THE BROWNS BOARD

Trubisky

I might take the Titans deal if it was really a possibility. But I'd be surprised if we did. And if we didn't help pissed off or you're going to be if Trubisky falls to 12, just in case the Jets want one of the other also-rans, or below assuming the Browns didn't really want him?

WSS

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might take the Titans deal if it was really a possibility. But I'd be surprised if we did. And if we didn't help pissed off or you're going to be if Trubisky falls to 12, just in case the Jets want one of the other also-rans, or below assuming the Browns didn't really want him?

??? Decoder ring is in the shop for repair...

I'll put my GM hat on for a second. If Mitch is still on the board @ #5, I pull the trigger on a trade up, as long as the asking price isn't much more than one of our seconds (not #33). Trading up any higher than that will cost too much, and I have a feeling the teams in the 2-4 slots wouldn't be too keen on moving down to #12.

As Sashi said in his presser- they're starting to get a feeling what teams drafting ahead of #12 might be thinking. And he acknowledged there's always the chance a team might draft a player you don't expect them to.

So yeah Tour- the only sure way to get both Myles and Mitch is to trade up to #2- I'm against that scenario, and it's not rocket science to opine that move isn't in Sashi's playbook either.

I said the Miami desk, which was just a second rounder to move up 10 spots.

Yeah I know. But in the Browns case, they're going to get extorted for the qb premium- the only reason I could see Cleveland wanting to move up.

i just don't get the feeling the browns are going to move up very far, if they do at all. Sashi even said, they like having lots of draft picks in the first few rounds and know they need to still add lots of talent to this roster. This puts them in a great spot to do such a thing. Even though they are willing to move up, it would have to be for the right price. I'm not sure they are going to surrender the farm for to do it, especially when they need help in lots of places. Personally, I would love to see them go MG, Defense again at 12 and 33 and then move up to grab a qb with 52. I really think that only 2 of those guys are going in the first round.

Hopefully we are in the spot where we feel good about more than just one QB and are unafraid to wait it out. Or we just think 2018 looks far better and don't jump for anyone this year. Build the D and we would be just about ready to drop in a QB next year who would not have to match scores with every possession. I like Rosen a lot but did not see enough of Darnold to offer any opinion. But most pickers have him rated better than Rosen, who looked better as a pure passer to me than anyone this year. Just MO.

Hopefully we are in the spot where we feel good about more than just one QB and are unafraid to wait it out. Or we just think 2018 looks far better and don't jump for anyone this year. Build the D and we would be just about ready to drop in a QB next year who would not have to match scores with every possession. I like Rosen a lot but did not see enough of Darnold to offer any opinion. But most pickers have him rated better than Rosen, who looked better as a pure passer to me than anyone this year. Just MO.

We had one good Rosen in Cleveland sports. Al Rosen.

And I thought he was in the Baseball HOF, but perhaps not.

i just don't get the feeling the browns are going to move up very far, if they do at all. Sashi even said, they like having lots of draft picks in the first few rounds and know they need to still add lots of talent to this roster. This puts them in a great spot to do such a thing. Even though they are willing to move up, it would have to be for the right price. I'm not sure they are going to surrender the farm for to do it, especially when they need help in lots of places. Personally, I would love to see them go MG, Defense again at 12 and 33 and then move up to grab a qb with 52. I really think that only 2 of those guys are going in the first round.

I would love to see the same thing, but I think we're dreaming wanting that to happen.

How many QBs in the 1st is going to depend on when the first is taken.

If the Jets kick it off at #6, they could trigger a run. If on the other hand a couple QB needy teams trade down early with teams eager for D help, then maybe we do at 12... and possibly trigger a mid-round run. Either run could easily produce four taken.

But if we pass on a passer at 12, then, yeah, one or two... with maybe a third late in a trade up to secure that "valuable" 5th-year option.

How many QBs in the 1st is going to depend on when the first is taken.

If the Jets kick it off at #6, they could trigger a run. If on the other hand a couple QB needy teams trade down early with teams eager for D help, then maybe we do at 12... and possibly trigger a mid-round run. Either run could easily produce four taken.

But if we pass on a passer at 12, then, yeah, one or two... with maybe a third late in a trade up to secure that "valuable" 5th-year option.

The "Run" could start earlier than that. In theory, you could have 3 QBs taken by pick #6. It could happen, not that I predict that it will...but, it could.

i just heard on the radio that there have been discussions about the 9ers taking Watson at 2 which would be hilarious and great for the Browns.

Assume this happens. Then come Da Bears. While they have Glennon, do they think he is QB of the future? Still don't count them out of the QB derby.

While it may be 10% that Jags are interested in a QB...you just never know.

i just heard on the radio that there have been discussions about the 9ers taking Watson at 2 which would be hilarious and great for the Browns.

Smoke to generate a high powered trade down by a QB needy team like the JETS or Bills. SF needs to do what we did last year, trade down to get a lot more picks in the future.

Smoke to generate a high powered trade down by a QB needy team like the JETS or Bills. SF needs to do what we did last year, trade down to get a lot more picks in the future.

Not to mention the Jags GM saying yesterday that they've not yet made the decision on whether to exercise their 5th-year option on Bortles...

