THE BROWNS BOARD

The Combine - a few days away...

Orion

6 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

No.

No, no, no.

This is a direct example of the "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

If this was true, Josh Allen cannot fail - he can only be failed.  But the reality of life is that "right" NEVER happens.. and people in all phases of life will always need to overcome bad something-or-other within their team to achieve.  If you don't think that's true -- suck it up, snowflake.

During the season is probably not going to happen - rather, during the offseason Allen could see any number of QB people such as Adam Dedeaux [Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Dalton, Wentz] on his own to improve.. and even so far this offseason you can find articles on each of those 4 spending time with Dedeaux.

People will improve because they are self-aware enough to BOTH recognize and internalize their own flaws AND summon the desire to overcome those items - simply to be the best player they can be. They're adults - they won't do anything just for somebody else and will definitely half-butt it if improvement is phrased as a "requirement."

Notice those last 2 sentences had nothing to do with athletics... that's how personal growth happens to everyone throughout life.

First off, I aint a snowflake. Secondly, Allen will be overcoming something in his life.

My statement is FACT. QBs have improved from labled with low completions numbers and they became stars in the NFL. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

smoke, possible fire. Lots of serious smoke. I didn't write these articles, JRB.

Trent Dilfer: Josh Rosen will 'piss off' a lot of people | NFL | Sporting ...

www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/...rosen-will.../1v6da6sekzr4n15ti8b1h50afj

Jan 12, 2018 - "But the people that get it, the people that really like him, the people that understand what it means to be the best at the highest level will get that he has that stuff." Dilfer and Rosen did not get along initially. In fact, Rosen came out publicly and said he didn't like working with Dilfer. However, the two worked ...

NFL execs unanimously pick Sam Darnold over Josh Rosen - 247Sports

Nov 17, 2017 - Countless hours will be poured into the evaluation process to avoid a bust. UCLA's Josh Rosen and USC's Sam Darnold have been widely regarded as the top options. NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah polled five executives to gauge which player has the advantage early in the process. All five executive .

Denver Broncos mock draft: Could Josh Rosen fall?

Jan 19, 2018 - We'll dive into the possibility of the Broncos and Rosen more as the offseason progresses, but the interview process will certainly be critical for him. The Broncos are getting an up close look at both Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen for a week at the Senior Bowl, a luxury they do not have with any of Sam ...

Josh Rosen is talented, but has major flaws to his game | PFF News ...

Sep 29, 2015 - We've already seen signs of the ups and downs that are expected from a young quarterback, but that leaves us wondering just how good Rosen can be going forward. Let's start by focusing on the bad from his game — because in spite of the hype, he's young, and there will be plenty of that on display.

Josh Rosen Viewed as "Uncoachable" By Many Around UCLA

Aug 17, 2017 - Oftentimes throughout history this leads to some pretty big draft busts. ... In an age when, thanks to social media, players are under a larger spotlight than ever, how will the NFL perceive Rosen? ... There can be no doubt that the United States is the most politically-charged and volatile its been in decades.

Denver Broncos mock draft: Could Josh Rosen fall?

Jan 19, 2018 - We'll dive into the possibility of the Broncos and Rosen more as the offseason progresses, but the interview process will certainly be critical for him. The Broncos are getting an up close look at both Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen for a week at the Senior Bowl, a luxury they do not have with any of Sam .

But, but, but, but...the stats. His completion numbers are HOF material.

10 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Like Mariota and Winston have?

Which is the "right" offense, might I ask?   You're just spouting words at this point and about to be put on ignore.  

Also...  John Boy had 3 future NFL players in front of him, a top 20 receiver and for all that "best conference in the NCAA" cowpoop... of the 3 best teams in said conference, he beat only 1 of them...    once.   Bama' in 12.   Couldn't get by LSU twice, Florida or Bama the second time and a defensive deficient Mizzou his final year.

Stop using that Shmucker as any type of comparison for anything otherwise you're just trolling.  

I don't support Rosen because of his "stats".    I back the kid because he's flashed high level traits and moments in nearly every game I've watched that would point to a quality NFL starter.

