THE BROWNS BOARD

Dorsey lays it out there.....

Tacosman

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Problem is, Huge Ego Jackson can't develop players, he only capable of riding on the coat tails and making due with what he gets. 

Wrong tread but this is getting real old. Hue handed the keys to every QB at camp & the kid that needed to sit a year won the job..Jackson thru shifts & formation has tried to help Kizer see what coverage is coming. Sure the kid was set up to struggle. Hue quoted “The kid is mentally tough enough to take tough criticism”. Kizer has. Since the bye week Kizer has played better. Even with Hue still forcing things that Kizer’s talent level has shown he can’t do at this level yet..

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh handed the keys to Kizer. A Billion dollar Lamborghini. It's favoritism at it's finest. Kizer was not ready and Hogan was making him look over his shoulder.

I can imagine Kizer in Hue's office saying, "How am I supposed to get comfortable out there when you keep pulling me and putting Hogan in the game" Then Hogan is once again buried on the depth chart. Dorsey coming in "forced" Hue to change his tune and make Hogan the backup last game. If Dorsey is as "NO NONSENSE" as some say then he'll call out Hue for his cowpoop and tell him straight up- You play your best QB. 

I am actively rooting for the season to end just for Kevin Hogan to be officially an ex-member of the Cleveland Browns.

But it is most likely a moot point, since PoG will go all "ruh-tard" in his love for some other scrub and ruin dozens upon dozens of future threads.

It's hard to imagine Dorsey isn't a bit more seasoned for public comments. There was only downside to him making he comment publicly. I'd also add the team us far for devoid of talent. What is it is very young and inexperienced while missing a few key pieces. Dorsey is bumping the perception the cupboard is bare to take ALL the credit when he adds those key pieces. Given the number of high draft picks and cap space for free agents he really walked into a slam dunk. 

So did he come out and say Garrett is a bust? Look for him to trade Garrett at the draft, kinda like we fleeced the colts with Richardson.

2 hours ago, Nero said:

I'd never say that about my players, because there's no reason to it, as there isn't a reason to put Sashi under the bus. You have to let your actions talk.

And if their GM puts them down, they're not going to play hard for him? They play for THEMSELVES first. If you go almost winless 2 straight seasons you are not doing any good to your career, so better take all the comments on you as a motivation to try your best both in practice and in game day. Once again, let your actions talk. 

They are grown ups, not kids. 

No, they're pretty much kids. Have you ever met one of these guys? Most of them are idiots. And they're fragile. And no one works harder when their boss tells them they're worthless and they know they can easily get another job if they're fired.

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

This team is 1-28...you must love losers then.

Well I do love the Browns, unlike some here who just care more about their own ego.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Well... one man's honesty is another man's foot in mouth...

I see now what you referred to...

New Browns GM insults entire roster and Sashi Brown with one ridiculous comment

Well this could make things awkward in the Browns locker room. Just a week into the job, new general manager John Dorsey has already figured out a way to insult pretty much the entire Browns locker room, as well as former GM Sashi Brown.

Here's what Dorsey had to say on WKNR 850, via Cleveland.com:

"You know what? You've got to get a guy like [Hue Jackson] players. And you know what? I'll come straight out with it. The guys who were here before, that system, they didn't get real players…

"As Bill Parcells would always say, 'you are your record' and you know what? There it is, so that's the truth-teller in this thing," said Dorsey. "And I'm going to do my darnedest to get Hue players."

Even if this is true - it's not - you don't say it publicly for the simple fact that you absolutely cannot single out players, which means each and every player acquired by the last front office, including guys like Myles Garrett, will interpret the comment as a dig at them.

It's a ridiculous statement to make anyway. The last regime acquired at least 10 players who will be the foundation for Dorsey's rebuild, including Garrett, Jabrill Peppers, David Njoku, Corey Coleman, Kevin Zeitler, Emmanuel Ogbah and Jamie Collins.

That's a lot of young talent added to the roster within a span of 23 months. It's at least comparable to the talent Dorsey had added to the Chiefs roster over the same time, which includes Chris Jones, Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt, Mitchell Schwartz and that's about it.

