THE BROWNS BOARD

Perfect Nickname for the Browns Defensive Line

The Gipper

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silly.

Take a look at the examples you posted. None of them are named after some stupid animal or mythical creature. The nickname needs to be along the lines of The Magnificent Seven, or The Fab Four, or The A Team...The Fearsome Foursome, the Doomsday Defense, The Steel Curtain...get the picture?

A nickname can be whatever sticks. And yes, a defense has been named after a mythical creature: The Monsters of the Midway. Chicago Bears.

So much for your theory. So, The Ogres is just as apt.

And the Fab Four was a musical act. The Magnificent 7 was a movie, and the A Team was a TV show.

This browns line with the addition of Garrett hasn't done squat to earn a nickname anyway. If they start gaining notoriety by sacking QB's at a high rate, then name them the Brown Sack Attack, or some shit like that.

Hey how about "The Mean Machine"! Aren't these guys like Garret, Shelton, and Ogbah noted for playing "mean"?

Although not a D lineman JaBell Peppers I heard also plays "mean".

Agree that they do need to earn a nickname. But, as I said, it doesn't hurt to have one in reserve just in case. But your other suggestions are pretty lame.

btw...The browns were never known as the "Dawg Defense". They were simply referred as the "Dawgs", primarily Minny and Dixon...so don't try and prop up the Dawgs with the others....that bunch wasn't even close to receiving the notoriety and fame of the others you listed.

The Dawgs don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath.

Sure it does. E.g. The Fearsome Foursome NEVER made it to a Championship game. The "Dawgs" made it as far as they did.

But, I will agree with this....The "Dawgs" should have been retired with Dixon and Minnifield. That was specific to that backfield. But you know how these things go....NFL team PR departments can't let go of something like that if they think they have something that sells.

OGRE:

Ogbah

Garrett

Ogunjobi

Shelton

Shades of Calvin and Hobbes' GROSS [Get Rid Of Slimy girlS] - of course.

If you are just doing a straight anagram, then you could have : The GOONS

Garrett

Ogbah

Ogunjobi

Nassib

Shelton

Excuse me while I nerd out here...

"The Transformers"

Why?

More than meets the eye. Further, in the Transformers universe, the Allspark is an artifact that creates new life. Our DL has extremely high SPARQ ratings. They are the All-SPARQ team. They create new Browns fans.

Individual names:

Myles Garrett - Dinobot - A couple different references - A massive uncontrollable beast formed by all the Dinobots merging together...or a sweet raptor ninja with crazy a high moral code from the Beast Wars story arc... or Grimlock, the leader of the Dinobots

Danny Shelton - Devastator - A giant monster abomination that can barely hold itself up, but draws all enemies into him, causing them to be cruhsed.

Larry Ogunjobi - Bumblebee - Determined, brave, a little bit lucky, always trying to prove himself

Desmond Bryant - Ironhide - The old veteran of the group, will fight to the very end.

Bonus round:

Jamie Collins - Crosshairs - A crack shot with a bad attitude. A bit of a wildcard who often goes off on his own. Anyone who ends up in his sights ends up dead.

Jabrill Peppers - Lockdown - A bounty hunter who does whatever is necessary to fulfill his mission. Destroys anyone in his path.

To be honest with you...this was not supposed to be an invitation for you all to submit your own nicknames. It was only here for you to sanctify the names I came up with. But, I know I can't control these things.

Nevertheless....the two I came up with are still the Best: The Ogres or The GOONS.

Indeed. Yes, indeed. :o

ogres, goons, those are terrible.

"Deinonychus Dawgs" rocks.

Thought you would thrive on the competition....

Nevertheless....the two I came up with are still the Best: The Ogres or The GOONS.

GO'S BOOM-gets garrett,orchard,shelton,brantley,ogbah.ogunjobi &meder..proper GOES BOOM--we need a E..The vaunted GONE BOOM Defense(classic) would add Nassib but still need to buy a vowel E..

ogres, goons, those are terrible.

"Deinonychus Dawgs" rocks.

Thought you would thrive on the competition....

Sucks. Who can even pronounce Deinonychus. And what the fuck does it have to do with anything about this team.

I may thrive on the competiton.....I have yet to see any.

Howard Stern's Penis

The Baba Booeys

Robin Quivers's Beaver

Turd Burglars

The Steamy D

Orange N' Brown Cesspool

The Oline Wreckers

The Ballerinas

Hue Jackson's Huge Assmans

We are going for nicknames of the Browns....not your own personal nickname.

GO'S BOOM-gets garrett,orchard,shelton,brantley,ogbah.ogunjobi &meder..proper GOES BOOM--we need a E..The vaunted GONE BOOM Defense(classic) would add Nassib but still need to buy a vowel E..

Not bad....except....you have the Legion of Boom in Seattle, and again, that could be seen as derivative.

Orange Powerhump

lol... opened right to it and hit me before I was prepared...

Howard Stern's Penis

The Baba Booeys

Robin Quivers's Beaver

SIRIUSly? :)

Oh... and TC...

I like the Ogres and Goons but...

We have the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame so...

What about the Hall of Pain? Or Wall of Pain?

To be honest with you...this was not supposed to be an invitation for you all to submit your own nicknames. It was only here for you to sanctify the names I came up with. But, I know I can't control these things.

Nope. Both awful.

I like the Ogres and Goons but...

We have the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame so...

What about the Hall of Pain? Or Wall of Pain?

WOW... damn close... if I may be permitted a build... The Rock'n'Roll Hall of PAIN!

was first animated series with major star doing voice over?

Close-ish, but not a winner...

Meanwhile start working on the new Tees... ;) Just need the starters finalized...

The Rock'n'Roll Hall of PAIN!

Garrett - Shelton - Bryant - Ogbah

Collins - Kirksey - ???

Haden - Peppers - ??? - ???

... and trademark the shit out of it...

The more I think about it the name should be pretty straight forward. I am optimistic that Big Ben, Dalton , Flacco and others will use the name often without prompting. I can almost hear it as they tell their O line in the huddle........"can you please keep those MOTHERFUCKERS off me!!!!" Pretty obvious what our new D line should be called lol.

The more I think about it the name should be pretty straight forward. I am optimistic that Big Ben, Dalton , Flacco and others will use the name often without prompting. I can almost hear it as they tell their O line in the huddle........"can you please keep those DAMNED DAWGS off me!!!!" Pretty obvious what our new D line should be called lol.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^There! Cleaned up & corrected for you!

I've always liked Dawgs for the D, and "Damned Dawgs" for the DL has a ring to it IMHO.

Mike

^^^^^^^^^^^^^There! Cleaned up & corrected for you!

I've always liked Dawgs for the D, and "Damned Dawgs" for the DL has a ring to it IMHO.

Mike

lol I'm sorry Mike I just couldn't resist the vulgarity on this. I can live with Damned Dogs or maybe Hell Hounds lol

Archived