The right offense is not one where Allen is rushing the ball. Look up his rushing attempts and figure it out for yourself because I dont have time to explain to you.

Also, GFY

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Sure, some QBs have improved. You're quoting exceptions to prove the rule. Most of them don't. The fail rate in the NFL says so. It's possible Allen could improve his accuracy and have an Elway level career. Odds say a Blaine Gabbert, Derek Anderson outcome is more likely. 

Everything needs to be viewed in proper context. Allen was NOT in a Pro style offense. The talent around him was sub par to say the least.

Teams are looking at Allens potential. What steps they can take to bring up those passing numbers. The Spread offense does wonders for some QBs.

2 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Everything needs to be viewed in proper context. Allen was NOT in a Pro style offense. The talent around him was sub par to say the least.

Teams are looking at Allens potential. What steps they can take to bring up those passing numbers. The Spread offense does wonders for some QBs.

He wasn't in a pro style offense????  Cal has been telling us for months that he was in a pro style offense that's why his numbers aren't as high as the other QBs?   So can you Allen humpers get your story straight?

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

He wasn't in a pro style offense????  Cal has been telling us for months that he was in a pro style offense that's why his numbers aren't as high as the other QBs?   So can you Allen humpers get your story straight?

Facts are apparently optional for the Allen faction.

20 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Facts are apparently optional for the Allen faction.

Try a Mike MayOCK QB Brown pill  https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/2/26/17043068/mike-mayock-talks-browns-qb-options-in-the-first-round  

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

The right offense is not one where Allen is rushing the ball. Look up his rushing attempts and figure it out for yourself because I dont have time to explain to you.

Also, GFY

Designed or scrambles? Something tells me you're half assing it and not distinguish the two.

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Oh-oh- time for "The Quarterback Whisperer" to try and fix Allen's bad footisies when he throws.... 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Oh-oh- time for "The Quarterback Whisperer" to try and fix Allen's bad footisies when he throws.... 

Comparing Allen to Jamarcus Russel is no compliment, but Mayock brings up an excellent point about Haley and the type of QB that excels in his offense. When I look at Allen I see another Ben. 

The comment about footwork is a good one too. People underestimate how important QB motor skills are like footwork. The wrong stance can effect your throws. Brady still has a QB coach that he works with to this day. Several years ago, Brady was telegraphing when he would throw under center after he had won 3 Super Bowls. I believe that Allen rusting the ball had an effect on his passing too.The whole proper throwing sequence can get off so easily, just like a baseball pitcher or hitter. They have played baseball their whole lives good enough to reach the big leagues, but are suddenly doing something wrong.

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So you think the positioning for carrying a football is the same as a QB's throwing motion? 

This is just becoming silly at this point.  The Allen humpers refuse to acknowledge any of his short comings.   With 2 months to go....Allen and Poes stalking victim Barkley will both be fitted for gold jackets by the draft from these clowns.

15 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

yeah, me too. SO...

I think I want to study the qb's, wr's and rb's most of all the positions in the combine.

I'm looking for Mike White, Darnold and Allen to light it up.

And, of course, if they do not....and Rosen does, you will have some dodge or excuse as to why.

and I keep wondering about Eq? St. Brown - and a few others, like D. J. Chark to light it up.

and Ballage. we'll see.

Is Fitzpatrick at the combine?  We need to watch how he does. 

59 minutes ago, Mark O said:

This is just becoming silly at this point.  The Allen humpers refuse to acknowledge any of his short comings.   With 2 months to go....Allen and Poes stalking victim Barkley will both be fitted for gold jackets by the draft from these clowns.

To be fair.....at least there is a fair consensus on the status of Barkley compared to Allen. 

While perhaps we can joke that we fear that Barkley may be another Curtis Enis or Blair Thomas....that is purely a matter of the college they attended.

On the positive side...some say he could be another Zeke Elliott...possibly. On the negative, they say he could be another Trent Richardson.  Who really knows.

