THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland Browns - Back from the Dead

PoeticG

These last four games have been painful to watch. It's been a rough ride but I hope that we are through that now.

Kizer is the QB, for now, and our mentality must be, next man up. I believe that the kid can do just enough to win. He must.

This is a must win. It's fourth and goal and we need a score to stay relevant. One way or another, either the Defense needs to awaken or the Offense needs to strike. 

It's all hands on deck... only one team has ever started 0-4 and made the playoffs. You may scoff at the mention of the playoffs but this is what we play for.

If we can win, at home verses the born again Jets, we have a chance. I have faith, and that is what we need right now. Nothing is gonna get better unless we make it better. It's time- Make a stand, here and now.

We are getting MG back on the field. He's gonna have to be the heartbeat that pulls this team together, through his presence and his play. After Haden left this Defense needs that heartbeat back. Myles, can you do that? 

I have a feeling that the Defense is going to have it's best game this year, they will swarm, they will attack and they will get Kizer AS MANY opportunities as it takes to win this game. Garrett, Ogbah, Orchard, Nassib, Shelton are gonna GO OFF! Collins has cleared concussion protocol and joins the squad. We are at the gates of Hell but the Goon Squad and the Hall of Pain are gonna make Tom Petty proud this Sunday.

We've got 12 games left but this is one is the only one that matters. It's playoff time in Cleveland, win or go home. One game at a time. Time to fire up! 

...speaking of that, we need to let the NFL know that we want Josh Gordon back now. At the stadium we need to petition Goodell to reinstate Gordon. Make a chant, hold a sign, get attention to that issue. #FREEJOSHGORDON

35 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

...speaking of that, we need to let the NFL know that we want Josh Gordon back now. At the stadium we need to petition Goodell to reinstate Gordon. Make a chant, hold a sign, get attention to that issue. #FREEJOSHGORDON

Doesn't Puffy have to ask to be reinstated first?  

Listened into ESPN's Mark Dominick today on NFL Radio..Says Gordon won't play a down this season & Probably not interested in hiring a Agent at this time for reinstatement..It's about lifestyle change right now & can he handle it..Good Luck Josh..Sorry Poedawg!! Don't shoot the messenger. Sounds like a attempt at a cleaning up Josh's lifestyle just out-weights a game to Gordon right now..Lets also see if Dominick knows something our media knows nothing about (supposedly, jump MKC jump)  

What’s the point of going 4-12, 5-11 though really? 

The strip down to bare bones was still going on you see that after Haden left this off season. If truth be told as painful as it is the Browns are better off picking at #1 again, the roster is still a long way away.

The FO know it and they’re ok with it even if they won’t say it 

Back from the dead..Peppers is playing back far enough the grass is dying..Get Kindred back there with no bad angle depth needed..Crows dying of crows-feet with playbook hole blindness..Get Matt Dayes back there & let him do spins threw same holes Crow can't find..WR's Catch the same damn ball that got you paid to do it.. Good Rant Night   

Poetic, you're full of 'faith' and 'hope'.    As my mother would say, "Gaad Bless ya".

Garrett is gonna play some I guess.  But he ain't gonna play all that much.  They're going to go easy on him.  (I half expect him to turn up lame again during the game)

Our D is NOT gonna magically be good.  Especially playing Peppers out of position (out at the warning tack when he's best suited up near the LOS).  Williams is trying to make him his personal superman.  But he IS NOT an NFL superman.

Josh McCown is not all that great anymore.  But he's waay good enough to beat us.

Free agent DE Michael Sam said he's going to try "one more shot" at the NFL, and has scheduled a workout with the Cleveland Browns.
Finding a team to give Sam that "one more shot" is going to be the difficult part. Sam has a diva attitude off the field and isn't very good on it. The former seventh-round pick of the Rams didn't make it out of final cuts after he was drafted in 2014 and quit the CFL's Montreal Alouettes twice in a two-month span. He said he wasn't getting better as a player in Canada. The NFL isn't a developmental league, but the Cleveland Browns could use a pass rush boost after losing Myles Garrett the first quarter of the season. Sam would provide depth and heart to the Browns, who are hurting for playmakers more than ever.

