THE BROWNS BOARD

Some of u older dotards might not wanna watch football tom, or at least skip the anthem

Clevfan4life

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

I see we've gone to insults now.  Thought you were a moderator?

Seems to me you went on the offensive first. And even though I'm a moderator I'm also allowed to State my opinions. No? My take is pretty simple. An employer should be able to disciplined people who engage in activities, especially at work, that harm the business. I would assume if you own a business  and employed  somebody who was a member of the Westboro Baptist Church  and they were spouting their shit  in front of your customers ... And I'm sure you've seen pictures of half full stadiums since this crap started. Has nothing to do with somebody's First Amendment rights.

WSS

I love how its ok to protest/boycot starbucks because they said happy holidays, something that could affect the economy and peoples livelihoods (if it were to be taken stsly that is). But some colored boys cant take a knee in protest of racial inequality which whether u agree with it or not......literally harms no one.

famous right wing double standards. A public officer employed by the govt is perfectly fine not to do her publically sworn job because it interferes with her religious beleifs. But some colored boys cant raise a fist during the anthem. Or sit. Or kneel. Or make bead necklaces etc,etc.....

"you people" are in my ladt fucking nerve. Men with no principle, who raft from one hypocricy to another...cling to an ocean of double standards............have no honor. None. 

How about these fuckers write a poem and cry in the corner.  I love in a black community the only in equality is what you make of it.  If you don't go to school or get a job or try it is on

you and no one else. So shut the Fuck up.

33 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

I love how its ok to protest/boycot starbucks because they said happy holidays, something that could affect the economy and peoples livelihoods (if it were to be taken stsly that is). But some colored boys cant take a knee in protest of racial inequality which whether u agree with it or not......literally harms no one.

famous right wing double standards. A public officer employed by the govt is perfectly fine not to do her publically sworn job because it interferes with her religious beleifs. But some colored boys cant raise a fist during the anthem. Or sit. Or kneel. Or make bead necklaces etc,etc.....

"you people" are in my ladt fucking nerve. Men with no principle, who raft from one hypocricy to another...cling to an ocean of double standards............have no honor. None. 

Or Hobby Lobby? Or Chick-fil-A?

And in this case, the NFL, the employer, the business The Entity probably doesn't want this horseshit happening on their time.

And it's not even a protest from the offended parties. Like I said it just makes it less fun. You like it because you like offending people.

WSS

11 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Or Hobby Lobby? Or Chick-fil-A?

And in this case, the NFL, the employer, the business The Entity probably doesn't want this horseshit happening on their time.

And it's not even a protest from the offended parties. Like I said it just makes it less fun. You like it because you like offending people.

WSS

I can assure you if they actually did something disruptive or "actually" offensive, the NFL would clamp down on it. This is not the same thing as some guy getting on twitter on a company account talking about fags going to hell or some shit like that. I know you want to create false equivalencies but it's not flying. If these players did shit like wipe their asses with the flag as the anthem was playing, different story. 

Would you be happier if they just went back to the lockerroom?

36 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

You know what's really interesting about this?

How about they adhere to their own Rules :

image.thumb.png.1d34b34f16ccfeaab7eb5044a835960e.png

Hmmmm, loss of Draft choices . . . that'd go over real well here wouldn't it ?

Great point. I did not know that. They are probably afraid of riots. That's usually the fear.

And when they start to lose enough revenue it will be even worse. Of course if any players do find themselves without a job because of standing up for their rights, I doubt they will be able to find another job that pays as well considering their level of literacy. The good news is when they are unemployed they will be eligible for a snap card, a free gift ironically from the country they disrespect.

:lol:

WSS

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

But the NFL enforces the rules strictly when the Cowboys had the nerve to want to honor the police officers who were killed. Oh no we can't have that. We have rules that have to be enforced. Hypocrites.

Oh, THANK YOU for that - I had forgotten. I guess inner city support for the NFL is far more important than

the rest of America. We don't riot, have many gangs..

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8332/nfl-rejects-dallas-cowboys-honoring-slain-police-hank-berrien

2 hours ago, JAFBF said:

You know what's really interesting about this?

How about they adhere to their own Rules :

image.thumb.png.1d34b34f16ccfeaab7eb5044a835960e.png

Hmmmm, loss of Draft choices . . . that'd go over real well here wouldn't it ?

NFL Rulebook

http://operations.nfl.com/media/2646/2017-playing-rules.pdf

Search for the sentences in the quote you posted. They don't exist. 

that is true. typical internet. However, search for "nfl rule book national anthem"

and you will find this:

http://www.krem.com/news/local/verify/verify-are-nfl-football-players-required-to-stand-for-the-national-anthem/478361450

The only section of the Official Playing Rules that could be pertinent to the issue would be Article 8 under Section 4, “EQUIPMENT, UNIFORMS, PLAYER APPEARANCE.” The rule states that

“Throughout the period on game-day that a player is visible to the stadium and television audience (including in pregame warm-ups, in the bench area, and during postgame interviews in the locker room or on the field), players are prohibited from wearing, displaying, or otherwise conveying personal messages either in writing or illustration, unless such message has been approved in advance by the League office. Items to celebrate anniversaries or memorable events, or to honor or commemorate individuals, such as helmet decals, and arm bands and jersey patches on players’ uniforms, are prohibited unless approved in advance by the League office. All such items approved by the League office, if any, must relate to team or League events or personages. The League will not grant permission for any club or player to wear, display, or otherwise convey messages, through helmet decals, arm bands, jersey patches, or other items affixed to game uniforms or equipment, which relate to political activities or causes, other non-football events, causes or campaigns, or charitable causes or campaigns. Further, any such approved items must be modest in size, tasteful, non-commercial, and noncontroversial; must not be worn for more than one football season; and if approved for use by a specific team, must not be worn by players on other teams in the League.”

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/illustration

Synonym Discussion of illustration

instance, case, illustration, example, sample, specimen mean something that exhibits distinguishing characteristics in its category. instance applies to any individual person, act, or thing that may be offered to illustrate or explain.
    • an instance of history repeating itself
case is used to direct attention to a real or assumed occurrence or situation that is to be considered, studied, or dealt with.
    • a case of mistaken identity

Snopes.com claims that this rule does not, in fact, exist. The article cites the rule quoted above and reports "No such wording appears in the 2017 version of the Official Playing Rules of the National Football League.

Yet the NFL's Game Operations Manual -- which the league refers to as its "bible" -- is different than its rulebook. It is not available to the public. The rule cited above comes from the league itself, via the Washington Post

The Post reported Sunday that the NFL confirmed the rule's existence but emphasized their ability to enforce it selectively:

Under the league rule, the failure to be on the field for the anthem may result in discipline such as a fine, suspension or loss of a draft pick. But a league official said the key phrase is “may” result, adding he won’t speculate on whether the Steelers would be disciplined.

The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league’s game operations manual, according to a league source. 

Archived