THE BROWNS BOARD

Kenny Britt

DaBrowns

I honestly can't figure who would waste energy putting a mike in front of this guy's big mouth. Who cares to hear him answer questions from ANYBODY? It doesn't matter if it is Super Bowl week....he's a clown of the 1st order and about as reliable as the wind. 

Britt makes it easy enough to root for Philly...except Philly fans threw bottles at the Vikings team busses on their way out of the stadium.  Screw Philly.

4 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

To put things in perspective, Britt was cut from an 0-16 12 team. Let that sink in.

FIFY... and he's yet to lose another game. ;)

16 hours ago, Flugel said:

I was the knucklehead that went all Ralph Cramden on this guy saying and thinking he was a good signing by us...  There's less embarrassing ways to announce I need my day job.

Tom, not to confuse you by not giving you a ridiculous pile of Ghoolie crap, but I don't think you have a red asss on this one. The guy is talented, but he is  like Terrell Owens, the spotlight has to be directly on him in order for him to perform.

You have to give Kudos to Belichik for how he gets problematic player to buy into the team philosophy and play. 

I don't really care what he did once he left. My concern is why so many, players, coaches, and execs just come to Cleveland, take a dump and move on. If Joe THomas was a QB, he would have sparked this team to become a winner. Call it whatever you want, but the Browns need a star....a leader... some sonofabitch that actually gives a schidt. I loved Bradshaw because he could rally his men, like MacArthur. Kosar, Sipe, Elway, on and on it goes. 

You get that guy, and people around him just naturally respond in kind.

I think Mayfield might just be that kind of a guy. Kizer has the heart, but his combination of being green and erratic I think kill his chances. 

These goddamned players have talent. Some of them play their ayusses off, and others are like in a Nitrous Oxide daze. Coleman for instance.THe guy is a fukcing poster boy for ADD. How the F$%# does he drop that pass at the end versus the Steelers?

You weren't wrong about Britt. He CAN play, he just chooses not to.

7 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Tom, not to confuse you by not giving you a ridiculous pile of Ghoolie crap, but I don't think you have a red asss on this one. The guy is talented, but he is  like Terrell Owens, the spotlight has to be directly on him in order for him to perform.

You have to give Kudos to Belichik for how he gets problematic player to buy into the team philosophy and play. 

I don't really care what he did once he left. My concern is why so many, players, coaches, and execs just come to Cleveland, take a dump and move on. If Joe THomas was a QB, he would have sparked this team to become a winner. Call it whatever you want, but the Browns need a star....a leader... some sonofabitch that actually gives a schidt. I loved Bradshaw because he could rally his men, like MacArthur. Kosar, Sipe, Elway, on and on it goes. 

You get that guy, and people around him just naturally respond in kind.

I think Mayfield might just be that kind of a guy. Kizer has the heart, but his combination of being green and erratic I think kill his chances. 

These goddamned players have talent. Some of them play their ayusses off, and others are like in a Nitrous Oxide daze. Coleman for instance.THe guy is a fukcing poster boy for ADD. How the F$%# does he drop that pass at the end versus the Steelers?

You weren't wrong about Britt. He CAN play, he just chooses not to.

If you want a leader then you have to take the QB #1 overall that you think can be that leader, not Barkley. Only exception to that is if you feel the top 3 QBs are leaders, any of whom you would be happy with, then you take Barkley who seems to be your preferred #1 choice. 

I personally do not see him as that far above several others who will be there early 2nd, but that's my choice and apparently not yours.

16 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

FIFY... and he's yet to lose another game. ;)

Err...well...he has now.   Not that he had anything to do with the loss or the potential win.

Brady set a new postseason record of 505 yards passing without his help.   (beating the old record of 489 yards held by Bernie Kosar)

24 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Err...well...he has now.   Not that he had anything to do with the loss or the potential win.

Brady set a new postseason record of 505 yards passing without his help.   (beating the old record of 489 yards held by Bernie Kosar)

Brady had a pass slip through his fingers...just like Kenny.

Just now, Canton Dawg said:

Brady had a pass slip through his fingers...just like Kenny.

Slightly overthrown by a non-quarterback to a wide open non-wide reciever on an overhead pass compared to the Foles easy pitch catch (1st ever NFL catch).

Such is football. 

On 2/4/2018 at 7:36 AM, Flugel said:

I was the knucklehead that went all Ralph Cramden on this guy saying and thinking he was a good signing by us...  There's less embarrassing ways to announce I need my day job.

...and if you recall, I was the guy that answered you by saying, "He only averages 35 receptions per year."

He was brought in by the Harvard Think Tank.  They're disbanded and established 'football' people seem to be walking in the door every few days now.  Let's hope we've finally got a front office with actual SMARTS when it comes to evaluating football talent.

I'll never forget DePo's remark after their first draft, "We drafted productive football players.  What did you want us to do?"   -  And I was like, But do these draftees project to be productive NFL players?  

7 hours ago, Orion said:

...and if you recall, I was the guy that answered you by saying, "He only averages 35 receptions per year."