Dun Dun Dun

Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam would welcome LB Michael Sam

Jimmy Haslam would welcome Michael Sam with wide open arms

"Absolutely we would welcome Michael Sam to the Cleveland Browns organization if he can help us win games and he's the right football player for this team,'' Haslam said in a statement provided by the Browns. "We are intent on creating an environment that is supportive, accepting and respectful of individual rights and differences."

- Haslam

Well it is a Ghoolie Hack-free weekend..were burning daylight here. Haslam must be confused by reading Green eggs with Sam by reading the great Dr. Zuess Book.... Ghoolie I Am....................................................................Gay!!                                                                                                                    

We don't need another DE. 

We have Garrett back. We have Orchard, Nassib and Ogbah. 

We need to execute on Offense to help the Defense out symbiotically. 

Get Kizer going and playing to his strengths. Compliment to ground game with the pass game. We have to pass when they think we're gonna run and run when they think we're gonna pass. We are playing to predictably right now. We need to execute better screen plays to slow down the pressure on Kizer. Run sweep plays and get the guys the ball in space, create RAC opportunities. 

We don't need another DE.

9 hours ago, Orion said:

Poetic, you're full of 'faith' and 'hope'.    As my mother would say, "Gaad Bless ya".

Garrett is gonna play some I guess.  But he ain't gonna play all that much.  They're going to go easy on him.  (I half expect him to turn up lame again during the game)

Our D is NOT gonna magically be good.  Especially playing Peppers out of position (out at the warning tack when he's best suited up near the LOS).  Williams is trying to make him his personal superman.  But he IS NOT an NFL superman.

Josh McCown is not all that great anymore.  But he's waay good enough to beat us.

Problem with playing Peppers that far back is it creates holes the size of the Grand Canyon (relatively speaking) in front of him for slant routes. Opposing teams have wised up to that. If you wont let us beat you deep, we'll nickle- dime you to death.

A decent Browns pass rush for a change would help in that regard.

On 10/6/2017 at 10:30 PM, D Bone said:

Doesn't Puffy have to ask to be reinstated first?  

HA!   While we're waiting on the 12th of Never, we might as well sign Cheech and Chong and bring in Spicoli for a shot at the slot.  

On 10/6/2017 at 9:53 PM, PoeticG said:

These last four games have been painful to watch. It's been a rough ride but I hope that we are through that now.

Kizer is the QB, for now, and our mentality must be, next man up. I believe that the kid can do just enough to win. He must.

This is a must win. It's fourth and goal and we need a score to stay relevant. One way or another, either the Defense needs to awaken or the Offense needs to strike. 

It's all hands on deck... only one team has ever started 0-4 and made the playoffs. You may scoff at the mention of the playoffs but this is what we play for.

If we can win, at home verses the born again Jets, we have a chance. I have faith, and that is what we need right now. Nothing is gonna get better unless we make it better. It's time- Make a stand, here and now.

We are getting MG back on the field. He's gonna have to be the heartbeat that pulls this team together, through his presence and his play. After Haden left this Defense needs that heartbeat back. Myles, can you do that? 

I have a feeling that the Defense is going to have it's best game this year, they will swarm, they will attack and they will get Kizer AS MANY opportunities as it takes to win this game. Garrett, Ogbah, Orchard, Nassib, Shelton are gonna GO OFF! Collins has cleared concussion protocol and joins the squad. We are at the gates of Hell but the Goon Squad and the Hall of Pain are gonna make Tom Petty proud this Sunday.

We've got 12 games left but this is one is the only one that matters. It's playoff time in Cleveland, win or go home. One game at a time. Time to fire up! 

Well, I kind of feel the same way, which is why I picked the Browns to win their first game of the year.  I think the defense will be swarming, I think we'll FINALLY make some red zone stops, and I predict we'll get a touchdown from either our defense or special teams.  We need a spark from SOMEWHERE.  If you have Duke on a fantasy roster, I'd probably think about starting him because he's going to be catching a lot of balls.  We'll be looking for him on many of our 3rd downs, and he has the hands to make some difficult receptions.  