As Dorsey will soon find out, Hue Jackson is a much bigger problem than Sashi Brown ever was. He is statistically the worst coach in NFL history to last at least 40 games and has managed to keep the Browns winless against the longest of odds…

JJ ZachariasonVerified account @LateRoundQB Dec 12

The list below shows Cleveland's win probability entering each game by week according to @numberFire's algorithm. The Browns are either 1) trying to lose or 2) have horrendous coaching. Maybe it's both. But the chance of losing all of these games is about 1%.pic.twitter.com/Fee6On245QDQ3VbJUXkAEdFNS.jpg

10:01 AM - 12 Dec 2017

Pro football players need safe spaces?

You know,

Browns fans have to be the most gullible fans in all of professional sports. Dude, with all due respect, think about the reaction you just had. As if Dorsey is WOW...........BALLS TO THE WALL............... SAYING IT LIKE IT IS?  Really? Is that WTF you think you just experienced? Really? That's what you think?

Let me spell this out for you. Let me explain why this move will bring a losing, miserable team in 2018. No different than 2017.

1) There is NOTHING SAFER when you get a new job, to boldly bash the dead guy, the guy who just got let go. Indeed the fans want someone to blame.......... YEAH....CRUCIFY HIM...........KILL HIM............... YEAH............... SASHI IS WHY WE SUCK....................IN DORSEY WE TRUST................. HE IS A NO PUNCHES PULLED GUY.....JUST LISTEN TO HIM BLAST THE.....AHHHHH......UNEMPLOYED GUY WHO WON"T EVER BE INTERVIEWED (THE NFL WILL SEE TO THAT). 

2) How do you imagine the players, their wives, children, friends, past coaches and fans feel right now when the new GM condemns the players as not being very good?

My wife, who doesn't give two schidts about football read this article, and the very first thing she said was........."WHo the hell will ever want to play for this guy, or be on this team? And she's right. Now, it's okay for ME to accurately point out that Myles Garrett and Coleman were bust picks ( this is what Dorsey is saying), but for the GM to slam his own players? WTF kind of jackoff is he?

3) Jimmy Haslam announced that Hue Jackson is the coach for 2018. Dorsey wasted no time kneeling down to kiss Jimmy's butt AND Hue's butt. So, Hue it will be for 2018. In that, Dorsey has condemned himself to his own fan wrath. By being a spineless, politically correct Phil Sewage/Mike Holmgren coffee fetcher, Dorsey has given himself favor with Haslam, probably 2 years of it before he too gets fired. Make NO MISTAKE..............GHOOLIE WAS THE FIRST TO SAY IT.............Dorsey is a coward. like all who have come before him. Make the spoiled billionaire happy, nod your head, powder his nutsack, nod your head in agreement with whatever he does. Suck his penis for your wife, and all who understand how life works, to see.

I tell you know. We were just sold ANOTHER bill of goods. Dorsey is going to let Haslam have his way and after another Sheet year will get rid of Hue, save face by not blaming Haslam, and pray to God that he can turn some wins in 2019, of he will be joining Sashi.

Dorsey had no call to say the Browns players are not good. By not wiping the slate clear and bringing in his own guy, he is essentially an impotent coffee fetcher. Mark this post. Nothing good will come of this mess.

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

He just said what we all can see. We watch the browns on sunday and then when they switch to other games just finishing up, its like watching another sport almost. The games move different.  

Truth is not the issue. Respect is. Dorsey is a jackoff.

1-28. They aren't very good. Does not matter who says it. The only question is will Dorsey bring in the right players in FA and the draft to make this team good. And will he bring in an OC to help out the beleaguered HC, because something has to happen there, no question.

4 hours ago, Orion said:

Really, he shouldn't have said to the media that the previous FO didn't get 'real football players'.  But the reason that we lose all the freakin' time is because of our football players!

