THE BROWNS BOARD

Kamp Kizer

Zombo

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said it even when I was not a Kizer guy... If you haven't looked at his 2015 tape, then you have not seen him.

What can you do when 2016 adversity strikes Tour? You can suck it up, or get benched. Now you could argue Deshone had even less surrounding talent 2016 than Mitch, a pudster coach on top of it, and you'd be right. But that doesn't excuse the mistakes, and passes not in the same area code as the intended receiver. Mr. Smartypants claims he knew the game plan better than the coaches. He better drop that attitude pronto, or he's gonna be a coaching and teammate pariah in short order.

LOL

He's s a michigan fan.

That warrants otherwise.

:D

WSS

And his career success will forever be linked to the local kid we didn't get. The guy who bled brown & orange, and Cavs wine and gold. It's not his fault- but Kizer will have around one tenth of the slack Trubs would have gotten. Muck Fichigan.

What can you do when 2016 adversity strikes Tour? You can suck it up, or get benched. Now you could argue Deshone had even less surrounding talent 2016 than Mitch, a pudster coach on top of it, and you'd be right. But that doesn't excuse the mistakes, and passes not in the same area code as the intended receiver. Mr. Smartypants claims he knew the game plan better than the coaches. He better drop that attitude pronto, or he's gonna be a coaching and teammate pariah in short order.

You clearly haven't watched much Notre Dame football, so your evaluation on the subject is seemingly nothing more than personal preference.

Until you get over your butthurtness, you're going to see everything he says or does as a flaw, instead of seeing it for what it is. If Trubisky had claimed he was the most studious QB and that he gave his coach notes after the weekend, you'd likely be cleaning up the mess in your pants.

But because Kizer said it and you don't like him, he's got an attitude problem? Come on.

You're a grown up, act like it.

And his career success will forever be linked to the local kid we didn't get. The guy who bled brown & orange, and Cavs wine and gold. It's not his fault- but Kizer will have around one tenth of the slack Trubs would have gotten. Muck Fichigan.

We all bleed brown and orange, doesn't make us franchise quarterbacks.

The only thing Mitch had going for him was his local ties. Pining for him is so very beyond stupid it's unfathomable.

You clearly haven't watched much Notre Dame football, so your evaluation on the subject is seemingly nothing more than personal preference.

Until you get over your butthurtness, you're going to see everything he says or does as a flaw, instead of seeing it for what it is. If Trubisky had claimed he was the most studious QB and that he gave his coach notes after the weekend, you'd likely be cleaning up the mess in your pants.

But because Kizer said it and you don't like him, he's got an attitude problem? Come on.

The only thing Mitch had going for him was his local ties. Pining for him is so very beyond stupid it's unfathomable.

Well and that he was a better quarterback and the consensus pick has the best in the draft. I guess that wouldn't be obvious to a Notre Dame Homer.

WSS

This one's pretty simple. If Mitch plays well-and Kizeer doesn't our front office, Hue Jackson more likely, And the notre dame fans here looks like idiots.

If Hooker and Howard make the pro bowl And peppers and what's his name struggle same deal. We won't care that we got an extra pick or saved Jimmy some money Well I wont.

Is probably moot because we weren't going to get Mitch anyway. I don't think hes worth the 3rd pic I just think hes probably a lot better than Kizer.

WSS

Point being, Trubs didn't compare himself to Brady or Cam Newton. Or infer he's smarter than the coaches. If you like arrogance, Deshone is your guy.

Kizer going 4-8 and getting benched isn't a cause for concern? If you're a ND homer get lost. I've seen enough of Kizer to know I might have drafted him in the sixth round. I've seen equally enough of him and Mitch to see skill wise, there's a reason Trubisky got drafted #2 and Kizer #52. Or you want to doubt the respective Front Offices? I'll bet a bunch of teams didn't even have Kizer on their draft boards. Suck for Sam 2018.

This one's pretty simple. If Mitch plays well-and Kizeer doesn't our front office, Hue Jackson more likely, And the notre dame fans here looks like idiots.

