THE BROWNS BOARD

Rosen

Westside Steve

43 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Those questions are 100% unfounded gossip

Keep doubling down on those lies while ignoring fact! Nothing's more fun than making snap judgements and repeating your pie-in-the-sky conclusion louder when called out!  Never address reality, you're making your own! Nobody would ever say things like that about you - all gossip is real!

Trust me man, the vast majority of us know this to be true. You're just wasting your time with the Cals of the world though. He'll just resort back to the same 3 articles from several months ago and hang onto em for dear life.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Those questions are 100% unfounded gossip

Keep doubling down on those lies while ignoring fact! Nothing's more fun than making snap judgements and repeating your pie-in-the-sky conclusion louder when called out!  Never address reality, you're making your own! Nobody would ever say things like that about you - all gossip is real!

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility to say that someone who is already set financially and with more life options available to him may have less need of whatever Sports can bring him might be less dedicated to that sport. I did use the word might which should have assuaged little of your whining at least.

WSS

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

oh. NOW Rosen is BLACK and that is why I don't have him on my list of draftable qb's if I were drafting?

Uh...no...Rosen is Jewish.....the video was the anti-Jewish rally.  

Stop being a moron. Wait, let me guess that he is also fakely adopting being Pocahontas, too? Some of you keep bringing up politics because you love rosen's politics. That is pretty sad. It's a football forum. Stop wetting your pants about the other forum, Gip.

I don't give a shite about Rosen's politics, nor about the other forum.  I am only, honestly, saying that there is a perception here that your hate of Rosen is not based on his football talent or character...but on something else.  

Now, as I said,  hope that perception is completely wrong...and that you will disavow anything that implies that your disdain for Rosen is because of his race/religion/national background etc.  Here is your opportunity.

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

But I am absolutely right about this perception.

Nevertheless....Cal can certainly disavow it...and hopefully resolve it. 

Having met him, I would think, and hope not.

Sorry that I had to be the one to have the courage to bring it to the surface. 

No you are not right about his perception. You are an idiot and a loudmouth and you don't know what you're talking about. You have no courage, no brains and in this instance no clue.

This has nothing to do with your stupid politics or his. I know Cal personally and I know him to be one of the most pro-israel pro-jewish guys in my acquaintance.

You can take it from here Cal.

WSS

9 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

No you are not right about his perception. You are an idiot and a loudmouth and you don't know what you're talking about. You have no courage, no brains and in this instance no clue.

This has nothing to do with your stupid politics or his. I know Cal personally and I know him to be one of the most pro-israel pro-jewish guys I know.

You can take it from here Cal.

WSS

Well...good,  but the fact is that perception was/is there.  (It isn't his perception...it is our perception) 

And you KNOW that I am one of the most tolerant of individuals you have ever met.  So, good for Cal. 

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well...good,  but the fact is that perception was/is there.  (It isn't his perception...it is our perception) 

And you KNOW that I am one of the most tolerant of individuals you have ever met.  So, good for Cal. 

Anyone who shares that perception is an idiot. Just for the record we're not talking about your tolerance levels whatever they might be. 
WSS
  •  

Just now, hish747 said:

I'm a nobody of course but it's clear to me that Rosen is the top passer in the draft. I don't even think it's close. The real issue for me is durability, especially with Joe Thomas retired.

That's certainly a concern. On the other hand Deshone Kizer didn't get killed after Joe was hurt.

Also I don't think I'm the only guy who's mentioned a concern with Rosen's coachability.

Which may or may not be valid.

WSS

The knee jerk reaction by immature jackwagons to ascribe negative labels on anybody who disagrees with them,

is an epidemic.

Too bad - it's identity politics gone nazi brownshirt. It will just stink up this board, and the childish putting of discussion opponents

on the personal defensive reeks of ignorant belligerence. It seems to be self-serving "Lord of the Flies" hostility once in a while.

Too bad. Demagoguery gone wild. Too bad. That's stooping really low.

10 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

That's certainly a concern. On the other hand Deshone Kizer didn't get killed after Joe was hurt.

Also I don't think I'm the only guy who's mentioned a concern with Rosen's coachability.

Which may or may not be valid.

WSS

I've repeated many times, that Rosen is considered the "best pure pocket passer". That doesn't tell me he's ready to lead a pro team, and battle for a city and team fan group, to win. I posted about Ryan Leaf, and several things he says about himself - apply to rosen.

