THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Barkley #1 Overall

cdl15

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The reason these picks did not turn out is because these players flopped.  If they had not flopped for the Browns...they would have flopped for someone else.  Its just that the Browns have the unlucky streak of taking these flops.  Just because this level of analysis is above your level of comprehension doesn't mean the Browns didn't make the effort.  E.g.  of why you have no clue:  you mention Josh Doctson.  You apparently pay no attention to anything:  Doctson has basically been a bigger flop than Coleman.  He has caught 37 passes in two years. As for nobody wanting somebody...you have been all over Lynch's nutsack....yet he is simply another Quinn, Weeden.JMZ.  So, no. You have zero credibility.

Exactly Gip Quinn and Weeden got second chances with other teams- and they flopped there too... 

Booger talks out of both sides of his mouth- has already claimed Garrett & Coleman are busts, but Lynch "needs more time"  

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

The noise from the pulpit is kind of loud, especially coming from a guy that hailed Paxton Shmucking Lynch as the future.       

Oh, I already know - "He's an athlete that hasn't gotten his fair shot yet".

Similar to Kevin Hogan. Yet we ride Deshone Kizer's bum azz to a perfect 0-16 record. smh 

Browns, don't be a bitch and be scared by dogma, own this moment and bring back the run game to Cleveland. 

Tretter is okay but I'm not the biggest fan. What do you think of Price in the 2nd to lay the groundwork for the top rushing/receiving duo in the NFL. Barkley and Gordon 2018 Superstars!

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

ALL of the guys that the Browns drafted:  TR, Weeden, Coleman, Quinn, JMZ etc.   ALL of them would have been drafted by someone within likely 5 picks of where the Browns took them. 

I realize that you likely pay not one moment of attention to the draft ratings, the Mock Drafts, etc.  ...but the fact is EVERY one of the "skill" players the Browns selected were basically unanimously rated to have been taken about precisely where they were taken.

The reason these picks did not turn out is because these players flopped.  If they had not flopped for the Browns...they would have flopped for someone else.  Its just that the Browns have the unlucky streak of taking these flops.  Just because this level of analysis is above your level of comprehension doesn't mean the Browns didn't make the effort.  E.g.  of why you have no clue:  you mention Josh Doctson.  You apparently pay no attention to anything:  Doctson has basically been a bigger flop than Coleman.  He has caught 37 passes in two years. As for nobody wanting somebody...you have been all over Lynch's nutsack....yet he is simply another Quinn, Weeden.JMZ.  So, no. You have zero credibility.

NOBODY was taking Weedone at close to 30 years old with a first round draft pick and probably not with a second either... 

We still should have taken Trent and built the team up around Colt. We would have been better off. And the next QB that walked through the door would have been better off, that next QB could have been Derek Carr... 

I guess some people just don't have the vison. When I buy this team, we'll build a dynasty better than the Patriots. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

ALL of the guys that the Browns drafted:  TR, Weeden, Coleman, Quinn, JMZ etc.   ALL of them would have been drafted by someone within likely 5 picks of where the Browns took them. 

HOSRE SCHIDT...................... QUINN and Weeden would not have gone in the first round.Quinn was shidding his pants he was dropping so fast. HOWEVER...................THE POINT IS NOT WOULD SOMEONE ELSE HAVE BEEN DUMB ENOUGH TO TAKE THE HORSE SCHIDT PLAYERS WE DID............Of course there are teams almost as stupid............. ALMOST.................... The point is that the Browns do not participate in taking the top playmakers, and have not since Art Modell was forced to leave Cleveland.

I realize that you likely pay not one moment of attention to the draft ratings, the Mock Drafts, etc.  ...but the fact is EVERY one of the "skill" players the Browns selected were basically unanimously rated to have been taken about precisely where they were taken.

