you to enter the fray for him?

He already cried to WSS and had him change my screen name. What powers to you posses here Hoorta? Please dont take away all my reputation.

I have absolutely nothing to do with any of that. Not within my powers nor my responsibilities and I wouldn't have considered doing it in the first place anyway.

To tell you the truth I have no idea why it happened, unless you are a Squeelers fan.

WSS

Sorry to implicate you.

I hate the Steelers. Their fans come out like cock roaches when they win and hide when they lose. I hardly saw any this year because they knew deep down the team wasnt that good. They suck.

Having your name changed is a badge of honour round here for visiting fans. You know you're making an impression when you get an 'affectionate' new nickname. Don't take that too personally.

I think its a qb weak draft. As an indication, the Browns are rumored to be taking Garrett with the first pick when franchise QB is clearly the biggest need.

Having said that, some other team looking for a new QB in 2017 will step up and trade for Garapplolo. I believe at worst NE will get a 2018 1st round pick.

we need a Vet QB.we have a rook in Kessler. Our #33 is the closest to a 1st the hoodie will find. make this happen. still good talent in 4th, but we'll give Pats a top 5th also

Garropolo is just not right for the Browns.

I do like the Browns taking Perry at 12. Some think he could be the next Ed Reed.

give me OJ Howard or Hooker at 12. micheal dean Perry is tired as in retired.wife says am going shopping, oh joy

Leading the Vikings to that 8 - 8 record. Right in the meaty part of the curve. Attaboy Sam.

Once you've retreated to team record with no evidence of a QBs contribution to it, then you've lost...

6) Sucks

I was going to go with "clear coat and floor mats"...

we need a Vet QB.we have a rook in Kessler. Our #33 is the closest to a 1st the hoodie will find. make this happen. still good talent in 4th, but we'll give Pats a top 5th also

Good point. Also keep in mind, the #1 ranked defense in points allowed working in tandem with Tom Brady and an offense that will get Gronk back healthy (for however long that seems to last) always attracts talented FAs that BB can pick and choose from. When you can backup a Gronk with Bennett and you're still elite at TE - how much does life suck in NE? This means BB doesn't have to find many/any new starters or situational rotation guys in 2017 to necessitate us giving him too many 2017 picks. I'm thinking he has a situation that allows him to be patient enough to ask for some 2018 picks and/or possibly an early 2019 choice. Also, if he knows deep down JG won't be the answer we think he can be for our situation - he'll realize he can put himself in ideal position for a much better QB class the year Brady turns 41 years old. How about watching NE land a QB like USC's Sam Darnold to stop people from worrying about Brady's visit from Father Time?

My biggest worry about trading is we're not talented enough or deep enough to feel good about the risk of it all. The reason I told a buddy I liked the thought of AJ McCarron is because he should be a FA in 2018 with familiarity of Hue's offense. Not only that, he erased a late 4th quarter deficit in the post season before Hill fumbled inside the red zone leading up to Burfict and Pac Man Jones 45 yards in penalties to put Pitt in game winning FG position. Dalton never came that close to winning a post season game. Anyway, the intrigue there is we wouldn't have to lose decent/keeper caliber personnel to acquire a QB.

The rich get richer because they don't knee jerk themselves into despair. BB wasn't always like that if we remember his melt down when the Jets took his heart throb TE Kyle Brady.He responded with Craig Powell in the upper half of round 1. He also drafted Touchdown-free Tommy Vardell in another 1st round before he grew fond of the idea to trade back for more picks that has never stopped working well for him in NE.

Timely (as in within the last hour) article in Fan-sided's Dawg Pound Daily on this subject...

I was going to post only some choice excerpts, but I think it warrants posting in its entirety with emphasis added to key points. It includes links to other interesting articles.

Browns are not trading a first-round pick for Jimmy Garoppolo

by Thomas Moore

The Cleveland Browns may be interested in Jimmy Garoppolo as their next quarterback, but any trade scenario involving a first-round pick is ludicrous.

As we continue to count down the days until the start of the new league year on March 9, rumors will swirl about the Cleveland Browns and their ongoing search for a franchise quarterback.

