THE BROWNS BOARD

Kizer QB Rating

onkyoreceiver

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, onkyoreceiver said:

Had Coleman hauled in the 29 yard TD from Kizer, what would Kizer's QB rating have been for the game?  Anyone have any idea?  Just curious.

He had his best Qbr of the year, 86.5 

Had he scored that TD he would have had 297 yards, 19/31 61% completion rate, and 1 pass TD 0 INT. 

http://www.primecomputing.com

Here I introduced the data and it said 103 Qbr. That's really good. Damn it. He may have played his best game yet!

1 hour ago, Nero said:

He had his best Qbr of the year, 86.5 

Had he scored that TD he would have had 297 yards, 19/31 61% completion rate, and 1 pass TD 0 INT. 

http://www.primecomputing.com

Here I introduced the data and it said 103 Qbr. That's really good. Damn it. He may have played his best game yet!

Well you know Kizer stinks.  If you don't believe me, ask 90% of the people on this board.  Like I've said before, he's a rookie and needs time.  This year cannot count, you have to start analyzing him beginning next year.  

9 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

Well you know Kizer stinks.  If you don't believe me, ask 90% of the people on this board.  Like I've said before, he's a rookie and needs time.  This year cannot count, you have to start analyzing him beginning next year.  

Sorry, 0-11 counts plenty. & if we don't double down and take another QB high in 2018, there just might be a riot. Kizer has a long, long way to go to convince me he's our QBOTF.

4 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

I think unless he really turns it around and starts winning, he won't be our starter going into next year.

If he is, and we go 0-16 this year, then god help us.....

Like I said in another post...Kizer DESERVED for that throw to be caught. His absolute best pass of his career to his most reliable target on the field (Gordon not yet activated obviously). He deserved to feel that rush, to experience that success, to run and embrace his teammates. Kizer put his body on the line multiple times. He ran with a purpose and even displayed patience waiting for blockers. He was mostly decisive with his throws and his accuracy was improved for the most part. That drop hurt my heart because the kid really fought. I've been his toughest critic, and I struggle to point out too many errors in this game for a struggling rookie. Heck, even on our last drive Skillet Hands Louis managed to drop a perfect pass. 

Maybe Kizer can string together two nice games in a row. As a rookie, he's obviously struggled with consistency, and it'd be terrific to see him have two solid, turnover free games. And I tell you what, if Kizer can make some of those nice passes to GORDON, I think we'll see a different result. My only fear is that Kizer will "over-target" Josh Gordon and either force some bad passes, or simply miss other people because he's locked in on the freakish WR. 

22 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Like I said in another post...Kizer DESERVED for that throw to be caught. His absolute best pass of his career to his most reliable target on the field (Gordon not yet activated obviously). He deserved to feel that rush, to experience that success, to run and embrace his teammates. Kizer put his body on the line multiple times. He ran with a purpose and even displayed patience waiting for blockers. He was mostly decisive with his throws and his accuracy was improved for the most part. That drop hurt my heart because the kid really fought. I've been his toughest critic, and I struggle to point out too many errors in this game for a struggling rookie. Heck, even on our last drive Skillet Hands Louis managed to drop a perfect pass. 

Maybe Kizer can string together two nice games in a row. As a rookie, he's obviously struggled with consistency, and it'd be terrific to see him have two solid, turnover free games. And I tell you what, if Kizer can make some of those nice passes to GORDON, I think we'll see a different result. My only fear is that Kizer will "over-target" Josh Gordon and either force some bad passes, or simply miss other people because he's locked in on the freakish WR. 

For me the evaluation on Kizer is kind of positive. 

He was a raw, 21 year old prospect thrown in a losing team with terrible receivers around him, not a huge rushing game and a terrible coach. 

After 11 games, the receivers and the coach still there, and you can see that he has improved. It was easy for him to improve, he set the bar pretty low in the first games, but you can see that he fights and tries to keep learning. 

I still think that we should be aggresive next offseason with the position, both in FA and in the draft even if he plays great these last games, but man I would be really happy if he succeeded.

43 minutes ago, Nero said:

He was a raw, 21 year old prospect thrown in a losing team with terrible receivers around him, not a huge rushing game and a terrible coach. 

After 11 games, the receivers and the coach still there, and you can see that he has improved. It was easy for him to improve, he set the bar pretty low in the first games, but you can see that he fights and tries to keep learning. 

I still think that we should be aggresive next offseason with the position, both in FA and in the draft even if he plays great these last games, but man I would be really happy if he succeeded.

^^^ totally agree ^^^

Still wouldn't mind drafting a Josh Allen type, or the NC State kid, even if we decide to go all-in Kizer.

Huge test this Sunday on the left coast.  The Chargers edges and DB's are legit, and Bosa will be applying pressure for sure.  Add that we're without Collins and Ogbah, and Rivers seems to have hit a groove.

It'd be huge if Kizer can pull out a win, even if it's a sloppy 2 TD 2 INT + a strip-sack type of game.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

For me the evaluation on Kizer is kind of positive. 

I can agree with that.  I desperately want to see both Gordon and Coleman remain healthy for the last five games.  That will give us a MUCH better sampling of what Kizer can do IMO.  In some ways it's not fair to Kizer because he hasn't had any time to get chemistry worked out with basically either guy, but it's still INFINITELY better than Kizer throwing to Britt, Louis, and Higgins, right?  But you're right, regardless of what happens, we need to be aggressive with the QB position in both the draft and FA.  I still want Rosen first (Lamar Jackson still looks tantalizing though!) and then probably Minkah Fitzpatrick with our other 1st rounder.  He can play either corner or safety.  

