THE BROWNS BOARD

Darnold at #1?

Babernakle

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Giants give us ODB and the #2, I would be fine with letting them draft #1... as long as they promise not to draft Saquon there. ;)

14 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

If the Giants give us ODB and the #2, I would be fine with letting them draft #1... as long as they promise not to draft Saquon there. ;)

yeah....because that's how business works.    Only in your Madden dreamland.

2 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Jim Mora thinks Darnold is the best fit for the Browns.  Pretty interesting.  He has stated before that he thinks Rosen and Darnold are both going to be awesome. 

Trying to save his kid from us... or maybe just Hue.

Wonder which NYC team he thinks is the better fit?

3 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Already told you once Po- when teams trade- you can't ask them who they're trading for.  I posted this in another thread, 2019 salaries, let's see- assuming Josh stays clean RFA- $10 million. Landry $16 million. OBJ $19 million. That's $45 million tied up in one position. IT'S NOT HAPPENING. That's 1\4th of your cap room on three players. 

USC may have scored 27 but, to me at least, this is the game I watched that most scares me about Darnold's ability at the pro level.        If you haven't watched the game vs Washy St.  I suggest you do.    So many things here that just aren't good which would show their ugly head again and various points throughout the season.

38 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

USC may have scored 27 but, to me at least, this is the game I watched that most scares me about Darnold's ability at the pro level.        If you haven't watched the game vs Washy St.  I suggest you do.    So many things here that just aren't good which would show their ugly head again and various points throughout the season.

Reminded me of the Ohio State game.  

5 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

But it was the greatest ever according to the NFL media. For god's sakes, HE THREW IN THE RAIN! 

It was greater than Manziel's? DID YOU SEE HE WORE HIS HELMET???!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

13 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Jim Mora thinks Darnold is the best fit for the Browns.  Pretty interesting.  He has stated before that he thinks Rosen and Darnold are both going to be awesome. 

The theory propounded on this is that this is just more of Rosen's "I don't want to play in Cleveland" schtick.   He asked his former coach to hype up some other QB to go to the Browns, thinking that that would persuade the Browns to not take him.

9 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Can't throw picks against air.  

But you can hop like a bunny...

Maybe it was an Easter tribute?

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It was greater than Manziel's? DID YOU SEE HE WORE HIS HELMET???!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

If you watched the Rich Eisen interview with Rosen, Eisen and his sidekick were ragging on Darnold for wearing a hat in the rain... and longsleeves.

17 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

If you watched the Rich Eisen interview with Rosen, Eisen and his sidekick were ragging on Darnold for wearing a hat in the rain... and longsleeves.

Wait till they get hit with wind that makes the wind Chill below zero Fahrenheit.

When that happens, then they will know that they are playing some fuyucking football.

12 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

OK Tia- want to know what you don't like. Sam is going to have to learn to slide at the next level or he's going to get killed. Love that pocket mobility though. Yeah, a couple of dumb mistakes and bad throws. The one fumble was an unabated to the qb- very few guys can duck in time when that's coming at them. That one near int in the end zone was a flagrant PI,  the USC's guys jersey was pulled out a foot away from his body...  

53 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Who was the last good QB named Sam?

Bradford don't count.

Edit...in checking....the ONLY "Sams"  of any note that have played QB in the NFL are  Sammy Baugh....and Bradford.

Note:      Along the same lines.....of first names you have these who are among the top 250 QBs in NFL history in Attempts

Sam:    Baugh and Bradford....as noted above.

Josh:  Josh McCown and Josh Freeman

Lamar:  Lamar McHan   played from 1954-1963  1442 passes attempted.  Played for the Cardinals, Packers, and Colts

Baker:  None

Mason:  None

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

OK Tia- want to know what you don't like. Sam is going to have to learn to slide at the next level or he's going to get killed. Love that pocket mobility though. Yeah, a couple of dumb mistakes and bad throws. The one fumble was an unabated to the qb- very few guys can duck in time when that's coming at them. That one near int in the end zone was a flagrant PI,  the USC's guys jersey was pulled out a foot away from his body...  

If you want I'll go through each and every play that just bothered me.  Im in Cleveland until about 9 (birthday party) so I'll be on here after. 

I sure hope this isn' the case. Allen isn't a 1st round prospect and I have really soured on Darnold. He looks really timid in the pocket and seems to panic when the pass rush heats up. 

I really think Mayfield is the guy that Dorsey is falling for. Moxy, accuracy, leadership, mobility, and he's a winner. Mayfield at 1 and Chubb at 4 lock it in.

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

If you want I'll go through each and every play that just bothered me.  Im in Cleveland until about 9 (birthday party) so I'll be on here after. 

I respect your takes Tia, so when you have time- we still have a month to go...  

6 hours ago, darren15 said:
Marcus MosherVerified account @Marcus_Mosher
FollowFollow @Marcus_Mosher
More

Chris Mortensen on NFL Live right now:He has been told It's down to Sam Darnold or Josh Allen for the #Browns.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Not Allen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Archived