THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

1 minute ago, Mudfly said:

Considering he's only won 1 game in a season and a quarter(5%).....dont see him suddenly winning 30% plus going forward.....

Reportedly, Jimmy gave him his vote of confidence.............. So I expect to wake up tomorrow to Hue's firing. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

Considering he's only won 1 game in a season and a quarter(5%).....dont see him suddenly winning 30% plus going forward.....

And I'm not a fire Hue guy.  I've been saying for years the unfortunate obstacle for the Browns is ownership and that's really hard to fix.  Ownership has continually hired front office personnel who have completely failed in their talent assessment and without talent you don't turn franchises around.

Just now, BaconHound said:

And I'm not a fire Hue guy.  I've been saying for years the unfortunate obstacle for the Browns is ownership and that's really hard to fix.  Ownership has continually hired from office personnel who have completely failed in their talent assessment and without talent you don't turn franchises around.

Im with you on that. I havent supported a coaches firing since shurmur....Now, I think Jimmy has created a situation for himself with his impatience and fear of what people will say if/when he fires Hue....who just may be the worst coach of the bunch.....(in my eyes, he is)......So, jimmy will stubbornly stick with the one guy who probably shouldnt be a HC....

Just now, Mudfly said:

Im with you on that. I havent supported a coaches firing since shurmur....Now, I think Jimmy has created a situation for himself with his impatience and fear of what people will say if/when he fires Hue....who just may be the worst coach of the bunch.....(in my eyes, he is)......So, jimmy will stubbornly stick with the one guy who probably shouldnt be a HC....

What I don't understand is how Sashi & Paul convinced Jimmah that they somehow have the genius way to assemble a football team that only they could've conceived.

2 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

Agreed he'll double down on crazy until we are three years in at 6-42

One thing I don't like is the silence from Haslam & Sashi in the media.  Again as with Pettine it's not cool to let the HC take all the Sheet when ultimately they are providing the talent.  Sashi has to answer for Bowe and Britt as well as trading "talent" picks to draft projects.

This brings me back to my old point. Does Jimmy really care about winning? has he done anything to change the culture? Or is he just a clueless jerry jones wannabe.

I hate to say this, but christ, was lerner a better owner?

Jimmy cares about making money for sure I bet.

How much has he saved with this pathetic roster of D-Leaguers.

Another idiotic 1+1 = 3"It rreally.was not a bad loss because the Bengals are way gooder than their trick 0-3 shows.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

How did your fight with Zombo go this morning?

He couldn't get out of the house, what with the forklift and fireman both unavailable.  

Just got back from the complete Sheet show. Horrendously bad.

Now here's something to ponder. It was only 14 game seasons, but the gawdawful Tampa Bay Yuckaneers in their first two seasons went 2-26. Browns can seriously challenge 26 losses in 2 seasons. BTW, Tampa was 7-37 in their first three seasons. Think we have 6 wins in this team this year? I doubt it.

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Now here's something to ponder. It was only 14 game seasons, but the gawdawful Tampa Bay Yuckaneers in their first two seasons went 2-26. Browns can seriously challenge 26 losses in 2 seasons. BTW, Tampa was 7-37 in their first three seasons. Think we have 6 wins in this team this year? I doubt it.

In their fourth season, they went to the NFC Championship Game... ;)

58 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

If Hue can win 4 games or so, I think he will save his job.

But as I said last year, if this team can’t improve on a 1-15 season...he’s gone.

Is Cleveland getting dangerously close to losing it's football team again?

NOT FUNNY but this crap can not continue forever, only the Indians and Cavaliers are saving face in professional sports in NE Ohio. They need a miracle besides the Indians winning it all.........

3 minutes ago, syd said:

first off any dumb butt Shmuck who thinks we are gonna see the Browns leave are brain damaged

second Hey Phil Dawson just hit a 50 yarder

I'm sure Houston (Oilers) San Diego and other cities thought the same thing. I don't want to see it but another 1-15 season? 0-16? 2-14? The fan base is already eroding just look around  here, a bunch of us oldies hanging on hoping for 1964 again.

Any turnaround miracles for the Brownies? 

43 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I fondly remember the 5-11 years under Mangini. Even with Chud it was never as bad as with Hue-Hue now. 1-19 and counting.

Just now, mjp28 said:

I'm sure Houston (Oilers) San Diego and other cities thought the same thing. I don't want to see it but another 1-15 season? 0-16? 2-14? The fan base is already eroding just look around  here, a bunch of us oldies hanging on hoping for 1964 again.

Any turnaround miracles for the Brownies? 

I understand what you mean but unless the other owners get really tired of us not pulling are weight I can't see the same city getting a team ripped away from them twice 

Go Tribe

......There are still 13 franchises that have never secured a Super Bowl championship, including four teams who have never even made it to the big game -- the Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions and the expansion Houston Texans and Jacksonville Jaguars.

