• Saquon Barkley
    • Josh Allen
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Bradley Chubb
    • Josh Rosen
    • Trade out
    • Other

1 minute ago, PoeticG said:

I've been a Browns Fan since '99. That's 18/19 years - so really, I've paid my dues as you have as well, I don't care what you think. I'm entitled to my opinion and if you're boy Dutch has a problem with it- that's on him. 

1999,  Ok you have seen a lot of pain.   I can respect that.    See,   I remember when we were actually really, really good.  Like shoulda won a Superbowl good.  (Shmuckin Elway......)     Dutch has his opinions, some of which I agree with, some I don't.    But don't disrespect his knowledge.     While you  (or I )may not agree, he and MJP do know what they are talking about.    It might be a different perspective due to experience, that does not mean its wrong.   Until proven otherwise.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

Since '99 wow some grueling times there PoG, hopefully they can right this ship in the next two years or so.

This year is the year. I can feel it. This is going to be a special season. 

1 minute ago, Coyote said:

1999,  Ok you have seen a lot of pain.   I can respect that.    See,   I remember when we were actually really, really good.  Like shoulda won a Superbowl good.  (Shmuckin Elway......)     Dutch has his opinions, some of which I agree with, some I don't.    But don't disrespect his knowledge.     While you  (or I )may not agree, he and MJP do know what they are talking about.    It might be a different perspective due to experience, that does not mean its wrong.   Until proven otherwise.

In the process of becoming a fan I did go and learn all about the past. The Drive and the Fumble brought a tear to my eye... so I do get it. I also love Paul Brown- as I would a respected elder relative. :)

1 minute ago, PoeticG said:

This year is the year. I can feel it. This is going to be a special season. 

Maybe not special in the sense of number of wins.  (I think 6-7 wins is reasonable.)    But  I agree "special" in the sense that we have a front office that knows what the hell they are doing and some talent that will not embarrass the fan base.   Just Freaking beat Pittsburg,  Cinci and the Ratbirds this year.   Next year go for the Division.

29 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

You have no idea about what I know. It's just more words to me. You've said- Darnold and Chubb. Book it. Is it coincidence that is the mainstream media or is that your own determination? I don't know where you guys came from but there are many posters HERE that know what they are talking about... Dutch doesn't seem to be one of them. Careful of the company you keep. ;)

You are the biggest joke on this board.

That is saying a lot, considering this board still has Ghoolie and calfox on it.

Almost impressive. 

8 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Well I got to see Jim Brown in his prime, well all 9 seasons were his prime even with 12 and 14 game seasons. The BROWNS won the NFL when I was 13, the INDIANS won the World Series when I was 4, I used to listen since I was about 7 with grandpa, the BUCKEYES were great and our high school was #1 in Ohio. 

Yeah I was a spoiled sports nut. Oh and I loved to bet especially on football.

I feel that. 

10 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Maybe not special in the sense of number of wins.  (I think 6-7 wins is reasonable.)    But  I agree "special" in the sense that we have a front office that knows what the hell they are doing and some talent that will not embarrass the fan base.   Just Freaking beat Pittsburg,  Cinci and the Ratbirds this year.   Next year go for the Division.

I also feel that your statement is soooo close to being what the majority of fans in Cleveland feel.

I would say that beating Pit, Cin and Bal is a great start... But if we truly want to be great and turn the corner - we cannot concede ANY losses.

We must be of the mindset that every game we will compete and find a way to win. Until the Team, the FO and the Fans embrace this belief as well - we'll continue to struggle. 

I don't see any reason that this year cannot be our year. 

Year 3 with Hue, 2nd year with Williams at DC, new offense and some more weapons. This team is not even close to being an 0-16 team- they never should have been in the first place. We could have won some of those games last year. With the combined resolution to win coming from the players that were here last year and the determination to never let that happen again, I've foreseen a huge leap forward this year. 

9 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Well I got to see Jim Brown in his prime, well all 9 seasons were his prime even with 12 and 14 game seasons. The BROWNS won the NFL when I was 13, the INDIANS won the World Series when I was 4, I used to listen since I was about 7 with grandpa, the BUCKEYES were great and our high school was #1 in Ohio. 

Yeah I was a spoiled sports nut. Oh and I loved to bet especially on football.

You have seen a lot of the great times and a lot of misery.    Seen it all.   That is why even after 40 years of being a Cleveland sports fan I have a great deal of respect for your opinion.   Oh I may still think you are full of Sheet sometimes.......but after 15 years on the same message board............I'm allowed...............LOL

13 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You are the biggest joke on this board.

That is saying a lot, considering this board still has Ghoolie and calfox on it.

Almost impressive. 

No matter how many times you like to say it- it simply does not make it so. ;) 

2 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I feel that. 

I also feel that your statement is soooo close to being what the majority of fans in Cleveland feel.

I would say that beating Pit, Cin and Bal is a great start... But if we truly want to be great and turn the corner - we cannot concede ANY losses.

We must be of the mindset that every game we will compete and find a way to win. Until the Team, the FO and the Fans embrace this belief as well - we'll continue to struggle. 

I don't see any reason that this year cannot be our year. 

Year 3 with Hue, 2nd year with Williams at DC, new offense and some more weapons. This team is not even close to being an 0-16 team- they never should have been in the first place. We could have won some of those games last year. With the combined resolution to win coming from the players that were here last year and the determination to never let that happen again, I've foreseen a huge leap forward this year. 

Few teams go from basement to penthouse in 1 year.  Be realistic. (It will cause less pain)   If we start by beating our rivals, and getting 6-7 wins,  after 1-31..........   that's a freaking monumental accomplishment.   Then add some talent, fill some holes next year.   Win 10 games in '19.    Steps man,  gotta walk before you can run...........

