THE BROWNS BOARD

Kenny Britt signing with the Browns

LondonBrown

Andre Rison was not a terrible signing - until the games started, when it was clear that he just wanted to collect a paycheck and loaf around.

Walrus was not a terrible GM selection - until his first day of work, when it was clear that he just wanted to collect a paycheck and loaf around.

The same will be true of Britt. Of course it's good if he replicates the same effort as in his FA year.. but he won't.

And how do you know that Pryor will put in the same effort next year that he put in this year? By your logic, teams should never sign a FA because some players in the past haven't lived up to their contract.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And how do you know that Pryor will put in the same effort next year that he put in this year? By your logic, teams should never sign a FA because some players in the past haven't lived up to their contract.

I honestly don't know enough about Britt and his personality to comment... But Pryor certainly doesn't strike me as a guy who would rest on his laurels after a contract. He seems like the kinda guy who would go out and prove that he's worth the investment.

I honestly don't know enough about Britt and his personality to comment... But Pryor certainly doesn't strike me as a guy who would rest on his laurels after a contract. He seems like the kinda guy who would go out and prove that he's worth the investment.

I do, and he has a marked history of loafing and under preforming. That's what worries me as noted in my other comment-the dude balled out to get a big contract and will go right back to his normal ways again. His history clearly makes that a valid concern to consider.

I do, and he has a marked history of loafing and under preforming. That's what worries me as noted in my other comment-the dude balled out to get a big contract and will go right back to his normal ways again. His history clearly makes that a valid concern to consider.

That might be so. Or he could've truly turned a new leaf as it were. Regardless, I'm not too concerned about it if only due to our current cap situation. He's a gamble we can afford.

The guy who disappeared in nearly half the games last season? 6 games last season with less than 5 catches and he wants $12 million per season? That aint gonna get it done

The guy who disappeared in nearly half the games last season? 6 games last season with less than 5 catches and he wants $12 million per season? That aint gonna get it done

Trust me. I don't like $12M/yr either. I just don't believe that's what it would take to get it done. Let Washington give him that contract if that's what he gets.

Rumor has it that the Browns still have the highest offer on the table for Pryor. Apparently his "market" is NOT what he thought it would be! Shocker! I think the browns get a bad rap for the way they do FA, but this is twice now Schwartz and potentially pryor where guys believe their market to be higher than it actually is going to be. No way he gets $12 mil/yr. Britt is a perfect comp to him and he only is getting $8. Have you seen some of the stupid WR money being thrown around? Robert woods with $15 guaranteed, Garcon with $16 mil in the FIRST YEAR! Kenny stills $20 mil guaranteed. it's stupid money. The browns paid market price. I still think there is a chance they bring him back

TP is in WSH right now... after losing both Jackson and Gaucon they should be desperate enough to at least match us...

The same will be true of Britt. Of course it's good if he replicates the same effort as in his FA year.. but he won't.

I honestly don't know enough about Britt and his personality to comment.

I don't either, but I know someone who does.... and it's not UnsymPathetic... it would be Gregg Williams.

OSU homers are quite amusing. Thinking 8 figures on a WR convert with 1 OK year is good move.

The OSU homer bullshit is getting old. Britt is a JAG. Career scattered with behavior problems and ONE season of 1000 yards in 8 seasons. You've seen his ceiling. Pryor as a "rookie" receiver hit the 1000. You haven't seen close to his ceiling. This is a fact whether he's from OSU or fucking Mars!

The OSU homer bullshit is getting old. Britt is a JAG. Career scattered with behavior problems and ONE season of 1000 yards in 8 seasons. You've seen his ceiling. Pryor as a "rookie" receiver hit the 1000. You haven't seen close to his ceiling. This is a fact whether he's from OSU or fucking Mars!

I guess 31 other teams agree with the Browns right now...........

Not really D, none of them selected Britt over Pryor. I'm not saying Pryor is a $12M a year guy but he's damn sure worth more than Britt.

To me they are the same player... kind of. I'm good with Britt, and would've also been good with TP.