When Chuck Knoll was hired he told his team that he was told to figure out why the Steelers couldn't win.  He told his team that he watched all the film and knows why they couldn't win...and that it was because of THEM.  They weren't fast, not shifty, not big and powerful, couldn't jump high and that quite frankly he was going to have to replace the vast majority of them.

Well, that's what Dorsey said.  And I like it.  (but it really shouldn't have been said to the media...but then I wouldn't KNOW that he said it....and he probably said it FOR us fans to hear...that HEY, don't give up on the Browns because I'm going to fix it).

We'll see.....

Noll fired everyone. BIG difference. You think anyone is going to want to play in Cleveland now? For a jackoff that will throw THEM off the bus when he has to make himself look good again? Dorsey couldn't hold Noll's nut sweat.

3 hours ago, Nero said:

They are grown ups, not kids.

As War said,  they really aren't.  A whole lot of 'em are actually kids.  Many of them, their brains haven't even fully developed yet.

Again, Dorsey said what many football people around the league have been muttering all along.  Should he have said it into a microphone?  No.  But that's the sort of thing that Bill Parcells would've done...and everybody just loved him.  

And AGAIN, Chuck Knoll told his new team that the reason the Steelers always lost was because the players couldn't run fast or jump high or nothin' and that he was gonna have to replace the majority of them.  He didn't care what their wives or children were gonna think...because it had to be done.  It's football.....and there ain't no cryin' in football.

Will Dorsey do the right things and get the team turned around?  I dunno.  But he's setting a tone that he wants REAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS.  So if you're a Cleveland Brown right now you have to ask yourself, Am I a real football player?  -  And if your little feelings are hurt...well, go cry in the corner.  Oh wait, there ain't no cryin' in football.....

Ahhhhh, playoff time in Cleveland, where the fans can argue about the semi annual new GM's comments and whether or not they were too mean..... Meanwhile, the Rams and Chargers fans are talking about winning big games this weekend to win their divisions..... The same two teams that weren't much better than the Browns last year.... and hell, one of them even moved.

Ahhhhh, playoff football and the Browns - nothing like it.

5 hours ago, Orion said:

As War said,  they really aren't.  A whole lot of 'em are actually kids.  Many of them, their brains haven't even fully developed yet.

Well, maybe it makes sense that I'm 24 and I don't see them as kids. 

I am not saying that it's OK what he said, but that they should use it as a motivation. I have always thought that most soccer players (I am sorry I'm commenting again about soccer, but that's what I live around here) are idiots simply because they have reached a level in a sport others just get to dream of. 

We are about 50 million people living in Spain, probably 10-20 million love soccer. Well, there are just 28 players in 20 teams in Spanish First Division. Many people watch Second Division too, and there are 28 players in 22 teams. That's a very low percentage of the people that was raised playing the sport and love it. 

Surely it happens the same in America, football players are idiots simply because good players are idolized since they are kids. One thing that I don't like about American College Football is that guys who should focus on studying play for colleges winning millions of dollars with them and get to go to professional football not ending their studies. They are in a college, a place where wisdom should come first, and they are evaluated and given scholarships for a sport. And I don't say that they shouldn't play, I'm just saying that it being linked to universities is pretty weird in my opinion (and many people here in Spain). If the sport was complementary, it would be okay, but their evaluation is primarily based on the sport. 

So now they are professionals, finally they have reached their dream, but how have they done it? Even the most talented ones must have "sweated" their way up, and surely they have dealt with an idiot coach or two. C'mon, it's a brutal sport, if there are stupid violent coaches in soccer, I can imagine how many of them are in  american football. All of those players were rated as good football players in college, probably they didn't have to worry a lot about making the team or anything, it's just for fun! But starting with the combine and Pro days they must have realized that their dream is reached by very few people and that nobody is going to make it easier for them. They have to play with people many years older than them for the first time in their life: married men with families and in another page in life. Nobody plays/works harder than somebody who has to provide for their family. 

So they are priviledged to be paid for playing the sport they love to play, and there is only one way up: growing up. If the first thing their GM says is that they are bad, they simply have to try to prove him wrong. Even if he shouldn't say that. I prefer Tom Bradys that face adversity than players who quit when their feelings are hurt. It takes a lot more than feelings to be in the top in any sport/career. 

