THE BROWNS BOARD

All Saquon, all the Time...

hoorta

Now I want to read this reply you would have had. Because there are things you need to answer if you are to be taken seriously

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol its good to see the same dynamic that I loved on the old forums are also here. 

I'm all for debate on who fits best where and why. I do think that, from a value aspect, the QBs could be seen as similar,  but I also think that there is enough of a difference for offensive schemes to matter. (Most of the time). Now that I've said that, I almost feel that the Browns are immune to that line of thinking this time around, simply because I feel (hope) that Hue is a dead coach walking. Personally, I feel that his 1-31 record and his bad coaching/ time management issues were enough to warrant his termination. (I also feel that it helps when an organization begins completely from scratch if they are acquiring so many new pieces). 

So, with that said, the team may be actually be in a situation doesn't matter this year, because there is a strong chance that there will be a new head coach in '19 and this year, Tyrod is the bridge QB and Cleveland may be (hopefully) sitting their rookie QB all year, in the same vein as Mahomes in KC. 

So then, this begs the question "why would you take a QB at 1.01 if he's going to just sit all year?" 

Two reasons: 

1. The way the draft appears to be playing out, getting the best QB for the team means taking him at the first spot; not settling on who is left. 

2, The current FO plans to never be this high again, (at least while they are in the FO) so they want to lock up their guy now. 

That my logic on the matter. But on my mock drafts, I actually have Saquon going one of three places: NYG, IND, or TB. 

In most situations, I see it being QB at 1 and Chubb at 4. 

Just my two cents. 

7 minutes ago, Baequon Snarky said:

Lol its good to see the same dynamic that I loved on the old forums are also here. 

I'm all for debate on who fits best where and why. I do think that, from a value aspect, the QBs could be seen as similar,  but I also think that there is enough of a difference for offensive schemes to matter. (Most of the time). Now that I've said that, I almost feel that the Browns are immune to that line of thinking this time around, simply because I feel (hope) that Hue is a dead coach walking. Personally, I feel that his 1-31 record and his bad coaching/ time management issues were enough to warrant his termination. (I also feel that it helps when an organization begins completely from scratch if they are acquiring so many new pieces). 

So, with that said, the team may be actually be in a situation doesn't matter this year, because there is a strong chance that there will be a new head coach in '19 and this year, Tyrod is the bridge QB and Cleveland may be (hopefully) sitting their rookie QB all year, in the same vein as Mahomes in KC. 

So then, this begs the question "why would you take a QB at 1.01 if he's going to just sit all year?" 

Two reasons: 

1. The way the draft appears to be playing out, getting the best QB for the team means taking him at the first spot; not settling on who is left. 

2, The current FO plans to never be this high again, (at least while they are in the FO) so they want to lock up their guy now. 

That my logic on the matter. But on my mock drafts, I actually have Saquon going one of three places: NYG, IND, or TB. 

In most situations, I see it being QB at 1 and Chubb at 4. 

Just my two cents. 

What did you used to call yourself?🥘🍟🏉

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

What did you used to call yourself?🥘🍟🏉

I hope he'll clue us in. Jogged my memory- one of the old AOL crowd I'd love to see posting again is BeesIndy. Metal Marty too. 

53 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Who you talking to?

Pog. I asked some real questions and he said he took an hour to respond, but then someone said something and it got lost? He said his reply would have made us friends, hence it MIGHT have had real substance, so I want to see it

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The logic behind this is baffling. People really think that after months and months of scouting these QBs the Browns are just going to be all: "You know, they are all perfectly fine for us and whatever one we get, we'll be fine with!"? 

I think the idea has been reinforced by a wrongheaded interpretation of what the Jets have done by moving up to a spot where they need to accept the possibility of two of their top QB prospects may be gone by the time they draft.

Folks wrongly think that just because they are prepared to select their #3 QB, that they have no preference among the top three. Give the Jets the #1 overall and they are not going to put three names in a hat and pull one.

2 hours ago, Baequon Snarky said:

So then, this begs the question "why would you take a QB at 1.01 if he's going to just sit all year?" Two reasons: 

2. The current FO plans to never be this high again, (at least while they are in the FO) so they want to lock up their guy now. 

Don't disagree, but I think it's simpler... You need a QB to complete your succession plan and your favorite prospect needs to develop before he's ready to start.