Just now, PoeticG said:

No matter how many times you like to say it- it simply does not make it so. ;) 

If it was only me.

You are way, way more likeable than the other two mentioned though. I'll give you that. 

9 minutes ago, Coyote said:

You have seen a lot of the great times and a lot of misery.    Seen it all.   That is why even after 40 years of being a Cleveland sports fan I have a great deal of respect for your opinion.   Oh I may still think you are full of Sheet sometimes.......but after 15 years on the same message board............I'm aloud................LOL

But you caught the CAVS and the GOAT LBJ and the resurgent INDIANS who are the "winningest" team (wife said I made up that word) recently  in MLB.

And then there's the BUCKEYES and the winningest coach in NCAA D-1A football.  :D

The Browns have the Steelers week one at Home. 

We haven't won a Home game in a long - long time. 

I believe we punch Pittsburgh in the mouth and give them a taste of their own medicine(Haley's Offense) and once we finally get that first monkey off our back by winning a home opener and beating the Steelers... why look back at the past. Keep going forward, know that these guys are worthy of playing at this level. Success breeds success and off we go. 

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

But you caught the CAVS and the GOAT LBJ and the resurgent INDIANS who are the "winningest" team (wife said I made up that word) in MLB.

And then there's the BUCKEYES and the winningest coach in NCAA D-1A football.  :D

Believe me,   I cried a lot during the 80-90s.      I hate Elway still,  respect, but hate Jordan still...........  Hate the Cubs..........was at game 6 of the World Series........   But the Cavs and 2016 help relieve a lot of that pain..............now I want MORE...........

5 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

It's interesting that there have been rumors of the browns linked to every qb but Rosen...Any chance this is actually their guy? They know it and want to see who is willing to move up for what player. They could be perfectly positioning themselves because if they know the Jets love Mayfield, the Giants love Darnold, Bills Allen, then they could try to persuade one of those teams to move up knowing they are going to get Rosen at 3 or 4. Just a thought. 

I have thought of that same possibility. We'll know tomorrow night won't we?

Mike

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

You don't impress me dude.    I know you won't give a Sheet,  but I been a Browns fan since 1979.  49 years old. Do the math. (And I know that doesn't impress you either, but I don't give a Sheet.)    I do my own research for the draft and Darnold and Chubb make the most sense.  (Or Darnold and Barkley)       Dutch, myself and  MJP come from another forum that lasted for 15 years till the owner shut it down.    While our post count here (especially mine)  may not be impressive, we have each others back and are not gonna take any Sheet from the likes of you.   We know our Sheet, even though you might not agree...     You want respect for being here so long........... earn it. 

You and Poet at least have common ground in wanting Barkley. Smoke the peace pipe lol, we all have differing opinions but we all want the Browns to win

7 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

1) I think they are going to draft Baker Mayfield. 

2) I hope they take Lamar Jackson.

3) I can live with Rosen but he is soft.

4) I'm officially off of the Darnold bandwagon. He reminds me of Blaine Gabbert the more I watch his tape.

5) If we draft Allen I'll be blackout drunk before the 4th pick

1) Mayfield? Possible. 

2) Jackson? I'd rather have Allen or Rudolph

3) Make that "concussion prone."

4) I'm totally OK with Sam

5) Ditto. Triple shot of Russell Reserve. 

6 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I request that if the Browns take Saquon #1 that Dutch gets a "Poet's Bitch" tag beside his name.

And if we don't take Saquon- can I have Z kick you off for a month for wasting Bandwidth? 

5 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I've been a Browns Fan since '99. That's 18/19 years - so really, I've paid my dues as well, so I don't care what you think about me. You don't know me and I'm entitled to my own opinion and if you or your boy Dutch has a problem with it- that's your problem, not mine. 

Yes, your entitled to your opinion- even if the voices of experience- my football memories go back to "the Greatest Game Ever Played" the 1958 Colts-Giants Championship, say you're dead wrong. 

OK with 10 hours to go and the always accurate absentee ballots pretty much unanimous can we call this thing?  I just wish it showed the voters names.

And now who's the #4 pick?

1. Who WILL the Browns draft with the #1 pick

• Sam Darnold 23......with 23 of the 36 precincts reporting TBB declares Darnold the Cleveland Browns #1 pick
  • Saquon Barkley 2.....those same two diehards
  • Josh Allen 3
  • Baker Mayfield 7......hmmmmm, the longshot hopeful?
  • Bradley Chubb 0......no love for the Chubb
  • Josh Rosen 1
  • Trade out 0
  • Other 0

After the janitor, cleaners, security guards and facility cafe staff they finally let Hue see it

I just reported @nflnetwork that Head Coach Hue Jackson is fully in the loop with the @Browns draft plans. He has seen the final draft board as have the coordinators, some personnel staffers and ownership, which has signed off on everything.

15 hours ago, Coyote said:

I been a Browns fan since 1979.  49 years old

Oh, great... another fuc-king kid.

Welcome...

2 hours ago, darren15 said:
Steve WycheVerified account @wyche89 18h18 hours ago
MoreI just reported @nflnetwork that Head Coach Hue Jackson is fully in the loop with the @Browns draft plans. He has seen the final draft board as have the coordinators, some personnel staffers and ownership, which has signed off on everything.

"fully in the loop"... lol

29 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

"fully in the loop"... lol

Man, Trollie just didn't know when to give up. The card is ready to be handed in...  less than 7 hours to go...   

Why do I get the sickening feeling that Rosen is going to slide down to someone like the Patriots and 11 years from now we'll still be asking ourselves, "How the hell did we pass on him not once, but twice?" 

Archived