I think the road is much rougher for Allen. Nothing on him particularly....but how many big, strong armed, mobile type QBs have we seen that have come out on the short end of the stick.  To my view...Allen, more than Rosen....has a better chance to end up Ryan Leaf like.....or Mike Phipps/Derek Anderson/DeShone Kizer/Brandon Weeden like. 

Rosen is different.  On the plus side, you never know, he could be an Aaron Rodgers like persona  (they have the same nose anyway!:lol:)   But he could also be a disappointment.  Sort of Matt Leinertish.   Same for Darnold.  Again, you never know.

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

People refuse to hear it because they are so fixated on Rosen and Darnold

You should know by now I'm not fixated on either. I don't want the Browns taking a project with a capital P quarterback with the #1 overall. Allen has higher bust potential in my mind than any of Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield. #4 on my desirability list, and I doubt the combine and pro days will change my opinion much.

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

yet, I've admitted Allen needs some time many times. You just don't read, you want to emotionally knee jerk like the typical

rosenbum poster licker.

I almost feel embarrassed for you after reading your immature, childish retorts.

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

yet, I've admitted Allen needs some time many times. You just don't read, you want to emotionally knee jerk like the typical

rosenbum poster licker.

To the first statement....To me, it's foolish to draft a QB that is a project and needs time at #1 overall or even #4 overall on a team that has more holes than swiss cheese.  This team needs guys who can play, not a guy who needs 2 or 3 years of sitting around learning how to play.  We already have that guy on the roster, why do we want to go that route again.

As for the 2nd statement...Nice to see that you've really grown up in the last week since I've spent a lot of time on the board.  :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I would guess that "almost" is the key word in that sentence.

It's laughable how obviously transparent his hatred is of Rosen. 

You don't hold a grudge, a vendetta like his against some kid he's never met who could very well NOT PLAY FOR THE BROWNS just because you think his teammates don't like him and that he comes from a rich family. You say you'd rather not draft him and move on. 

His non-stop bitching and moaning, name-calling and childishness against Rosen has a very personal feel to it. Despite his pathetic attempts to convince everyone, we all know why he feels such vitriol towards him. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's laughable how obviously transparent his hatred is of Rosen. 

You don't hold a grudge, a vendetta like his against some kid he's never met who could very well NOT PLAY FOR THE BROWNS just because you think his teammates don't like him and that he comes from a rich family. You say you'd rather not draft him and move on. 

His non-stop bitching and moaning, name-calling and childishness against Rosen has a very personal feel to it. Despite his pathetic attempts to convince everyone, we all know why he feels such vitriol towards him. 

I'm guessing it has something to do with politics and the political board that I couldn't be paid enough money to read. 

4 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I'm guessing it has something to do with politics and the political board that I couldn't be paid enough money to read. 

If he's this much of a hack on the Browns forums, I can only imagine the idiocy he spews over there. 

Not enough money in the world. 

Darnold not throwing is a bit of a bummer.  

I'm sure that his agent told him that he's the #1 overall pick and that it wouldn't be in his own best interest to throw at the combine.

Allen has to throw (IMO) because he's gotta prove that he's accurate.  (although that could be a reason NOT to throw with guys that he's not used to working with)  

Rosen's agent made him come out and say that he NEVER said that he didn't want to play for Cleveland...and that he has NO IDEA where that could've come from.  But he's on tape stating that he wouldn't see anything wrong with falling a little bit to the 'right' team rather than being picked early.  It's ok Josh.  We understand that NO QB in their right mind really wants to come to Cleveland right now.  Just don't SAY it...Cos ya gotta go where they draft ya.  Preferably someplace with a good OL so that frail noggin' and body of yours doesn't get hurt.

And Mary Kay is worried about what she saw at the senior bowl regarding Mayfield.  She came away with the feeling that he could still have a little of that Manziel mentality in him.  -  She was there, I wasn't.  

The combine kinda' get's the draft season rolling.  Teams get accurate measurements and a chance to interview players.  And the QB interviews will be very important for us.  I would love to be a fly on the wall for Rosen and Mayfield's chat with us.

Archived