THE BROWNS BOARD

Haden ....RELEASED

darren15

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think this guy is going to give himself a stroke.

It's what he does..... fixates on a player and not the TEAM.

Weird. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, D Bone said:

It's what he does..... fixates on a player and not the TEAM.

Weird. 

I get having a favorite player, but wow. Keep all sharp objects from the dude for 24 hours. I like Haden too, but logically it makes sense for the Browns to move on. There's no way he's worth that type of money now, and cornerbacks age BADLY, especially corners who have had many injuries to their legs, groin, etc. Then throw in the concussions.

Haden hasn't had many injuries to his legs. He had a concussion 2 years ago in a time when they were really being strict on the concussions. Haden wanted to play and they wouldn't let him. And the groins were a freak accident. Haden's never pulled a groin before. He's been pretty healthy for us otherwise. 

The point is where do you draw the line? Who is going to want to play here if they cut Joe Haden. Not everybody is as dim witted as the people on here are. Joe is a baller and the best we had. Now we have a suspect secondary so the Dline will NEVER get home now because the WR will always be open. Watch.

23 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Haden hasn't had many injuries to his legs. He had a concussion 2 years ago in a time when they were really being strict on the concussions. Haden wanted to play and they wouldn't let him. And the groins were a freak accident. Haden's never pulled a groin before. He's been pretty healthy for us otherwise. 

The point is where do you draw the line? Who is going to want to play here if they cut Joe Haden. Not everybody is as dim witted as the people on here are. Joe is a baller and the best we had. Now we have a suspect secondary so the Dline will NEVER get home now because the WR will always be open. Watch.

It's the NFL. Guys like Joe Haden get cut or traded from the team who drafted them when they become expendable all the time. Hell, the Patriots have mastered this.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

But you have to ask yourself:  If he had anything left, why would the Browns....a team in need of DBs let him go?  You don't think about these things, do you.

As for the here and now...the Steelers do have those 3 players that give them that advantage over the Browns....and that's it.  3 players.

Just three players? Lmao

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Really? 

We just signed McCourty... and not the younger one. If Haden is too old at 28? What is McCourty?

Haden is "average"? Maybe when he's injured. Which he is not any longer. You know what Haden is, right now- Healthy and at age 28? He's an Elite Pro-Bowl type player that now has a Sashi sized chip on his shoulder... nice.

And I'm sorry but you are DEAD WRONG- The Browns will be in the Playoffs this year... well, maybe not anymore because SASHI SASHI SASHI! You slimy shitty sushi motherfucker...

You have passed Ghoolie in original phrasing with "slimy shitty sushi motherfucker". 

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Really? 

We just signed McCourty... and not the younger one. If Haden is too old at 28? What is McCourty?

Haden is "average"? Maybe when he's injured. Which he is not any longer. You know what Haden is, right now- Healthy and at age 28? He's an Elite Pro-Bowl type player that now has a Sashi sized chip on his shoulder... nice.

And I'm sorry but you are DEAD WRONG- The Browns will be in the Playoffs this year... well, maybe not anymore because SASHI SASHI SASHI! You slimy shitty sushi motherfucker...

Dude... McCourty's deal is for like 2 mil guaranteed if I remember... Joe's was crazy for the production he was putting out. 

Honestly you should be pissed at Joe. From what was reported the Browns offered 7 mil on the contract they wanted to renegotiate and he turned it down and went to the Steelers making 7 mil. 

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Yeah, because he was playing HURT- Duh!!!!

He could have not played at all! But he played HURT for US! Him playing HURT for US was better than what we would have had had he not played! Haden Hurt was still our best corner on the depth chart. Haden deserved the Money on his contract because he EARNED it! He earned the right to have a down year. HE WAS HURT!!!!! He played OUTSTANDING to get the Contract extension for the money that he got. HE EARNED IT. He earned the right to be a part of this team now that it's going to be good. 

