The Gipper

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pierogie Curtain

lmao...

Brownstrocity

Best of your bunch... kinda like it

You are all aware that some of the great defensive lines in history have had Colorful Nicknames. Purple People Eaters, Doomsday Defense, Fearsome Foursome, Steel Curtain, Orange Crush. The Browns had the Dawg Defense that related more to the Defensive Backfield.

Well, I think/hope this DL we are going to have is going to be outstanding. And if it is, it needs a good nickname...and there is clear choice in this regard: We will have a line consisting of Garrett/Shelton/Ogbah/Ogunjobi. So, just taking a cue from those last two guys and we get:

Silly.

Take a look at the examples you posted. None of them are named after some stupid animal or mythical creature. The nickname needs to be along the lines of The Magnificent Seven, or The Fab Four, or The A Team...The Fearsome Foursome, the Doomsday Defense, The Steel Curtain...get the picture?

This browns line with the addition of Garrett hasn't done squat to earn a nickname anyway. If they start gaining notoriety by sacking QB's at a high rate, then name them the Brown Sack Attack, or some shit like that.

Hey how about "The Mean Machine"! Aren't these guys like Garret, Shelton, and Ogbah noted for playing "mean"?

Although not a D lineman JaBell Peppers I heard also plays "mean".

btw...The browns were never known as the "Dawg Defense". They were simply referred as the "Dawgs", primarily Minny and Dixon...so don't try and prop up the Dawgs with the others....that bunch wasn't even close to receiving the notoriety and fame of the others you listed.

The Dawgs don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath.

:excl:

The Quarterback is going to need a four inch extension cord to reattach his torso to his motherboard after the Orange Ogres cleave the doors off the Offensive line.

The Quarterback is going to need another glass of wine to numb his mind as his body struggles to find flavor in the porridge he must devour for the rest of his life.

He'll insist, "it happened after the merger, that the Commissioner was Pat Shurmur"-

something garbled about going cockless and blocks being shed by orange Hummers-

Then he's off to the closest local college cause- "Damn it! My name's Rothlis-something or other..."

"Oh brother," his poor Father will whisper to reporters, "I just discovered that he's starting to dress like his Mother."

:excl:

I'm a natural born smoker,

quijiboard stained brown ochre,

I'll break you like the Orange Ogres,

ya better off sticking a fork in the toaster,

we'll debone and roast ya-

"look ma, no hands!" was just supposed to be a poster.

ya better off rushin the whole police force,

at gunpoint as they shout, "come no closer"

so go ahead, get you're clock cleaned so good that you're kosher.

idk lol

"MAILMEN"

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers (warriors) from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

Mike

"MAILMEN"

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers (warriors) from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

Mike

sorry mike..but was that Micheal Meyers theme or nightmare on elf street theme? Jason? how bout "Warriors come out to play"? right now mine is hi-ho-hi-ho it's off to work i go

"Meat Curtain" has a ring to it....

.. but I think we missing an obvious Dawg theme... Maybe with an infusion allusion to the RnR HoF?

Take a look at the examples you posted. None of them are named after some stupid animal or mythical creature. The nickname needs to be along the lines of The Magnificent Seven, or The Fab Four, or The A Team...The Fearsome Foursome, the Doomsday Defense, The Steel Curtain...get the picture?

Reminded me of an old fave... NYJ's "The New York Sack Exchange". Gastineau, Klecko & CO...

lol... or...

POP QUIZ: What was The Flintstones claim to fame?

Ah, they misinformed American children that dinosaurs and humans actually coexisted. (although Trump might claim that is true). :P

Now if we include birds as direct descendants, then he might be right. But not Tyrannosaurus Rex or Trumposaurus Rex. ;)

Ah, they misinformed American children that dinosaurs and humans actually coexisted.

NO... thanks for playing our game, but they did not inspire "Dinoramas"... I pass by one every trip to/from Houston.

Archived