Don't be surprised if Jamie Collins goes absolutely bananas today.  His body will be VERY fresh, and he'll be quicker than usual today.  When he was out, we had nobody that could "win on a blitz".  Well, Jamie is a guy who can definitely win, and I think he'll have a sack today.  In fact, he might even be the guy who scores our defensive touchdown.  We've gotten our hands on a few passes this year, either on the line or middle of the field, but we haven't come down with enough INT's.  I mean, GOD KNOWS if the Browns are passing the ball and it gets popped up in the air, there's going to be a defensive player shooting out of nowhere to make a freaking amazing interception.  Well, it's time we catch one of these deflections and not only secure it, but run that son of a gun back to the HOUSE.  

I think the wildcard is Crowell.  It's no secret he's completely ticked off, and we heard ALL DANG YEAR that we want to be a team that runs the ball, but it's kind of hard to do that when you're always down 100 points.  If the game is close, and we can loosen the defense up with a few quick passes, we might be able to run the ball.  We do that, and we're going to win the game.  Josh WILL give us one or two chances at a big defensive play...we have to make them.  If he fumbles it...we get it.  If the ball gets deflected...it's ours.  The opportunities will be there, they always are with him.  It's freaking time.  

Well, that last game was a must win. We were 0-4 and only one team had come back to make the Playoffs. The 92 Chargers. 

Now we are 0-5 and entering the realm of -No team in NFL history has come back from this depth to make the playoffs.

...until the 2017 Legendary Cleveland Browns. At least that is the hope in Brownstown. How can the Browns make the Playoffs. 

I thought that this would be a good thread to kind of talk about that prospect. 

So, let's kick it off. 

The Browns have lost a game to each of their division rivals.

This puts them at 0-3 in the division and a big reason we are down big right now.

The good news is we have a chance to make these 3 losses a wash by beating these same three teams the last three games of the season! 

That would put us at 2 games behind both Baltimore and Pittsburgh and only 1 game behind Cincy. 

We have lost close games to the JETS and the Colts. Both games were decided by 3 points. 

The Bengals have a BYE so they will stay at 2-3 

Pittsburgh plays the Chiefs - The Chiefs are 5-0 and could give Pit another loss. 

The Ravens play the Bears - Let's hope Trubisky and the Bears can put it on Baltimore and give them a loss. 

So when we get our first win and PIT and BAL lose, the Division race will look like this...

Team     W       L       T

PIT        3         3        0

BAL       3        3        0

CIN        2        3        0

CLE       1        5        0

One play at a time, one game at time, one win at a time, let's not give up Dawgpound, we can do this.

BTW- The soccer team I coach just won the Championship today! :) Let's Goooo!

16 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

BTW- The soccer team I coach just won the Championship today! :) Let's Goooo!

Well then, a congrats to you!

......my son played some soccer in grade school.  One time they put me in charge of setting up the field before a game.  I tried to let them know that I knew friggin' nothing about soccer.  (it just wasn't played when I was going through school)  - So, being the one-on-one champ of varsity basketball, I made the center circle the same size as the tip-off circle at half-court. :)

The only way we pick top 3 is if Watson shits the bed, repeatedly. Cause we fittin to win baby.

Here come the UnderDawgs!  

We CAN beat BAL/PIT/CIN especially if Hogan is ready to take this opportunity by the balls. When we rematch these guys weeks 15-16-17 we will be a much better and a more matured team. I like our chances in those games and then next 3 weeks look winnable to me. Go into the BYE at 3-5 and we have a shot. But like I said, we have to win this week. 

The road back to the Playoffs starts with the first few steps going in the right direction. Kevin Hogan and the UnderDawgs!!!!

1 hour ago, Orion said:

......my son played some soccer in grade school.  One time they put me in charge of setting up the field before a game.  I tried to let them know that I knew friggin' nothing about soccer.  (it just wasn't played when I was going through school) 

Soccer wasn't around when you went to school?

Must have been a magical time then. :lol:

Archived