Myles Garret makes Haden a better player. We couldn't get to the QB with Kruger and the Klan when Haden had the BAD NUMBERS. I don't know if you know this about football- BUT NO CORNER IN THE NFL can cover forever!!!! You either get to the QB or the WR is going to get OPEN. It's that simple. And because our SMART FO doesn't understand this and they let

JOE HADEN walk speaks volumes about their football awareness whereas once there was silence. I thought, these guys really know their stuff... or they are incredibly lucky reading their anal antics. Well, guess what. Their magic numbers just blew up in their collective dumb asses. They screwed the pooch. Haden was worth his salt, and let's face it with the kind of cap space we have- that's exactly what it amounted to salt.

We gave away 16 million dollars for a second rounder that will not be as good as Joe Haden is. Like I said, Haden EARNED the right to be a Brown. And we didn't honor our contract to him. He's going to make Sashi "too cute for his own good" lick his nutz. 

He was garbage, he got cut. That's what happens in the NFL.

None of this "oh but he CARED, he was the HEART of this CITY".

No. He was a good guy when he was here and a decent player early in his career, then he got injured and quickly became garbage. We asked him to take a salary reduction commensurate with the decline in his performance and he rejected. He then took nearly the exact same deal we offered him to go play for our rival team. Not only that, he turned down larger deals from other teams...meaning he WANTS to be an asshole. 

He's a piece of shit and that's all there is to it.

Go disappear into the nothing until some Josh Gordon news resurfaces.

I feel ya PoG. There is a human element to this whole fandom thing. The day l get reduced to 100% rooting for laundry is the day shit gets really fucking weird.

I can accept that Joe maybe lost a step. Business is business, l get that. No name calling needed. Just a tip of the cap, thanks for the memories, and best of luck. 

Well loyalty to me is MORE important than winning. 

Any self respecting Browns fan can attest to that. 

Dawgs are loyal. A code was broken today. And some could care less. 

That's fine. It is what it is- they don't make em like they used to.

The Browns are INFAMOUS for one thing. Self inflicted wounds. Cutting Joe Haden was a suicide attempt. This FO, Hue and maybe even Williams lost the locker room today. Maybe even the team. 

You can't honestly look these rookies in the face and tell them to work their asses off and produce, that they'll get a contract extension and be the face of the franchise- but, if you get hurt at anytime then we are gonna make you take a pay cut or outright cut you after you earned it.

Like I said. Nobody is gonna say it, but I will- They lost the team today. Haden was the face of the Franchise and Cleveland's adopted son, now he's in Black and Yellow. We will start out 0-1 this year for like the 16th year in a row or some shit.

Knowing this FO, they probably already went into tank mode. "Shit, we won 3 preseason games in a row with a defense that actually might contend!"- CUT JOE HADEN and destroy the teams chemistry and bond. Great, mission accomplished.

Don't hate me because I can see behind the curtains.  

Look Poetic, we liked Haden.  We did.  But it's time to move on.

Right from the start, from his Combine, he was not as fast as he was expected to be.

Again, right from the start with us, receivers got behind him quite often....he was notorious for grabbing the receiver's shirt on their way by him and pulling himself up to them.  Sometimes he got called for it, sometimes not.

He USED TO BE our best corner.  But he was never great.

Apparently Williams did not like what he's been seeing out of him.

Loyalty is not what it used to be.  Look what Pryor did to us.  The loyalty is to the fans.  To put the best team together that they can.  They did him a favor by cutting him now before the final roster cuts.

I, for one, am not shocked by this.

6 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Um Bill Belichick pretty much gifted us a stud linebacker in his prime- because he didn't want to overpay him- you know that right? Then they proceeded to win the Super Bowl. 

Joe had a couple surgeries to repair groin tears PO- you don't have surgery unless it's something major that's not going to heal on it's own. There's plenty of stuff out there PO that Joe is a shadow of his former self, but don't let that get in the way of a good rant\ cry session. 

apparently, Haden could have stayed with the Browns, but refused, via his agent, to take a pay cut. Is that right?

