THE BROWNS BOARD

All Saquon, all the Time...

hoorta

2 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

You've proven yourself to be full of Sheet soooo, nah - I don't believe you. Barkley though? Yeah, I do. 

Barkley and Baker are the picks at #1 and #4- read em and weep. 

Want to bet on that? 

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Want to bet on that? 

You guys need the problem gambling hotline or something...

All I hear is QB, QB, QB, QB, QB... stop it already. We're not taking a QB #1. Dorsey said getting the QB solved was priority #1, he's fulfilled that by trading for Tyrod Taylor, he's said he was the starter this year. Nowhere in any statement or press conference has Dorsey said that we're taking a QB #1. Only shell shocked fans and Mary Kay Cabot are declaring QB #1 as gospel. Don't be sheep. Be lions. 

2 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Here's what happened against a real defense the last time the game was on the line

Thats' some Alien looking sh!t right there...

1 minute ago, PoeticG said:

All I hear is QB, QB, QB, QB, QB... stop it already. We're not taking a QB #1. Dorsey said getting the QB solved was priority #1, he's fulfilled that by trading for Tyrod Taylor, he's said he was the starter this year. Nowhere in any statement or press conference has Dorsey said that we're taking a QB #1. Only shell shocked fans and Mary Kay Cabot are declaring QB #1 as gospel. Don't be sheep. Be lions. 

Stop being such a chickenshit, PatheticG. 

Your guarantees are as pointless as your weekly Kevin Hogan polls were last season.  

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Stop being such a chickenshit, PatheticG. 

Your guarantees are as pointless as your weekly Kevin Hogan polls were last season.  

Pointless or not, I was correct. As I am again. You are the one who can't form your own opinion Mary Kay. 

2 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Pointless or not, I was correct. As I am again. You are the one who can't form your own opinion Mary Kay. 

Yet you won't bet me, because you know the Browns aren't drafting Barkley.

And it hurts so, so much. 

Just now, Tour2ma said:

Wait... Tyrod is "the one"? :wacko:

Tyrod is a veteran player who has had some success. Protect the ball, limit turnovers, run Saquon and take what the defense is going to give us. I believe they will have to pick their poison with Saquon, Gordon and Landry... not to mention Njoku and Coleman, and others as well...

Many franchise QBs have been found outside the Top 3 picks, it won't be the end of the world if we wait until 4 to take our QB, one that we won't have to start right away, we have the ability to sit him for a season or two and develop him the right way. But, say #4 pans out and blows Tyrod and Hogan out of the water- by all means, it's a good problem to have.

30 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

You've proven yourself to be full of Sheet soooo, nah - I don't believe you. Barkley though? Yeah, I do. 

Barkley and Baker are the picks at #1 and #4- read em and weep. 

Haha.

Whether you want to believe me or not doesn't matter. It wasn't true, but it came straight from the horse's mouth.

Guess what else isn't true, 4.29. You know how I know? This little thing called the combine where BARKLEY PROVED HE WAS IN FACT A 4.40 GUY.

So go ahead and lie to yourself some more 

5 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Tyrod is a veteran player who has had some success. Protect the ball, limit turnovers, run Saquon and take what the defense is going to give us. I believe they will have to pick their poison with Saquon, Gordon and Landry... not to mention Njoku and Coleman, and others as well...

Many franchise QBs have been found outside the Top 3 picks, it won't be the end of the world if we wait until 4 to take our QB, one that we won't have to start right away, we have the ability to sit him for a season or two and develop him the right way. But, say #4 pans out and blows Tyrod and Hogan out of the water- by all means, it's a good problem to have.

7 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Do you remember the things you say?

IN YOUR OPINION someone drafted #1 Has to play right away to be worth it, but #4 should be able to sit.

Yeah makes PERFECT sense

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

;) 

1 minute ago, Gunz41 said:

Do you remember the things you say?

IN YOUR OPINION someone drafted #1 Has to play right away to be worth it, but #4 should be able to sit.

Yeah makes PERFECT sense

Right, because Barkley #1 is going to CONTRIBUTE day 1. We need to get better, Barkley is a weapon that changes the way teams can play us. I don't know what you don't get? 

At #4 we have the luxury of drafting a QB that we can develop... once we've secured our playmaker. 

21 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I see you failed once again to address my issues with anything of substance... resulting back to infantile insults shows your maturity. 

I'm 100% clear and concise in my evaluation or rather, my opinion. Where as I haven't seen you do anything but ride the coat-tails... maybe I'll start calling you "Tomlin Tom" 

Rushing stats for the year have been posted many times before. Saquon isn't at the top of any of them, and for Zeke 2.0 mixed with LT 2.0.... he should be. His YPC should be right up at the top, cuz with his speed he can break huge runs. 

I don't care if it's Jim Brown 2.0 coming out.... A QB is what this team has needed for 20+ years....  T Taylor is simply a bridge....They don't draft a QB with #1 pick, they're going nowhere. They have to get a big time QB.  Teams that have the good QB's go to the playoffs and Super Bowl. That's the most important position. They've failed miserably to address it, even when guys like Wentz and Watson fell into their laps. The bad teams typically have bad QB's or their QB's are injured and the backup's playing. Or in the Brown's case, all we have are backups, hence the 1-31 record. Sick of trade down... trade down.....

They've won like 5 games since Hoyer went down? That's an even bigger joke than being bad every year and somehow winding up with bad qb after bad qb. Factory of sadness will end when they get the right young QB. Until they do, they'll continue to be the laughing stock of the league. And trust me, having lived out of state for 20 years, the Browns are laughed at by almost everyone... the only ones who don't are the ones that just pity us. 