He was brought in by the Harvard Think Tank.  They're disbanded and established 'football' people seem to be walking in the door every few days now.  Let's hope we've finally got a front office with actual SMARTS when it comes to evaluating football talent.

I'll never forget DePo's remark after their first draft, "We drafted productive football players.  What did you want us to do?"   -  And I was like, But do these draftees project to be productive NFL players?  

I'm surprised they even kept DePo around. and his other famous remark "we didn't think Wentz was a top 20 QB".  

18 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If you want a leader then you have to take the QB #1 overall that you think can be that leader, not Barkley. Only exception to that is if you feel the top 3 QBs are leaders, any of whom you would be happy with, then you take Barkley who seems to be your preferred #1 choice. 

I personally do not see him as that far above several others who will be there early 2nd, but that's my choice and apparently not yours.

I am okay with Mayfield or whoever the dikheds feel is the right QB at #1.

I would tradw up to # to get Barkley.

Here is the problem as I see it. Imagine that the Browns that Mister QB at #1, no matter who it is. 

So its safe to say that by the time we are.up at #4.....there really is nobody the Browns love at 4 OR love emough tpay a #4 prices. So BOOM.....we trade down and get Corey Coleman again

Net result.......another unremarkable Browns draft. 

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I am okay with Mayfield or whoever the dikheds feel is the right QB at #1.

I would tradw up to # to get Barkley.

Here is the problem as I see it. Imagine that the Browns that Mister QB at #1, no matter who it is. 

So its safe to say that by the time we are.up at #4.....there really is nobody the Browns love at 4 OR love emough tpay a #4 prices. So BOOM.....we trade down and get Corey Coleman again

Net result.......another unremarkable Browns draft. 

If the QB assessments are right about this class being that good, then Barkley will be there @ #4.

43 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If the QB assessments are right about this class being that good, then Barkley will be there @ #4.

Only way I see Barkley not being there at #4 is if the Colts pick him at #3. It could make sense as the new HC will be McDanields, but I bet they are going to get great trade offers and first 3 picks will be QBs. Colts have also many holes.

Personally I'd prefer not drafting a RB that high, as their football career is way shorter and if you draft, let's say a CB, he can double the active years of a RB. But if we pick a QB at #1, I will be OK with either decision.

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

Only way I see Barkley not being there at #4 is if the Colts pick him at #3. It could make sense as the new HC will be McDanields, but I bet they are going to get great trade offers and first 3 picks will be QBs. Colts have also many holes.

Personally I'd prefer not drafting a RB that high, as their football career is way shorter and if you draft, let's say a CB, he can double the active years of a RB. But if we pick a QB at #1, I will be OK with either decision.

And personally I am in the defensive QB @ #4 and a RB top of the 2nd or trade up with some of the later round picks into bottom of the 1st if choices are dwindling. By defensive QB I'm talking about Fitzpatrick who was well trained by Saban & Co. to be the defensive playcaller/leader of that Bama D. Kid is smart as a whip and great at diagnosing offensive plays. We need that kind of player on this team to make the talent work.

My mind keeps getting clogged looking at some of the talent that drops later down the 1st round.. MAYbe falling to us round 2? We need a playmaker slot WR that could play both,inside & outside. WR Christian Kirks is my Zay Jones woody this draft.Doubt he gets to or past Philly? Been through RB's tapes. but Safety & CB keep falling to some no name talent..a FA here maybe are best way to go? (or maybe H. Wilson can run without breaking knee cap<_<)

On 2/4/2018 at 10:36 AM, Undertaker said:

I honestly can't figure who would waste energy putting a mike in front of this guy's big mouth. Who cares to hear him answer questions from ANYBODY? It doesn't matter if it is Super Bowl week....he's a clown of the 1st order and about as reliable as the wind. 

And what can be sadder than a disgruntled unappreciated  multimillionaire jock with a microphone or twitter account.  :lol:

On 2/4/2018 at 10:29 PM, calfoxwc said:

wonder how kenny brittlehands feels about being inactive for the superbowl. Hardy har har.

Richer?

On 2/5/2018 at 10:24 AM, mjp28 said:

Slightly overthrown by a non-quarterback to a wide open non-wide reciever on an overhead pass compared to the Foles easy pitch catch (1st ever NFL catch).

Tom's inability to run has never been on better display.

One key to any receiver's success is the ability to run with a steady head... if the head is jarred, then the eyes are jarred... if the eyes are being jarred then the tracking suffers. No where does this show up greater than in the over-the-shoulder catch.

18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Richer?

Tom's inability to run has never been on better display.

One key to any receiver's success is the ability to run with a steady head... if the head is jarred, then the eyes are jarred... if the eyes are being jarred then the tracking suffers. No where does this show up greater than in the over-the-shoulder catch.

It was more like he was jump challenged added to slow.:lol:

14 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It was more like he was jump challenged added to slow.:lol:

I was thinking about Tour's analysis and yours, those trick plays generally work best when a quarterback is standing still, wide open and catching what is essentially a drop back snap. WRs practice every kind of catch dozens if not more times every week.

Who knows it might have been a game deciding play like Foles catch?

Archived