Speculation will focus on drafting a quarterback, signing one in free agency or making a trade for the presumed “best available” quarterback.

It is in that last category that we find New England Patriots backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, who has become the one and only for media members and fans alike after throwing 94 total passes in his three years with the Patriots.

Related: There is no winning a bidding war for Jimmy Garoppolo

There are two parts to any discussion about Garoppolo as the future quarterback for the Browns.

The first centers around the idea of whether or not he is worth trading for in the first place. It has been well established that – outside of lucking into Tom Brady – Patriots head coach Bill Belichick is horrible when it comes to drafting quarterbacks. It is also a complete myth that quarterbacks simply get better by being around Belichick and Brady.

But for the sake of today’s argument, we’ll work under the assumption that the Browns have done their homework, have watched each of those 94 glorious passes in full, and have come to the conclusion that Garoppolo is the man who head coach Hue Jackson wants to hitch his wagon to.

That leads to the second, and just as important, question of how much should the Browns be willing to give up for Garoppolo.

It was presented early on that the Patriots would want a first-round pick for a player they selected with the 62nd overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft. And since the Browns hold a pair of first-round picks (No. 1 and No. 12) they of course would be willing to part with one of those in a trade for a quarterback with 94 career passes.

That has always been a puzzling idea as it is hard to see how a player’s value can appreciate when they spend three years doing nothing.

Pro Football Focus tackled that very subject in a post on Saturday as they try to determine how much is too much to give up in a trade for Garoppolo.

Possibly the most important line in the article – and one that far too many Browns fans simply dismiss – is this one:

• “If Garoppolo is that good, the Patriots should seriously consider keeping him and even franchise tagging him next offseason.”

It’s great that Brady says he wants to keep playing well into his 40s, and of course the Patriots are going to do everything they can to push that line of thinking, but the reality is that quarterbacks playing well into their 40s doesn’t happen.

But let’s go along with the idea that the Patriots simply must trade Garoppolo. So what should the Browns give up in return?

PFF writer John Kosko used an updated draft chart created by Kevin Meerswho just happens to be the Browns director of research and strategy – to place a value on Garoppolo and determined that the No. 12 overall pick in this year’s draft and a fourth-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft would be enough to pry away a generational talent from the Patriots.

But then Kosko points out just how ludicrous that plan would be for the Browns:

• … the Browns’ analytical approach covets draft picks, and if that fourth-round pick Cleveland trades is near the top of the round, that package is the equivalent of the fourth overall pick in the draft, based on the chart. Simply put, increasing the value of Garoppolo 58 spots in the draft based on six quarters of play is unlikely. Any conversation that starts with a straight first and fourth for Garoppolo won’t have legs when it comes to the Browns.
  • Another popular trade scenario is trading two second-round picks for Garoppolo. If the Browns trade both of their later second-round picks in 2017 (pick 50) and in 2018 (not set, but assume 50 again), that’s valuing Garoppolo as the 10th overall pick—another unlikely trade scenario.

The Browns clearly need to do something to fix the quarterback position. They are not going to win until they do, and if they head into the 2017 season with Robert Griffin III and Cody Kessler as the top two quarterbacks on the roster they will be well on their way to the top overall selection in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Garoppolo may well be the quarterback that Jackson wants and if that is the case the Browns need to see if they can work out a deal with the Patriots.

Next: Browns fans need to chill on Myles Garrett video

But if those trade talks don’t start with executive vice president of football operations Sashi Brown stating that the first-round picks are off the table, then this new regime may not be as smart as portrayed.

http://dawgpounddaily.com/2017/02/12/cleveland-browns-jimmy-garoppolo-3/

Browns fans beg for a veteran QB. No more rookies they plead.

Well, as if on cue the Bengals front office wants to remind you AJ McCarron is no rookie. Just this week multiple Bengal front office types (Tobin/Lippincott) give multiple interviews proclaiming McCarron is now too valuable to trade. They ask aloud, what's an experienced backup QB worth to a playoff contending team like the Bengals? Plenty, they say.