Your concern was duly noted on NFLN. Yeah, maybe Williams was asked by the FO- Well, what do you think about this guy? Going to Pro Football reference, other than his contract year- darn mediocre. It will eventually come out how much of his contract is guaranteed. It's certainly not a cap-busting figure.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BritKe00.htm

Britt is vastly underrated. As far as raw talent goes, the dude was up there with ANY WR in the league around 2010 (remember when he caught 7 catches for 225yds and 3 TDs?). before he got injured (ACL and MCL) a few years ago. He's a freak. Yes him and Pryor both have attitude and personality problems, but I saw the Rams play live last year and the kid was the only spark on that offense, and the only WR to score a TD that game. He'd be a great 2, and coaches and people in the locker room love him. He's definitely more skilled than any of the rookies we drafted last year, and maybe Coleman can learn a thing or two from him.

I think Pryor expects 10-14million per year, and i'm not sure we're gonna bite that. I wish we would've franchise tagged him, but if anything us signing Britt should help TP's desire to stay with us.

and christ fellas, aren't you happy we're spending? FFS at least we're trying. Let Britt play before y'all hate on him.

Let Britt play before y'all hate on him.

I don't know enough about the rest to comment but this I agree with.

Also Greg Williams must be a factor here, he will know exactly how he behaved last year and beyond

This-ish...

Pryor wore out reduced his welcome value with his child like behavior. The Browns have sent a message...

... plus this...

Also Greg Williams must be a factor here, he will know exactly how he behaved last year and beyond

There's no doubt Gregg knows what Britt was like in the WR last year... and Hue knows what TP was like.

Interesting that we would sign a receiver that going to be 29 at the beginning on next season for 4 years.

Terms aren't out yet, but I have to believe Britt's a pretty cheap cut after year 2.

in 104 career games, Britt has averaged: 3 receptions on 5.4 targets, 47 yds .28 TDs and 2.1 first down receptions per game.

That is all true, but most NFL execs look more recent.

Last year he had over 1,000 yards on a team with two bad QBs and that struggled to run.

And Greg Williams was going against him in practice every day and said, "Hey Hue, if your boys can't get that prima donna signed have them take a look at this dude ... 6'3, strong body, runs a 4.5 forty and it it's finally all coming together for him ..."

Zombo

Cool story...

Imagine that...A Homer chimes in to profess how awesome Pryor is...Never saw that coming ?

Pryor may have hit his ceiling...You can't possibly know if he has or not after 1 OK year.

Pryor - 77 catches, 1004 yards, 4TDs (with a carousel of mediocrity throwing the ball)

Britt - 68 catches, 1002 yards, 5TDs (with a carousel of mediocrity throwing the ball)

Roughly the same age, height, weight, etc.

I'm pretty sure they would rather have kept Pryor, but a very similar player on what we all would have been happy to keep Pryor on isn't something to cry about.

With someone competent throwing the ball pryor drstroys britt. The physical skillset isnt remotely comparable

Imagine that...some website doesn't like a FA signing. Other football experts are calling it a great signing. The guy had 1000 yards receiving on a shit team. Just like Pryor last year. Pryor wants 12 million a year...Britt was signed for 8... same age, same production 4 million dollars saved. Doesn't take a harvard nerd to figure out that it's not a terrible signing.

Pryor wanting more than ten per is ridiculous. Based on what I understand the Steelers kicked the tires on Pryor and he wants the sun and the moon. Britt isn't a world beater and has been one of those guys always on the "loads of talent, lack of production" list but he's coming off a decent year and he's cheaper. It's not really rocket science. Pryor isn't worth the money he's asking. I'm surprised people here are all upset. Pryor is worth ten million plus per year?

That is all true, but most NFL execs look more recent.

Last year he had over 1,000 yards on a team with two bad QBs and that struggled to run.

And Greg Williams was going against him in practice every day and said, "Hey Hue, if your boys can't get that prima donna signed have them take a look at this dude ... 6'3, strong body, runs a 4.5 forty and it it's finally all coming together for him ..."

Zombo

I wasn't trying to editorialize, just putting the averages out there.

My knowledge of Britt is largely confined to what I've read in this thread. He could just be looking for a pay day or he could be looking to help turn a historically bad team around.

Either way, the Browns have to spend money, and have a respected coach who has experience with Kenny. we will just have to wait and see how this plays out, and I'm ok with that.

Kenny's been a solid #2 WR for years. He got solid #2 money.

Gregg has to see him as a positive, vet example for the kiddie corps in our WR room or we would not have signed him.

I don't get all the consternation...

Archived