THE BROWNS BOARD

Kenny Britt

DaBrowns

http://www.wkyc.com/mobile/article/sports/nfl/browns/kenny-britt-rips-hue-jackson-cleveland-browns-ahead-of-super-bowl-with-new-england-patriots/95-513534102

Kenny Britt ripped coach Hue Jackson and the Cleveland Browns ahead of his Super Bowl appearance with the New England Patriots.

Kenny Britt’s time with the Cleveland Browns will not be remembered for highlight-reel catches, great leadership or stories of lessons learned from a well-respected coaching staff, and that’s not just by fans and members of the media.

Britt himself admitted Wednesday that his experience with the Browns, who cut him 14 weeks into a four-year contract, and the New England Patriots, who will face the Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl LII at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis Sunday, could not be more different.

“It’s been awesome since I’ve been here, since I stepped in the door, a great experience,” Britt said.

“I’m taking it all in. I’m blessed to be here.

“There ain’t nothing to talk about. It’s a totally different side to the spectrum, to tell you the truth, and being able to come here and have an opportunity to play with these guys has been awesome, and I haven’t been looking back since.”

According to ESPN Cleveland’s Tony Grossi, Britt put the blame for his and the Browns’ struggles squarely at the feet of coach Hue Jackson, whom his agent ripped in the immediate aftermath of his December departure.

“‘Good players, good teams, can’t overcome bad coaching.’ Simple as that,” Britt told Grossi. 

“I’ve learned so much. These guys take their job real seriously, day in and day out. No detail is too small. That’s one thing they harp on -- getting every detail right. That’s the reason they’ve had so much success.”

One of the key free-agent signings on the first day of the new league year last March, Britt was waived on Friday, December 8, after playing in just nine games for the organization and on the first full day under new general manager John Dorsey.

Britt signed a four-year, $32.5 million contract with the Browns, of which $17 million was guaranteed.

“Being cut by Cleveland was definitely not my lowest point in the NFL, and that’s just something to knock off the shoulder and put behind me,” Britt said. “Like I said, lesson learned and I’m onto another chapter in my life, and I’m happy about it.”

In his nine games with the Browns, Britt caught only 18 passes, which, ironically enough, was his jersey number in Cleveland. Britt gained 233 yards and scored two touchdowns with three of his receptions going for gains of at least 20 yards.

Along with fellow receiver Corey Coleman, Britt was sent home from Houston for missing curfew ahead of a 33-17 loss to the Texans at NRG Stadium on Sunday, October 15.

Britt joined the Browns after his only 1,000-yard season in the NFL, one in which he caught 68 passes for 1,002 yards and five touchdowns for the Los Angeles Rams. Britt averaged 14.7 yards per catch and 66.8 yards per game, caught 15 20-yard passes and four that went for 40 or more yards. Forty-seven of Britt’s 68 catches went for Rams first downs in 2016.

“I’m pretty sure everybody else would,” Britt said when asked if he feels like the luckiest man in the world to go from a team that eventually finished the 2017 season 0-16 to a Super Bowl contender. “My wife does. I’m glad I have an opportunity to be in a place where I’m well respected and guys are glad for me to be here.”

© 2018 WKYC

Whatever...  He was a non factor when he was here and had key drops when he did play.   It's not hard to rip on a 1-31 HC...hell everyone of us here has done that.   Britt hasn't done shit in New England either.  He's been the same non factor there that he was here so fuck him.

Two pieces of shite do not a good situation make.   While Britt is likely right about Hue being a bad HC.   But he is also a bad WR....and if things are so great in New England.....then why is he  scheduled to be inactive for the Super Bowl....on a team that could use some help at WR.

dude-wipes-hed-2015.png

Hard for me to dismiss Britt''s criticism out of hand....

56 minutes ago, DaBrowns said:

“‘Good players, good teams, can’t overcome bad coaching.’ Simple as that.” - Britt

he could have given a frack, but didn't. He sandbagged because he got his money. He can go wherever.

Makes me all the more happy to root for the Eagles to win.

Man, how bad must Huey suck to have Britt rip on him?

Like one of the dudes from Dumb and Dumber making fun of someone's intelligence...... Well deserved Huey, well deserved. 

While Britt takes his victory lap, keep in mind he’s caught a whopping 2 passes for his new team.

He is also been inactive the past 2 games, and likely inactive for the Super Bowl.

To draw a parallel, I once spit in Lake Erie while fishing...I guess I can take credit for filling it up.

6 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

While Britt takes his victory lap, keep in mind he’s caught a whopping 2 passes for his new team.

He is also been inactive the past 2 games, and likely inactive for the Super Bowl.

To draw a parallel, I once spit in Lake Erie while fishing...I guess I can take credit for filling it up.

Ask Westside Steve to relate the story about the day he had lunch with Pancho Villa.

1 minute ago, Ghoolie said:

One of the most successful franchises in the history of the NFL is paying Britt a lot of money to be on standby. Whose shoes would you rather be in? Myles Garrett's or Kenny Britt? Britt gets the last laugh. If he sits? He gets even MORE of the last laugh.

Idiot Browns fans.............. "Ah ha,  look at that poor bastard..........he is getting paid to be a part of the AFC Superbowl contender.........wow.........that really sucks for him.