If Hooker and Howard make the pro bowl And peppers and what's his name struggle same deal. We won't care that we got an extra pick or saved Jimmy some money Well I wont.

Is probably moot because we weren't going to get Mitch anyway. I don't think hes worth the 3rd pic I just think hes probably a lot better than Kizer.

WSS

I think we should have avoided them both. Mitch was too expensive and Kizer will just carry a roster spot until 2018. More better defense was the password and we should have stuck to it.

Point being, Trubs didn't compare himself to Brady or Cam Newton. Or infer he's smarter than the coaches. If you like arrogance, Deshone is your guy.

Kizer going 4-8 and getting benched isn't a cause for concern? If you're a ND homer get lost. I've seen enough of Kizer to know I might have drafted him in the sixth round. I've seen equally enough of him and Mitch to see skill wise, there's a reason Trubisky got drafted #2 and Kizer #52. Or you want to doubt the respective Front Offices? I'll bet a bunch of teams didn't even have Kizer on their draft boards. Suck for Sam 2018.

You watched none of Kizer, that much is evident.

The only homer here is the one pounding his chest for a one year starter just because he's from the Cleveland area.

I think we should have avoided them both. Mitch was too expensive and Kizer will just carry a roster spot until 2018. More better defense was the password and we should have stuck to it.

Hopefully this is one of those cases where the guy is a much better NFL QB than he was in college. When I saw Dan Marino playing Santa Claus to Penn State his last year at Pitt - I never dreamed I'd see what I saw from him as an NFL rookie. And I'm told he had the kind of Wunderlic score you'd expect to from a guy wearing a blind fold. And another former PA QB Joe Montana was a much better NFL passer than he was in college, which I explained why to Hoorta in another thread. I guess we can throw guys like Brett Favre, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott and Kurt Warner into this category especially if we look at where they were drafted/undrafted... And no better example than Brett Favre in ATL vrs Brett Favre in GB to remind us how important the HC and Offensive system and surrounding talent to his performance level/lackthereof. If that's a bad example, just look at the improved careers of Doug Williams, Steve Young, and Vinny Testaverde in life after Tampa.

What can you do when 2016 adversity strikes Tour? You can suck it up, or get benched. Now you could argue Deshone had even less surrounding talent 2016 than Mitch, a pudster coach on top of it, and you'd be right. But that doesn't excuse the mistakes, and passes not in the same area code as the intended receiver.

Mr. Smartypants claims he knew the game plan better than the coaches. He better drop that attitude pronto, or he's gonna be a coaching and teammate pariah in short order.

Suck it up OR???

That combo may not excuse things, but 300# DLs inches from burying their facemask in your sternum, tend to influence accuracy... a little known, but true fact.

As for Smartypants... TC handled that part better than I could...

If Trubisky had claimed he was the most studious QB and that he gave his coach notes after the weekend... But because Kizer said it and you don't like him, he's got an attitude problem? Come on.

Truth followed by not so much...

Trubs flashed enough to warrant inclusion among the top tier of this class' QBs. What he will not do for some time is confirm on the field that take as the right one. To us, many analysts and apparently most of greater Chicago, that makes him "risky".

Lacking confirmation local ties might have "influenced" some opinions, but that doesn't account for positive takes from National correspondents, which in turn re-reinforced some opinions.

That, or 3-4 different knuckleheads are having a contest to see who can drink the most and get Ghoolie hard enough to put the tweezers down.

It's a very exclusive club... thank God.

We won't care that we... saved Jimmy some money Well I wont.

I am amazed after Osweiler that Jimmah's money crosses anyone's mind as a driving factor... let alone someone clearly as smart as you.

That's probably true. My pic if we are going to gamble would have been Davis Webb a little farther down. If in fact I thought we were forced to take a quarterback of some kind.

But again if coach Jackson is as arrogant as they say he will stick by his pick to the detriment of the team if need be.

I mean if thats really his guy why should he bail on him next year?

WSS

Posted elsewhere that the next best draft capital to actual picks are QBs with starter potential.

Let the development and competition begin. Here's hoping the comptition is fierce and the level is high... or at least above average...