EDIT: I would like to add that all of the above is referred to them as a group. You have to handle individuals and rookies or youngsters are not dealt the same way as veterans, but that's a job for the coach. Same goes with not fu*king up your rookie quaterback's mind and confidence, like Hue did.

3 hours ago, Nero said:

......24 and there's SO much more  (Neil Young)

You sir are mature beyond your years.  

(in 30 years you will think of them as kids)

12 hours ago, wargograw said:

You loved Sashi and your exact reason was "he gets guys who LOVE THE GAME" and other platitudes like that. You are the epitome of the delusional Browns fan that is excited about every little thing that Ghoolie makes fun of. Come on man. Think for yourself. 

A. Never loved sashi, never knew who he was til he was hired in to have that much decision making power. I loved the chance that they would start drafting and signing better - and to a point, they did in the draft...but I wanted Wentz, and we know what happened with that. And, signing Jabar Taylor turned out to be a NOT shut down cb, which is what they needed opposite Joe Haden, who had lost a step? himself. Jabar with the Dolphins was drafted in the second round, and was named their sixth cb. The next year, he was their #3 cb. The next year he was their FOURTH cb. NOTE: The Browns can't stop the pass. I like McCourty, though.

B.He cut Joe Haden. I have no idea about the story behind that - I guess we'll never know but I hated that move. Oh, he was good enough still to be picked up by the squealers, right? seriously? I would have loved to have seen Haden be a fs.

C. Ghoolie ridicules every single thing. Yes, sometimes he's correct. You, not so much. I don't read your posts but rarely - I never once thought Kenny Brittlehands "loved the game" etc.

D. As far as "thinking for myself"...seriously? I think I did the first mock on the board this year - I worked hard on the ignorant stupid thing... where the bleep do you think I got that silliness? Walmart? Why don't you try a mock draft? Maybe man upsies and have an opinion of your own, instead of just attacking others' opinions?

E. Signing Kenny Britt is one thing, but that giant contract for a player that looked like a loser the first few times on the field? He did not care - it was a farce to keep him on the roster. You can't teach love for the game - the desire to be the best you can be, the desire to win. You can't teach that. And character, yep, I'm all for that. I would NEVER have drafted gordon, jm,

F. Several of us can't figure out why they can't draft wr's who are the real deal. Ah, Michael Thomas, the Saints' #1 wr, was right there. But the Browns drafted Corey Coleman. Seriously?

G. Having my own goofy opinions is far more interesting to me, than trying to troll and argue and bicker with  other posters on the board about their opinions about the Browns.

This crap is so blown out of proportion, it's ridiculous. Anyone who listened to that interview live, knows that Dorsey's comments were not directed at the players. He may have had a poor choice of words....maybe meant to say "playmakers" instead of players. Just by listening, you can tell he is very motivated, and will do anything to change the losing culture that seems permanently embedded in this team. I agree with Ghoolie...some of us fans are the most gullible people on the planet. That's where my agreement with Ghoolie ends. We are, once again, being manipulated by the media, to turn against Dorsey. Ghoolie , the local media, and the national media, have an agenda to keep the Cleveland Browns in their place....permanent losers. Haslam sucks as an owner, but he finally makes a decent hire, and the guy is already a villain. WTF! Yes...that's right...let's beg Sashi to come back...sign Hue to a new 5 year contract, and watch their plan play out. I hate the local media. They are egomaniacs, trying to get ratings and have no regard for anything else. When someone new comes in with a positive, additude and is motivated to change things, it scares them. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure, if Dorsey has his way, Hue will be gone soon.

What Dorsey said does NOT apply to every single player in the locker room. that 's just baloney.But cutting britt was the subject at hand - that is what Dorsey was talking about - along with jm...a few others here and there. Players that if they aren't on a winning team, they apparently figure who cares? That is how I see it -if you want to build a winning team out of a losing roster - you have to fix the roster with guys who love the game, and have the character and work ethic to stay on the field, etc. Drafting character risks out of desperation or ignorance doesn't work.