AGAIN, NOT TRUE. ALL WERE RATED LOWER THAN WE TOOK THEM. COLEMAN OVER DOCTSON? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUKCING MIND? WHEN WE PASSED ON BOSA, THIS BOARD WAS FULL OF ASSHULES CHIRPING THAT " YOU DON'T TAKE AN EDGE RUSHER THAT HIGH"................. SO WE TURN AROUND AND TAKE A FUKCING HOMOSEXUAL ZUMBA INSTRUCTOR, TWO-TACKLE=TEXAS WHO WANTS TO WEAR PANTYHOSE AND CHEER FOR THE COWBOYS  A YEAR LATER WITH #1 #1.  tHIS IS THE DUMBEST FRANCHISE WITH COLLECTIVELY THE DUMBEST FANS OF ANY NFL TEAM.

The reason these picks did not turn out is because these players flopped.  If they had not flopped for the Browns...they would have flopped for someone else.  Its just that the Browns have the unlucky streak of taking these flops.

NICE TRY. THE BROWNS HAVE A HISTORY OF TAKING PEOPLE THAT GHOOLIE PRONOUNCED AS FLOPS WAY AHEAD OF TIME. ISN'T IT FUNNY HOW THE BROWNS TAKE ALL THE PLAYERS THAT THE MEDIA TELLS US ARE DIAMONDS IN THE ROUGH, AND POTENTIALLY THE STEALS FO THE DRAFT? EVERY FUKCKING YEAR I HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOU JACKOFFS DO A HOMO DANCE ABOUT HOW OUR SMART FO JUST STUCK IT TO ALL OTHER 3 TEAMS IN THE DRAFT. ONLY TO COME BACK AT 0 - 16 WITH MORE STUPID EXCUSES FOR WHY THE DRAFT SUCKED.

THE BROWNS HAVE NOT DRAFTED ONE TOP TIER PLAY MAKER IN THE PAST 18 DRAFTS. NOBODY THEY TOOK WAS EAR MARKED AS A GAME CHANGER. AGAIN, ZUMBATITS IS NOT A GAME CHANGER. HE IS A HOMO, A REINCARNATION OF THE BODY BY JAKE GUY.

Just because this level of analysis is above your level of comprehension doesn't mean the Browns didn't make the effort.  E.g.  of why you have no clue:  you mention Josh Doctson.  You apparently pay no attention to anything:  Doctson has basically been a bigger flop than Coleman.  He has caught 37 passes in two years. As for nobody wanting somebody...you have been all over Lynch's nutsack....yet he is simply another Quinn, Weeden.JMZ.  So, no. You have zero credibility.

LYNCH IS STILL AWAITING VERDICT. THE JACKOFFS YOU MENTIONED WERE DONE BEFORE 1 YEAR WAS OVER.................BIG BIG BIG DIFFERENCE.

DOCTSON HAS BEEN HURT, BUT THE GUY CAN FLAT OUT PLAY. HE GOES UP INTO THE SKY AND DOES NOT DROP FOOTBALLS. COLEMAN SUCKS DOCTSONS GAME DAY JACKSTRAP.

I think that Coleman still has a chance. Two seasons with freak accidents breaking his hand? That's some voodoo Sheet right there. If he breaks another hand we should cut him loose, but for now he's getting some slack from me. 

Coleman is super fast, if he could just stay on the field he could contribute. He did drop that last pass but as I said before, it was the biggest moment in a winless season, time was running out, it was 4th down; He was probably so damn surprised that Kizer actually threw a perfect pass that he dropped it in shock. I firmly believe that Kizer's erratic throws, no matter how fast or with what ungodly velocity(or whatever the buzz word is for the hot QBs these days) he threw it with is the main problem with the offense. I digressed, but really, Coleman has a chance here this season to redeem himself. I think that he'll be much, much better off with a 100% Josh Gordon beside him! 

I hope you guys haven't forgotten how good Josh Gordon is. He's really, really, really real. 

If my hope is correct, that Saquon is as good as Sanders- imagine a young Randy Moss and Barry Sanders on the same team... I mean it's nice and all but does is it really matter who is going to play QB? 

Hell, Gipper could take em to the Superbowl. ;)

Wow, somebody said BO?

A really good feature with some good insights. I really, really liked what the OL had to say.

