THE BROWNS BOARD

Haden ....RELEASED

darren15

6 hours ago, stillmotion said:

simply put, every damn action has helped jimmy save money, and what have we done with that money? Aside from Collins what big names have we picked up?

So that's why he spent $16 Million to buy a Second Round pick (Brock O) ?

This is more a future Cap space deal (God only knows why) and a skill per $ issue than anything else.

I liked Joe, and I'm not saying I like everything going on with this Franchise, but this just a Business decision more than anything else.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Haden signed his big contract and immediately tanked.  This isn't unexpected - if anything I'm surprised Sashi let it ride last season.  Speaking of loyalty to Cleveland.. he wouldn't take the same contract from Cleveland that he accepted from Pit.. that's the definition of a LACK of loyalty.

True, we offered him $7 Million restructured deal, and he signed a three year $7 Million deal (first year) with the Steelers.

There's more to it than that though . . . by going to the Steelers for the same money, he also gets to keep $4 Million from the Browns deal (Guaranteed or Contract structure).

So actually it's for a Net of $4 Million more than he would have gotten here.

From the Browns side, with Joe signing elsewhere, they're also off the hook for some $ . . . not sure how much it is, but it's not all a one sided deal.

14 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

There's more to it than that though . . . by going to the Steelers for the same money, he also gets to keep $4 Million from the Browns deal (Guaranteed or Contract structure).

The Browns now owe Haden nothing.  The guaranteed money was offset by the deal with Pittsburgh.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/08/joe_haden_agrees_to_terms_with.html

13 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Just three players? Lmao

Three players:  BR, AB, Bell.   Looking anywhere else up and down the lineup and the Browns have a player pretty much the equal or superior to the Steelers in talent. 

(Maybe 4....not sure any Browns WR is better than Bryant honestly).

Hell...you just picked up a guy that we cut....who is now your best CB.  The Browns feel they had 4-5 guys better than him on their squad. 

8 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

How did cutting dq work out for us? We got karlos dansby......and what legacy did he leave the browns? Nothing, he was here for a last paycheck. There was talk of dq immediately going to staff upon retirement.....doubt he'll ever come here under any capacity

Karlos Dansby was miles better than DQwell Jackson.  At least Dansby would make a tackle on occasion that was within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.  Jackson didn't.

15 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

If PoG hates this move, we all know it was the right move.

Go back to pining for Josh Gordon and Kevin Hogan, PoG.

Don't forget about Trent Richardson who is still on his way to the hall of fame in PoG retarded mind.     Didn't watch a lot the preseason games all that closely but the one time I did see him was chasing 5 yards behind the Giants receiver on the play that Peppers got called for and then not called for hitting the receiver.   Saw that play and thought glass Joe is in mid season form already...getting torched.   He "might" be healthy but the injuries have taken their toll on him.  Saw it on TV last night showing how badly he was getting burnt last year and how bad his technique had become.  

He had his time here and gave it everything but it's time to move on.

12 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Well loyalty to me is MORE important than winning. 

Any self respecting Browns fan can attest to that. 

Dawgs are loyal. A code was broken today. And some could care less. 

That's fine. It is what it is- they don't make em like they used to.

Loyalty is more important than winning??   You're fucking insane.    Do some research and see how much loyalty New England shows to its players and how has that worked out for them?  I suppose you'd rather have them keep aging veterans and overpay them when they can't produce than win all those super bowls.   Your new boyfriend mr. Haden took the same money to play for shittsburgh that the Browns offered, how's that work out in your "loyalty" rant schoolgirl??   Where is the loyalty that Haden showed the Browns since he took the same money to go elsewhere?  

12 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Don't forget about Trent Richardson who is still on his way to the hall of fame in PoG Retarded mind.     Didn't watch a lot the preseason games all that closely but the one time I did see him was chasing 5 yards behind the Giants receiver on the play that Peppers got called for and then not called for hitting the receiver.   Saw that play and thought glass Joe is in mid season form already...getting torched.   He "might" be healthy but the injuries have taken their toll on him.  Saw it on TV last night showing how badly he was getting burnt last year and how bad his technique had become.  

He had his time here and gave it everything but it's time to move on.

With the new setup, have we moved away from the "Retard" automatic change for the R word?

Just now, The Gipper said:

With the new setup, have we moved away from the "Retard" automatic change for the R word?