The pro level requires serious dedication and work. Plenty of college qb's drafted crash in the NFL. They don't make it, or maybe just languish around the league. It's all been said about these qb's.

Again, when I watched the state farm college all star competition - other players didn't seem to be drawn to rosen. They were to all sorts of other players. The quarterbacks laughed and cheered each other on. Rosen went out of his way to high five a few guys - it seems forced. He doesn't seem to make friends easily. And when a college qb admits he had trouble with women on his own campus not liking him..."who don't know him"... I think that is just another smoke whisp that could signal trouble ahead.

Just go read up on Ryan Leaf's sad introspective appraisal of his attitudes, etc when he was in college and entered the NFL.

Hopefully, Rosen does and has a very fine career because of it.

And still after all this Rosen  is the guy I would probably select if it was up to me. Mayfield would be number two. Just because the bulk of the information is that Rosen is the most pro-ready guy in the draft. 

If his 'I don't want to go to Cleveland I want to go to New York' attitude rears its head then I would be disappointed if we had him. 

WSS

15 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

wrongo. How about Mayock? Personally, I'd have rosenbum tied with Lamar Jackson at five.

Was watching the NFL channel- some have the squealers drafting Mason Rudolph to toss little passes to Antonio Brown all over the place.

With the NFL Scouting Combine beginning in two weeks, Mike Mayock unveils the first of his position-by-position rankings for the 2018 NFL Draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916367/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-position-rankings

Quarterback

1. Sam Darnold, USC
2. Josh Allen, Wyoming
3. Josh Rosen, UCLA
4. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
T-5. Lamar Jackson, Louisville
T-5. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State

Um, let's see Cal the Scouting Combine was when? And that list hasn't been updated recently. I think the latest mock (which isn't going to be worth the powder to blow it to hell) comes out tonight at 8PM 212 Directv.   

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

Trust me man, the vast majority of us know this to be true. You're just wasting your time with the Cals of the world though. He'll just resort back to the same 3 articles from several months ago and hang onto em for dear life.

See above, he's true to form....  

23 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Gil Brandt chimes in... not a bad endorsement.

Gil BrandtVerified account @Gil_Brandt

Talked w/ @josh3rosen this morning. Told me he wished it had rained during his @UCLAFootball pro day so he could show teams he could wing it in all elements. He did have plenty of wind to contend with and looked terrific both rolling out and in pocket. Best passer in this draft.

Tour,

I have a question for you & your mailbox is full....

Rosens' talent & abilities can't be questioned, but I am concerned about his injury history. Are you concerned regarding past (and possibly future) concussion & shoulder issues? If not, what reasons for optimism are there?

Thanks,

Mike

23 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Gil Brandt chimes in... not a bad endorsement.

Gil BrandtVerified account @Gil_Brandt

Talked w/ @josh3rosen this morning. Told me he wished it had rained during his @UCLAFootball pro day so he could show teams he could wing it in all elements. He did have plenty of wind to contend with and looked terrific both rolling out and in pocket. Best passer in this draft.

Tour, 

I have a question for you and your mailbox is full...

What's your take? Should I put on my burger mustard and then ketchup, or ketchup and then mustard? 

While you're at it, classic mustard or honey mustard? In Spain we have less variety in mustards.

Thanks,

Nero

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Tour, 

What's your take? Should I put on my burger mustard and then ketchup, or ketchup and then mustard? 

While you're at it, classic mustard or honey mustard? In Spain we have less variety in mustards.

Thanks,

Nero

Wtf 😂

27 minutes ago, Nero said:

Tour, 

Thanks,

Nero

Nero,

I asked a legitimate question of someone who may know more about the situation.

I did NOT ask it to be ridiculed by you, you condescending SOB! Go to Hell!

Mike

31 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Nero,

I asked a legitimate question of someone who may know more about the situation.

I did NOT ask it to be ridiculed by you, you condescending SOB! Go to Hell!

Mike

If you read carefully what you said, I also asked a legitimate question.

Tour probably has eaten more burgers than I have (simply because of the age difference), thus knows more about the situation. :D

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

I think we are taking Darnold, he’s a young kid. We wouldn’t have traded for Taylor if it was Rosen. He doesn’t need a year to learn. Mayfield doesn’t either

That's a thought.

...me, I don't think they want any rookie QB to play this year.