Plus, I guess Zeke told him after the Ohio State game that Barkley was the truth. Zeke said Saquon is THE TRUTH> 

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

The noise from the pulpit is kind of loud, especially coming from a guy that hailed Paxton Shmucking Lynch as the future.       

Oh, I already know - "He's an athlete that hasn't gotten his fair shot yet".

I never said he has not been given a fair shot yet. John Elway, the QB who post game, moist schidt from his asss with Bernie Kosar and Marty Stinkenhiemer is the one saying it. He pulled his QB and named Lynch as the starter. That Lynch got hurt again, has nothing to do with his abilities, WHICH............... are superior to any QB who the Browns have had since Testeverde.

If I missed the mark on Lynch? I won't be the first time that I missed one, but it WILL be a rare time.

I don't see you saying Sheet about my calling for Romeo's head in the second qtr of his 1st pre season game, or guaranteeing Hue would be a flop. I called out Holmgren, Sewage, Crennell, Policy, W Green Quinn, Weeden, Ben, Wentz, Goff, Petersen, Trubisky, Julio Jones, Bosa, Elliot, Jackoff Greg WIlliams, ............ on an on it goes............... you jackoffs dare to give ME schidt about ONE GUY?  One guy who is STILL in the hunt. 

Fukcking idiots.

Celebrating jackoff Joe Thomas. The only HOF player who cannot demonstrate ONE SINGLE STATISTIC that improved the day this lardass arrived. Only in Cleveland can a player be "guaranteed HOF"...and have made do fukcing difference on his team.

GTFOH, Go spread yhour horse schidt in Hoorta's front yard. He has a factory of it.

22 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I think that Coleman still has a chance. Two seasons with freak accidents breaking his hand? That's some voodoo Sheet right there. If he breaks another hand we should cut him loose, but for now he's getting some slack from me. 

Coleman is super fast, if he could just stay on the field he could contribute. He did drop that last pass but as I said before, it was the biggest moment in a winless season, time was running out, it was 4th down; He was probably so damn surprised that Kizer actually threw a perfect pass that he dropped it in shock. I firmly believe that Kizer's erratic throws, no matter how fast or with what ungodly velocity(or whatever the buzz word is for the hot QBs these days) he threw it with is the main problem with the offense. I digressed, but really, Coleman has a chance here this season to redeem himself. I think that he'll be much, much better off with a 100% Josh Gordon beside him! 

I hope you guys haven't forgotten how good Josh Gordon is. He's really, really, really real. 

If my hope is correct, that Saquon is as good as Sanders- imagine a young Randy Moss and Barry Sanders on the same team... I mean it's nice and all but does is it really matter who is going to play QB? 

Hell, Gipper could take em to the Superbowl. ;)

Dude, he is super poosy. He played in a touch football league. He hates inside routes and is not physical enough to win the routes outside the numbers, He is no Antonio Brown. Not even close.

The guy had an 11% drop rate in college, if you look at only inside the numbers catches, he is about 20%.

You saw what caliber of man he is. Kizer threw him a perfect pass at the end of the Steelers game, and the fukcing guy dropped it. 

He blows, is is a bigger waste of a pick than Myles Garrett................... and THAT is really bad.

5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I never said he has not been given a fair shot yet. John Elway, the QB who post game, moist schidt from his asss with Bernie Kosar and Marty Stinkenhiemer is the one saying it. He pulled his QB and named Lynch as the starter. That Lynch got hurt again, has nothing to do with his abilities, WHICH............... are superior to any QB who the Browns have had since Testeverde.

GTFOH, Go spread your horse schidt in Hoorta's front yard. He has a factory of it.

Oh, because I've been right on more draft flops than you have? Second rate troll.  Lame. Garret is certainly a bust, but zero production to date Lynch needs more chances?  FU. We'll ride your sorry butt out of Dodge the minute the Broncos cut him. 

Romeo may have sucked as a HC, but he's one of the best DCs in the NFL. You predicting he sucks, Savage sucks, everything sucks since 1999 is about as hard as saying water is wet. 