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

So, by all means, continue to nitpick and reach for negatives but I think that it's pretty clear. "Most" everyone I've talked to personally are 100% on board with Barkley #1 and the best QB available at #4, so- you can't tell me nothing.

Barkley #1 or bust.  

Yeah, I know- that was the Homeless Guy and 10 of his friends you talked to out on the street corner.  Do us all a favor and disappear for a couple months when Saquon doesn't go #1.

BARKLEY, BARKLEY, BARKLEY- JUST STOP IT ALREADY!!! DAMN BROKEN RECORD.   :lol::lol::lol: Well, by far every mock draft I just checked on TODAY has the Browns taking a Quarterback at #1. Only a couple exceptions still have Barkley going #1. Even Barkley's #1 fan at NFLN (Bucky Brooks) dropped him out of the top spot. Ditto Walter Football. So just get used to the idea- your hero isn't going #1 anymore, and he may not even be going to the Browns. :P The way things are shaping up, there is no way Cleveland will wait until #4 to take their qb- the risk that the top two may already be gone is way too high. OTOH!!!  

PER WALTER:  I've slotted Saquon Barkley atop my 2018 NFL Mock Draft for a while now, and he's the player Cleveland wants the most. DEBATABLE WALTER However, recent trades will force the Browns into taking a quarterback first overall because they'll almost certainly be able to obtain Barkley with the fourth-overall choice. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php#Y5SuyILiRutpMcpi.99

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Take a look at the screenshot above- The defender #26 (in red) is you "trying" to make a case against Barkley. You're funny, now go clean yourself up son, it's embarrassing.

I've seen Barkley juke Bosa to his knees, dust your boy Hubbard like a toddler, run past Vita Vea like he was a statue and straight dog a lot of these supposed first round talents. Barkley is a Beast - just admit it and quit crying because we're drafting him #1. 

None of these QB's are worthy of being drafted before our boy Saquon,- I don't care if it's a QB, he's going to be backing up the backup next season. 

Plenty of Front Offices have missed on #1 QBs in the past, you think that just because we pick "him" #1, this "random #1 QB" - one who shall not be named because nobody knows who is best) that he's going to be our QB for the next 20 to 30 years? Get real bro, Joe Thomas- the best LT to play the game barely made it 11 seasons. Don't try and pretend to know how long this guy or that guy is going to play. Each player is different and that is something you can't plan for. What if your coveted #1 QB busts? Yeah, you've all failed to address that but love to whine and whatnot about the best player in the draft... funny. 

Po when we don't draft him number 1 will you please go become a fan of whomever does draft him. I'm so sick of you being on your knees for this guy. It's absolutely ridiculous and bordering on obsession. Actually it is well past obsession at this point.

How?

you weren't right on Hogan. As I stated before the only reason he is on the team is because kizer actually has talent and other teams saw it and were willing to trade for him while the Browns/Dorsey wants his own rookie this year. You can bet your azz that if even one team offered up a 7th rounder (let alone a guy who will be starting for our defense this year) for Hogan he would be out the fukcing door. Alas he is no more than an arm in practice and every team in the league knows it so no offers came in for him.

30 minutes ago, hoorta said:

PER WALTER:  I've slotted Saquon Barkley atop my 2018 NFL Mock Draft for a while now, and he's the player Cleveland wants the most. DEBATABLE WALTER However, recent trades will force the Browns into taking a quarterback first overall because they'll almost certainly be able to obtain Barkley with the fourth-overall choice. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php#Y5SuyILiRutpMcpi.99

**SIGH** Somehow taking him at #4 just won't be the same...

16 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

**SIGH** Somehow taking him at #4 just won't be the same...

I really don't (have much of) a problem taking Saquon at #4. Though the clip of him getting trucked in the OSU game was an eye-opener of what he's going to be facing when he runs into Bosa or Mack. Did like your Deep Dive on the running backs- and it confirmed what everyone's been saying for weeks- getting sandwiched multiple plays between one long run is not very efficient running. LOL, you don't draft a kick returner in the top five either.  :)    I'd much rather go Fitzpatrick\Chubb at #4 and Take our running back like Guice or Michel (or whoever's left) at the top of the second....   

9 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Many franchise QBs have been found outside the Top 3 picks, it won't be the end of the world if we wait until 4 to take our QB, one that we won't have to start right away, we have the ability to sit him for a season or two and develop him the right way. But, say #4 pans out and blows HOGAN and Tyrod out of the water- by all means, it's a good problem to have.

11 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Take a look at the screenshot above- The defender #26 (in red) is you "trying" to make a case against Barkley. You're funny, now go clean yourself up son, it's embarrassing.

I've seen Barkley juke Bosa to his knees, dust your boy Hubbard like a toddler, run past Vita Vea like he was a statue and straight dog a lot of these supposed first round talents. Barkley is a Beast - just admit it and quit crying because we're drafting him #1. 

None of these QB's are worthy of being drafted before our boy Saquon,- I don't care if it's a QB, he's going to be backing up the backup next season. 

Plenty of Front Offices have missed on #1 QBs in the past, you think that just because we pick "him" #1, this "random #1 QB" - one who shall not be named because nobody knows who is best) that he's going to be our QB for the next 20 to 30 years? Get real bro, Joe Thomas- the best LT to play the game barely made it 11 seasons. Don't try and pretend to know how long this guy or that guy is going to play. Each player is different and that is something you can't plan for. What if your coveted #1 QB busts? Yeah, you've all failed to address that but love to whine and whatnot about the best player in the draft... funny. 

Not sure if troll or moron 

4 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

He is a troll or grew up on Flint, Michigan water.

The latter is more likely. Po does far too often develop a very unhealthy obsessive\compulsive fixation on a particular player. As Alan Cummings noted in the mini-series "Tin Man" modern psychiatric care is only a phone call away.  :)

Archived