THE BROWNS BOARD

"It's a shock to everybody on this team"

Lumbergh

Hank Fraley: "That was the coaches' decision," he said. "Maybe they feel like he (Quinn) will bring a spark. It's tough because Derek is a great guy, a team leader and a captain. We just haven't been playing well around him. It's a shock to everybody on this team. It's their decision and we're going to have to live with it."

now there's a ringing endorsement of Quinn if I ever heard one.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80c326c5&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true">http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true</a><!-- m -->

EXAMPLE: Going back about as far as we archive posts here, I've been studying this myth that Lums (one person) caused a very large group of people here to become haters and turn ugly, diminishing the forum. I will edit the violating following post to point out the ugliness and it's roots.

Lum's puts up a post, providing a quote from an Offensive lineman. It's of topic (Browns), of-date at the time, and News worthy. All within the rules.

Watch how things go so sour, who causes them to go sour, and why.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are shocked now. Just wait until they see how hard life is when your quarterback only throws 40 miles an hour and thinks that NFL coverages are soft like oven fresh baked bread.

I hope Brady's ladies enjoy the halftime show and the cute way Brady fixes his hair after he takes his helmet off because Brady the cuteB is gonna be an eyesore between hashmarks.

I will try my best not to laugh out loud.

(EDIT: Could be construed as a personal counter-attack, but isn't really addressing a member of this forum specifically)

its no shock to me lummy dummy///we all saw it comming///except maybe you....

(EDIT: another attack on the poster and not the message)

Here's something: The Oregon Manwagon Society will be all over Quinn if he doesn't light it up immediately, yet we were constantly reminded how DA deserved more time over and over to the tune of twenty something starts.

So, Lums and anti Browns fans, keep that in mind before you start jacking off after every incompletion.

Oh, and any Browns player "that was completely shocked by this" is living in a dream world. Apparently, they don't read the stats.

(EDIT: 'Labeled' ... later on this member was made into a Moderator and given Admin controls, but our Moderation team is accused of "protecting Lums")

Guest ATENEARS
Here's something: The Oregon Manwagon Society will be all over Quinn if he doesn't light it up immediately, yet we were constantly reminded how DA deserved more time over and over to the tune of twenty something starts.

So, Lums and anti Browns fans, keep that in mind before you start jacking off after every incompletion.

Oh, and any Browns player "that was completely shocked by this" is living in a dream world. Apparently, they don't read the stats.

Well buckle up because I'm afraid we are in this for the long hual, because even if Brady throws for 320 yards and 4 TD's, it will still be 8yrds and a TD shy of what Anderson did out of the gate last season so no side is gonna shake one another for a berry-berry long time, I'm afraid.

Here's to the other 21 starters improving!

(EDIT: was this the first post in this thread that didn't attack anyone? ... hmm, and we lost this guy because he backed Lums)

Well buckle up because I'm afraid we are in this for the long hual, because even if Brady throws for 320 yards and 4 TD's, it will still be 8yrds and a TD shy of what Anderson did out of the gate last season so no side is gonna shake one another for a berry-berry long time, I'm afraid.

Here's to the other 21 starters improving!

HAHAHA.... you are going to compare already to ONE game??? LMAO - omg, I cannot take it any longer. My freaking 10 year old has more football common sense than you.

(EDIT: A new attack, this time on the one poster who hasn't attacked anyone yet .... FAST-FORWARD: This thread was written 11-months ago and the guy that this fella calls out only warned everyone that this was going to be a long haul, which it has)

Spoken like a true fan....

look in the mirror inspecta, you've been crossing your fingers hoping for a pick every time DA dropped back for 2 years now.

There's a lot of "true fans" who are going to be tested in their ability to maintain their pledge of judging QB's objectively coming up soon.

(EDIT: Again, I don't have a problem with this personal attack, because once the second member called the first on a personal level, he now brings himself into play .... )

Hey you TRUE fans...LOL.

If Brady has ANYTHING over the 31st QB RATING it will be an IMPROVEMENT!!!!

