THE BROWNS BOARD

If You Still Don't Get The Browns Front Office...

Osiris

Interesting Takes by the Lake podcast interview with Cian Fahey, Irish NFL Analyst, if you have 37 minutes to spare. It's embedded in the linked "article".

For now, check out episode of 19 of Takes By The Lake. Usual co-host Zack Meisel is on vacation this week, so this is just Cian and (Doug Lemerisies) talking about the Browns.

We discussed (the Browns' FO's) free thinking ways, the signings on the first day of free agency, losing Terrelle Pryor and gaining Kenny Britt, whether Jimmy Garoppolo should be the quarterback target, how bad Brock Osweiler really is, whether this Browns plan will work and when fans could expect the Browns to contend for the playoffs.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/cleveland_browns_succeeding_wi.html

Yes and no...

Staff? Clearly the DC, Defensive staff plus other misc. resets says it's still a work in progress with direction TBD.

We obviously disagree on our course and the current FO.....(and HC, ftm)....BUT.......(thats a big butt)

Even though this FO has made some terrible decisions.....as has our HC.....and some bad hires....as has our HC.....at least they seem to react to it and make needed changes....

To me, year one was a disaster......this year has started better,,,,,,,

But....if Britt and the 2 OL are our only FA moves.......then I take it back.......

...at least they seem to react to it and make needed changes...

in your opinion. Sashi or Haslem pushing or was it Hue biting his own bullet? DC & OL had to be both questioned.

Dude, how the fuck has it started better? You don't know that this squad will be any better than the last bullshit one. 12 months ago everyone here was pimping Hue for his great finding of RG3. Now nobody is saying shit.

dude your drowning in your own browns misery. Pet's ass was cooked relying again on a Jim "i got No' i'll kneel" defense. Gregg Williams needed to happen but yes it takes personnel. Your blind to fat ass lineman. so theirs no hope on what Wylie & additions our worth to you. but, I like Wylie's odds. *ALOT*

Dude, how the fuck has it started better? You don't know that this squad will be any better than the last bullshit one.

Wasnt aware I said this squad would be better......in fact, Im pretty sure Ive been one to say this FO and the team they assembled pretty much sucks.....(over and over again)....

Last year we didnt sign ANY FA's, while watching half our team walk away or get cut.....and we didnt draft anyone exciting....

Last year we also brought in Hue, Horton and a band of coaches, who have mostly all been fired.....

This year.....at least......we signed a good player and a couple FA's......which is an improvemnet....plus, we recognized just how shitty our new coaches were and have made an attempt to correct that....

So, to me.....compared to the shit we endured last spring, this year is a step up.......is it enough?.....nope.....am I excited about this squad?....nope.....is there a lot to still do?.....hell yes.......do I think this FO can do it?.....doubtful......

Now.....if they dont screw the goose and they select Garrett at #1....Ill be even happier, because that would mean we've added yet another good player(which we didnt do last year)

Good players.....last years score = zero

..........................this years score = three (so far)

Go to any new car lot and ask about a car. You will get the same fucking bullshit.

There are two kinds of people in the world, talkers and doers. Talkers don't accomplish shit, but they talk about how they are going to.

Doers don't say shit, they are too busy accomplishing things.

While all this goofy Browns psychic hotline bullshit is going on, Bill Belichik has added impact players who will make his team better in 2017. He isn't talking jac fuck shit about his behavioral economics, or any other bullshit.

Every fucking year it is the same bullshit with you people. No matter how many fucking times you get kicked in the pickle, you fucking line right up again for the same thumping. More theoretical bullshit about how the Browns are finally on the right path, about how the Browns are doing it right, about how all the things the best teams do won't work in Cleveland, and how the new approach in Cleveland is going to teach the rest of the league.

Dilfer is going to Mentor Frye, Crennell and Sewage are the brains behind Billick and Belichik, Hue knows quarterbacks and his defensive buddy Horton are going to make shock waves......................

I told you guys for year the way Kosar became known as an intelligent QB was because no broadcaster could, in his right mind compliment his physical ability. Same deal with the media and the modern era Browns. THe NFL and network MANDATES that announcers pimp the Browns to soothe the savage beasts................. So what do they come up with? This bullshit money ball nonsense.

What the fuck good is cap space and drat picks if you don't have a fucking clue about how to use it?

The FO blows.

Bullshits -6

Fucks -8

Shit -4

Dick references-1

This has been ghoolie word watch edition 1

Go to any new car lot and ask about a car. You will get the same fucking bullshit.

There are two kinds of people in the world, talkers and doers. Talkers don't accomplish shit, but they talk about how they are going to.

Doers don't say shit, they are too busy accomplishing things.

While all this goofy Browns psychic hotline bullshit is going on, Bill Belichik has added impact players who will make his team better in 2017. He isn't talking jac fuck shit about his behavioral economics, or any other bullshit.