That's probably true. My pic if we are going to gamble would have been Davis Webb a little farther down.

Pfft... try beating my Mr. Irrelevant... would have been a steal at 7.34... ;)

Point being, Trubs didn't compare himself to Brady or Cam Newton

Only because Mitchy can't string two sentences together without saying um.

Tour - I laughed when he was picked just after you left the tavern. :lol:

Who'da known you and old horseface think alike? :P

The point has been published for two days in a row now in the Plain Dealer, Kizer backtracked on his comparison to say what he meant was he aspires to be a QB that possesses those qualities. People that get hung up on misspoken words sound like a bunch of little girls. That being said, I'm glad we took Garrett at 1 and I still believe Trubisky will become a great QB and we will regret passing on him just like we regret passing on Big Ben and all the others we passed on.

Now that Kizer is a Brown and I've had a day to sleep on it, Kizer is now MY QB and i hope he becomes our franchise QB and we can devote those two first rounders next year into LB's and DB's.

I don't care if hes a bragging assholed I don't care if he loves Michigan I don't care if he hates Ohio state I don't care if he was never brownd fan.

He was a shitty player in college and a loser.

If he is also too arrogant to work with a coaching staff all the worse.

And frankly I like notre dame just fine unless they're playing the buckeyes or the zips.

WSS

I'm curious, Kizer said he wasn't a browns fan, so what team was he for Detroit?

From Toledo....50 miles from Detroit. So it seems a natural. But....like so many his age, he may have been a FRAK....like BR was, and glommed on to whatever team was winning.

Tom Brady being a 49er/Joe Montana fan made sense. He was from the area. But hell....I was a big admirer of Mickey Mantle when I was young. That didn't make me a Yankee FRAK. We here in Cleveland had a guy named Rocky Colavito that was pretty good. So, even if you like guys from another team....that does not mean you have preference for that team over your local team.

You watched none of Kizer, that much is evident.

The only homer here is the one pounding his chest for a one year starter just because he's from the Cleveland area.

There was more than one TC- and the draft is over, in case you didn't notice. So why take it out on me because I don't agree with you?

That's probably true. My pic if we are going to gamble would have been Davis Webb a little farther down. If in fact I thought we were forced to take a quarterback of some kind.

But again if coach Jackson is as arrogant as they say he will stick by his pick to the detriment of the team if need be.

I mean if thats really his guy why should he bail on him next year?

WSS

Just like RG III.

The point has been published for two days in a row now in the Plain Dealer, Kizer backtracked on his comparison to say what he meant was he aspires to be a QB that possesses those qualities. People that get hung up on misspoken words sound like a bunch of little girls. That being said, I'm glad we took Garrett at 1 and I still believe Trubisky will become a great QB and we will regret passing on him just like we regret passing on Big Ben and all the others we passed on.

Now that Kizer is a Brown and I've had a day to sleep on it, Kizer is now MY QB and i hope he becomes our franchise QB and we can devote those two first rounders next year into LB's and DB's.

Then I'll accept he got quoted in a manner he didn't mean. Sure, I hope Kizer does well. I was even hoping Johnny would turn it around when all the problems started surfacing. I'm too old to get into rah-rah pom pom waving though. We'll see what we see. Second round picks get at least two years, so I fully expect Kizer to be on the roster come 2018.

Then I'll accept he got quoted in a manner he didn't mean.

Hahaha....then you didnt read the quote....

No matter how much backtracking he does and how many articles the PD spins.....if you read the quote, it is impossible to misinterpret....

Clearly....he's not saying he aspires to be anything....cause he's already that and more.....

So basically after spending a day with him, Hue threw his weight behind a QB prospect that is resistant to coaching? :blink:

Watching Kizer's interviews since being drafted - which I admit is the most I have ever seen him speak, I have come away pleasantly surprised by his demeanor. He is also saying the right things too..... It's early in the race I know ( understatement of the year there D ), but at least for me, it's a good start.

But....if you look.....he's kind of shaped like a pear.....and honestly, I cant think of a single pear shaped QB that has won in this league....

Well, Kim Kardashian is pear shaped and she seems to be doing OK....

Archived