Then, Thanks for the memories earlier in your Career, Haden, good luck to you unless you play the Browns.

We did this same shit when dq left and showed he had plenty left in the tank when he went to indy. If ur nearing the end of ur career and arent really a lockerroom leader nor care to bring up the new guys, than fine. But cutting team leaders the likes of which the steelers retain to teach continuity us why the browns are where they are and the steelers are in the playoffs every other year or so.

equating cutting haden with gilbert is a puzzler....one knows his position inside and out and is a possible hof'er while the other is an utter 1st round bust who will struggle to make cfl roster

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

How did cutting dq work out for us? We got karlos dansby......and what legacy did he leave the browns? Nothing, he was here for a last paycheck. There was talk of dq immediately going to staff upon retirement.....doubt he'll ever come here under any capacity

simply put, every damn action has helped jimmy save money, and what have we done with that money? Aside from Collins what big names have we picked up?

58 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

We did this same shit when dq left and showed he had plenty left in the tank when he went to indy. If ur nearing the end of ur career and arent really a lockerroom leader nor care to bring up the new guys, than fine. But cutting team leaders the likes of which the steelers retain to teach continuity us why the browns are where they are and the steelers are in the playoffs every other year or so.

equating cutting haden with gilbert is a puzzler....one knows his position inside and out and is a possible hof'er while the other is an utter 1st round bust who will struggle to make cfl roster

Again, Jackson was sent packing by a previous FO. 

Joe a possible HOFer? Get real. He needs about 4 more Pro Bowls and All-League selections to even be in the discussion. The general suckitude of the Browns since 1999 is coloring your judgement IMHO. He's around 1\2 the player Clay Matthews was, and Clay is still waiting.... 

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

simply put, every damn action has helped jimmy save money, and what have we done with that money? Aside from Collins what big names have we picked up?

RRRRRIIIIGGGGHHHHTTT>>>>>>>> Jimmy is so into saving cash he dumped how many millions of his own money into stadium improvements (that he didn't have to, could have hit Cleveland up with the bill). As a businessman, he knows more wins = more money. You want to talk cheap, I give you that skinflint on the other side of the state Mike Brown. He's the only cold weather owner that won't put up the cash for an indoor practice facility. 

I get it (sort of). Doesn't make me happy though. Now is not the time to spend right up to the cap limit to win a few extra games. The Browns still have too many holes in too many places to even be thought about as a serious playoff contender. Last year was a complete tear down. This year and last is\was build the foundation. Next year is put the house on top of it. Probably 2019 is when we blow the cap on attracting the top FAs.  That doesn't always work. Miami gave Suh how many millions, and it got them exactly where? If you say not to the Super Bowl, go to the head of the class. 

17 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Joe Haden has recovered from his injuries that caused his "diminished skills". This makes me SICK! 

FUCKING GOD DAMNIT! 

FUCK THIS BULLSHIT- BEAN COUNTING FO- SMH!-  IT'S LOOKING TO BE WORSE THAN JOE FUCKING BANNER'S BEAN COUNTING ASS!!!!

I can't even think straight, I'm just seeing RED!!!!

Loyalty might not mean JACK SHIT to these smarty pants, but check this out- you guys up there in that FO just paid 16 MILLION mother fucking dollars for a second round draft pick. And if you think that Haden is not going to make the Browns pay for their DIS-LOYALTY... you are some truly dumb motherfuckers.

May have recovered from the injuries, but the skills are no less diminished. 

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Possible HOFer? I think you may be exaggerating a bit.

Joe was asked to adjust a bloated contract to stay as a 3rd or 4th string guy. He said no and took the exact same amount of money from the Steelers. Haden has been stealing money the last few years.

Haden was getting smoked off the line in Tampa, its why I came to the conclusion he was getting cut when the trade rumors came out.

Archived