When the big turnaround happens don't go blowing your phony horn you saw it all along. 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Oh, because I've been right on more draft flops than you have? Second rate troll.  Lame. Garret is certainly a bust, but zero production to date Lynch needs more chances?  FU. We'll ride your sorry butt out of Dodge the minute the Broncos cut him. 

Romeo may have sucked as a HC, but he's one of the best DCs in the NFL. You predicting he sucks, Savage sucks, everything sucks since 1999 is about as hard as saying water is wet. 

When the big turnaround happens don't go blowing your phony horn you saw it all along. 

Why waste your time with this assclown?   He's an attention whore who loves getting you guys all worked up.   He's not worth it.   Ignore the attention whore....

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Why waste your time with this assclown?   He's an attention whore who loves getting you guys all worked up.   He's not worth it.   Ignore the attention whore....

Mark, tomfoolery Ghoulie stopped getting me worked up over his ignorant BS years ago. It's gotten too easy of late to bi- tcht slap him on his ever increasing BS.  

to me it's merely a question of how bad he can ignore reality,  and deep down, he doesn't know jack $hit on the inner workings of the NFL. 

I finished my pop corns. Has someone any left? Some coke would be great, too.

Many of the so-called draft experts have the Browns going QB first and then taking Barkley @ #4. However, he'll never be there @ #4. I'm sure somebody already said this before me, but unless they are set on just ONE QB and feel they will lose him at #4, they better take Barkley @ #1. (That's if they want him)! At first, I thought they should take the QB they wanted, then the CB @ #4. Then pick up an OT, RB, & WR in the second round. But like many, I feel this guy is just too good to pass up on! I'm also leaning more toward hoping they go after Cousins to--that's if they don't give up the farm for him.

10 minutes ago, bunkster said:

Many of the so-called draft experts have the Browns going QB first and then taking Barkley @ #4. However, he'll never be there @ #4. I'm sure somebody already said this before me, but unless they are set on just ONE QB and feel they will lose him at #4, they better take Barkley @ #1. (That's if they want him)! At first, I thought they should take the QB they wanted, then the CB @ #4. Then pick up an OT, RB, & WR in the second round. But like many, I feel this guy is just too good to pass up on! I'm also leaning more toward hoping they go after Cousins to--that's if they don't give up the farm for him.

Absolutely and welcome to the Browns Board! 

I was so hoping the BROWNS could land an offseason starting QB but we'll see on that I'd love to see them get Barkley plus another stud player, maybe defense?  Minkah? Plus with 12 picks they can really get need players.

15 hours ago, PoeticG said:

NOBODY was taking Weedone at close to 30 years old with a first round draft pick and probably not with a second either... 

Yes, they were.  He was considered a low first, high second round pick.  Idjit

We still should have taken Trent and built the team up around Colt. We would have been better off. And the next QB that walked through the door would have been better off, that next QB could have been Derek Carr... 

I guess some people just don't have the vison. When I buy this team, we'll build a dynasty better than the Patriots. 

Actually...you would fit right in with the past GMs that we have had.  Your record of making stupid choices would fit right in.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

I cant endorse Barkley anywhere in the first when I see Sony Michel possibly being as good and available top second. 

I think Saquon tumbles a bit. Especially when pro scouts start to watch his tape. 

There are so many quality RBs in this draft.

What most people don't realize is Duke Johnson will be entering the last year of his rookie contract.

Take 2 RBs this draft. I really like Michel, I also really like Ronald Jones of USC.

Overview

Barkley has gained notoriety for not only his work on the field, but his relentless work ethic in the weight room and in practice makes his great-uncle, former boxing champion Iran Barkley, proud. Barkley was a four-star recruit and all-state pick (1,856 yards, 31 total TD as a senior) and 100-meter state champion from Pennsylvania (though born in the Bronx). In his first year with the Nittany Lions, all Barkley did was set a school record for freshmen with 1,076 yards (on 182 carries, with seven scores; 20 receptions, 161 yards, TD receiving) and earn Freshman All-American and second-team All-Big Ten honors. He started six of 11 games played, missing two with an ankle injury, with one of his best accomplishments being that he ran for 195 yards and two scores against Ohio State on the road. Barkley really excelled as a sophomore, garnering third-team Associated Press All-American accolades and being named the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year after running for 1,496 yards and 18 touchdowns (tied for sixth in the FBS) on 272 carries (ninth). He finished off the year with 204 yards and two scores on 25 carries against USC in the Rose Bowl, showing off his elite speed and cutting ability, as well as receiving ability and willingness to participate in pass protection.

