THE BROWNS BOARD

Rosen

Westside Steve

Gil Brandt chimes in... not a bad endorsement.

Gil BrandtVerified account @Gil_Brandt

Talked w/ @josh3rosen this morning. Told me he wished it had rained during his @UCLAFootball pro day so he could show teams he could wing it in all elements. He did have plenty of wind to contend with and looked terrific both rolling out and in pocket. Best passer in this draft.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also newly posted... Highlights and link to full post below. If you visit site be sure to note the tabs for the Bucky's books on Darnold, Mayfield and Barkley.

Apparently Mr. Brooks is saving the best QB for last... :ph34r:

============================================================================================================================

Book on Josh Rosen: Jets, Giants fit draft's most pro-ready QB

By Bucky Brooks NFL.com Analyst Published: March 15, 2018 at 09:35 a.m. Updated: March 15, 2018 at 09:48 a.m.

What I'm seeing

Rosen is the most polished quarterback prospect I've scouted since Andrew Luck entered the league in 2012. In fact, Rosen is so polished as a passer that I would dub him "The Natural" based on his beautiful delivery and flawless footwork in the pocket. Rosen has impressive arm talent and is one of the few quarterback prospects with a full array of MLB pitches at his disposal. The UCLA star can throw with touch, timing, and anticipation or deliver laser-like shots on drive throws to the boundary from the pocket. In addition, he shows a feathery touch on up-and-over throws at intermediate range between the hashes.

As a pure pocket passer with a high football IQ, Rosen is the prototypical franchise quarterback that NFL coaches, scouts, and executives covet. Measuring 6-foot-4 and 226 pounds, Rosen has better-than-advertised movement skills in the pocket. The former junior tennis champion slips and slides around the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield to deal to open receivers. Rosen's subtle movement around the pocket is reminiscent of a 10-year veteran, which is why he's viewed as a plug-and-play prospect by some evaluators.

I can't complete a report on Rosen without mentioning the concerns some evaluators have about his football character and love of the game based on his outspoken nature and affluent background. Although I'm not concerned about those things, there is a faction of evaluators who question Rosen's commitment to the game based on his worldly perspective.

In the end, I think it's silly that anyone would be concerned about those things, but Rosen must address them in his meetings with teams leading up the draft to change the narrative regarding his personality and commitment.

Overall, Rosen is about as complete as they come at the position with a polished game that is ripped straight from an instructional video on how to play the position. He can make throws to every area of the field with pinpoint accuracy and precision. Although there are some questions about his intangibles and commitment level from some scouts around the league, there's no disputing his talent, game or potential.

Where he should be picked

As an elite prospect with the physical tools and mental aptitude to control the game as a QB1, Rosen should be one of the first quarterbacks selected in the 2018 draft. He's the most pro-ready quarterback prospect in the class and has the potential to be a perennial Pro Bowl-caliber player early in his career. Granted, he needs to be surrounded by the right supporting cast (pass-catchers and offensive line), but he is a scheme-friendly thrower with experience playing the game like NFL quarterbacks have been asked to perform for the past 30 years.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000920975/article/book-on-josh-rosen-jets-giants-fit-drafts-most-proready-qb

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If he was tumbling....then the Jets would not have traded up to possibly take him.

lol. what? maybe they traded up to take somebody else? we''ll see !

4 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

lol. what? maybe they traded up to take somebody else? we''ll see !

They traded up to likely take one of 2-3 players.....Rosen would have been one of them almost certainly....but they could also like either Darnold or Mayfield.

wrongo. How about Mayock? Personally, I'd have rosenbum tied with Lamar Jackson at five.

Was watching the NFL channel- some have the squealers drafting Mason Rudolph to toss little passes to Antonio Brown all over the place.

With the NFL Scouting Combine beginning in two weeks, Mike Mayock unveils the first of his position-by-position rankings for the 2018 NFL Draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916367/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-position-rankings

Quarterback

1. Sam Darnold, USC
2. Josh Allen, Wyoming
3. Josh Rosen, UCLA
4. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
T-5. Lamar Jackson, Louisville
T-5. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Personally, I'd have rosenbum tied with Lamar Jackson at five

We all are well aware of your personal feelings on Rosen.

Your butthurt over his stance on your Orange Overload is why you are posting about him at 1am on a Monday night. 

People with obvious maturity issues tend to have personal feelings that linger on and on. 

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Your butthurt over his stance on your Orange Overload is why you are posting about him at 1am on a Monday night. 

People with obvious maturity issues tend to have personal feelings that linger on and on. 

He's never called him Rosenbaumao or Rosenclit to the best of my knowledge.:lol:

Can't coach away a self-centered, immature, abrasive jackwagon personality - if not for that,

he would at least make my top ten ....maybe.

Somehow I missed this thread.

Cal doesn't want Rosen for political reasons?

Oh God ... I hope we draft him now.