I hope Howard Wilson is a number one cb next season. You have to draft guys with more than stats in college in your folder.That is how you BUILD a TEAM. Or, you can draft guys who had serious troubles with alcohol, domestic violence, dope,etc etcetc and never really start winning.  It's like drafting a qb for his cannon arm. All those terrific stats. Like Weeden hadin college. Who would be your better qb to have on your team? Ryan Leaf? Or a guy like Bernie Kosar or Brian Sipe?

Derek Anderson. Outstanding stats in college. Great arm. Remember the time he threw four ints vs the Bengals and was laughing on the sidelines on the bench with the Browns? Check this out:"

"Rookie John Skelton finished the game and succeeded Anderson as the Cardinals' starting quarterback. Anderson also created a notable soundbite after being caught on national TV laughing with teammate Deuce Lutui while he and his team were playing poorly. His subsequent anger toward the reporter kept questioning him on the subject made national news and was featured on several sports shows."

and was released by the Cards later on.

I watched Bernie Kosar play a game, hobbling around on a fractured ankle. I want another qb like that. It isn't rosen. I want the intangibles, the leadership, the love for the game, and the ability to read the entire field and the love to fool defenses...

6 hours ago, Nero said:

I am not saying that it's OK what he said, but that they should use it as a motivation. I have always thought that most soccer players (I am sorry I'm commenting again about soccer, but that's what I live around here) are idiots simply because they have reached a level in a sport others just get to dream of. 

We are about 50 million people living in Spain, probably 10-20 million love soccer. Well, there are just 28 players in 20 teams in Spanish First Division. Many people watch Second Division too, and there are 28 players in 22 teams. That's a very low percentage of the people that was raised playing the sport and love it. 

Surely it happens the same in America, football players are idiots simply because good players are idolized since they are kids. One thing that I don't like about American College Football is that guys who should focus on studying play for colleges winning millions of dollars with them and get to go to professional football not ending their studies. They are in a college, a place where wisdom should come first, and they are evaluated and given scholarships for a sport. And I don't say that they shouldn't play, I'm just saying that it being linked to universities is pretty weird in my opinion (and many people here in Spain). If the sport was complementary, it would be okay, but their evaluation is primarily based on the sport. 

So now they are professionals, finally they have reached their dream, but how have they done it? Even the most talented ones must have "sweated" their way up, and surely they have dealt with an idiot coach or two. C'mon, it's a brutal sport, if there are stupid violent coaches in soccer, I can imagine how many of them are in  american football. All of those players were rated as good football players in college, probably they didn't have to worry a lot about making the team or anything, it's just for fun! But starting with the combine and Pro days they must have realized that their dream is reached by very few people and that nobody is going to make it easier for them. They have to play with people many years older than them for the first time in their life: married men with families and in another page in life. Nobody plays/works harder than somebody who has to provide for their family. 

So they are priviledged to be paid for playing the sport they love to play, and there is only one way up: growing up. If the first thing their GM says is that they are bad, they simply have to try to prove him wrong. Even if he shouldn't say that. I prefer Tom Bradys that face adversity than players who quit when their feelings are hurt. It takes a lot more than feelings to be in the top in any sport/career. 

EDIT: I would like to add that all of the above is referred to them as a group. You have to handle individuals and rookies or youngsters are not dealt the same way as veterans, but that's a job for the coach. Same goes with not fu*king up your rookie quaterback's mind and confidence, like Hue did.

Yeah, I really hope all our players have the mental toughness of tom Brady too, but I live in the real world. 

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

A. Never loved sashi, never knew who he was til he was hired in to have that much decision making power. I loved the chance that they would start drafting and signing better - and to a point, they did in the draft...but I wanted Wentz, and we know what happened with that. And, signing Jabar Taylor turned out to be a NOT shut down cb, which is what they needed opposite Joe Haden, who had lost a step? himself. Jabar with the Dolphins was drafted in the second round, and was named their sixth cb. The next year, he was their #3 cb. The next year he was their FOURTH cb. NOTE: The Browns can't stop the pass. I like McCourty, though.