Analysis

Strengths

Compact frame carries muscular, powerful trunk. High tempo runner with urgent underpinnings as his core. Offensive lineman's best friend with talent to dismiss penetration with deft footwork. Runs with optimal pad level. Elite wiggle triggered by fluid hips. Knee bend and quick-twitch powers sudden stops paired with aggressive jump cuts and spin moves to leave tacklers hanging. Can alter the course of the run whenever he wants. Presses line of scrimmage to give himself ample time to make his reads. Vision is solid. Keeps eyes darting when navigating interior running lanes. Exploits voided cutback lanes. Lateral burst and agility are top-notch. Has plant-and-go burst to rocket around the corner when needed. Good feel for managing distance between himself and defenders once he finds an opening. Feet are in constant motion and he rarely gears down to change direction in open field. Capable pass catcher. Effective separator in his routes. Beats up linebackers on wheel routes. Very tough and very competitive. Added two kick returns for touchdowns this year and will do what he must to help his team win. Football character and personal character are impeccable.

Weaknesses

More elusive than he is powerful.

I can live with that. 

Has modest broken tackle numbers during his career at Penn State.

Modest broken tackles, okay, but what is the number of players left eating turf that didn't get a hand on him?

Plays with inconsistent leg drive through contact when working between the tackles.

Not something I've noticed but I'll look into it.

Will need to develop a more north/south mindset as a pro. 

Totally a matter of opinion. Not a weakness.

Doesn't always trust his run crease and will look to find side doors to bounce out of.

Sometimes those creases are traps, intuition is a beautiful thing, gotta go with the gut sometimes.

Gets too cute with stutter-steps and jukes on first level allowing help to flow to the ball.

...grasping at straws...

Needs a little earlier commitment on stretch plays and sweeps rather than going through extended probing.

Slightly nitpicking...

Has bouts with focus drops as pass catcher and his catch radius is limited.

Limited- LOL! Duke Johnson is "limited". Limited doesn't even belong on the same page as Saquon. Dude has UNLIMITED potential. I've never seen a better runner. 

Inconsistent at take-on blocks in pass protection.

He's no slouch in Pass protect, he can get better, he has gotten better and he'll do even better, you'll see. :) 

It's really okay to just say that, "He doesn't really have any weaknesses". :P

Draft Projection

Round 1 (top 5) (#1 Prospect)

NFL Comparison

Barry Sanders

Bottom Line.

Every-down running back with the ability to alter the course of an offense and become a face of the franchise-type player. Barkley has the rare ability to create additional yardage through elusiveness, speed, vision and feel for space in the open field. While he has been tasked with carrying a heavy load at Penn State, their decision to limit his carries somewhat this season could help Barkley headed into his rookie season. Barkley is a buffet runner who thrives with the more plates you give him and he has a chance to become an early All-Pro no matter what team takes him.

If the Browns do not draft Barkley #1 #1 they will have another mistake (WENZ and TRUBISKY) rubbed in their face.

2 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

If the Browns do not draft Barkley #1 #1 they will have another mistake (WENZ and TRUBISKY) rubbed in their face.

Unless he's another Jim Brown, passing on Barkley @ #1 is no big deal. I didn't see NFL.com rate him 9.0 "once in a lifetime player" either. It depends how the picks the Browns use in the first round turn out too. 

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You've said this numerous times.

I think you have Tourette's.

Possibly...  More likely he's just an attention whore who spends a lot of time on a football message board for someone who hates the sport and has said many times that he hates this team.    But thank god the king of hind sight is here.

Just now, Mark O said:

image.png

You guys are the ones that continually posting ridiculous stuff on a thread of a runningback that you don't want us to get... hmmm... not creepy at all...

Archived