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

I think we are taking Darnold, he’s a young kid. We wouldn’t have traded for Taylor if it was Rosen. He doesn’t need a year to learn. Mayfield doesn’t either

Darnold certainly is the way the wind blows. Still, I don't see how anyone who watched USC's bowl game and saw how shell-shocked Darnold looked could have come away with anything but serious reservations about him. I know it's just one game, but it was the big one where he was supposed to elevate his game.

So is Darnold a foregone conclusion? Maybe but I have a hard time believing it. I almost think BPA at 1 and Josh Allen at 4. I'm not a huge Josh Allen fan, but think his upside, to be realized would require him to sit for a year just like Darnold.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

The knee jerk reaction by immature jackwagons to ascribe negative labels on anybody who disagrees with them,

is an epidemic.

Too bad - it's identity politics gone nazi brownshirt. It will just stink up this board, and the childish putting of discussion opponents

on the personal defensive reeks of ignorant belligerence. It seems to be self-serving "Lord of the Flies" hostility once in a while.

Too bad. Demagoguery gone wild. Too bad. That's stooping really low.

Of all the cal's we get the extreme pleasure of reading on this board, I can confidently say that "snowflake victim cal" is my favorite cal. 

2 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I don't know if I totally agree with this LB, but I can't argue with your sound reasoning on this. 

Makes a lot of sense - and it could definitely apply to Allen too... 

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I think the question about the character might possibly have to do something with that. If you've been Rich all your life and just athletically gifted you be less dedicated to succeed in sports. 

WSS

I get what you are saying, but Peyton and Eli Manning didn't exactly grow up the sons of an immigrant steel worker in Western PA. 

In fact, I'd venture a guess that a majority of white pro athletes came from some level of "money". 

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I get what you are saying, but Peyton and Eli Manning didn't exactly grow up the sons of an immigrant steel worker in Western PA. 

In fact, I'd venture a guess that a majority of white pro athletes came from some level of "money". 

No they didn't. Let's see now,, hmmm, whois their father again? Oh yes one of the national football league's greatest players Archie Manning! You think that helped? What do Josh Rosen's Mom and Dad do for a living?

;)

WSS

I always question the AFCN climate factor in QB's..When or if we get to playoff crunch time..Playing turfs could get hard & frozen..Kizer grew up playing in it.Ben,Flacco them too. red head Dolt-en not sure where that luff came from? Darnold has the frame to manage it,his ball security issues doubles in whether.. Tyrod named as starter should be.Testing this new OL coming into season. Rosen does not have the Cali clean bill of health of Rogers coming out of Cal..Just something to consider, to the choices at #1..No am not considering Allen due to snow factor games..But I would consider him taking out some light bulbs on a suspended over the 50 yard line jumbo-tron:ph34r:(hey, i did hit that barn)     

11 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

No they didn't. Let's see now,, hmmm, whois their father again? Oh yes one of the national football league's greatest players Archie Manning! You think that helped? What do Josh Rosen's Mom and Dad do for a living?

;)

WSS

I have no idea what Rosen's parents do for a living. Doctor? Lawyer? Are they the Jewish Huxtable family? :lol: 

But the Manning boys came from money, and apparently so does Rosen. 

Just now, gumby73 said:

I always question the AFCN climate factor in QB's..When or if we get to playoff crunch time..Playing turfs could get hard & frozen..Kizer grew up playing in it.Ben,Flacco them too. red head Dolt-en not sure where that luff came from? Darnold has the frame to manage it,his ball security issues doubles in whether.. Tyrod named as starter should be.Testing this new OL coming into season. Rosen does not have the Cali clean bill of health of Rogers coming out of Cal..Just something to consider, to the choices at #1..No am not considering Allen due to snow factor games..But I would consider him taking out some light bulbs on a suspended over th 50 jumbo-tron:ph34r:(hey, i did hit that barn)     

The three greatest QBs in the history of the worst weather team in the NFL - the Green Bay Packers - were Bart Starr, Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers.

They came from Alabama, Mississippi and California.  

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The three greatest QBs in the history of the worst weather team in the NFL - the Green Bay Packers - were Bart Starr, Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers.

They came from Alabama, Mississippi and California.  

And every one of those has played thru a concussion at sometime in there career..Favre maybe 2 to many..Rosen skipped a bowl game & now with the protocal's..He is a risk. And they will watch for it.. 

Archived