8 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I can agree with that.  I desperately want to see both Gordon and Coleman remain healthy for the last five games.  That will give us a MUCH better sampling of what Kizer can do IMO.  In some ways it's not fair to Kizer because he hasn't had any time to get chemistry worked out with basically either guy, but it's still INFINITELY better than Kizer throwing to Britt, Louis, and Higgins, right?  But you're right, regardless of what happens, we need to be aggressive with the QB position in both the draft and FA.  I still want Rosen first (Lamar Jackson still looks tantalizing though!) and then probably Minkah Fitzpatrick with our other 1st rounder.  He can play either corner or safety.  

In an ideal world I can agree on Fitz-but he will be gone by our 2nd pick. He reminds me of the Honey Badger the way he plays. So WR.

9 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

In an ideal world I can agree on Fitz-but he will be gone by our 2nd pick. He reminds me of the Honey Badger the way he plays. So WR.

You're probably right.  Calvin Ridley at WR appears to be a nice alternative.  A bit smaller than I like, but he's got talent, no doubt.  I don't anticipate us having Josh Gordon for next year, either because we trade him or for "other reasons", so I don't love the idea of having Corey Coleman and Calvin Ridley on the same team.  They're both small and we desperately need that big, rangy, possession type WR.  Of course, I could be wrong about Josh, and lord knows I HOPE I am, but history tells me I'm not.  Perhaps we can find the possession receiver in FA...like what Britt was SUPPOSED to be.  

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

Sorry, 0-11 counts plenty. & if we don't double down and take another QB high in 2018, there just might be a riot. Kizer has a long, long way to go to convince me he's our QBOTF.

I never said don't take another QB.  I think we should take a QB with the first pick overall, but let him sit and learn from Kizer.  We need to get the QB developed the right way, not just thrown into the fire.  As a matter of fact, either Kizer or the next QB we get should be our QB of the future.

8 hours ago, stillmotion said:

I think unless he really turns it around and starts winning, he won't be our starter going into next year.

If he is, and we go 0-16 this year, then god help us.....

Well, if you look at this years schedule, who can we beat realistically?  Especially with the weapons we have (star players mostly rookies).

At Chagers:          Doubtful.  They could be playing better than any team we have left.

Packers (Home): No

Ravens (Home): No

At Bears:              We have a chance at this one.

At Steelers:          No

We have a chance to go 1-15, but the game is on the road and the Bears play well at home.  If this team was a year or two older (Better WRs, CBs, and a QB), i'd but this team up against any team.  We  would at least be competitive.  But we're not there yet.  Guys, please be patient. 

I would argue the Packers and the Bears are the two legitimate chances to break the 0-16.  I think we match up well (or did) against Chicago with our run D and it will be a battle of attrition on two bad offenses.  That being said... I'd give the chance of a parade at least 51%.

1 hour ago, dawg2fan said:

At Chagers:          Doubtful.  They could be playing better than any team we have left.

Agree with all, except the Packers don't have Rogers, Mitch is hardly lighting it up for the Bears, and the Steelers will rest players, oh, and Flacco is having a bad year.

I dunno, maybe?

43 minutes ago, OconRecon said:

Agree with all, except the Packers don't have Rogers, Mitch is hardly lighting it up for the Bears, and the Steelers will rest players, oh, and Flacco is having a bad year.

I dunno, maybe?

I can give you the Steelers if they have the div locked up.  But they will still play hard, much like last year.  But even without Aaron Rogers, the packers will play very hard.  The QB Hundley is playing very well.  So I wouldn't give us that one. And the D for the Ravens is playing very well and their Offense is playing much better than when we played them.  I might give us the Bears and the Steelers.  So either 1-15 or 2-14, but 0-16 is still a strong possibility. 

Kizer did have a few moments where I thought, "Hmmm, maybe this kid can play". 

I do like his toughness as well as his level headed attitude and body language when things are going sshitty. 

17 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

So he stinks, but we... or at least 10% of those on this board... have to wait until 2018 to evaluate him??? :blink:

13 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

He looks better than Paxton Lynch. 

He was way better than Trubisky was yesterday too.

How dare you mention QBs we passed on that are not looking great! Do you not understand how hindsight works? :ph34r:

Join those that want to see Coleman and Gordon.. or Gordon and Coleman... Sunday... and I'll throw in Britt as well. Kinda had his best game Sunday... not a high bar to be sure, but that high pass he snagged and then added a decent run to was what he did in LA last season. Gordon on rep alone sets up the WR ranking where it should be.

And his arrival should free up TE routes to boot.

BOLD PREDICTION: First play... bubble screen to Josh if the CB gives him a cushion; quick slant, if he tries to jam him.

Overall though, despite the progress he's made, I think the "bet the future on Kizer ship" has sailed. Doesn't mean he won't develop further this year and next, even perhaps rising to starter quality by skill and not default, but still too many holes in his game, not enough progress in areas, to forego a high 1st-round pick going QB.

Bet ya a beer...

29 minutes ago, CaineDeSoulis said:

Well Kizer/hue have never put two good games together yet this year and hue hasnt in two years.

Well.... in their defense (sort of)... you have to have one good game before you can string together two...

5 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

Well, if you look at this years schedule, who can we beat realistically?  Especially with the weapons we have (star players mostly rookies).

Guys, please be patient. 

Browns 24 

Ratbirds 13

Archived