Every fucking year it is the same bullshit with you people. No matter how many fucking times you get kicked in the pickle, you fucking line right up again for the same thumping. More theoretical bullshit about how the Browns are finally on the right path, about how the Browns are doing it right, about how all the things the best teams do won't work in Cleveland, and how the new approach in Cleveland is going to teach the rest of the league.

Dilfer is going to Mentor Frye, Crennell and Sewage are the brains behind Billick and Belichik, Hue knows quarterbacks and his defensive buddy Horton are going to make shock waves......................

I told you guys for year the way Kosar became known as an intelligent QB was because no broadcaster could, in his right mind compliment his physical ability. Same deal with the media and the modern era Browns. THe NFL and network MANDATES that announcers pimp the Browns to soothe the savage beasts................. So what do they come up with? This bullshit money ball nonsense.

What the fuck good is cap space and drat picks if you don't have a fucking clue about how to use it?

The FO blows.

You can drop the Ghoolie act with me. If you to have a conversation, it'd be a lot easier if I didn't have to wade through all the 'fucks', 'shits', and 'dicks' to get to your real points. Your first point, talkers vs. doers, is irrelevant. It was ME talking about what the BROWNS are doing.

Now on to your more important point:

Bill Belichik has added impact players who will make his team better in 2017. He isn't talking jac fuck shit about his behavioral economics, or any other bullshit.

You love what Bill & the Patriots do? Me too. Guess what Bill did to get to the point where he can just make a trade for Cooks and sign some free agents to keep his team at the top of the league? He accumulated draft picks. He traded down a lot. He got his team to the point where he only had a hole or two that could be fixed in free agency. His team understands the value of ANALYTICS, and behavioral economics is part of that. Don't believe his misdirection when he dismisses it. He's messing with everybody.

“You may not find a bigger believer in data and analytics than New England Patriots Owner Robert Kraft.”

-http://www.patriots.com/news/2016/06/09/tacking-tech-whats-new-sports-analytics-nfl-beyond

Hmm. imagine that. Guess what other teams uses analytics heavily in their front office?

Atlanta Falcons

Baltimore Ravens

Dallas Cowboys

Kansas City Chiefs

God, it sure would suck to be like those teams. I'd much rather be like the teams who dismiss it from their process:

New York Jets

Tennessee Titans

San Diego Chargers

Washington Redskins

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12331388/the-great-analytics-rankings

We can agree on one thing. If this front office can't capitalize on half of the picks they have, then everything else is meaningless. But you can't hold the Patriots up as a model franchise and then dismiss the methods they used to get there.

I have nothing against the guy. My beef is that I see Belichik adding impact players, and we are jacking off with this meaningless bullshit................DO you honestly think any of the other NFL teams are saying to themselves....... Oh fuck...look, the Browns acquired shitf fuck dick head and a meaningless pick....oh shit we better watch out.

Idiot fucking franchise. Haslam should move this fucking team, or come put a bullet in my head. Fucking Groundhog day again.

All true about BB. That said, his learning curve in Cleveland from drafting guys like Touchdown-free Tommy Vardell and Craig Powell in the middle part of round 1 got him to really like/prefer trading back for more guys in round 2.

BB's first year here, he brought in Vinny Testaverde to change the entire direction of that career. That said, the 1st year here Vinny Testaverde got hurt and we were watching the Todd Philcox football follies. Geez, we had to feel lucky any time that poor kid didn't fumble a snap, both a hand off and throw a strike to the opponent. He learned the hard way to better his backup QB situation to the extent of promising trade values he's currencied up for the Pats over the years with Hoyer, Mallett, Cassell and now the polarizing Jimmy Garoppolo.

I think it took BB 4 or 5 years to make the playoffs even with a staff with great coaches like Saban and Ferentz just to understand the extent of the challenge at hand here. The sum of crappy FOs, drafts and horrible FA moves since 1999 aren't exactly recruiting the next BB. Therefore,you can understand why SOME of us were happy a guy like Hue PREFERRED Cleveland over the 4 or 5 teams he had scheduled to interview with. If this flat lines, we're going to be right back to only getting the Ken Whisenhunt types interested in the cup of coffee stay period here.

There's different ways of coping with it all. Some need to blame Hue and Sashi for all the sins of this team's past and not allow them a single growing pain in their culture shock of how FUBAR this franchise has gotten to.The more they spend their entire time doing this, they corner themselves into a point of no return so their posts come across like they are rooting for their predictions to come true just for an almighty told you so. I'm one that was raised with this team being a big part of our family traditions and after losing my dad and brother within a year of each other (just a few years ago) - I don't have it in me to bury the football soul our Cleveland Browns family tradition created. When I see some of you guys so frustrated, I'm right there with you. Like Canton Mike always tells me, we're never going to change the losing culture by being so negative that we don't want to give anyone a chance. If we draft 1 QB from Ohio, people will give him a chance. If we draft another one - he can only be RG3. Today, many haven't allowed 1 draftee from 2016 to get more than part of a rookie year for conclusions. 2 of those guys broke their hands after the best outing they had (Nassib and Coleman) so set backs were inevitable.

Would the FO be tempted by this trade with SF? Would you be tempted? Assume SF takes Garrett.