After winning Super Bowl 50, the Denver Broncos became the ninth franchise to win at least three Super Bowls.....

Oddly the Cavaliers and Indians might be buying the Browns more time, how much? A few years? A decade?

16 minutes ago, syd said:

first off any dumb butt Shmuck who thinks we are gonna see the Browns leave are brain damaged

second Hey Phil Dawson just hit a 50 yarder

Well,

Take a few minutes away from your paper route, ad let me teach you something. There are already several hedge fund, capital entities talking about buying the team from Haslam. So whether your little pea brain thinks the Browns are here for good or not, you might want to do a little more reading and less opening your pie hole.  The Browns are already inplay. What happens, we will see, but I would like to see them moved and renamed.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

How did your fight with Zombo go this morning?

The "fight" only existed in Zomblow's head. It was never anything more than a fantasy. By his own admission, Zomblow has never been in a fist fight, and he has no muscle mass. Now think about it............................

Some guy insults your wife............do you call him up and invite him to fly 800 miles to fight you? Or do you go to his doorstep and fight him.

A bully terrifies your kid.....do you call his Dad and invite the tow of them to travel to you so you can beat their butt..........or do you go to them?

HAD I ISSUED THE CHALLENGE.............then Zomlow could have accepted and made conditions of where the fight would be.  

HOWEVER............... other than in his vagina brain, Zomblow never issued me a formal fight challenge. You don't play badass and say.. I am going to kick your butt...now you have to buy a plane ticket, rent a car, get a hotel room and fly 1,000 miles to see me. 

Zomblow is a small sized man, he is an alcoholic (his own admission), He is a realtor, he has never been in a fistfight, he was raised in a suburb, and had no fight training at all.

Conversely, now 55 pounds down, at 255, and 62, I am still a baddass. Always have been. Sparred with several heavy weight contenders when nobody else wanted to take the pounding. Zomblow wants a fight? He doesn't get to pick fantasy island as the location. You don't ask someone to spend $1,000 to fight you. He chose Cleveland because he knows I wouldn't be caught dead there, let alone spend money so I could show up and watch him make excuses.

If he wants to fight, he can come to me. Ample Notice, I'll have Earnie in my corner. We have a great ring here, OR, in Vegas if he would like.

Now, I realize that you guys having to come in here day after day and witness everything I have predicted coming true, is a bitter, bitter pill to swallow. So, you invent fantasy scenarios in which you get to be vindicated. Like you fantasize about punching your boss, or having sex with a famous woman. Same idea, Zomblow has been so emasculated by me on TBB, he created a fantasy where he imagines he beats me up.

Sorry, that Sheet isn't going to happen. There are women I know that can kick his butt. No puny fuckhole with 15" biceps is going to step into a ring and get anythign but fucked up. He really wants a fight? I'm right here. Make no mistake, he would have bodily damage, and he wouldn't leave the ring upright. He's a realtor, man.

14 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Well,

Take a few minutes away from your paper route, ad let me teach you something. There are already several hedge fund, capital entities talking about buying the team from Haslam. So whether your little pea brain thinks the Browns are here for good or not, you might want to do a little more reading and less opening your pie hole.  The Browns are already inplay. What happens, we will see, but I would like to see them moved and renamed.

where did you get your information from ?

Defensively we simply need our guys back... especially Collins and, assuming you can "get back" what you've yet to have, Garrett. We have to generate pressure. Secondary just isn't that good.

Speaking of secondary... who is our 2nd best deep Centerfielder? 'Cause Peppers just ain't working... and I am not blaming him, I'm just saying if that he's not really contributing "there", then put someone else there and use him to his greatest advantage... up near the LOS where God intended.

Offensively? I know the issue: Teams are just laying back... telling us, "If you can string together a 12-play drive and score, show us you can. Until then we'll play you soft and wait for you to make an error."

Problem is that I have not yet settled on a solution. My best leading candidate is still get Kizer the Shmuck under Center,put an "I" behind him and buckle up some chin straps.

That is all... for now...

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Defensively we simply need our guys back... especially Collins and, assuming you can "get back" what you've yet to have, Garrett. We have to generate pressure. Secondary just isn't that good.

Speaking of secondary... who is our 2nd best deep Centerfielder? 'Cause Peppers just ain't working... and I am not blaming him, I'm just saying if that he's not really contributing "there", then put someone else there and use him to his greatest advantage... up near the LOS where God intended.

Offensively? I know the issue: Teams are just laying back... telling us, "If you can string together a 12-play drive and score, show us you can. Until then we'll play you soft and wait for you to make an error."

Problem is that I have not yet settled on a solution. My best leading candidate is still get Kizer the Shmuck under Center,put an "I" behind him and buckle up some chin straps.

That is all... for now...

Ed Reynolds.... he gone.    

Powell would have been our next best bet buuuuuut - he gone.   

Archived