I don't care if he throws as soft as a baby's ass as long as he's MORE consistantly BETTER than the INCONSISTANT #31ST RATED QB in the F***in NFL.

True Browns fans hoping for his failure out of the gate...look in the mirror. Or trade the Browns jerseys you may own for Oregon Jerseys since you lost your way.

Talk about embarrasing.

Lums is a very odd and strange person indeed. Apparently, those of us who have bled Browns and Orange for 30 some years have been waiting all along for one thing, and that's Brady Queen to start. Meanwhile, we've rooted against everything we could at QB all these years waiting hoping they'd fail.

Sounds logical to me.

I don't care if he throws as soft as a baby's ass as long as he's MORE consistantly BETTER than the INCONSISTANT #31ST RATED QB in the F***in NFL.

what if he gets sacked a half-dozen times?

(EDIT: No flaming, but a Legit question ... that also came into play this year. I point this out for all the 'Your dumb' responses skipped over above)

Of course it was a shock. They knew RAC had no intension of starting Quinn.

That's why the team was shocked. Not because DA is an ass or Quinn isn't qualified.

You're implying they were shocked because DA is the end-all-to-be-all and Quinn is some schmo off the streets. That isn't the case.

its no shock to me lummy dummy///we all saw it comming///except maybe you....

...and the rest of the team. Did you read the quote?

Here is a little bit of info for you lumdum... what did you think the players were going to say? "Yeah, we saw it coming all season and Derek Anderson sucks?" They are being nice to someone that was their teammate and friend. If you think they did not see this coming, you are a fool.

(EDIT: We even allow the Steeler Fag to dump on Lums .... Where is this "Oh poor us, the Mods need to save us from Lums! cry? ... it's not showing up here)

I think the writing was on the wall lums the only thing that shocked most of us is the untimely qb change just 3 days before a thursday night game most of us were calling for a change after thursdays game and the players arent going to get into a conversation about how glad they are that bq is starting thats off limits but the players actions on the sidelines and on the field the last few games had already made it clear to me that this team was ready for a new qb...

All we can do now is hope bq can live up to his expectations or in lums case hope he cant...

LUM: Please go away, your time here is done

ATE: Not sure what you have against BQ, give it a rest please.

ORANGE: Get the F out, you're not even a Browns fan.

(EDIT: Here's a guy that goes straight for the triple whammy. What does ANY of this have to do with the topic of a lineman quote?)

Why is DumbLum still here? It's over for your master DA. Leave please.

(EDIT: more personal attacks, nothing to do with the subject. Oh wait, our Mods were supposed to protect this guy from the topic starter, and should have never forced him to read a thread that has Lums name on the door as the topic starter ... dumb Mods)

LUM: Please go away, your time here is done

ATE: Not sure what you have against BQ, give it a rest please.

ORANGE: Get the F out, you're not even a Browns fan.

amen

(EDIT: Apparently the 'Thanks' button wasn't installed back then, and we forced this guy to click on the subject title, read to this point and post without addressing the subject)

Considering DA survived a 22 QBR game...and a 57 QBR game...and a myriad other games in which he sucked far worse....of course the team was shocked. He actually had a pretty decent game other than the INT and put some points on the board against a good defense...

But hey, this FO hasn't done anything that looks like it makes sense...so now is as good a time as any.

(EDIT: On topic)

What do you expect the rest of the team to say ? DA is still on the team, they're not going to say that they're glad he got benched or that they wanted Brady to start for weeks. They have to be politically correct in what they say to the media so that they don't get themselves in trouble with the FO or their teammates.

Standard answer. Smart move when someone is shoving a recorder in your face.

They support DA because he is a teammate. He still is a teammate. Da is still on the roster.

Here's the next player quote concerning Quinn;

"Brady's a good guy and a good qb. He works heard every week in practice to make sure he's ready in case something were to happen to DA. Now he's the starter and it's our job to go out there and get the job done. Doesn't matter who starts at what position, the job is the same."

