THE BROWNS BOARD

Start Kevin Hogan!

PoeticG

Nobody cares to speculate what the team would look like if Hogan can stabilize the QB position?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Nobody cares to speculate what the team would look like if Hogan can stabilize the QB position?

Wasn't there a Raiders fan who recently popped on here to pimp the idea of Mark McGloin?  Perhaps we could ask the same question of him... What if McGloin could stabilize the QB situation in Cleveland?  Is that "what if" enough of an argument to make him a must-add to the roster?

Or can we say that he mostly likely would NOT be the answer at quarterback (by a large percentage) and therefore be unworthy of... I wouldn't say discussion.  But certainly a gnashing of teeth. 

Hell I'd love it if Hogan was the guy.  Just as I'd love it if Kizer worked out, or McGloin if he was brought in, or Finger Phuckless whatever random yahoo.  I don't give a flying dink who it is that eventually stabilizes this position.  I just want it to happen.

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

We are a glorified college team at this point of our rebuild. Don't you get that?

We are the youngest team in the league, and by a lot. Maybe having one of the best respected, smart and hard working college QBs (of all time) would benefit this young team? ... as opposed as Kizer and Kessler that didn't win in college and somehow they are expected to win at the pro level?

1) too bad the rest of the NFL isn't. :(  

I have no idea who is starting at QB this week, and it's probably the first time all year I didn't have at least an inkling of who'd be back there taking snaps.  I think if we had Joe Thomas, you might've seen Kessler back there, but since he's obviously gone for the year, I'm not sure you can put Kessler back there.  You saw what happened when Joe left the Titans game.  The opposition will just bring a TON of pressure, and we don't really have a way to mitigate it.  Once we get to 3rd and long, and we will because we can't run the ball, we might as well punt it.  We might get away with one or two screen passes that work, but a team can't run that EVERY 3rd and long.  Cody can't evade pressure, and once a defender gets a finger on him, he's going down.  For this reason alone I think you have to look at Kizer or Hogan.  They can at least get yards with their feet and possibly avoid pressure.  

I'm NOT looking forward to this game...at all.  I'm watching it with my father who is 67 years old and he remembers all of the good old days.  He refuses to watch these Browns...except for when I ask him to because I want to hang with my dad.  I can already hear my father yelling at the screen....good times...good times.  

I don't think it matters a hill of beans who we start at quarterback. I truly don't see ANY one of them being better than the other two. NONE of them look very good. Kizer, Kessler, or Hogan.....Hue should just pick one of them and let them develop. As far as 0-16 for the first draft pick? SCREW THAT!! I'm a Brown's fan, I want to WIN. NOW. We've had top draft picks before. How'd that work out for the last 18 years? We SUCK at drafting players. Too many more "building years" with no wins, and the Browns won't be able to fill  St. Ignatius' high school stadium.  Fans, at least ME, are sick and tired of losing.  I LOVE my Browns. I'm 66 years old, and I've been a loyal Browns fan since I was in 6th grade. The games I've been to this year, the team on the field, does not even LOOK like a professional NFL team. I was at the Bengals game when Brian Sipe and several other Browns from the glory days were honored at halftime. Brought back such great memories of the "Cardiac Kids". Man, I long for those days again. 

Kessler deserves the nod over Hogan..

I mean sure he looked great coming in relief of Kizer, but when he had the week to prepare.. it was bad..

The way Hue has handled this situation has been awful.. If you tell everyone you are going to stay with the rook, THEN LEAVE HIM IN!

If you are going to start Kessler or Hogan, then LEAVE ONE OF THEM IN!

This carousel is worse than just leaving one guy out there. Kizer probably went out and got hammered because he has no confidence in himself anymore..

If they want him to ride the bench.. STRATTLE THAT B*TCH!
If they want him to be out there.. SADDLE UP THE KIZER TRAIN THEN!

This is why we will be 0-16. NO CONTINUITY! NO GOOD LT REPLACEMENT! NO STABLE QB DECISION! NO CLOCK MANAGEMENT! NO D*CK!

1 hour ago, domcucch1994 said:

Kessler deserves the nod over Hogan..

I mean sure he looked great coming in relief of Kizer, but when he had the week to prepare.. it was bad..

The way Hue has handled this situation has been awful.. If you tell everyone you are going to stay with the rook, THEN LEAVE HIM IN!

If you are going to start Kessler or Hogan, then LEAVE ONE OF THEM IN!

This carousel is worse than just leaving one guy out there. Kizer probably went out and got hammered because he has no confidence in himself anymore..

If they want him to ride the bench.. STRATTLE THAT B*TCH!
If they want him to be out there.. SADDLE UP THE KIZER TRAIN THEN!

This is why we will be 0-16. NO CONTINUITY! NO GOOD LT REPLACEMENT! NO STABLE QB DECISION! NO CLOCK MANAGEMENT! NO D*CK!

What you don't like the newest made in Cleveland movie, "Desperation Carousel"?:P

I'm with you PoG. Start Hogan. These Shmucking morons want to start the worst QB in the league. We have two other QB's who are better. STATS PROVE IT!! Dumbasses. Put the QB in that gives us the best chance to win. Kizer is not that guy. Shmuck his growth. We want to win asap.

5 minutes ago, thomam3 said:

Here you go dum dums. I don't care about "garbage time" Hogan is currently the best QB on our roster. Play him.

browns.png

All this does is tell me that perhaps the Browns should make a trade for a QB before the deadline.

Or sign Colin Kaepernick. 

The die has been cast. Kizer gets the nod this weekend in London. It is what it is, come on Kizer, we need your A game this week. No turnovers, impale the receivers in the numbers and finish the drive. We need this win, it's international. We need to play our best.

Still hoping for Hogan and Gordon and Coleman after the BYE Week. Reinvent ourselves in the second half. 

Eric wrote this song for Kordell Stewart but it applies to Kizer............. (Sung to Popeye's song)

He's Sockeyed the quarterback

He fumbles when he gets sacked

He drives to the goal line

Then throws to the wrong guy

He's Sockeyed the quarterback

He's sockeyed the quarterback

can I get my quarter back? 

Hue's starting the wrong guy

Hogan's his fall guy

He loves to sockeye the quarterback

Archived