THE BROWNS BOARD

Corey Coleman placed on IR

LondonBrown

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

If Higgins is the solution, I don't want to know what the problem is..

Yup, Higgins clearly was the best WR the Browns had yesterday. Now about that Kenny Britt feller.....

Might be a tad early to label Coleman another Lawyer Tillman. For you young 'uns a Browns WR that couldn't stay healthy either. 

Britt should be a healthy scratch - for those of us who also follow the Cavs, the (in)famous DNP-CD

All the things that would be said about Britt On Paper can and should also be said about Njoku.

He adds nothing to the WR room except the smell of failure..

EDIT: Britt is asserted to be Good In the Red Zone because he has size and strong hands - but so does Njoku, as Njoku demonstrated yesterday in his TD catch.  Njoku actually does them; Britt doesn't

55 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Britt should be a healthy scratch - for those of us who also follow the Cavs, the (in)famous DNP-CD

All the things that would be said about Britt On Paper can and should also be said about Njoku.

He adds nothing to the WR room except the smell of failure..

At least Njoku is a rookie, that can't be said about Britt. I was afraid he would revert to pre-contract year form, and sure looks like that's happening. Man, he has played stinko the first two games.  

Just now, hoorta said:

At least Njoku is a rookie, that can't be said about Britt. I was afraid he would revert to pre-contract year form, and sure looks like that's happening. Man, he has played stinko the first two games.  

Exactly regarding Njoku....he's played ok...he's a rookie.   As for Britt....the drops are a problem, but I think the bigger problem is reading the reports from NFL people watching the games sayings he's putting no effort in on the majority of his routes.

Just now, Tour2ma said:

A rookie that just had a fair game at that...

LOL, I did like the announcer comment- who gets to keep the ball?  It was both Njoku and Hogan's first NFL touchdowns.  Flip for it?  

What a bust of a draft 2016 was for WR, I thought for sure we would have solved the WR problem with quantity but they blew it.

7 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Same hand.....different bone.

So now we have two first rounders forged in a china shop.

With as depleted the WRs are, either by injury or general ineptitude, the Browns need to consider running some 2 and hell, maybe 3 TE packages.

I actually like the TEs. Pound the ball with the extra TEs, have Kizer go downfield on play action. Time to play "ugly" ball. (Well, I guess our offense has been ugly for years, but you know what I mean. 1985 Kosar rookie season run the ball a ton football.

Well, this injury is unexpected......

This will be Coreys fifth(or maybe sixth) injury in just over a year or so.....(lets see 2 broken hands, 3 hamstrings and some weird internal injury)......so 6 it is.....

perfectly timed too.... right after one of his blatant drops.......it's all dropsies and ouchies with this guy.....

15 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

Well, this injury is unexpected......

This will be Coreys fifth(or maybe sixth) injury in just over a year or so.....(lets see 2 broken hands, 3 hamstrings and some weird internal injury)......so 6 it is.....

perfectly timed too.... right after one of his blatant drops.......it's all dropsies and ouchies with this guy.....

Agreed, he's definitely injury prone and fragile. He's shown some promise, but if he can't stay healthy what's the use?

he didn't see hard hitting defense in their conference. that's a mistake in criteria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Baylor_Bears_in_the_NFL_draft

Let see what other wr's from Baylor got into the NFL:

Tevin Reese 2014
Chargers

Terrence Williams 2013
Cowboys

Josh Gordon 2012
Browns

Kendall Wright 2012
Titans

and famous? David Gettis 2010
Panthers

and the great Melvin Bonner 1993
Broncos

doesn't sound like a wr factory to me.
anybody?

My sister once pushed me over a fence after her softball. I face planted just like Cory breaking my right arm..There Barb..I told on you again..50 years later & counting:wub: Worldwide Internet now baby sis

Archived