THE BROWNS BOARD

Trubisky

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many people like to point to Trubisky's lack of starting experience as a downside to drafting him, and I totally understand that view. If you're drafting a QB, you certainly want more than ONE season of tape to evaluate such an important position. However, I think his lack of experience can also be somewhat of a feather in his cap. If Mitch can learn how to be a starting QB in one season in college, play at a high level all year, have some giant wins (one on the road against FSU), and showcase some pretty awesome abilities...I think it's impressive. Perhaps that ability to quickly acclimate to starting will follow him to the NFL? I know it might be a stretch, but think about it: How many QB's IMMEDIATELY blow up their first year starting? Obviously it's happened several times before, but that doesn't mean it's any less impressive. The guy earned the starting job, took care of the football, and played well in most of the games this past season. Many people want to point to his last game bowl game as an example of a poor performance, and they'd be mostly correct. It was definitely NOT his best game. However, he STILL had his team in a position to tie that game up, and that was AFTER his players literally dropped three touchdown passes IN THE LAST DRIVE, LOL.

Am I completely sold on the guy? Nope. Is he the guy I want most out of ALL these potential rookies? Yep.

Am I completely sold on the guy? Nope. Is he the guy I want most out of ALL these potential rookies? Yep.

Glass half full?

Best I can do is... of 2017's "top" prospects, Trubs is the one I dislike the least.

Yup.... half empty.

Anyone that does not put his name to his opinions has no credibility. So...OK, this guy says "not top 10. So we take him at 12 hopefully.

But I bet he don't drop that far.

And I have a pitcher of Margaritas riding on it with Stan.

jiggins-go watch the choke job at the end of the rival game with N.C. State. That dropped him out of the top 10 overall for me.

If you went by the fact that some player at some point in time seemed to have a "choke game".....then we would have never asked LeBron James to come back here after his choke job against the Celtics.

Tom Brady "choked" twice against the NYG in the Super Bowl.

Bernie Kosar "choked" against the Broncos in The Drive game (just ask Ghoolie).

Brett Favre choked how many games by being daring.

The other side of the coin is: how many games did he pull out of the fire. While I didn't see all of MTs games, I know that the team around him was not that good. In the games I saw he was constantly being run out of the pocket. Plus his receivers "choked" constantly...if you consider dropping a pass square in your hands a choke. But how many games did he win by his actions. Someone mentioned Fla State...and a few others.

I have heard where Garrett "choked" against Alabama. Here was his biggest test and they say he disappeared in that game.

So....since he also choked, should we write him off as well?

If you went by the fact that some player at some point in time seemed to have a "choke game".....then we would have never asked LeBron James to come back here after his choke job against the Celtics.

Tom Brady "choked" twice against the NYG in the Super Bowl.

Bernie Kosar "choked" against the Broncos in The Drive game (just ask Ghoolie).

Brett Favre choked how many games by being daring.

The other side of the coin is: how many games did he pull out of the fire. While I didn't see all of MTs games, I know that the team around him was not that good. In the games I saw he was constantly being run out of the pocket. Plus his receivers "choked" constantly...if you consider dropping a pass square in your hands a choke. But how many games did he win by his actions. Someone mentioned Fla State...and a few others.

I have heard where Garrett "choked" against Alabama. Here was his biggest test and they say he disappeared in that game.

So....since he also choked, should we write him off as well?

Yeah the one legged man "choked" with only one sack and a couple of tackles in the backfield with multiple double teams and plays away from him all game. You need to give Saban some credit for a correct game plan.

You are aware he did not go to the S.C. game the week before and was used mostly on 3rd downs when he could against Bama, right? This was two weeks out from the 2nd half high ankle sprain against Ark.

Yeah the one legged man "choked" with only one sack and a couple of tackles in the backfield with multiple double teams and plays away from him all game. You need to give Saban some credit for a correct game plan.

You are aware he did not go to the S.C. game the week before and was used mostly on 3rd downs when he could against Bama, right? This was two weeks out from the 2nd half high ankle sprain against Ark.

No I am not aware.....I really don't pay attention to Texas A&M games. I am not sure the game was even telecast here. This is Ohio State/Big Ten country. We don't get Goober TV here. :P

If the situation was as you describe...then why were people saying he "disappeared". I am only going by what I heard.

I'd throw MItch in with a bunch of white tipped sharks at St. John, USVI to see if he runs on water as well as Gip says he walks on water. :P

LOL. according to a certain Patriots fan, Garropolo has been seen going out to Nantucket- and he doesn't take the Ferry. :)

Listening to Mitch talk makes me think that he and Joey Bosa might somehow be related...

Well, Terry Bradshaw has never been confused with a Mensa candidate, I'd put Favre in the same category.

Not sure what that means. Unless it means, like Bosa that he will come in and perform well right away.

It just means they both start and end their sentences with 'um'.... Well, if Mitch starts week 1 in the NFL, that'll be his 14th start and I'm sure he'll do just fine.

Tell me again why it took him so long to win the starting job in college?

No I am not aware.....I really don't pay attention to Texas A&M games. I am not sure the game was even telecast here. This is Ohio State/Big Ten country. We don't get Goober TV here. :P

If the situation was as you describe...then why were people saying he "disappeared". I am only going by what I heard.