And of course all of this trade talk prompts Bengals beat writer Paul Daugherty to write about how much the Bengals would regret trading McCarron for what will amount to a few magic draft beans. McCarron has it, says Daugherty. Might be better than Dalton.

Now Ian Rappaport says the Browns aren't the only team sniffin' round McCarron. Apparently the Bears have concluded Garappolo will cost way too much in draft picks and actual cash and are looking for a less expensive player who fits the same description. Rappaports article prompts a Chicago beat writer to claim the Bears are adamant about trying to find a young QB who already has several years of NFL experience on an NFL roster learning scheme, like McCarron, who has a handful of NFL starts, and one start in a playoff game, and most important....thousands of practice reps and countless hours of film study in a pass heavy NFL scheme. (In Cleveland he wouldn't even need to learn new terminology.)

Meanwhile, Garoppolo. Square peg, round hole.

Funnier still, after commiting blindly from day one to Garappolo by giving him a massive new 4-5 year contract Jimmy G will show up, give a press conference giving thanks and blessings, and then report to work eager to learn from Cody Kessler.

It wasn't that long ago when NE was trying to fool teams into Vanilla Ice Jr (Mallett).

And all the former Patriot employees that brought Matt Cassell to KC got fired when he wasn't anything close to the 10 game winner he was 1 year under BB in NE. BB got the Cinderella story before midnight while KC got the toothless hag after midnight for 10x the cap hit.

It wasn't that long ago when NE was trying to fool teams into Vanilla Ice Jr (Mallett).

And all the former Patriot employees that brought Matt Cassell to KC got fired when he wasn't anything close to the 10 game winner he was 1 year under BB in NE. BB got the Cinderella story before midnight while KC got the toothless hag after midnight for 10x the cap hit.

But it's SOOO different with Garropolo. Boo just doesn't get it- the Vikings giving up a first round pick for Bradford was a humongous anomaly. Any comparison between Bradford and Garropolo is laughable.

Why

Why? because why would Bill keep a guy That has 55 attempts, 308 passing yards, and got shut out by the Bills be a better option that your hero Jimmy? Seriously- you're bordering on trolling. Oh, he's still on his rookie contract? So is Garropolo.

13 pages on someone that's highly likely to never play a down for the Browns haha

Yes London. Tour's post gives the same arguments we've been telling Boo- people looking at the situation with an objective eye. It did strike me that from a Browns point of view, looks like the Patriots have fired up the media hype machine about Jimmy- did Bill pay a few people off? Of course we KNOW Bill has Lombardi in his back pocket. I'm considering shutting down this thread- it's gotten to the point we're beating a dead horse.

You guys realize that this is not real life right?

Belichick did not send me to negotiate with the Fantasy GMs here. Some of you get downright upset like youre the ones handing over the draft pick.Nothing said or done here will have any effect on the outcome of this topic. Sorry fellas. The Browns and Patriots front offices are not following this thread debating on what to do next.

Not reality, at least for me anyway.

Come on! We are followers of Kellyanne Conway here! We have alternative facts! :lol:

That article is a bit misleading to me. It makes it sound like fact that the Browns won't trade a first round pick for JG. Did they get a statement from our front office that I missed? I don't think anybody truly knows what the heck is going on in terms of the deal that MIGHT happen for the guy. The last deal I can think of that is somewhat similar to the possible JG trade was the Matt Schaub situation. Remember when Schaub played a bit in Atlanta and looked pretty darn good in backup duty? He was eventually traded to Houston for a second round pick, and I'm not sure what else. I could mistaken, as it was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure a second rounder was involved. Many people remember the end of Schaub's career, and it wasn't pretty, but before that, he strung together a few really good years. To put that into perspective, I think most Browns' fans would be absolutely THRILLED with 3 years of solid, if not spectacular, play.

If we can get JG for a 2nd and 4th...I do it IMMEDIATELY.

The ATL/HOU deal was:

Schaub + 2007 #10 <==> 2007 #8 + 2007 R2 + 2008 R3

Why

Because it is clear as can be that Brisett is nothing special... and that take tends to taint JG by extension.

Archived