THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Covets Kirk .....

darren15

Joe ThomasVerified account @joethomas73
FollowFollow @joethomas73
More

Joe Thomas Retweeted russ

You could make MORE money and MORE history in Cleveland than anywhere else, by FAR. Don’t just go and be another quarterback somewhere else!

I wonder what he knows and whether it has any significance on Joe coming back ?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah and these FA quarterbacks should be set for several lifetimes, even rookie players are doing alright especially if they're smart with theIr money.

GO with destiny! Become a CLEVELAND BROWN! (or something like that) <cue the trumpets>

This is going to be an interesting off-season. If we can bring in Cousins it blows up the entire draft. Joe Thomas vs Von Miller in the recruiting battle. The Broncos have some better offnsive peices but there aging and not protecting Cousins blindside. I'm interested what we can get out of Gordon, Duke, and Njoku can do with a legit QB and a proven OC like Haley

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Joe may covet him....but I am iffy.   Of course Joe is coming from the standpoint of:   I only got a couple of years left.  Do I want to spend them protecting a greenhorn rookie or a used up old warhorse of a bridge QB?  No, Joe don't.  

Yeah I think Joe has had enough of the same old QB situation. Hell, at this point anything that makes Joe happy damn near automatically makes me happy

55 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

This is going to be an interesting off-season. If we can bring in Cousins it blows up the entire draft. Joe Thomas vs Von Miller in the recruiting battle. The Broncos have some better offnsive peices but there aging and not protecting Cousins blindside. I'm interested what we can get out of Gordon, Duke, and Njoku can do with a legit QB and a proven OC like Haley

Probably 9-10 wins

2 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Plus if we get Cousins Cleveland would be a more enticing place for other free agents. Possibly landing us a Landry, Robinson, or even a stud on defense.

my thoughts exactly,still do not think he ends up here

Joe has played with 18 different QB's since drafted in 2007..JT has heard draft,develope, bla,bla at QB going into his last year on Browns contract..Dorsey is stuck deciding on a  buy-able 1-2 year bridge QB. Verses Alex & Cousins wanting 3-4 year commitment..Can't blame JT wanting to stay at home in Cleveland if given a real Chance to Win..   

12 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Joe has played with 18 different QB's since drafted in 2007..JT has heard draft,develope, bla,bla at QB going into his last year on Browns contract..Dorsey is stuck deciding on a  buy-able 1-2 year bridge QB. Verses Alex & Cousins wanting 3-4 year commitment..Can't blame JT wanting to stay at home in Cleveland if given a real Chance to Win..   

So....if they sign Josh McCown as the Bridge QB....then Joe would not have to add to the list of QBs he has blocked for. 

(Or, we could resign current FAs like Derek Anderson, Brandon Weeden, RGIII....etc. etc....the yabos that he has already blocked for that are now FAs...JFF.

1 minute ago, Louisville Slugger said:

What's up with people wanting Josh McCown? He was just on our team, playing under Hue Jackson, and he was awful. Sure he played ok for the jets but that must have been a system thing because he has played for a long time and he has shown he's not a starter. 

Because he's an excellent mentor for young talent, and he's a proven veteran to fill in whenever needed. it's not about him being the best QB available, it's about being affordable and able to get the new guys up to speed quickly. Kizer would'be been much better having Josh there to start the first several games.

3 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

What's up with people wanting Josh McCown? He was just on our team, playing under Hue Jackson, and he was awful. Sure he played ok for the jets but that must have been a system thing because he has played for a long time and he has shown he's not a starter. 

You could not say he was not brave....took more hits than a rock drummers snare drum

21 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Because he's an excellent mentor for young talent, and he's a proven veteran to fill in whenever needed. it's not about him being the best QB available, it's about being affordable and able to get the new guys up to speed quickly. Kizer would'be been much better having Josh there to start the first several games.

Precisely.

15 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

So it doesn't matter that he sucks, because he takes a beating? That doesn't compute with me. I want a guy that can atleast manage a game. Pay me 8 million a season and I'll get my head kicked in a handful of games a season.

Josh Managed games better than anyone else we have had.

Something to remember:   a big part of the problem and why Josh could not win games here two years ago:    Hue Jackson was his coach/OC.  In his time with the Jets he proved he could win with a modicum of an NFL caliber coach. 

24 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

You're Shmucking tripping on something.  

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Josh Managed games better than anyone else we have had.

Something to remember:   a big part of the problem and why Josh could not win games here two years ago:    Hue Jackson was his coach/OC.  In his time with the Jets he proved he could win with a modicum of an NFL caliber coach. 

That and getting helicoptered into next month in that goalline collision. 

:)

56 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

So it doesn't matter that he sucks, because he takes a beating? That doesn't compute with me. I want a guy that can atleast manage a game. Pay me 8 million a season and I'll get my head kicked in a handful of games a season.

Josh McCown sucked when he was here and Lamar Jackson is the best QB in this draft.

Your QB analysis is, interesting, to say the least Slugger. 

4 hours ago, Axe said:

I think Joe has more than earned his say.

Absolutely.

As far as a talking head on TV have you ever watched him on those fishing shows? 

20 minutes ago, nickers said:

Cousins is average and has a Sheet record against .500 teams.. Plus hes on the back end of his career... Pass!

Save a LOT of money with little or no drop off in talent/production...SIGN AJ!!!  (just one old man's opinion)

Mike

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Josh McCown sucked when he was here and Lamar Jackson is the best QB in this draft.

Your QB analysis is, interesting, to say the least Slugger. 

I get that my opinion of Lamar isn't popular but to say McCown was anything but trash is ridiculous. McCown has been backup quality at best his entire career

8 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I get that my opinion of Lamar isn't popular but to say McCown was anything but trash is ridiculous. McCown has been backup quality at best his entire career

In 2015, he threw for over 2100 yards, with 12 TDs and 4 Ints starting about half the season. Had a 93.3 QB rating.

He battled injuries the next season, throwing for 6 TDS and 6 Ints, with a mediocre 73ish QB rating.

Trash? That's just silly. 

7 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I watched him play. Even in his "good" games he crumbled under pressure. Mccown just isn't a winner

Refresh my memory, but were you the person who was arguing with me that Alex Smith is garbage? (I honestly don't remember who I had that debate with...)

Archived