THE BROWNS BOARD

Great Zomboni on the run

Zombo

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

My  pal's son is going to ride it out in Clearwater (he's a doc, so might be needed there) his wife and child just took a flight out of Dodge.  

Clearwater is where my daughter lives.....and is now at huge risk for a bullseye shot from this storm....hope your friend has a safe spot...

Outside of all the people at risk, Im worried sick for her new home(and Zombos too)....some tough times ahead for those who will be returning home in the coming days to find everything they own is gone or destroyed.....I know she could not afford the cost of flood/wind insurance, so will not be covered for any damage incurred....

Im already making plans to be in Florida to help her rebuild, if thats what we need to do.....have hammer, will travel.....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

Clearwater is where my daughter lives.....and is now at huge risk for a bullseye shot from this storm....hope your friend has a safe spot...

Outside of all the people at risk, Im worried sick for her new home(and Zombos too)....some tough times ahead for those who will be returning home in the coming days to find everything they own is gone or destroyed.....I know she could not afford the cost of flood/wind insurance, so will not be covered for any damage incurred....

Im already making plans to be in Florida to help her rebuild, if thats what we need to do.....have hammer, will travel.....

I hope our defense is as nasty as Irmageddon!

We border Clearwater and due to our elevation we live in evac zone D, which never got evacuated.  That doesn't help us with the wind surges expected to exceed 100-115 mph at 2:00am Monday.  We have great neighbors all around us that can help us if necessary and vice versa.  I'm more worried about my wife and furry little pet than myself.  Thank God we're only renting a condo this year.

Mudsies, if you need any help with the hammer and stuff when you get here - let me know and I'm there...

Flugel & wife are safe but sort of "in the dark" as they are without power. I have heard it may be a couple weeks in many areas before power is restored. Hopefully, the Flugs will get theirs back soon!

Mike

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Flugel & wife are safe but sort of "in the dark" as they are without power. I have heard it may be a couple weeks in many areas before power is restored. Hopefully, the Flugs will get theirs back soon!

Mike

My pal's son is also safe- no power as of yet, plenty of debris in the streets, but neighbor has a generator so at least he can charge his cell phone. Cell service is working in his area. 

Last I heard Z is still in Tennessee waiting until they know power is restored. Considering it was 90 today in Naples, not a bad idea. 

12 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

after this, I may turn Flugels into a "prepper"  yet....

"Prepper"... lol. Good one, but too bad that "Preppy" was already taken.

Archived