THE BROWNS BOARD

Rosen

Westside Steve

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Har, did a little research Gip.  for the average 5'10" guy hand size is around 7.5".  I'm 6' even and my hand size is 9". NFL analytics guys like to see a hand size of at least 9". Notable QB that didn't pass that bar were Michael Vick 8.5" and Tony Romo 8.9". Big hands- Brett Favre 10.3" and stubby 5'10"  Russell Wilson 10.25"   Our notable flop Johnny Football came in at 9.8".

The Combine hand size record is held by Deforest Buckner 11.75", if you want to envision huge, put down a standard 11.5" sheet of paper for comparison.  JJ Watt has huge hands too,  11.1".  :) 

On an unrelated note- I'd love to know the hand size of the late great Jimi Hendrix. His fingers were a mile long relative to normal human beings. Jimi could reach guitar frets with ease I could only dream about hitting. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but they measure hand size from the tip of the thumb to the tip of the pinky when you spread your hand out  (not just from the hands base by the wrist to the top of the middle finger).

But, FYI...I am actually somewhat of a freak.  My left hand is the 9 and 7/8ths....but my right hand is smaller:  only measuring 9 1/4th.  My left hand is like a half inch larger than my right.  It was always this way.  In High school I could always easily palm a basketball with my left hand but not with my right.   And yes, I am right handed....so my dominant hand is the smaller one.

Measuring my (right) hand from the base of it by the wrist  to the top of the middle finger is about 8 inches. Slightly larger with my left.  The disparity in my hands is much greater measuring from tip of thumb to tip of pinky.

(and yes....we shall now hear from Westside about my masterful masturbating skills.  Just to let you know...his hands and feet are quite small...which tells you what you want to know about his schmekel).

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but they measure hand size from the tip of the thumb to the tip of the pinky when you spread your hand out  (not just from the hands base by the wrist to the top of the middle finger).

But, FYI...I am actually somewhat of a freak.  My left hand is the 9 and 7/8ths....but my right hand is smaller:  only measuring 9 1/4th.  My left hand is like a half in larger than my right.  It was always this way.  In High school I could always easily palm a basketball with my left hand but not with my right.   And yes, I am right handed....so my dominant hand is the smaller one.

Yes, you have hand measurement correct. Some potential NFL QBs actually used hand stretching exercises to improve that measurement. Looking at some anatomy pictures- it certainly could be possible improving hand size by say 1\4" stretching out the right ligaments. :) 

1 hour ago, RoyceRolls said:

I didn’t mean old as an insult, and yes, there is more than game tape, but it doesn’t discount the importance of game tape.  

You like to compare Allen to Wentz, but ignore the fact that Allen isn’t as successful or accurate as Wentz. Just because they were recruited and coached by the same guy doesn’t mean they’re the same prospect, just as an internet rumor doesn’t mean that Rosen is the same guy as Johnny Manziel or Ryan Leaf. 

Absolutely true. There are similarities between Allen and Wentz - Wentz was more polished, ready to start. And, it is true - it's a quote by rosen himself. Does that alone mean he shouldn't be a high pick? nope. But there are many appraisals about him that bring up the personality, and stuff away from football. I just sees em as I sees em, which means I could end up very wrong.

Or, maybe not. The suspense is there til the draft.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

you miss the point, your lowness. I was mocking how important the guy was. I don't care. Why is it you rosie lovers say "that is only one opinion, whine moan bitch" but when it's only one opinion that AGREES with you, it's a very, very, very, very important. Have a nice day explaining that, cinderella.

Easy, Princess... I made a post in a Rosen thread of an opinion without comment. Apparently you think all my posts are "very, very, very, very important".

The only comments I have made concerning your incessant dumping on Rosen is that it's all rumors and innuendo... mostly misunderstood by you to boot. The one source you had who was on the record, Dilfer, has since said, "nevermind... he's changed." At least you've let that one go...

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Your "former college qb" would have drafted Ryan Leaf and Art Schlister. have a nice day.

And now you resort to making-sh!t-up...

Must be that the Princess is a little flustered...

3 minutes ago, Mark O said:

A.  The article is 6 months old.

When you speed google you don't have time to read... or think...

... and Princess is 10x worse in the Political section.

56 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

When you speed google you don't have time to read... or think...

... and Princess is 10x worse in the Political section.

Of course he is.

I can only imagine the garbage posts he comes up with over there.

If he thinks Ben Roethlisberger played for the Miami Hurricanes, he probably blames the Clintons for Watergate.

I know it's five months old. You think 21 years of being an

arrogant, self-centered jackwagon disappears in five months? He spent 21 years getting there. whatever his age is,

that is. You keep smarting off about Allen, so what goes around, comes around, tourcindarella.

If I'm right, the Browns...will.....not......draft.....rosen. There is enough controversy in the past to draft a jackwagon.

So, there ya go.

43 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

My right hand is 10.48  Left is 10.38.  Just call me a stud.

Great, now I know which hand you use during your *alone* time.......  :o

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/NFL-execs-unanimously-pick-Sam-Darnold-over-Josh-Rosen-110621672

NFL execs unanimously pick Sam Darnold over Josh Rosen

NFL executive just made the call on the Draft's toughest decision.

24 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Rosen is gonna be great but we will pass on him for the wrong josh who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat..

The report on the radio this morning on Golic and Wingo  was that Josh Allen had an exceptionally poor showing in his practices at the Senior Bowl.  Even with no pressure and no coverage he was missing his targets right and left.