It would appear to be the case.    And I think retard was about the nicest thing I could come up with to describe his ridiculous school girl loves for these players who apparently we should keep forever.   Since loyalty is more important than winning, we should be still playing Bernie at QB.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Karlos Dansby was miles better than DQwell Jackson.  At least Dansby would make a tackle on occasion that was within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.  Jackson didn't.

Yeah no he wasnt miles better, his tackles were even further downfield. Dq's tackle stats for the same two years in indy were comparable but way more sacks than dansby. Which shows indy was more confident in blitzing him. Both teams were running 3-4's at the time so the positions were equivalent. 

I woukd have taken dq's slightly less tackle totals and more sacks ONTOP of his heart for the browns. 

3 hours ago, JAFBF said:

True, we offered him $7 Million restructured deal, and he signed a three year $7 Million deal (first year) with the Steelers.

From the Browns side, with Joe signing elsewhere, they're also off the hook for some $ . . . not sure how much it is, but it's not all a one sided deal.

Well the Browns just accelerated Joe's cap hit into this year- where we had plenty of room to do so. 

52 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Loyalty is more important than winning??   You're fucking insane.    Do some research and see how much loyalty New England shows to its players and how has that worked out for them?  I suppose you'd rather have them keep aging veterans and overpay them when they can't produce than win all those super bowls.   Your new boyfriend mr. Haden took the same money to play for shittsburgh that the Browns offered, how's that work out in your "loyalty" rant schoolgirl??   Where is the loyalty that Haden showed the Browns since he took the same money to go elsewhere?  

Our resident Pats fan pointed that out Mark. Belichick would cut his mother if he thought it would help him win more games. Lawyer Milloy, Richard Seymour, Legarrette Blount (who led the league in TDs las year) was willing to part ways with a very productive Randy Moss because he was a head case... 

Maybe I should collect on that bet I  made with Po way back on what Richardson was going to do. Hogan or best QB?  F'in crazy headed to practice squad.

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Maybe I should collect on that bet I  made with Po way back on what Richardson was going to do. Hogan or best QB?  F'in crazy headed to practice squad. I think PG needs a big dose of tranxene or vallium. 

Richardson is going to come back still and dominate, just like Manziel and Gordon.  Can't wait to see the three of them on the same offense.  :wacko:

Based on his track record...if Po hates the move then it must be a good one for the Browns.

A troll extraordinaire, a man with zero leather-bound books, a man with no fans.

Back on track: I like the move of getting rid of Haden. Add to the culture of winning by.. holding people accountable to actually win.  Haden has stunk ever since he signed that contract - he gave up the most TD's of any CB in the league last season!  This is sports: perform or you're out.

Urban Meyer has said publically that he's done recruiting from schools that have disorganized weight rooms and/or don't get after every detail of a player's performance -- because those are two characteristics of the loser mentality which it takes years to untwist players away from. Keeping Haden around would be maintaining the loser attitude throughout the Browns organization.

17 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Vontese Burbicks suspension from 5 games has been reduced to 3 games.                              

That hit was a mugging... 5 games was not enough.

11 hours ago, stillmotion said:

simply put, every damn action has helped jimmy save money, and what have we done with that money? Aside from Collins what big names have we picked up?

I'm going with.... Zeitler. Let me know what I win.

33 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Who is  s t o c k t o n  s h o r t s?

A Manzelot that tried... and failed... to get our collective minds right.

25 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

I gathered that much.

Is he a real person? Old poster? Steeler fan?

Well, yes, as far as I know, he was a real person and an old poster (not a Steeler fan). But, he was a real tool, and if I recalled he was banned by the admins.  (they would have to fill you in on that).  Shortly after that someone took offense to the use of the R word on here...and the admins agreed and said they would have to come up with some term to use in lieu of that, and asked for suggestions.  Quickly someone suggested the use of the SS term. the guy who came as close to being a real life R word as anyone ever has on here....so the admins immediately grabbed onto that. It had been a few years now that the autocorrect translated the R word into SS ow with the new board upgrade, that autocorrect may have been negated.  Not sure. 

Actually I see that the SS word now autocorrects to Retard. 

Also...one other pain in the ass about what is happening on here.  If you try to interlineate something inside what has already been typed, it is deleting what is already on there and you are losing what you typed. That is why above on occasion you see something that seems incomplete or unintelligible.

21 hours ago, hoorta said:

:) does Ward have diminished skills too? Maybe some of our Bronco lurkers can fill us in....   

Ward is still good, a bit of a liability in coverage but great in the box. Word is that he will be cut shortly if we can't find a trade. Matter of salary vs the confidence in his cheaper backup, Simmons. 

Archived