I think it is all a smokescreen. I don't think a single qb will be off the board by the time the browns pick at #12. SF will trade down to #8 with Carolina. Buffalo will jump up with the Jets. I think the browns will throw an offer out there to move-up, but if it is not within reason they will stay put at 12 and wait for the qb's to fall. No way the jets go qb or the bills. Not with both having "defensive" coaches on the staff. The jets need to win this year for Fowles to keep his job, hence McCown. Bills just re-signed TT to a reasonable contract. They will add someone later but not in the first. NO is tempting due to Brees age, but i think that #32 pick is more likely than the #11. I'll take a stab at how I think it all shakes out:

1.) Cleveland: Myles Garrett

2.) Carolina: Leonard Fournette

3.) Chicago: Solomon Thomas

4.) Jacksonville: Jonathan Allen

5.) Tennessee: Jamal Adams

6.) Buffalo: Marshon Lattimore

7.) LA Chargers: Malik Hooker

8.) San Francisco: Christian McCaffrey

9.) Cincinnati: Reuben Foster

10.) NY Jets; OJ Howard

11.) NO: Hasaan Reddick

12.) Cleveland: Mitchell Trubisky

I have one more crazy scenario. If Hooker, Adams, Trubisky or Allen are still on the board at 12, The browns will take the best Defensive player and then trade with AZ to get the #13 pick. My guess is it takes 33, 5th, and a second rounder next year. It would be completely unexpected but that would be the time to make a deal such as that. AZ seems like the perfect team that would want to trade down especially with that #33 pick that has tons of value. They can still get their WR or DB with that pick.

I think it is all a smokescreen. I don't think a single qb will be off the board by the time the browns pick at #12. SF will trade down to #8 with Carolina. Buffalo will jump up with the Jets. I think the browns will throw an offer out there to move-up, but if it is not within reason they will stay put at 12 and wait for the qb's to fall. No way the jets go qb or the bills. Not with both having "defensive" coaches on the staff. The jets need to win this year for Fowles to keep his job, hence McCown. Bills just re-signed TT to a reasonable contract. They will add someone later but not in the first. NO is tempting due to Brees age, but i think that #32 pick is more likely than the #11. I'll take a stab at how I think it all shakes out:

1.) Cleveland: Myles Garrett

2.) Carolina: Leonard Fournette

3.) Chicago: Solomon Thomas

4.) Jacksonville: Jonathan Allen

5.) Tennessee: Jamal Adams

6.) Buffalo: Marshon Lattimore

7.) LA Chargers: Malik Hooker

8.) San Francisco: Christian McCaffrey

9.) Cincinnati: Reuben Foster

10.) NY Jets; OJ Howard

11.) NO: Hasaan Reddick

12.) Cleveland: Mitchell Trubisky

I have one more crazy scenario. If Hooker, Adams, Trubisky or Allen are still on the board at 12, The browns will take the best Defensive player and then trade with AZ to get the #13 pick. My guess is it takes 33, 5th, and a second rounder next year. It would be completely unexpected but that would be the time to make a deal such as that. AZ seems like the perfect team that would want to trade down especially with that #33 pick that has tons of value. They can still get their WR or DB with that pick.

Not sure about the "crazy", but the movement and picks in the top 12 are well reasoned...

I agree, I watched a live stream on YouTube that was centered around what the 49ers should do at 2, and all the niners fans who called in wanted to trade down. The host had to remind everyone that trading down was not an option, and they'd have to pick a player.

Not to say that the fans have any say in what the front office will do, but I'd think if San Fran had they opportunity, they'd love to trade down and acquire more picks. The 49ers are an absolute shit show and they need all the help they can get.

Sadly, MT was at the Bulls game and the crowd booed him when his face went on the jumbotron. So fuck you Chicago we'll take him back when his rookie contract is up.

Give the Bears Oz, Kizer and a two second rounders next year and we'll take Trubisky and next years first rounder plus David fucking Putney!

Sadly, MT was at the Bulls game and the crowd booed him when his face went on the jumbotron

lol! That is sooo funny. My best buddy is one of those D'uh Bears fans who is boooing the pick as well...... He texted me Friday morning, and I quote: "So this is what it's like to be a Browns fan". lmao.

They presented him with a bulls #10 jersey, I bet that went in the trash He's a Cavs fan dumbasses

Hey... who poked the fat kid and woke him up?

Must be killing him to be so wrong...

Give the Bears Oz, Kizer and a two second rounders next year and we'll take Trubisky and next years first rounder plus David fucking Putney!

lol

Sorry Bud. Between the eyes and too lazy to check the speech to text glitches sometimes this crap gets by me.

The hypothetical jaguars pick trade down to four. Which wouldn't have mattered since the bears traded up to 3.

And honestly number four is too high for Mitch. He was my favorite of the quarterbacks. Once he was gone all the rest might as well have been 4th round picks. And Mitch himself probably only worth a 3rd.

And it doesn't matter now.

WSS

Sorry Bud. Between the eyes and too lazy to check the speech to text glitches sometimes this crap gets by me.

The hypothetical jaguars pick trade down to four. Which wouldn't have mattered since the bears traded up to 3.

And honestly number four is too high for Mitch. He was my favorite of the quarterbacks. Once he was gone all the rest might as well have been 4th round picks. And Mitch himself probably only worth a 3rd.

And it doesn't matter now.

No problem, my friend...

Prelim plan being formualted to slide thru CLE last half of June. So will need your play dates...

No problem, my friend...

Prelim plan being formualted to slide thru CLE last half of June. So will need your play dates...

Not sure if you are to grubby to use facebook but there is westside steve simmons.

Or Steve W Simmons My regular facebook page.

www.westsidesteve.com

Has the schedule but the Facebook pages are easier to update quickly.

WSS

Archived