Besides, have we tried a Jewish QB in Cleveland before? Maybe that is the curse-breaker.

Zombo

--Or maybe it's another 40 years in the desert

has nothing to do with politics. Fake news. I had rosenbum off my list well before I read about the

political thing. It is what it is. What is this about rosenbum being Jewish??? and why would that matter?

A lot has been made about the concerns of poor intangibles with UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen. Those issues remain on the minds of talent evaluators. I spoke with two general managers of teams that are in the market for a franchise quarterback, and both of them said that Rosen's intangibles are still a major concern after reading the reports from area scouts. They feel because of his silver spoon upbringing, he doesn't relate well to all segments of an NFL locker room, and they think the desired leadership traits could be lacking with Rosen. Former teammates of Rosen who are in the NFL have been asked by teams about him, and they say he is atypical and a different kind of guy. Team sources also say that Rosen has a reputation for being a partier. He had a hot tub in his room and some team sources are worried about party substances.

Party substances were a known and minor concern with Joey Bosa and Ezekiel Elliott in past years. Those negatives didn't keep either from going in the top five. That trend should be extended with Rosen. However, sources are more concerned about it with him because he is a quarterback who is supposed to be the team leader and face of a franchise. Thus, there is a higher standard of expectations. Rosen is going to get a lot of questions on his leadership, teammate relationships, and off-the-field habits over the next few months, starting with his interviews at the NFL Scouting Combine

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2018rumors.php#ixzz5AIetvf00

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2018rumors.php#APsvFcl4Wh7S8y1s.99

40 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

has nothing to do with politics. Fake news. I had rosenbum off my list well before I read about the

political thing. It is what it is. What is this about rosenbum being Jewish??? and why would that matter?

Well, he is Jewish. And it doesn't matter.

Just point of interest. He could be the Sandy Koufax of QBs.

Zombo

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Somehow I missed this thread.

Cal doesn't want Rosen for political reasons?

Oh God ... I hope we draft him now.

Besides, have we tried a Jewish QB in Cleveland before? Maybe that is the curse-breaker.

Zombo

--Or maybe it's another 40 years in the desert

It absolutely, 100%, is the case. Now let's just sit back and wait until the same sources come to the thread that were thoroughly rooted out as false or greatly exaggerated!

Only thing that worries me about Rosen at this point is the injuries and frame. Rosen literally has everything you want in a franchise dude, couldn't agree with the source Tour put up more.

He's the best qb in this draft.  It gets clearer every week. The concussions are the only potential concern.  Leadership? He won the job right out of high school onto a top 15 team. You think he couldn't get them to buy in? You think they didn't like him at qb? That they didn't respect him cuz he's some jerkoff brat? Crazy talk. 

All the character and personality issues seem to be pre combine and pre pro day.  

While I agree that Rosen is the best QB mechanics-wise and I think he is ready for the pros, the reason why I would not draft him #1 overall is the injury history.  We have all seen how Kessler played before vs. after his concussion.  The best passer in the draft will not help the Browns much if he's stuck on the bench, and we all know whoever the Browns QB is will be getting hit a lot.  Would hate to give him the "Tim Couch" treatment and ruin his career.   Whoever the Browns choose, it's nice that they can sit behind Tyrod without getting thrown in right away like Kizer was.  Maybe, just maybe, this is the year the Browns turn it all around.  

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I don't think that is why Cal does not like Rosen.   I think it is something else.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Because of your constant rhetoric Cal....people believe that you are among or sympathetic to this crowd:

Hopefully, you will completely repudiate this perception of you....but that perception exists.

12 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It's almost like Rosen comes from a wealthy family that could afford all of the QB coaching they could possibly give him...

I think the question about the character might possibly have to do something with that. If you've been Rich all your life and just athletically gifted you be less dedicated to succeed in sports. 

WSS

40 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

•  
3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Because of your constant rhetoric Cal....people believe that you are among or sympathetic to this crowd:

Hopefully, you will completely repudiate this perception of you....but that perception exists.

oh. NOW Rosen is BLACK and that is why I don't have him on my list of draftable qb's if I were drafting?

Stop being a moron. Wait, let me guess that he is also fakely adopting being Pocahontas, too? Some of you keep bringing up politics because you love rosen's politics. That is pretty sad. It's a football forum. Stop wetting your pants about the other forum, Gip.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I think the question about the character might possibly have to do something with that.

Those questions are 100% unfounded gossip

Keep doubling down on those lies while ignoring fact! Nothing's more fun than making snap judgements and repeating your pie-in-the-sky conclusion louder when called out!  Never address reality, you're making your own! Nobody would ever say things like that about you - all gossip is real!

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Gip you're an idiot. 

WSS

But I am absolutely right about this perception.

Nevertheless....Cal can certainly disavow it...and hopefully resolve it. 

Having met him, I would think, and hope not.

Sorry that I had to be the one to have the courage to bring it to the surface. 

Archived