Fukcking idiots.

attention.jpg

I believe in Josh Gordon. He's the veteran we needed. I hope he's back for good. Flash is the man. Leader and instantly changed the game last year in very limited time. 

9 hours ago, DaBrowns said:

“‘Good players, good teams, can’t overcome bad coaching.’ Simple as that,” Britt told Grossi. 

Quite the statement.   Sour grapes?   Or true statement?    -  Mr. Haslam, what are your thoughts on the statement?  

Is the 'bad coaching' thing somewhat muted now that we have Haley and HIS offense and play calling?

...before the ink was dry on his contract Dorsey cut Britt.  Was Hue behind that?  Did he tell Dorsey, "I've been telling them to cut this guy."

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Dorkey. He is another coffee fetcher

Basically- that's all Britt does for Belichick. I said from the get-go, beware of guys coming off of a contract year that's an outlier of previous performance. Once he got paid, that was the best part of Kenny's game- collecting paychecks. Locker room cancer in Cleveland from multiple reports. Didn't want to be on a losing team so he acted like a big enough a-hole to get sent out of town. 

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Basically- that's all Britt does for Belichick. I said from the get-go, beware of guys coming off of a contract year that's an outlier of previous performance. Once he got paid, that was the best part of Kenny's game- collecting paychecks. Locker room cancer in Cleveland from multiple reports. Didn't want to be on a losing team so he acted like a big enough a-hole to get sent out of town. 

Fuk him in the butt with a pinecone.

WSS

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Ask Westside Steve to relate the story about the day he had lunch with Pancho Villa.

I to have had lunch with Pancho Villa! 

It's funny cause I saw a guy on the field who literally couldn't get open, dropped passes, and got benched for being the worst of a cast of clown WR's. But that was coaching? Riiiiight.

Britt was a little bitch, plain and simple. He took the money and ran just like Bowe did.

11 hours ago, Orion said:

Quite the statement.   Sour grapes?   Or true statement?    - 

A bit of both.

Mr. Haslam, what are your thoughts on the statement?  

Is the 'bad coaching' thing somewhat muted now that we have Haley and HIS offense and play calling?

...before the ink was dry on his contract Dorsey cut Britt.  Was Hue behind that?  Did he tell Dorsey, "I've been telling them to cut this guy."

I don't think Hue needed to tell Dorsey.

20 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Hasn't he been inactive every eeek with Pats?

16 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Yep. That is correct.

ummmm... sorry... active for 3 of 4.

10 2017-12-17 14 29-089 NWE @ PIT W 27-24 1 1 7 7.00 0 100.0% 7.00 0 0
11 2017-12-24 15 29-096 NWE   BUF W 37-16 2 1 16 16.00 0 50.0% 8.00 0 0
12 2017-12-31 16 29-103 NWE   NYJ W 26-6 2 0 0   0 0.0% 0.00 0 0

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BritKe00/gamelog/2017/

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Ha, & Ghoolie wants to rag on Coleman? Britt was a horrible signing. Really contributing to the Pats, 2 catches for 23 yards. Damn shame if the Pats win and he gets a ring for taking up a roster spot. 

The Browns are essentially paying him to play for NE. Looking at his contracts, Pats are only paying him $158k, next season is non-guaranteed. OTOH, we're on the hook for $4 million in dead money this year. Whoever signed him should be fired. LOL, I think we did. :)

Have to see this entire segment in Bud Shaw's column on Britt to truly appreciate it...

* Former Browns "receiver" Kenny Britt hasn't played much since signing with New England and isn't expected to against the Eagles.

So you know what that means. Kenny Britt will catch the game-winning pass from Brady.

* Britt kept dropping "Dilly Dilly" references in answering questions about the Browns during a Super Bowl session with reporters.

Since he was being asked questions about his time in Berea, he shouldn't be ripped for answering them.

But "pit of misery" Bud Light commercial references?

He doesn't get to do that. Those should be reserved for the people who had to watch him.

* Britt on Hue Jackson (sort of): "I'm going to leave you with this quote that I heard. It wasn't toward me. Just out there in general. Good players, good teams, can't overcome bad coaching. Simple as that."

So if you're looking for evidence Jackson has hit rock bottom, it's a multiple choice:

1. 0-16;
  2. A NFL head coach swimming in Lake Erie;
  3. a NFL head coach getting called out by Kenny Britt.

http://www.cleveland.com/budshaw/index.ssf/2018/02/how_much_influence_will_hue_ja.html

20 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Oops, I was wrong & I apologize.

Mike

4 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Oops, I was wrong & I apologize.

For what it's worth I knew he'd played vs. PTG, but wasn't sure about the other two games... and he was 3 for 3 in the regular season.

He was filling in for Chris Hogan... who pulled a hammie IIRC.

I do not think Britt's seen the field in the post season. Can't find any stats to say he has and remember seeing his name at least one week on the Inactives list.

Jesus this guy is something else.

Gave no effort, constantly complained, and trashed cleveland. f#$% him. oh, and also f#$% kyrie irving.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/03/kenny-britt-compares-himself-to-kyrie-irving-had-to-get-out-of-cleveland/

We need more players like Joe Thomas and  too bad Kyrie is selfish instead of having the heart of a high class person like Dirk Nowitzki

On 2/2/2018 at 11:35 AM, Tour2ma said:

Not that Kenny Brat was burning any more calories than a mannequin in that sense of active...

Archived