B.He cut Joe Haden. I have no idea about the story behind that - I guess we'll never know but I hated that move. Oh, he was good enough still to be picked up by the squealers, right? seriously? I would have loved to have seen Haden be a fs.

C. Ghoolie ridicules every single thing. Yes, sometimes he's correct. You, not so much. I don't read your posts but rarely - I never once thought Kenny Brittlehands "loved the game" etc.

D. As far as "thinking for myself"...seriously? I think I did the first mock on the board this year - I worked hard on the ignorant stupid thing... where the bleep do you think I got that silliness? Walmart? Why don't you try a mock draft? Maybe man upsies and have an opinion of your own, instead of just attacking others' opinions?

E. Signing Kenny Britt is one thing, but that giant contract for a player that looked like a loser the first few times on the field? He did not care - it was a farce to keep him on the roster. You can't teach love for the game - the desire to be the best you can be, the desire to win. You can't teach that. And character, yep, I'm all for that. I would NEVER have drafted gordon, jm,

F. Several of us can't figure out why they can't draft wr's who are the real deal. Ah, Michael Thomas, the Saints' #1 wr, was right there. But the Browns drafted Corey Coleman. Seriously?

G. Having my own goofy opinions is far more interesting to me, than trying to troll and argue and bicker with  other posters on the board about their opinions about the Browns.

You saying you never loved the FO under Sashi’s direction is a bald-faced lie. And you said that ultimately passing on Wentz to build the rest of the team was the right move. Many times. But now you’re gonna act like it was some nail in the coffin for you. Ok. 

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Who actually misses joe Haden tho?? 

Answer. Nobody but the squeelers

Dorsey was said to have massive "communication" issues while at KC.

Yet here we are and the man is already having to explain the meaning behind his words 2 weeks into the job.    Doesn't appear as if much has changed.       Pretty simple, some things don't need to be Shmucking said.  Just go about your business and handle it behind the scenes.   The lot of you that think this is a good move because "Shmuck feelings" really don't seem to grasp that the man has to exercise a modicum of professionalism in this role.    This is an instance he failed miserably at that.   

21 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Dorsey was said to have massive "communication" issues while at KC.

Yet here we are and the man is already having to explain the meaning behind his words 2 weeks into the job.    Doesn't appear as if much has change.       Pretty simple, some things don't need to be Shmucking said.  Just go about your business and handle it behind the scenes.   The lot of you that think this is a good move because "Shmuck feelings" really don't seem to grasp that the man has to exercise a modicum of professionalism in this role.    This is an instance he failed miserably at that.   

but, but it's football you pansy! He should be kicking over trash cans and yelling don't you know!

I don't have a problem with what Dorsey said.

I really wish he wouldn't have said them publicly, because all he did was shorten his own runway.

FYI, Dorsey is on the Bull & Fox show this afternoon, and they said yesterday that they are going to ask him to clarify what he said. 

6 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I don't have a problem with what Dorsey said.

I really wish he wouldn't have said them publicly, because all he did was shorten his own runway.

FYI, Dorsey is on the Bull & Fox show this afternoon, and they said yesterday that they are going to ask him to clarify what he said. 

Right, behind closed doors is one thing, but this was just foolish and short-sighted. The classic addage "beating a dead horse" really comes into play here. 

For you guys who say "this motivates the players", do you really think it does anymore than hiring a new GM in the first place? Nah.

I would rather have a Guy that says it out in the open then players finding out behind closed doors as a "rumor". If Dorsey keeps it real, then good for him. And if the players take it as a slight, shame on them. Because if the shoe fits, you will know. And if like someone said in a earlier post "I would rather have 22 players playing their butt off and losing" Then another 30 or so playing Butt hurt because some no nonsense GM said something that many take as a blanket statement. He wants football players, and if your not here to play Cleveland football, there's the door, regardless of who drafted you. 

Archived