I am just giving the report....Cal can cry about it all he wants.   If a similar report had been made about Rosen or anyone else I would have reported that.

Also...we know that Mason Rudolph hurt is foot and cannot play in the Senior Bowl.....so an opportunity goes by the way side for him to prove himself.

http://www.lindyssports.com/nfl/column/oklahoma-state-qb-rudolph-to-miss-senior-bowl/464861/

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The report on the radio this morning on Golic and Wingo  was that Josh Allen had an exceptionally poor showing in his practices at the Senior Bowl.  Even with no pressure and no coverage he was missing his targets right and left.

Imagine that....an inaccurate QB was inaccurate in practice.   Who would've thought...

if that carried over to the end of the senior bowl, I'll agree it's a bigger problem maybe... practices only started yesterday, fer cryin out loud. It's called practice. Like Charlie Casserly said - you don't look for accuracy in the beginning of practices - there's new receivers, new system, new timing - you look for physical ability at this point. However it all plays out through the draft, it's going to be fascinating.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/NFL-execs-unanimously-pick-Sam-Darnold-over-Josh-Rosen-110621672

Ah, the old "anonymous exec" line.     Because that's a thing...

P.S. even if it was a thing, especially around this time of year, that would be called a "smokescreen".  

18 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I know it's five months old. You think 21 years of being an arrogant, self-centered jackwagon disappears in five months? He spent 21 years getting there. whatever his age is, that is. You keep smarting off about Allen, so what goes around, comes around, tourcindarella.

If I'm right, the Browns...will.....not......draft.....rosen. There is enough controversy in the past to draft a jackwagon. So, there ya go.

Five months? The Dilfer turnaround? Dilfer's original observations were made when Rosen was 17.

As for Allen... I think I've made three comments about him... two because I could and the last, yesterday, because it was what I saw. Whereas you, Princess, have beat your anti-Rosen, hearsay drum to death.

More correctly you will be right if Rosen becomes a pariah to the team that does draft him. I know you are desperate to be "right" about something, but let's not cheapen that low potential moment..

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I watched the full practices for both squads...

Overall Allen's practice wasn't pretty. More problematic than "left and right" was high. Left and right can be attributed to receiver familiarity. "High" can't be.

Mike Mayock reported coming back from a commercial break, "You just missed Allen throwing a ten-yard cross ten-yards over the head of the receiver."  An exaggeration to be sure, but a little later in a 7-on-7 drill he rocketed one five feet over a leaping WR about 20-yards downfield. Mayock's line of the day comment on this one was something along the lines of, "It may have been incomplete, but it was incomplete in a hurry."

Allen does have a gun. If he hits the barn, then he's going to put a hole in it.

Well if all 32 think Darnold is better...

Oh wait...

It was 5...

Where did they say Allen ranked?

Or are you simply taking "the field" now, Princess?

56 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

if that carried over to the end of the senior bowl, I'll agree it's a bigger problem maybe... practices only started yesterday, fer cryin out loud. It's called practice. Like Charlie Casserly said - you don't look for accuracy in the beginning of practices - there's new receivers, new system, new timing - you look for physical ability at this point. However it all plays out through the draft, it's going to be fascinating.

OK, I'll give Allen that minor mulligan. You're starting to grab at straws Cal. 

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Oh wait...

It was 5...

I believe he is now in the anyone but Rosen camp because he doesn't like him.    I'm firmly in the anyone but Allen camp because Allen is already on the team.  He's Deshone Kizer....why do we need another one of him?

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Oh wait...

It was 5...

Subject to change Tour- this is how I have the "field" ranked now.  :)  

1) Darnold

2 Mayfield (OK, he does look like a midget standing next to Allen-  glad he measured 6'+ a hair)

3 Rosen (injury concerns)

4 Rudolph

5 Allen

6 Jackson

7 Benkert

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

I watched the full practices for both squads...

Overall Allen's practice wasn't pretty. More problematic than "left and right" was high. Left and right can be attributed to receiver familiarity. "High" can't be.

Mike Mayock reported coming back from a commercial break, "You just missed Allen throwing a ten-yard cross ten-yards over the head of the receiver."  An exaggeration to be sure, but a little later in a 7-on-7 drill he rocketed one five feet over a leaping WR about 20-yards downfield. Mayock's line of the day comment on this one was something along the lines of, "It may have been incomplete, but it was incomplete in a hurry."

Allen does have a gun. If he hits the barn, then he's going to put a hole in it.

I just hope the Browns scouts are down there taking notes.    Do you know who from the Browns is in attendance at the Senior Bowl?

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

OK, I'll give Allen that minor mulligan. You're starting to grab at straws Cal. 

Not intentionally. What else is there to say? The problem with rosen is who he is as a person.Lacks social skills, leadership, intangibles, athleticism, selfish, arrogant, divisive - and he does not want to play for the Browns - he wants the easy street team that has all the talent. He SUCKS and he's been sucking as a human being for most of his spoiled life. I'm just not impressed. I don't care about "terrific pocket passer" when he alienates half a city, half his teammates, gets in fights in the lockeroom, and gives the finger to his own fans when they boo him.

Or, you can look for a real qb. That's all there is to it.

On my list of qb's. .... maybe Allen doesn't do well in the senior bowl - that would be very telling  - more a project to warrant a high pick - and the Browns will trade down if they don't want to pick Darnold, either, and get a project later. If that is what they decide, I'm good with that.

Archived