49ers give up

No. 2
No. 34
No. 66
(3440 points)

Browns give up

No. 1
No. 52
No. 145
No. 175
(3434.9 points)

http://www.ninersnation.com/2017/3/18/14960730/49ers-nfl-draft-trade-options-myles-garrett-cleveland-browns

Would the FO be tempted by this trade with SF? Would you be tempted? Assume SF takes Garrett.

49ers give up .............. Browns give up

No. 2 + 34 + 66 <==> 1 + 52 + 145 + 175

(3440 points) ................ (3434.9 points)

http://www.ninersnation.com/2017/3/18/14960730/49ers-nfl-draft-trade-options-myles-garrett-cleveland-browns

Response lies somewhere between "hell no" and "fuck no."

49ers give up

No. 2

No. 34

No. 66

(3440 points)

Browns give up

No. 1

No. 52

No. 145

No. 175

(3434.9 points)

The question is: Why?

Is that for both the FO and yourself? :D

Just me... as strongly as I feel I understand our FO, they have not yet seen fit to make me their spokesman...

<<We can agree on one thing. If this front office can't capitalize on half of the picks they have, then everything else is meaningless. But you can't hold the Patriots up as a model franchise and then dismiss the methods they used to get there. >>

Carlos Santana plays a Paul Reed Smith Guitar. While his technique is nothing to marvel at, he does have an unmistakable tone and flavor. 10s of thousands of jackoffs have the same guitar. That doesn't make any of them Santana.

Analytics account for jack shit. I guarantee you Belichik makes pics based his skills, and not a calculator.

If I had a nickel for every time some ass clown came in here and took your "we're finally getting it right" bullshit approach I would have a nickel for every 1999+ season.

Only yesterday I had to listen to horse-cock-fuck-shit claims about Romeo Crennell and Phil Sewage being THE REAL BRAINS behind the Pats and Ravens. On and on and on you guys went with this..............look at who were are modelling after.............. they were successful there and it is going to work here.

Enough of this horse dick "we are doing it like they do it" bullshit. Buy the same equipment, you're still a hack of a player.

Belichik has won 5 superbowls. He is the greatest coach in the history of pro football. If you think that the bunch of jackoffs in the FO and this cocksucker deer in-the-headlights, soon-to-be-unemployed smega breath Hue Jackson motherfucker are somehow in the fraternity of the teams you mentioned, then you are a nincompoop.

Off season, we are immersed in meaningless, fatass offensive lineman, a pass rusher who wants to be in Dallas, a horses ass QB that nobody wants (plus the 27,342 nd pick overall), signing a nothing WR, and considering getting bent over by Belichik with this fucktard QB from NE.................. and THAT you think is inline with the way Belichik operates?

Good grief!

Perhaps the best thing is a blend of good old fashioned knowledge of horse flesh (talent) with a mix of analytics. I think this is what BB likely does....along with most NFL teams. If a team relies only on one and not the other, you may get what we have had here for a while....guys picking the likes of Gilbert, Manziel, Mingo, Erving etc. etc.

If our past GMs were horse trainers they would be putting a lot of sorry nags at the starting gate.

blowhar1.jpg

<<We can agree on one thing. If this front office can't capitalize on half of the picks they have, then everything else is meaningless. But you can't hold the Patriots up as a model franchise and then dismiss the methods they used to get there. >>

Carlos Santana plays a Paul Reed Smith Guitar. While his technique is nothing to marvel at, he does have an unmistakable tone and flavor. 10s of thousands of jackoffs have the same guitar. That doesn't make any of them Santana.

Analytics account for jack shit. I guarantee you Belichik makes pics based his skills, and not a calculator.

If I had a nickel for every time some ass clown came in here and took your "we're finally getting it right" bullshit approach I would have a nickel for every 1999+ season.

Only yesterday I had to listen to horse-cock-fuck-shit claims about Romeo Crennell and Phil Sewage being THE REAL BRAINS behind the Pats and Ravens. On and on and on you guys went with this..............look at who were are modelling after.............. they were successful there and it is going to work here.

Enough of this horse dick "we are doing it like they do it" bullshit. Buy the same equipment, you're still a hack of a player.

Belichik has won 5 superbowls. He is the greatest coach in the history of pro football. If you think that the bunch of jackoffs in the FO and this cocksucker deer in-the-headlights, soon-to-be-unemployed smega breath Hue Jackson motherfucker are somehow in the fraternity of the teams you mentioned, then you are a nincompoop.

Off season, we are immersed in meaningless, fatass offensive lineman, a pass rusher who wants to be in Dallas, a horses ass QB that nobody wants (plus the 27,342 nd pick overall), signing a nothing WR, and considering getting bent over by Belichik with this fucktard QB from NE.................. and THAT you think is inline with the way Belichik operates?

Good grief!

If I'm a 'nincampoop' you're a blowhard with obvious head-trauma from years of the Browns sucking. I thought you were someone with intelligence who just ran an act but it's no act, you really are an ass.

Archived