PO, WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE SAQUON VIDEOS!!! THE FIRST 100 WERE MORE THAN ENOUGH. WE GOT IT. Or do you want me to go one for one posting Sam Darnold tributes? I can do Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield videos if you prefer....  

19 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Has to be some Pop Warner footage out there that we've not seen yet... :)

Tour- I really don't want to be mean to Po. We know he's a big fan.  BUT- I don't know if I could take someone else running 40-50 pages of thread about Sam, Baker, or Rosen. The only one that's close is Cal's love for Allen- and even he's coming around to the Darnold Idea. 

We haven't even scratched the surface yet of the other top 5 running backs it's way more likely we're going to be taking other than Saquon. Hey, when I have the time- that's what I'm going to do. The non-Saquon  RB thread. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff on Guice, Chubb, Michel and others..  :) 

PS- That's the first Sam tribute video I've actually watched, and he looks damn impressive in it, no? I can see #1 overall.  

Flames of God! Redemption!!!! 

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

PO, WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE SAQUON VIDEOS!!! THE FIRST 100 WERE MORE THAN ENOUGH. WE GOT IT. Or do you want me to go one for one posting Sam Darnold tributes? I can do Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield videos if you prefer....  

Pete OG is simply trying to produce his own sequel to Groundhog Day. That's all I can figure out.

Crow & Hyde both came into NFL in 2014.Crow laid ball on turf 6 times (3,0,2,1=6). Hyde 9 times (1,1,5,2=9)..Here's a inside read into this RB draft class..  https://www.upi.com/2018-NFL-Draft-Fumble-rates-for-running-back-prospects/7311518380025/   (here's Dutch Oven ickey celebration, with Ronald Jones rating  https://giphy.com/gifs/nfl-Z8T8Quw4hCo5a as Poe'g backs away;))

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Crow & Hyde both came into NFL in 2014.Crow laid ball on turf 6 times (3,0,2,1=6). Hyde 9 times (1,1,5,2=9)..Here's a inside read into this RB draft class..  https://www.upi.com/2018-NFL-Draft-Fumble-rates-for-running-back-prospects/7311518380025/   (here's Dutch Oven ickey celebration, with Ronald Jones rating  https://giphy.com/gifs/nfl-Z8T8Quw4hCo5a as Poe'g backs away;))

Sony Michel waaaaaaay down the list...

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

We'll be hearing for months how it was a horrible mistake...  :( 

Geee, just thinking back now, how long have we been thinking about this draft business already?

17 Sun December 31 1:00PM ET boxscore L   0-16 @ Pittsburgh Steelers 24 28

Oh yeah that long and only 33 days to go! :huh:

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Justin Jackson is shaping up to be the steal of this RB class.

He’s a well rounded back who isn’t exceptional at anything I’ve seen. Decent catching the ball, decent blocker, makes decent cuts, not too great fighting through contact, mediocre balance.... but he has been productive at every level, and would be a good 7th round pick.  

I’d much rather take a guy like Jackson in the 6th/7th than waste a first rounder on a RB. 

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Here's an excerpt -

"

What I know is Barkley would be a playmaker who defensive coordinators would have to account for. And remember, the “running back” of today has to be a pass catcher and blocker as well as a runner. Barkley checks all of those boxes. One of the most balanced looks at Saquon Barkley that I’ve seen is this article from Pro Football Focus. I’ll let you decide for yourself.

Finally, Barkley would be one piece of an offense that now has Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, David Njoku, Duke Johnson and Hyde. He wouldn’t have to be the focal point right away. As the Cleveland Browns continue to take steps to rebuild the talent, and the culture of their team, the question is not whether they can afford to take Barkley. The question is how can they not?

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Here's an excerpt -

"

What I know is Barkley would be a playmaker who defensive coordinators would have to account for. And remember, the “running back” of today has to be a pass catcher and blocker as well as a runner. Barkley checks all of those boxes. One of the most balanced looks at Saquon Barkley that I’ve seen is this article from Pro Football Focus. I’ll let you decide for yourself.

Finally, Barkley would be one piece of an offense that now has Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, David Njoku, Duke Johnson and Hyde. He wouldn’t have to be the focal point right away. As the Cleveland Browns continue to take steps to rebuild the talent, and the culture of their team, the question is not whether they can afford to take Barkley. The question is how can they not?

You got published. We now have to back off you, you are a celeb

Archived