Total ignorance of the game. In fact the Aggies, because of the D, were still in it until late in the 3rd (2:18 to go) when the O gave up a fumble returned by Allen for a TD to go up 26-14.

Bama scored one more in the 4th when the game was out of reach. Garrett had 3.5 tackles for loss despite one wheel and limited action.

And there it is...

Piss up a rope. You expect me to devour every single college game played out there. I see plenty...and I hear about plenty.

I have a life and a wife you know.

Maybe you should think about getting one of each.

Perhaps your complaint should be about the accuracy of what is reported about these games. Commentators on ESPN said Gayrett disappeared in the Bama game......and these guys did see that game. So, what am I supposed to think? That you Texas goat fuckers know more than the guys reporting on ESPN?

That you Texas goat fuckers know more than the guys reporting on ESPN?

I grew up on 3 acres, and my friends always called me "goat roper"...... looks like I got off easy.

I grew up on 3 acres, and my friends always called me "goat roper"...... looks like I got off easy.

I was going to say Goat roper...but I decided to spice it up a bit. (and maybe in the case of some of our Texas denizens here...make it more accurate... :lol: )

Piss up a rope. You expect me to devour every single college game played out there. I see plenty...and I hear about plenty.

I have a life and a wife you know.

Maybe you should think about getting one of each.

Perhaps your complaint should be about the accuracy of what is reported about these games. Commentators on ESPN said Gayrett disappeared in the Bama game......and these guys did see that game. So, what am I supposed to think? That you Texas goat fuckers know more than the guys reporting on ESPN?

A simple search of the game summary along with game stats reveals all you need to know. Add to the FACT he could not play against SC the week before and did not even make the trip and those same reporters saying he played injured most of the year are also facts that somehow you just ignore. So why is it those same experts all agree he is the overwhelming 1st player who should be picked in this draft?

So yeah we know more about that game and fucking goats than they do apparently. :lol:

A simple search of the game summary along with game stats reveals all you need to know. Add to the FACT he could not play against SC the week before and did not even make the trip and those same reporters saying he played injured most of the year are also facts that somehow you just ignore. So why is it those same experts all agree he is the overwhelming 1st player who should be picked in this draft?

So yeah we know more about that game and fucking goats than they do apparently. :lol:

The experts don't know what they're talking about, haven't you read anything Gip has said?

That is, unless they're talking about Trubisky...

Since my time on this board I don't believe Tour and myself have seen eye to eye on QB's.

I liked Garrett Gayson, he liked Petty. I liked Wentz he was camp Goff.

However my thought on Trubs were well echoed by him.

- Not at #1. If he's there at 12, being the best QB in the draft, I wouldn't be ecstatic but it wouldn't bother me at the same time. I just hope should that be the case, RT spot is solidified, mid round weapons can be found and we give this young man time to progress his game.

Why would I want to go to the trouble of doing that? It was a game between two teams I don't care much about...and a game that very well not have been telecast at the time. Plus, I was only reporting what others had said about him in that game. Maybe you take your time to confirm those statements.

The experts don't know what they're talking about, haven't you read anything Gip has said?

That is, unless they're talking about Trubisky...

Some of the experts don't like Trubisky either. And it is invariable that the experts always seem to disagree with each other.

But I at least hear what they have to say.

On the other hand, there is no reason to listen to what you say, because you are certainly no expert.

Joe T. clarifying ESPN's "reporting" of his comments on Trubs...

Joe ThomasVerified account @joethomas73

Just in case anybody was fooled by ESPN today, here's what I actually said yesterday on @923TheFan

C7smX1GVAAAFWqJ.jpg

Yes, I did. I signed, sealed and delivered that conversation. I know a lot more about colleges and their worthiness than you ever will. Well, maybe not ever. Some day you may have kids and you will have to evaluate colleges like I had to. Though, maybe in your case your maize and glazed eyes will make you insist on them going to your school.

I was not that venal.....and I also knew that the schools I attended were not a well rated academically as the schools I sent my kids to. Also, in my case, my kids had close to total control over where they went....subject to my approval.

I sent my son to THE top academic college in the state. (and certainly better than the school you went to) (and it was his choice to stay in state and not go out of state). And now he is in the process of getting his Ph.D. from an Ivy League school (Cornell). I sent my daughter to perhaps the #2 academic school in the state of Texas (second only to Rice). And in its class, it is considered the #1 regional university in the entire southwest USA. Her choice, but again subject my approval (and it warranted approval).

So don't even think for a moment that you know more about what constitutes a quality education than I do.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/regional-universities-west

Hahaha. No you don't man, no you don't.

You had no idea what you were talking about then and still don't.

Really, any other detail I go into here and I'll just come off as an asshole (I'm sure that's "more" of an asshole to some). I'm sorry, but Akron's Engineering is not "top notch" and Miami OH isn't "on par" with Michigan. I really don'y consider tiny little liberal arts schools "superior", but at that point we're comparing apples and oranges.

Joe T. clarifying ESPN's "reporting" of his comments on Trubs...

Joe Thomas‏Verified account @joethomas73

Just in case anybody was fooled by ESPN today, here's what I actually said yesterday on @923TheFan

C7smX1GVAAAFWqJ.jpg

My board donation just went to buying Ghoolie that Joe Thomas Jersey..It's your turn :lol:

Archived