They picked a great week to make the change. 3 days? But for all we know this was the plan all along barring injury or an 0-4 start (apparently we were ok with an 0-3)! DA gets half the year and BQ gets half. Regardless of which guy you like it only makes sense to see them both in action before you're forced to make a decision at the end of the year.

I know we've all been debating the whole trade value thing... I think Phil let that go weeks ago. He rented DA for a year. Now he'll see BQ. 8 more weeks and I hope we have an answer to the position.

Or maybe Phil busted out the calculator. Maybe he didn't make this move sooner because he wanted to make sure BQ didn't have a lot of time to hit a lot of the incentives in his contract for this year. Crazier things have happened.

Fraley is confident Quinn will be ready to step into the spotlight.

"He's young, so you don't know what to expect but he has worked hard and he'll be ready," Fraley said. "Derek and the other quarterbacks are always together, 24-7. Brady is always prepared because as a backup you are always one play away. He's been doing it the whole season.

"I know Brady has been waiting for his turn and I'm not sure this is the way he envisioned getting it. We're going to play hard for whoever is back there, and now it's Brady."

Mort on ESPN says this Thursday makes more sense for a Quinn start as the Bills Monday night in Buffalo is a taller order.

"He's young, so you don't know what to expect but he has worked hard and he'll be ready," Fraley said. "Derek and the other quarterbacks are always together, 24-7. Brady is always prepared because as a backup you are always one play away. He's been doing it the whole season.

"I know Brady has been waiting for his turn and I'm not sure this is the way he envisioned getting it. We're going to play hard for whoever is back there, and now it's Brady."

Now this is what is called the "standard answer"

You homos who've tried to say that Fraley's statement "it's a shock" is a standard answer are lost in a Naked Brady Quinn dream like Mike Golic......You can be my hero baby to the tune of Enrique Iglesias

(EDIT: Now he reaches to the level of the posters who have baited him this far, but he is staying within the topic.)

Seriously? Fighting that we are taking out a QB that can barely make more than 1 complete pass in a game for a QB that showed a lot of promise and passion in the preseason? All in all even if BQ doesn't live up to his potential, it's highly unlikely that he will do any worse than DA. I mean come on, we are "fans" right? So shouldn't we want the best for our team? DA obviously isn't getting the job done if they had to bench his multi-million dollar contract butt and put in the second string. Last time I checked Browns coaches did know a little about football even if it doesn't seem like it some games.

(EDIT: Someone asserts a level head, very good ... unfortunately, this member probably left the forum shortly after, never to be heard from again.)

You homos who've tried to say that Fraley's statement "it's a shock" is a standard answer are lost in a Naked Brady Quinn dream like Mike Golic......You can be my hero baby to the tune of Enrique Iglesias

Truth be known, Fraley hasn't played all that well this year either, and he's a captain. A few more games of whiffing against guys like Ngata and he won't have a job, either.

You either perform in the NFL or not, what your buddy teammates have to say means shit.

(EDIT: On topic, about Fraley and his comments look like a miss today, but on topic)

Well sure, all of these guys take the Crash Davis course of talking to the media.

This is the right move weather is works out or not. We have to see what we have in Quinn and this is the perfect spot. We still have a chance this year, all be it a small chance so we will not be playing 2nd string players and we will get a true evaluation on Quinn. One of these QB's will be gone next year and we have to know what we have in Quinn.

Now Lum, I have a feeling you will be rooting for Quinn and the Browns to fail so you can say I told you so. The only reason I bring that up is because you stated that about everyone that was calling for Quinn. I backed Anderson every game because is was the BROWNS QB even though I thought we needed a change. We will soon see!!

(EDIT: I have no problem with this, he addresses Lums, but not with a ball bat)

Okay Lums, now you're just trolling, clean it up and stop acting like a complete ass or your posts will continue to disappear. Play your games, but enough of the "Browns fans root to lose and the QB to fail" bullshit.

Your act is beyond old and tired, you have become stupid Pitt fan.

(EDIT: ROFLMAO, now the Mod steps in to reprimand Lums and informs 'him' to clean it up ... what was that about you guys saying that we fueled Lums, backed Lums and that is why you all continued???)

Archived